It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those We Call Cavemen Were All That Remained Of Humanity After The Last Time We Destroyed Ourselves

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I think the most telling evidence of a past civilization like ours would be a lack of resources. Such a civilization would have mined all the ore and oil deposits just like we are doing.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snap
I think the most telling evidence of a past civilization like ours would be a lack of resources. Such a civilization would have mined all the ore and oil deposits just like we are doing.

Not quite. I could see that it is easy to think that way tho. You are assuming that to be advanced in the past we would be as stupid as we are today. We are in the petroleum age. It may very well be the first time humans have lived in this age. The previous advancements were more natural and less scarring on the planet.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
all that we know and think about history, is what we are told and taught to believe and nothing more...

In fact, that's how we know about anything
Let me ask - how did you learn to communicate? You were told.
How did you learn how to add? You were told.
How did you learn your name? You were told.
How did you learn your address? You were told.
How did you learn to think?

Oops.

Harte
edit on 9/23/2011 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
every child is born a peice of clay that is shaped and molded by society and a government installed education system,that automatically ignores any and all evidence that goes against their pre arranged belief structures and by their parents pre conceived beliefs that were also learned from the same educationally brainwashing system...

i was never even taught about ww2 in high school...not one word. but i have since read well over 100 books on the subject and just as i never heard not a single word spoken from the state "public" school systems about ufo's,ghosts,sasquatch,poltergeists,lost civilizations,demonic posession,men in black,cattle mutilations,lake and ocean monsters,crop circles,other dimensionsal beings, ect,ect but i have immersed myself in all those "hushed up" subjects for over 20 years and have read hundreds of book and have studied hundreds of paranormal photographs and all of that i found out about on my own,not the tptb...

there's a lot that they don't want their masses of trained sheeple to find out about,because mainly,if they did,it would loosen their iron like grip that they have around us..it would lessen their power and control...
edit on 23-9-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder

Originally posted by Snap

Not quite. I could see that it is easy to think that way tho. You are assuming that to be advanced in the past we would be as stupid as we are today. We are in the petroleum age. It may very well be the first time humans have lived in this age. The previous advancements were more natural and less scarring on the planet.

We've discussed this before here on ATS. The problem with the 'eco-hiding' theory is that we can still detect nomadic hunter-gathers, stationary people are even more detectable.

Unless they were deliberately trying to avoid being seen archaeologically they would leave traces. The best way not to be detected is:

How a civilization can remain undetected
1. have very few people
2. don't make fires
3. don't make pottery or bake clay
4. don't modifiy the environment in any way
5. don't domesticate animals or plants
6. don't eat shell fish (the middens are easy to spot)
7. don't bury people, destroy your own bodies at death and disperse the bones - crush the teeth
8. absolutely no use of stone for tools, do not modify ivory, bone or shells either
9. never disturb the earth (by driving in a stake)
10. don't hunt animals and if you do widely disperse their remains
11. move constantly to avoid a build-up of waste, both human and food remains
12. don't concentrate on a few food sources in a small area - an unbalance or overuse can be detected

There if you do all that you'll be fairly undetectable

edit on 23/9/11 by Hanslune because: Corrected spelling

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

i was never even taught about ww2 in high school...not one word. but i have since read well over 100 books on the subject and just as i never heard not a single word spoken from the state "public" school systems about ufo's,ghosts,sasquatch,poltergeists,lost civilizations,demonic posession,men in black,cattle mutilations,lake and ocean monsters,crop circles,other dimensionsal beings, ect,ect but i have immersed myself in all those "hushed up" subjects for over 20 years and have read hundreds of book and have studied hundreds of paranormal photographs and all of that i found out about on my own,not the tptb...

Hmmmm so you read about them - why did the overwhelming tptb allow those books to be printed? Why did they allow Gutenburg to do his thing? You give the tptb superhuman powers but at the same time they appear incredibly inept!

there's a lot that they don't want their masses of trained sheeple to find out about,because mainly,if they did,it would loosen their iron like grip that they have around us..it would lessen their power and control...

So why did the tptb allow the Soviet Union to collapse? They had a system of suppression that worked fairly well - large bureaucracies to control what was archaeologically researched, strict control on what could be published, thorough control of media.......heck in the 1930's they killed off 85% of the archaeologists

The question must be asked, why did the tptb allow the rise of archaeologists at all? Why not keep everything under the thumb of repressive religions? Why was the power of religion weaken - starting the mid-19th century? Why was the reformation allowed?

Final amusing thought - what happens in those countries with little or no education systems? LOL
edit on 23/9/11 by Hanslune because: Added last line

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

how can you just brush aside the 4 or 5 pages in this 200,000 years old ruins link viewzone2.com... and say it's invalid...how is it invalid?

Because it is, remember you are the guy who thinks that the Piri Reis map shows Greenland - it doesn't, the fact that you insist it does, doesn't change the reality of it not showing it

almost everything that i have said throughout this thread all comes together and you dismiss it all with one word...invalid....whatever?

Earlier I provided evidence but as you don't read it I have stopped doing that - during your Gish Gallop you seemed very unwilling to discuss anything

... i know we've been lied to on a massive scale by our evil leaders and have been deceived for a long time...they will not pull their bs lies wool over my eyes and close my mind from the truth...that's for sure!

Sorry you've been told to believe that by fringe writers, you didn't 'figure it out' yourself. If you limit yourself to fringe sources - your world view will be very skewed.

Now here is a test, you were told to believe that the Piri Reis map shows Greenland - take the time to look at the map yourself (be skeptical) - if you do you will see they are lying to you.....but you won't will you? LOL

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
we still have freedom of speech and freedom of the press...so far...

revolutions happen from within..."the enemy within is like a pebble in the shoe"

and i don't think that the map shows greenland. the link clearly states that this map was copied from older originals and that they showed greenland. this map "does indeed" show part of the antarctic coastline "without ice" and the last time it was ice free was at least 10,000 years ago and we have only been able to recently see, with radar? what it actually looks like beneath the ice and the images, when superimposed, do match up like 90% or so and it states that this could only have been accomplished in the past, to that degree of accuracy, "from the air"!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

we still have freedom of speech and freedom of the press...so far...

blocula you do realize that just a few generations ago the vast majority of people DIDN'T have freedom of speech and press....these have come about rather recently in history -----so why did the tptb allow it (in your world view) people to gain this?

revolutions happen from within..."the enemy within is like a pebble in the shoe"

Rebellion against what exactly??

and i don't think that the map shows greenland. the link clearly states that this map was copied from older originals and that they showed greenland.

The phrase from the link that talks about Greenland

Later, studies by Professor Charles H. Hapgood and Richard W. Strachan revealed that the originals of the Piri Reis charts may have been aerial pictures snapped at a great height. The rivers, mountain ranges, islands, desserts, and plateaus, were drawn with unusual accuracy. As an example, Greenland was represented as being two separate islands. This was confirmed just recently by a French polar expedition; their seismic soundings beneath the surface indicated ice covers the space between the two islands.

when challenged on this your replied was

that where we call greenland,is shown in the map and it shows what greenland and antarctica looked like "without ice".

Ah we stand corrected the website merely claims that in maps no one has ever seen it MAYhave shown Greenland - which it doesn't you muddled the waters by your statement above

Excellent 'Greeland on the Piri Reis map' resolved

Your new claim

this map "does indeed" show part of the antarctic coastline "without ice" and the last time it was ice free was at least 10,000 years ago and we have only been able to recently see, with radar? what it actually looks like beneath the ice and the images, when superimposed, do match up like 90% or so and it states that this could only have been accomplished in the past, to that degree of accuracy, "from the air"!

No it doesn't check my original link to a modern world map with the Piri Reis superimposed which I have reposted below

The image above taken from this website Piri Reis map analysis

Care to explain where the Falklands are? The Antarctic peninsula? Why does the PR map show the 'Antarctic' in the wrong place?

If this is a super doper advance map why does the carribean look like a dogs' breaksfast? If you then claim some geological change - you'll note that Europe and Africa are accurate - hmmmmmm

edit on 23/9/11 by Hanslune because: Added correct link

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
One thing you have to keep in mind Hanslune is that there has been a conspiracy of information. There was knowledge found that has been kept from the public or atleast in the past. Freemasons, Templars, and other 'brotherhoods' are what they are today because of the information they kept. I know, it gets a little conspiratorial but its also a fact.

There is a prehistory of the world that is known to a few. One only has to read the 'fictional' works of Sir Francis Bacon, Shakespeare to catch a glimpse of what they knew. Why would they hide the knowledge of say the Americas can go many ways. Maybe it had to do with securing the Americas to the eastern kings.

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER - Sir Francis Bacon.
edit on 23-9-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Howdy Shadow Herder

One thing you have to keep in mind Hanslune is that there has been a conspiracy of information.

That is the opinion and excuse by the fringe for why evidence cannot be found, there have been open conspiracies against archaeological information, most notably the Soviet Union - these were well known, documented, obvious and backed by a large bureaucracy. The current fringe conspiracy, is unknown to archaeologists, has no organization not even a name and for which no evidence exists - it is said to be 100% effective while the Soviet effort was at best 85% ....yet the fringe version also is incredibly inept allowing all kinds of fringe people to 'expose' the information they are hiding.......go figure, LOL

Crying 'conspiracy' is a simple way to escape from that which kills all of these fringe theories - a lack of evidence, of course there is also a lack of evidence for the conspiracy too

There was knowledge found that has been kept from the public or atleast in the past. Freemasons, Templars, and other 'brotherhoods' are what they are today because of the information they kept. I know, it gets a little conspiratorial but its also a fact.

A fringe 'factoid' yes in the real world the best one could say was 'unproven' tending towards silliness.

There is a prehistory of the world that is known to a few. One only has to read the 'fictional' works of Sir Francis Bacon, Shakespeare to catch a glimpse of what they knew. Why would they hide the knowledge of say the Americas can go many ways. Maybe it had to do with securing the Americas to the eastern kings.

I presume you are referring to SFB's utopian book? So if they were 'hiding' the Americas, how did the native Americans get here, the Vikings and Columbus? Seems a contradiction

Other than that????

edit on 23/9/11 by Hanslune because: Grammar

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
and i think that some of this "knowledge" was unburied from around and beneath the sphinx by tptb. probably during ww2. when tne nazis were advancing towards and into egypt...that same area of the sphinx the egyptian authorities "refuse" to let anyone dig in or under. the same place that edgar cayce said secret mystic knowledge was stored long ago > www.crystalinks.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

and i think that some of this "knowledge" was unburied from around and beneath the sphinx by tptb. probably during ww2. when tne nazis were advancing towards and into egypt...that the same place that edgar cayce said secret mystic knowledge was stored long ago

Chaging subjects again blocula?

Well of course - run away from the Piri Reis but .....the Piri Reis will never run away from you

same area of the sphinx the egyptian authorities "refuse" to let anyone dig in or under.

ah, blocula you do know that the Sphinx is a (mostly) solid piece of limestone that is associated with a large formation of limestone - ie it is solid limestone* below it?

the same place that edgar cayce said secret mystic knowledge was stored long ago

A cayce prediction:

"...the entity joined with those who were active in putting the records in forms that were partially of the old characters of the ancient or early Egyptian, and part in the newer form of the Atlanteans. These may be found, especially when the house or tomb of records is opened, in a few years from now. (2537-1; Jul 17, 1941) ...[the entity] was among the first to set the records that are yet to be discovered or yet to be had of those activities in the Atlantean land, and for the preservation of data that is yet to be found from the chambers of the way between the Sphinx and the pyramid of records. (3575-2; Jan 20, 1944)"

Strange he didn't predict the records being found and in 1944 he stated they were yet to found...

*it does have water created cracks and cervices, these have been investigated by camera
edit on 23/9/11 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
Howdy Shadow Herder

There was knowledge found that has been kept from the public or atleast in the past. Freemasons, Templars, and other 'brotherhoods' are what they are today because of the information they kept. I know, it gets a little conspiratorial but its also a fact.

A fringe 'factoid' yes in the real world the best one could say was 'unproven' tending towards silliness.

Ignorance is bliss. You should read more outside of encyclopedias and dated information. What gave the kings of old power was knowledge. This knowledge wasnt handed out in pamphlets to everyone but was kept tightly within inner circles.... Come on,, this is common knowledge and not 'fringe'.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
Howdy Shadow Herder

Ignorance is bliss.

yep

You should read more outside of encyclopedias and dated information.

Like the all those pesky papers about archaeology and history that I do read? Or being on line for the last few decades....

What gave the kings of old power was knowledge.

What happens when a king is killed off - where does the information go? Is the same information given to a ruler of the Incan empire as is given to the Chinese Emperor versus a Polynesian chieftain?

Who told the 'secrets' to the first king of Ur or Eridu?

This knowledge wasnt handed out in pamphlets to everyone but was kept tightly within inner circles....

Gives us a taste of this information that was given to say Shu-sin of Ur?

Come on,, this is common knowledge and not 'fringe'.

LOL, man you have read way to many fringe websites....its so fringy you can't see the skin....

edit on 23/9/11 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Patently absurd.

What gave the "kings of old" power was riches, might and ruthlessness.

"The kings of old" were ignorant bastards. They had no "knowledge" whatsoever.

Harte

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Patently absurd.

What gave the "kings of old" power was riches, might and ruthlessness.

"The kings of old" were ignorant bastards. They had no "knowledge" whatsoever.

Harte

Neither do you judging by your last ignorant statement......

Actually the most ignorant thing I heard this week.

Had to add....

Really|? Are you really serious about that last stupid statement? If so you have lost what ever credibility you thought you had in this "Ancients" forum. Hard to get past that considering in your mind you think you are knowledgeable in this field.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
does anyone actually think that if the records were dug up from beneath the sphinx that they would actually tell us about it?...i doubt it very much.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte
In fact, that's how we know about anything
Let me ask - how did you learn to communicate? You were told.
How did you learn how to add? You were told.
How did you learn your name? You were told.
How did you learn your address? You were told.
How did you learn to think?

Oops.

Harte

you are mistaken to assume this is how everyone thinks..

in elementry school, while everyone was learning addition and were taught to add from right to left, carrying remainders, I did things quite differently. I still do addition and multiplication from left to right, to this day... despite fighting with teachers throughout my schooling(them telling me to do it their way)

What about the names of cultural icons(if you can call them that)?

Was Prince, or the Artist formerly known as Prince, told to use that name? Was Lady Gaga forced to take that persona?

and when I move into a new residence, does someone have to sit down with me and teach me my new address?

I won't even get into the scores of babies throught history that communicate in their own languages(twins come to mind with this one)

just because you bought into the standardized thinking, that you were taught in school, does not mean everyone did

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
heres a link with one example of many concerning mystical knowledge > www.rosicrucian.org...

evidence of past cataclysms- link - www.thecityedition.com...

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join