It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Controversial Therapy for Pre-Teen Transgender Patient Raises Questions

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by peck420

It's good that he's taking it right now, he will know before he reaches age 13. If he doesn't want to go through with it, he can stop taking it and he will develop normally. You all are very ignorant about this subject, and that's obvious. That makes me more skeptical of other subjects discussed here as well.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by facelift
11 years of life experience is not adequate to make this decision, . . .

Yes - actually it is old enough.

Many (probably most) transsexuals/transgenders (also gay/lesbian) are aware of their sexual identity in their primary years.

I don't think you fully understood the comment you quoted.

11 years of life is not enough experience in life to make such a big decision.

It's actually closer to 7 years of life, considering he probably wasn't fully aware of who / what he was until he was 4 years old.

Then factor in that even at 11 he has zero sexual experience, zero relationship experience, and his reproductive organs do not even function.

No, I'm afraid kids are just that, kids. Not adults with the ability to reason or decide for themselves what gender they want to be.

This is entirely the parents fault.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Channel 4 here in the UK created a documentary about this with children as young as 8 stating they wanted to change sex, I can't remember if this child was in the documentary but it was a good watch to try and get to understand what the kids thought about and how they came to the decision.

I for one disagree with the whole idea but thats just my opinion, as for the couple being lesbian well that may of contributed to the whole thing but in the documentary you'll see the children often have straight parents.

The film is called: BODYSHOCK : Age 8 and Wanting a Sex Change

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

firstly people need to understand that transgenderisim is a actual mental and biologiccal problem from the day of conception, secondly, just because their same sex parrents doesnt mean somethings wrong, the only question should be if the child actualy thinks or desires to be a girl, i know i am transgender my self, so please trolls and haters, really think and look into the physcology of transgenderisim and keep your hated optionions to your self, any offencive comments and i will individual report each and every person who insites a hateful comment.oh and by the way, my partner and i are a lesbian couple with a 22 month old daughter and where not trying to put her on hormones, so i guess the beliefe that same sex relationship parents affect the childs eviroment is a load of trash, where not influencing her with anything except education and a open mind to all walks of life, people who judge gays ,bisexual , lesbiand and especially transgenders have no idea the hardships we go through as individuals let alone how our families work, where just like everyone else who is open minded and wnot like biggotts and homophobes.
edit on 19/01/2011 by Tahnya86 because: added more imput

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Besseb
Channel 4 here in the UK created a documentary about this with children as young as 8 stating they wanted to change sex, I can't remember if this child was in the documentary but it was a good watch to try and get to understand what the kids thought about and how they came to the decision.

I for one disagree with the whole idea but thats just my opinion, as for the couple being lesbian well that may of contributed to the whole thing but in the documentary you'll see the children often have straight parents.

The film is called: BODYSHOCK : Age 8 and Wanting a Sex Change

It's obvious the documentary creators have a slant in the subject. If you never tell a child they can magically "change their sex" how could they possibly want one?

I'm afraid the issue is pushed upon the kids in question. That's some pretty major irresponsibility on the part of the parents involved, to willingly offer their uneducated and inexperienced children a choice, one that they are unsuited to make for themselves. Kids do not know what they want. They are impulsive and naive. To give them whatever they want is not good for them, and any responsible parent knows this.

If you hand your child a gun, because he tells you he knows what it does and understands the dangers, are you going to listen? Kids are also guiltless liars, they do not understand right from wrong. It's entirely the parents responsibility for nurturing a kid's common sense.

This kind of thing is what happens when not even the parents have common sense.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Here's the problem as I see it.
I do not know the biological make up of the child. If the child has hormone disruption from pollutants and chemicals (environmental), this could be a problem stemming from birth. The knee jerk reaction is that the parents are being silly. But I just do not know what's out there to poison a baby's system and confuse the gender.

I am close with many humans who are homosexual, and also trans/gender confused. It is not a whimsical choice to go down that path. I firmly believe biology provides the structure.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by yourignoranceisbliss

##SNIP## It will effect you profoundly, whether you want it to or not. It manifests itself as a complete lack of self esteem and self presentation in those that are too ignorant to know that changing their gender is possible. It will affect your entire life, whether you know about gender reassignment or not. Some people never understand why they simply do not care about their own daily presentation, often time it's because the brain and the body do not match each other.

As far as how it comes to be, many people think that abnormally high estrogen quantities in the womb can cause a male child to develop in a decidedly female way. It's also true that there are many more male to female transgendered persons, than there are female to male. That fact seems to support the above statement.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I can remember reading the memoir of actor Patrick MacNee and he said his mother and her man-hating lover had him dressing in dresses until he was 11 years old which lead to his lifelong depression. So it is not unheard of for little boys to be put in this type of situation. I'm not accusing these women of anything just pointing out this is not an rare occurrence.

As for hormones I think there are some misguided people here. Hormones are made to seem to be a nonchalant thing tampering with them no serious consequence. Not true. Even if this child took them for a few years who can say he won't suffer a serious ailment later due to them. Hormones have to maintain a delicate balance in the body, I know most of us take them for granted but it can be a mother hubbard when they get out of whack.
edit on 18-10-2011 by Chai_An because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend

You're ignorant. It will effect you profoundly, whether you want it to or not. It manifests itself as a complete lack of self esteem and self presentation in those that are too ignorant to know that changing their gender is possible. It will affect your entire life, whether you know about gender reassignment or not. Some people never understand why they simply do not care about their own daily presentation, often time it's because the brain and the body do not match each other.

As far as how it comes to be, many people think that abnormally high estrogen quantities in the womb can cause a male child to develop in a decidedly female way. It's also true that there are many more male to female transgendered persons, than there are female to male. That fact seems to support the above statement.

Excuse me? Re-read your previous posts. Not only are you arrogant to assume anyone who disagrees with you is "ignorant", but you're offensive and naive. If you want to claim that homosexuality happens pre-birth, the burden is upon you to prove it. I'm afraid you can't, and you won't be able to.

So continue to spout off offensive remarks and make a fool of yourself. You don't offend me at all. In fact, you only make apparent my posit, that it's a child that was never told NO that refuses to accept themselves for what they are.

I take it your parents never told you no, so you troll forums insulting anyone who intimidates you.

Grow up, you're not even worth clicking the report button, kiddo.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

You really don't get it. Have you ever met a transgendered person? Talked to them?

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Tahnya86

We ALL go through identity crises and self-esteem issues as a child... My point though, is that I have no problem with the decision to go transgender... My problem, is with allowing a CHILD to make that decision, when he or she isn't armed with enough life experience to properly make such a life-altering decision.

Again, once 18, have at it, if that's what he or she wants...but until then, it's just too big a decision. Heck, why not let children vote, sign contracts, and throw back some whiskey while puffing on a cigar while we're at it? What the heck is the world coming to?

You really don't get it. Have you ever met a transgendered person? Talked to them?

I have (know her well, actually), and I will certainly ask her (used to be him) about it when I see her, but I'd bet good money she'd agree with me, that this is way too young to make such a decision. It took her years to make the decision herself.

edit on 18-10-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by spw184

One couple does not represent our whole. I know for a fact I would never do this to my kids and many homosexual families are less dysfunctional than heterosexual families. Look up: gay family values on youtube. It is a video series about a real life homosexual family.

One thing I do not understand is how come when a gay man rapes a guy, people scream "OMG THIS IS WHY GAYS ARE EVILL!!!! GAAAAH *rageragerage*"

But yet when a straight man rapes a guy, or a girl, they are all like "UGH THAT MAN NEEDS TO DIE!!! or meh whatever happens alot, or She was asking for it >_>"

Can you see the double standard here?

If a gay man does somthing, its obviously because he's gay.
If a straight man does somthing, its because HES a bad person.

Isn't this kind of what they said about blacks? And jews? and the japaneese?

What I don't understand is how you say that one person does not represent a group as a whole, yet just because one person says "OMG THIS IS WHY GAYS ARE EVIL," it is everybody but gays and it is a typical "double standard. Practice what you breech. I've never heard anybody say anything like that. So please quit trying to make "our" heterosexual side look bad. I know it's an important competition and all, but geez.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Far too young to make such a decision, the parents should be ashamed of themselves. Unlike other posters on the thread i don't see how this has anything to do with lesbian parents though, just irrational, messed up parents with no common sense, a males perspective and influence is important for a childs development of course but that can easily come from friends and family. Wait until he is 16, then he can make the decision.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

Im transgendered *Waves* feel free to ask away, the pain and issues i have delt with could not be fathermed nor felt with the regrets and things i have missed out on in life let alone the tourture of not being able to do what the gender you really are gets to do and having to goriw up in a gender role you are not wanting to be in is HELL!

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Tahnya86

I don't normally tell anyone on ATS publicly, but so am I.
Fully transitioned by age 21. You never know who you're going to meet on the internets! This thread makes me sick though.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tahnya86
reply to post by Evolutionsend

Im transgendered *Waves* feel free to ask away, the pain and issues i have delt with could not be fathermed nor felt with the regrets and things i have missed out on in life let alone the tourture of not being able to do what the gender you really are gets to do and having to goriw up in a gender role you are not wanting to be in is HELL!

I have a question.

What can you do now that you couldn't do before your change?

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

GAZROK, just so you know i appreciate your imput, but i knew i was a girl when i was 7 and a half, and, with hormones now days they are using types that will only halt the hormones, not eventually change the body chemistry perminantly, so if the descision is made to revert to the physical birth gender it may be done so without perminant effects, i got onto hormones age 24, i never got to have a biological child, i will never be able to hold a child, but most inportantly i had to do what i had to, there are proper studies in transgneder children but the parents need to go about this in a clinical particippation and assensment role, not on there hunches.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Besseb

Cry in public without being attacked by a bigoted man, insulting you and such for being a wimp.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

reply to post by Besseb

Cry in public without being attacked by a bigoted man, insulting you and such for being a wimp.

Is that all?

You're not telling me you've gone through all that just to be able to cry in public? And surely you're not going to just tell me you've changed because it'd be easier for you to dress and behave HOW you want in public without being 'attacked' because it would seem odd?

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

reply to post by Besseb

That's it?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join