It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those We Call Cavemen Were All That Remained Of Humanity After The Last Time We Destroyed Ourselves

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Originally posted by blocula

did you know that greenland is actually seperate islands/land masses connected as one by snow and ice! as the map shows!

All the geological maps contradict that. You can see one here

Seems like you misunderstood what was said or is it me?

" GREENLAND......Connected as one by SNOW and ICE which geo maps will not show.
edit on 22-9-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
From what I understand from the information available is that people around the 1500's had access to older source maps.

These old maps that are in question are admitted to be rough copies of originals. Who, when and how were these originals drawn. Of course this is debatable but one has to remember the millions of years we and humans like us lived on this planet. We are not a stupid species and our intelligence is not a new thing. I am sure we have mapped the earth before. Our thirst for exploration is not new as well. Its a human condition. We knew about North America before.

The forgetfulness of North America is not a hard thing to understand. The world back then did not have the network of information as we do today. I would say the major part of the world's population did not know anything outside their 100km living radius. North America was flooded from 10,000-7000 b.c with a global sea level change of over 123 meters+.

Ancient mariners spoke of how they could not sail east as they would hit a shoal of mud, trees. So america became lost.(again) to the East. The survivors can be seen echoed in the Hopi, Maya, Aztec, Peruvian, Bolivians and they have lore to back up this claim. Interesting enough the story of Atlantis told by Plato can very well be a glorified version of the Meso american, South American civilizations who were building pyramids, structured society etc....

One should not deny this completely but keep it on the pallet for the possibility is probable.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
i wonder how fast the glacial ice melted? which caused the sea levels around the world to rise and drown out every coastal ice age civilization.if it happened quickly,"in days" then that would certailnly account for the catastrophic global flood memories and stories passed down from the past.perhaps caused by a fluctuation of the sun's heat or solar flares? even if it occured more slowly, the people then were still flooded out and there's a lot of evidence of coastal ancient towns and cities,now buried beneath the ocean waves...

if the present day glacial ice and snow were to melt,this link shows what the continents would look like,in really high quality detail...lots of coastal cities would be flooded out...once again and some states would be totally under water > www.johnstonsarchive.net...
edit on 22-9-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

i wonder how fast the glacial ice melted? which caused the sea levels around the world to rise and drown out every coastal ice age civilization.

I wonder why it is that you wonder this.

That is, information on the rate of icemelt is readily available all over the internet, and you seem eager to believe any internet source.

In my opinion, you don't really "wonder" this at all. If you actually did "wonder how fast the glacial ice melted," you take the five or ten minutes out of your life that it takes to learn this established fact.

Harte

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

i wonder how fast the glacial ice melted? which caused the sea levels around the world to rise and drown out every coastal ice age civilization.

That is, information on the rate of icemelt is readily available all over the internet, and you seem eager to believe any internet source.

In my opinion, you don't really "wonder" this at all. If you actually did "wonder how fast the glacial ice melted," you take the five or ten minutes out of your life that it takes to learn this established fact.

Harte

He's only interested in changing the subject. It's always fun to live a life unburden by facts or reality!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Howdy Shadow Herder

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
From what I understand from the information available is that people around the 1500's had access to older source maps.

Ah, so where were they before that? Ancient maps show no such information as provided by the early Portuguese and Spanish explorers

These old maps that are in question are admitted to be rough copies of originals. Who, when and how were these originals drawn. Of course this is debatable but one has to remember the millions of years we and humans like us lived on this planet. We are not a stupid species and our intelligence is not a new thing. I am sure we have mapped the earth before. Our thirst for exploration is not new as well. Its a human condition. We knew about North America before.

Yes we did the Norse had been there around 1000 AD but the information wasn't spread very far except for knowledge of Greenland. The Polynesians may have made it but obviously they didn't spread the news either, if anyone else made it (besides the native americans) the information died with them.

The forgetfulness of North America is not a hard thing to understand. The world back then did not have the network of information as we do today. I would say the major part of the world's population did not know anything outside their 100km living radius. North America was flooded from 10,000-7000 b.c with a global sea level change of over 123 meters+.

True (about limited horizons of many people at that time) not to sure what you mean by your comment about a global sea?? In North America, the majority of NA wasn't flooded in that time span

Ancient mariners spoke of how they could not sail east as they would hit a shoal of mud, trees. So america became lost.(again) to the East. The survivors can be seen echoed in the Hopi, Maya, Aztec, Peruvian, Bolivians and they have lore to back up this claim. Interesting enough the story of Atlantis told by Plato can very well be a glorified version of the Meso american, South American civilizations who were building pyramids, structured society etc....

I think you mean 'west' instead of east. The mud story comes from Plato - which ancient mariners are you referring too? Although Plato's T & C has been assigned to about every place on earth the Meso American version isn't particularly evidence filled...

One should not deny this completely but keep it on the pallet for the possibility is probable

Some sort of Atlantis is possible but not probable, the 'Atlantis' outlined by Plato is not possible is you take everything he wrote on it to be true.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Some sort of Atlantis is possible but not probable, the 'Atlantis' outlined by Plato is not possible is you take everything he wrote on it to be true.

If you take anything literal written more than 1000 years ago you will find yourself in a archaeological, historical outhouse.

I wonder what kind of history we would have if we were all to disappear from the earth for 5000 years. How will they view us. Considering that most of our records are electronically kept there would be little evidence of our progression except for the plastics and foundations. This leads me to believe this is the first time humans lived in the petroleum/plastic/ synthetic stage.

Our previous ages seem more natural and not quite understood by modern man. An advanced human race should mimic the life styles of animals. Leaving nothing behind and living in equilibrium with the earth.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Harte
what's it like believing nothing?... and there's no way for any scientist to accurately know how fast the ice age ice and snow melted or even what triggered it...maybe it was prehistoric man throwing too many tin cans around? ha.ha.ha... it's all sun cycles and really nothing more...our ego's are so inflated.we strut around thinking that we cause the earth's changes...i'ts all naturally occuring cycles that have nothing to do with our puny selves...we are good at killing things.that's what the human animal is good at and responsible for creating homelessness,financial misery,despair,a million suicides a year and war...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Howdy SH

If you take anything literal written more than 1000 years ago you will find yourself in a archaeological, historical outhouse.

I understand what you are saying but some ancient records are probably quite accurate, many of the Sumerian tablets dealing with economic matters - despite a few errors, there math is actually right!

I wonder what kind of history we would have if we were all to disappear from the earth for 5000 years. How will they view us.

Depending if we continue on the path we are they might see us as warlike savages as much of that time would be compressed into what appears to be almost constant war (which it was)

Considering that most of our records are electronically kept there would be little evidence of our progression except for the plastics and foundations.

Electronic I believe became prominent around 1985 in the west at least, so at this time not much would be lost (compared to the full time line) however we can hope a more permanent record keeping system will be devised - it is a problem - and is one historians have already noted. Personal note my master thesis is written on a disk written on Claris software and run on a Apple II GS, I suspect there are few places were that disk could still be run, LOL

Don't get me started on the aborted microfische era!

This leads me to believe this is the first time humans lived in the petroleum/plastic/ synthetic stage.
Our previous ages seem more natural and not quite understood by modern man. An advanced human race should mimic the life styles of animals. Leaving nothing behind and living in equilibrium with the earth.

Yes to the first point, if you mean our slow progression from hunter-gathers to more sophisticated 'civilizations' then yes that is only partially understood, especially why we developed agriculture and village life. If you mean some other 'advance' civilization - that remains possible but completely without supporting evidence that we did that.

[
edit on 22/9/11 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

blocula said, "what's it like believing nothing?

I believe in lots of things but I prefer that which is based on evidence and science.

... and there's no way for any scientist to accurately know how fast the ice age ice and snow melted or even what triggered it...maybe it was prehistoric man throwing too many tin cans around? ha.ha.ha..

Actually there is, I'll name a few - since you don't read cites I'll skip those; you might, if you were actually interested in expanding your mind look into; the study of coral and what it tells us about ancient weather patterns, fossil pollen, ocean floor sediments, ice cores, atmosphere trap in crystals, etc. Those types of things provide information on what the climate was doing long ago.

edit on 22/9/11 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
all that we know and think about history, is what we are told and taught to believe and nothing more... 200,000 years is a very long time for "modern humans" to be walking around...and i'm "suppose to believe" that for 190,000 of those years, all we created for advancing ourselves was a spear,bows and arrows, mud huts and camp fires!... then... "all of a sudden" out from nowhere, in the past 5 or 10 thousand years we start to create math, astronomy, agriculture, gigantic stone monuments, written language! ect,ect,...tptb must think we are really, really stupid...

wake up and think about it!..in just 60 years we, "the same modern humans" went from horse drawn carriages to nuclear powered aircraft carriers!...in 60 years!...if we knew the whole truth of our forgotten past, it would shatter all our brainwashed beliefs and we would be forced to face our denials and fears of realizing that what we have accomplished and the ways we live, are only temporary delusions of grandeur...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

all that we know and think about history, is what we are told and taught to believe and nothing more...

Hans: why don’t you study it yourself – unless you think everybody’s ‘in on it”

200,000 years is a very long time for "modern humans" to be walking around...and i'm "suppose to believe" that for 190,000 of those years, all we created for advancing ourselves was a spear,bows and arrows, mud huts and camp fires!...

Hans: you don’t have to believe anything, many religious groups ignore such information. Yeah that is what we find – unless we find something else should we make up stuff to make it more “entertaining”?

then... "all of a sudden" out from nowhere, in the past 5 or 10 thousand years we start to create math, astronomy, agriculture, gigantic stone monuments, written language! ect,ect,...

Hans: Nope, if you would read more you’d know that bits and pieces of ‘civilization’ were occurring before that; Jomon pottery 14,000 years ago, baked clay back 25,000-30,000 years ago, cave art too back 25K+

tptb must think we are really, really stupid...

Hans: ah a believer in the macro elite conspiracy – well I guess you are doomed then, since from your world view everything is controlled……LOL odd thou that they allow you to discuss it - strange to the blossoming of information since the mid 1800s - so why have they allowed archaeologists to exist? Why allow us to find Sumer? The Minoans?

wake up and think about it!..in just 60 years we, "the same modern humans" went from horse drawn carriages to nuclear powered aircraft carriers!...60 years!...if we knew the whole truth of our forgotten past, it would shatter all our brainwashed beliefs and we would be forced to face our denials and fears of realizing that what we have accomplished and the ways we live, are only temporary delusions of grandeur...

Hans: I have and the evidence points to what is the consensus – that is what you don’t believe in. So in your world view the evil tptb have all the knowledge of what we were before and have managed to hide it all from everybody but a few poorly educated guys on the internet have figured it all out? How did you do that by the way? Without them destroying you?

I hate to ask but you got any of that ‘evidence’ stuff to support these ideas?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Lol epic bump much?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
the oldest pottery is not much older than 12,000 years >www.artistictile.net... and the ability to make pottery, is no comparison to the great pyramids and astronomical observations that suddenly sprang from nowhere...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
want to have your "taught and trained to think" beliefs blown away?...read this link! about an almost 200,000 year old modern city sized ruins discovered in africa > viewzone2.com... and whatta ya know,it dates to about the same time that the reptilians came to earth and enslaved humans "in africa" ! to mine gold for them and the area that this ruins is in, is the most gold abundant part of africa!...hmmmm?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

the oldest pottery is not much older than 12,000 years >www.artistictile.net... and the ability to make pottery, is no comparison to the great pyramids and astronomical observations that suddenly sprang from nowhere...

As I stated above on the pottery - you must try reading peoples replies

The rise of the pyramids was slow initially, from mastabas to the inovative mastaba 3038 and 3507 to the Djoser's step pyramid, that was how long blocula? Then the early pyramids then finally to Giza and the three generational pyramids....they 'sprang' from nowhere only to the limited sight of fringe believers who deny evidence.

Oh blocula the '200,000' year old civilization is an invalid claim - I know this is hard for you to understand but a claim doesn't equal true.....why don't you look at the claimed 'evidence' to support this date? What is it based on?
edit on 22/9/11 by Hanslune because: Added a crab salad recipe

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I'm reading lately about the many myths world over describing many cycles in which societies across the globe were destroyed. Some things point in that direction, like the Piri Reiss map, for example.

I have wondered also, then why not more evidence left? But in many cultures it is said that each time, humanity was able to reach a level of technology higher than the last, or different.... perhaps none of the others came up with plastics? They might have came up with similar technologies, using natural materials?

Then they claim that in some of the destruction phases, ice covered the civilized lands (could there be a remains under Antartica?) in some, great earthquakes and movements of the earth made civilized lands sink, the bottom of the ocean rise to form land, so that evidence could be at the bottom of the oceans and seas and covered with thousands of years worth of sand.

I live at a very high altitude, and our area is known for the fossils everywhere- ancient sea creatures you can just go aroudn and pick up randomly. When I realize this used to the bottom of a sea......I become aware of the huge changes that earth can do!

I have been also weighing the idea of technology and knowledge regressing to the point it would have had to if this were true. That sounds far fetched.

Until I thought about the area I chose to live in, because it offers us the greatest chances of survival in case of big changes. But the people here, as I wrote in another thread, are very self sustaining and sort of isolated. They don't know much, if anything, of what is going in the world because it doesn't effect them.
They don't have iphones, most don't have computers, they don't have much education either, because they drop out early to work the family farm or learn to be a plumber or mechanic. They use the cycles of the moon to determine what they are planting and when (for a lot of different things, actually). These little villages always have a local "healer" which uses only their hands and no one questions their power.

They don't frequent big stores, they exchange their fruits, vegggies they grow, their meat they raise, the game they kill. They don't have any idea where America is. (one old guy has heard about Chicago he tells me proudly, because it was once the biggest pig raising area in the world).

And they are all related in one way or another, a lot of married couples turn out to be cousins!

So I considered them as the ones that might survive a major wipe out of humanity, and I thought, oh yeah......I can see how the current knowledge, technology and level of intelligence even (through interbreeding) could digress a LOT!! Much would be lost.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Howdy Bluesma

I'm reading lately about the many myths world over describing many cycles in which societies across the globe were destroyed. Some things point in that direction, like the Piri Reiss map, for example.

Oh my we were just talking about that - the Piri Reis shows nothing but what the world was thought to be like in 1513 - it is not evidence of 'advanced knowledge', read a page back or so

I do have to go so will leave this short

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

As I stated above on the pottery - you must try reading peoples replies

The rise of the pyramids was slow initially, from mastabas to the inovative mastaba 3038 and 3507 to the Djoser's step pyramid, that was how long blocula? Then the early pyramids then finally to Giza and the three generational pyramids....they 'sprang' from nowhere only to the limited sight of fringe believers who deny evidence.

Oh blocula the '200,000' year old civilization is an invalid claim - I know this is hard for you to understand but a claim doesn't equal true.....why don't you look at the claimed 'evidence' to support this date? What is it based on?
edit on 22/9/11 by Hanslune because: Added a crab salad recipe
how can you just brush aside the 4 or 5 pages in this 200,000 years old ruins link viewzone2.com... and say it's invalid...how is it invalid? almost everything that i have said throughout this thread all comes together and you dismiss it all with one word...invalid....whatever?... i know we've been lied to on a massive scale by our evil leaders and have been deceived for a long time...they will not pull their bs lies wool over my eyes and close my mind from the truth...that's for sure!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Howdy Bluesma

Oh my we were just talking about that - the Piri Reis shows nothing but what the world was thought to be like in 1513 - it is not evidence of 'advanced knowledge', read a page back or so

I do have to go so will leave this short

Ah, I will have to go back and read the earlier posts..... I just came on to work out my thoughts on the subject without having taken the time to hear others yet! I'm reading a book on ancient mesoamerican cultures and that had my wheels turning! I'll go back and follow.

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join