It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Controversial Therapy for Pre-Teen Transgender Patient Raises Questions

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by Ha`la`tha
Gender is MALE or FEMALE. Sexuality is all shades of gray...

According to who?

You?

"Boys have a penis, Girls have a vagina" - Kindergarten cop.

How can there be shades of having a penis or a vagina? Do you know someone who has 80% of a penis and 20% of a vagina?

Sure, you can be referring to hermaphrodites I suppose... but we're not talking about that. You're making stuff up.

Unless you were arguing that sexuality does not come in all variations?

You're arguing for the sake of it.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by billy197300
Ok then, look down....

Actually - - its more about what's in the brain.

That's sexuality Annee, not gender.

Unless you're referring to Dickheads..

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

Actually.. It's not.

There's a varying number of conditions, birth defects, and other situations that don't fit into two options.

We're not referring to a birth defect. Or hermaphrodites.

Has a child sexual identification now become something to diagnose and remedy?

Far out... the world is more doomed that it was last week... sheesh.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

By some standards, we are. It might blow your mind, you may not comprehend it, and it might even make you angry.
However there over riding impulses in some persons brains that they don't belong in their body..

Do you honestly think a normal boy is going to just up and decide that he should be a girl?

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
I'd love to hear why you think it's child abuse, but I'm sure you'll have some arbitrary and personal opinion as to what that is, so it would be a moot point would it not?

~Keeper

That person might have been arbitrary and personal, but I have an analogy to put this into perspective...

What if the parents or child were against tall people? The child is frightened of growing up to be taller than his parents. So they bind his legs to prevent the bones from growing.

Would you call THAT child abuse? Of course. So how is giving hormonal medications that PERMANENTLY AND IRREVOCABLY alter his body any better than the bone-binding example?!?!?

This is NOT a tattoo that can be removed. This is a life-altering and permanent decision that an 11 year old cannot comprehend. He cannot see the ramifications of this now. And it is rather more serious than a tattoo.
edit on 18-10-2011 by spaznational because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Actually it is a reverse-able decision. For one, he could just delay any hormone (or I suppose now anti hormone) treatments, and at his age the body would fall into it's natural signals and turn masculine over time as he grows.

If you think the psychological affects of such a decision made when someone is still learning to evaluate their own mindset and body, are reversible, then I disagree.

If anything, the physical appearance of a teenage boy being more effeminate, will result in him choosing to continue with this decision, more than any natural feeling will. You and I both know what happens to kids in school who act and look like 'sissies'. You cannot reverse that sort of torment, and sure you can wag your finger at the world for being that way, you will not change it with a hug.

This is setting the boy up for a life time of "what it" and pain, if he ends up regretting it. To do it at a young age is making sure he physically identifies with the female appearance during the most sexually formative years of his life.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Do you honestly think a normal boy is going to just up and decide that he should be a girl?

Nope.

Sounds more like something he was talked into by agendized adults.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by spaznational

That's also wrong..

He couldn't have ever even been considered for HRT without psychological counselling, and there's very strict guidelines involved. A psychologist wouldn't pursue hormone replacement if there was a chance it was just a parents game of show and tell.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

I fully agree with this sentiment.

At 11, I wanted a sex change and still played with my baby tenderlove doll. Throughout my teens / early 20s I wondered which side of the fence I was going to land on.

I see nothing wrong with having open discussions with your child about their feelings, your feelings, possible future options, etc. but leave the drugs out of it. They have no place in a pre-pubescent childs life.
Pleanty of time for this when he is older.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

By some standards, we are. It might blow your mind, you may not comprehend it, and it might even make you angry.
However there over riding impulses in some persons brains that they don't belong in their body..

Surely not, but then I don't believe he can even KNOW what he really is at this age, he may like pink and dolls and he may even appreciate beauty more than kicking a ball around, climbing trees and riding a bike.

That doesn't mean he's been born into the wrong body. How does he know that he will not become someone who appreciates things differently but ultimately identifies as male?

Physically altering his normal growth is wrong, in my opinion. Should he decide as an adult, that is his adult decision. Hell, even as a mature teenager, he can be fully aware of his sexual identity and seek gender reassignment, but at 11??

I cannot see that as acceptable. But I'm only replying on a forum on the internet, and not camping at his parents front door with a sign and shouting slogans, so as I say its just my opinion.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

It's also a life time of pain if he doesn't do it. I know what high school is like.. I had plenty of fights and got picked on myself.. I wasn't by any means a sissy either. That's just the way the world is for all of us. That is unless you're a tool with a couple of dimwitted friends.

It's still a reversible decision. But honestly unless he's extremely obsessed I would say he's too young. I can't make that decision, I don't know him or his life.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
My kid hates healthy food and wants junk food....maybe I'll let him make that decision. How much can it hurt, right?

There's a paradox with this story that I'm almost afraid to touch. One, the parents are lesbians. The little boy has zero male influence in his life, and is exposed to a same-sex relationship with his two mothers. To say that this has a direct correlation would ignite a hailstorm of debate in which a multitude of "normal" cases would eventually be posted. To say that this situation has no correlation is scientifically irresponsible. Children automatically desire to grow up and be like the people they love as their parents. There is no evidence one way or the other.

Two, the lesbian mothers are already predisposed to this line of thinking, which leads me to believe they may be bleeding hearts to the whims of a child who may simply desire to mimic them. Their ability to be responsible parents regarding this is greatly compromised BECAUSE they are lesbians. After all, to deny him would be to deny who they believe they are, so why would they? They are internalizing his wishes as their own, and imagine that if they inflict any sort of non-acceptance on him, then they immediately revert to their days of not being accepted and would view themselves as the bad guys....therefore, there is no choice for them but to give the kid what he wants.

The only sane person in this whole scenario should be the doctor. What doctor in his right mind would meddle in the hormonal development of a child????

This whole scene is messed up. Nature doesn't make mistakes, only man makes them.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

But honestly unless he's extremely obsessed I would say he's too young. I can't make that decision, I don't know him or his life.

I agree!

As I read from an adult who had a sex change, for them it was a mistake - they said that unless it was a choice between suicide and this, then his advice would not to do it.. Or her advice I should say.

But at the end of the day, it doesn't affect me, so..

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Gseven

One of the few sane and level headed statements. I totally agree with you.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I think this child is too young to be able to make an informed choice.

Society is forced by advertising and movies to become sexualized younger and younger, and then this kind of thing happens.

This boy should spend a few years of puberty before deciding on such a drastic change.

A lot of boys go through the pink Barbie stage when young, but it does not mean they need a sex change.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by spurge

*sigh*
Straight people should stop having gay children, then.
This isn't about the parents, this isn't about you.
It is about an 11 year old child being allowed/ guided into ingesting unnecessary drugs to prevent him from developing naturally.
No matter how you say it, it is wrong.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

It's also a life time of pain if he doesn't do it. I know what high school is like.. I had plenty of fights and got picked on myself.. I wasn't by any means a sissy either. That's just the way the world is for all of us. That is unless you're a tool with a couple of dimwitted friends.

It's still a reversible decision. But honestly unless he's extremely obsessed I would say he's too young. I can't make that decision, I don't know him or his life.

You are wrong. This child will have a painful life because he has horrible, selfish, ignorant parents who want nothing more than to use an innocent child in their own twisted game of dolly.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
A responsible adult would know that if you must be 18 to vote or go to war, then you must be 18 to change your sex.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
wow, this is a tuffy!

I think there is sufficient time to let this kid grow a few pubes and then see. but then again, he does look rather "sassy" in that second pic. LOL

I'm not gonna harp cause these are two lesbos, because I remember seeing a canadian docu on a straight couple pulling this crap on their son, who eventually killed himself. when he fought off the notion, the parents and doctor would try to force encounters with the young kid and a fullblown tranny.

I say let puberty work its magic on these kids, and when they are adults, they can switch. medicine and social tolerance is getting better by the day.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
definitely NOT right at all.

Then again I am biased as I am against gay adoption in a big way.

The local Child services NEED to step in here and I hope they do.

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join