It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those We Call Cavemen Were All That Remained Of Humanity After The Last Time We Destroyed Ourselves

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
I'd speculate it was:

A document detailing that the pyramids were built in 10,550 BC by Atlanteans written in a language they couldn't read
A copy of the Piri Reis map on an alien memory disk
A good crab salad recipe

Well this is a conspiracy site, so far out fringe speculations I guess are welcome but what you said was lame and you are just proving to everyone that you really have no useful knowledge on the subject.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte
Okay, hotshot, please provide evidence that "the kings of old" had some sort of knowledge over their subjects.

Harte

Wow you are on a roll with ignorant comments. Im not even going to touch it because it just a poor question... Hit the books kid.
edit on 26-9-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
time and time again, i read about how all throughout history,all over the world, "only the high preist and priestess could enter the temple" "only the shaman was allowed to view the sacred rolls" "only the royal elite were allowed to view the ancient texts" "only the king and queen and a few "chosen ones" were allowed within to view the secret altar" "only the oracle and her initiated guardians were able to read from the magic books" i could go on and on and on...and the atlantean's buried their "knowledge" beneath the sphinx and unfortunately, that evidence has surely been unearthed and studied and hidden from the common masses..."can't have our sheeple find out the truth, if they did, we would lose our power and control over them" edgar cayce-the hidden hall of records-members.tripod.com...
edit on 26-9-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder

Okay, hotshot, please provide evidence that "the kings of old" had some sort of knowledge over their subjects.

Harte

Wow you are on a roll with ignorant comments. Im not even going to touch it because it just a poor question... Hit the books kid.

I'd personally like you to answer it, rather than dodge.

Kings generally had power because they, or more usually an ancestor, won a battle or two. They maintained power through the hereditary principle, divine right, military might and political agreement. They lost power when they were beaten in battle, assassinated or exiled. Trace any of their lines back far enough, and you'll find a peasant, as with all of us.

You seem to be suggesting they had power because some arcane knowledge not available to the rest of the population. However you refuse to even tell us what this knowledge might involve and just tell us to "hit the books", without even specifying which books we will find this magical knowledge.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by FatherLukeDuke

Harte

However you refuse to even tell us what this knowledge might involve and just tell us to "hit the books", without even specifying which books we will find this magical knowledge.

The templars, masons, and other groups who have had thousands of years of reordered lineage have been keepers of knowledge regarding geography, people, religious secrets etc. . Its a deep very subject.

knowl·edge
noun /ˈnälij/ 
knowledges, plural

Definition of Knowledge:

Facts, information, and skills acquired by a person through experience or education; the theoretical or practical understanding of a subject
- a thirst for knowledge
- her considerable knowledge of antiques

What is known in a particular field or in total; facts and information
- the transmission of knowledge

True, justified belief; certain understanding, as opposed to opinion

Awareness or familiarity gained by experience of a fact or situation
- the program had been developed without his knowledge
- he denied all knowledge of the overnight incidents

So yes it is obvious kings, priests and alike had quite an advantage of knowledge over the commoner/farmer/herder.

This is why they are still in power today.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
time and time again, i read about how all throughout history,all over the world, "only the high preist and priestess could enter the temple" "only the shaman was allowed to view the sacred rolls" "only the royal elite were allowed to view the ancient texts" "only the king and queen and a few "chosen ones" were allowed within to view the secret altar" "only the oracle and her initiated guardians were able to read from the magic books" i could go on and on and on...and the atlantean's buried their "knowledge" beneath the sphinx and unfortunately, that evidence has surely been unearthed and studied and hidden from the common masses..."can't have our sheeple find out the truth, if they did, we would lose our power and control over them" edgar cayce-the hidden hall of records-members.tripod.com...
this above ^^^ is how "i know" they had access to hidden and secret knowledge...do you and i get to see and read the "top secret" and " above top secret" files,documents and information that the president of the united states is shown?...no...and who's showing these things anyways?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I'd speculate it was:

A document detailing that the pyramids were built in 10,550 BC by Atlanteans written in a language they couldn't read
A copy of the Piri Reis map on an alien memory disk
A good crab salad recipe

A rambling non fact reply to the Father....

Well this is a conspiracy site, so far out fringe speculations I guess are welcome but what you said was lame and you are just proving to everyone that you really have no useful knowledge on the subject.

Translation: Shadow Herder made a claim that 'knowledge' was given to kings - but have nothing to back it up.....nothing really new eh?

Just a suggestion, when you make claims here, especially wild ones, you WILL be asked to provide evidence of them. You may wish to make a note of that! LOL

We'll take your previous claim of knowledge as 'unproven'
edit on 26/9/11 by Hanslune because: Add comment of reply to Father Luke Duke

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

this above ^^^ is how "i know" they had access to hidden and secret knowledge...do you and i get to see and read the "top secret" and " above top secret" files,documents and information that the president of the united states is shown?...no...and who's showing these things anyways?

You know based on a website, well that certainly makes it true doesn't it.......blocula with all the seriousness I can gather up I must ask a question; is there any fringe archaeology related conspiracy you don't believe? If not, why? What criteria of evidence do you use to make these types of choices? Or is everything just true?

One other comment, you have recently linked to a Velikovsky and Cayce website - here's another question, do they agree or contradict one another?

You have a good day now

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

You know based on a website, well that certainly makes it true doesn't it.......blocula with all the seriousness I can gather up I must ask a question; is there any fringe archaeology related conspiracy you don't believe? If not, why? What criteria of evidence do you use to make these types of choices? Or is everything just true?

One other comment, you have recently linked to a Velikovsky and Cayce website - here's another question, do they agree or contradict one another?

You have a good day now

Hey there Hans
Well atleast he didn't bring up Egyptians in the grand canyon or nazis in the center of the earth,
And of course its true if its on the internet come on, ha ha.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Ok so according to you the kings, masons, templars had no more knowledge than a sheep herder. Give your a head shake.

Knowledge is Power - Bacon

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
"those who live,without knowing what happened before they were born,remain perpetually a child"

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Ok so according to you the kings, masons, templars had no more knowledge than a sheep herder. Give your a head shake.

Nope we ask YOU what this knowledge is....so what is it?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Howdy Punkinworks10

Originally posted by punkinworks10

Hey there Hans
Well atleast he didn't bring up Egyptians in the grand canyon or nazis in the center of the earth,

I'm sure he'll come get to it at some point! LOL

For blocula

"those who live,without knowing what happened before they were born,remain perpetually a child"

'those who believe in every rumour are not to considered knowledgeable'

Care to answer some of the those pending question blocula? You'll feel better later if you peek outside your box

edit on 26/9/11 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

marcus tullius cicero-106-bc / 43-bc ^^^

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Howdy Punkinworks10

Originally posted by punkinworks10

Hey there Hans

I'm sure he'll come get to it at some point!
as far as your critical opinion of the internet, how else and where else are we going to find out information today...under a rock?...the dark side of the moon?...and prove to me that the nazis "did not" go to the moon...they are the ones who got us there > ss scientists!

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

]

I'm sure he'll come get to it at some point!
as far as your critical opinion of the internet, how else and where else are we going to find out information today...under a rock?...the dark side of the moon?...and prove to me that the nazis "did not" go to the moon...they are the ones who got us there > ss scientists!

Blocula I added material to the message you responded to while you were posting your last message.

Books & papers - only a tiny fraction of knowledge is presently on the web, the web can be useful but if you have no criteria for sorting the chaff from the wheat you'll quickly go off the rails

Sorry cannot prove a negative - but I'm sure you believe the Nazis did prior to German scientists integration with the Russian and American space programs, I mean, I apologise for repeating myself, but what conspiracies don't you believe- and why?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
wether information is gathered from a book, papers or the internet does'nt matter to a skeptic. a non believer. they will still say the evidence is wrong or fake, no matter where you find it or read it....all i know is that we went from "horse drawn carriages-1900" to the first "nuclear powered aircraft carrier-1961"...in 60 years! < that is amazing!...and modern humans have been walking around for 200,000 years...< those numbers speak for themselves...

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I have given the subject of an "advanced" pre-neolithic culture alot of attention in the last 10 years and have concluded :

if a advanced society was around more then a million years ago and they somehow all got wiped out. It would be pretty hard to prove they ever were around. But there would be traces found in the form of mining for any resource (coal, oil, iron,...). We consume :

Flows (daily production) during 2006 Coal: 18,476,127 short tonnes (16,761,260 metric tonnes),[15] 52,000,000 barrels (8,300,000 m3) of oil equivalent per day Oil: 84,000,000 barrels per day (13,400,000 m3/d)[16] Natural gas: 104,435 billion cubic feet (2,960 billion cubic metres),[17] 19,000,000 barrels (3,000,000 m3) of oil equivalent per day

Its clear we will leave traces in the next million years tru empty regions in the Earths crust. So i tend to believe that if they were here, they would have been here more then 5 million years ago. But thats only my opinion on it. Its not "fact" or "proof"!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

wether information is gathered from a book, papers or the internet does'nt matter to a skeptic. a non believer. they will still say the evidence is wrong or fake, no matter where you find it or read it....all i know is that we went from "horse drawn carriages-1900" to the first "nuclear powered aircraft carrier-1961"...in 60 years! < that is amazing!...and modern humans have been walking around for 200,000 years...< those numbers speak for themselves...

Well it does, what matters is the evidence, you don't look at it. I don't 'say' anything, I just point to the evidence it speaks not me.

Again using the Piri Reis you seem to believe it is evidence of something, your 'evidence' is merely repeating what a website told you to believe. Unfortunately what is written is nonsense and easy determined by looking at the map - you decline to do so......

Howdy Spartannic

Yep that pretty much the reasoning in this and several other threads

Your time frame remark is nice but how is it germane to the conversation? The Sumerian went from villages to cities in around 325 years - that is even more remarkable.. being personally incredulous isn't a fact

Knowledge increases faster as more is obtained - which is what is happening now
edit on 27/9/11 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Harte

Obviously you won't "touch it" because your claim is completely empty. IOW, there's nothing there to "touch."

The only question I have is, are you actually aware of this, or do you believe the speculative baloney your own mind fabricates on the subject?

Harte

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join