It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those We Call Cavemen Were All That Remained Of Humanity After The Last Time We Destroyed Ourselves

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+118 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
www.bibliotecapleyades.net... i believe that human civilizations on earth have risen and fallen over and over again down through the ages. these now forgotten civilizations seem erased because of time,erosion,supression of information by the mainstream and the powers that be, who seek delusional refuge in knowing that their people are led astray from the truth and are trained to think and live half asleep. wandering lost in a fallen world of greed and blind denial of the fact that we've done this all before. we reach a point where we cant handle our own technology anymore and we self destruct. we recreate our own monsters again and again,they rise up and destroy their creators. atlantis is a good example of what i am saying and this self inflicted disaster is about to happen to us again.the twentieth century,a century of supposed progress and technological marvel is actually a century of neverending war,genocide and destruction on a scale far worse than all other periods in history combined. we have refined the demented art of killing off nature and eachother. if just five or ten nuclear power plants were to reach critical mass,break open and release their radioactive contents simultaneously,we would be in a horrible situation.the hellish risks that these things pose far outweigh their benefits and they should have never received the green light at all. we are being driven fast,without brakes,down a one way road of apocalyptic destiny that will result in our destruction once again...
edit on 10/5/2011 by tothetenthpower because: Thread name changed upon request

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Oh well, swings and roundabouts.

Maybe next time we'll get it right!

+31 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
You are on the right track.

Atlantis was what the previous civilization was called.

All man made structures would be gone in under 1000 years.

My theory is that our previous civilization peaked during the last ice age when the ocean level was lower. Since the majority of human population resides in ocean side cities the melting of the glaciers would have flooded.them out. There wouldn't have been many inland cities due to the ice age. There has to be some truth to the flood.stories that every ancient.society had.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

A never ending cycle of destruction and then recreation. I agree that there are civilizations that have been lost to us through natural disturbances like rising sea levels.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Although we have no real proof that humanity's history on this planet may have repeated itself many times over, I am fascinated by the thought periodically. What always gets me thinking, however, is how, as we advance technologically, the fewer durable bits of evidence we will leave behind to future epochs that we even existed. The vast majority of our technical knowhow, and information is electronic, on fragile little disks or in "the cloud". Maybe our ancestors realized more than we give them credit for when they carved into stone tablets and made megalithic structures.

+49 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Sorry, but I cannot buy it. Any truly advanced civilization will leave fingerprints on the land that will unmistakable. Although buildings facades may crumble, stone masonry work, foundations, metal implements, radioactive, and synthetics will survive in some recognizable matter for 10,000’s of years.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Lol, Ive been thinking this for like EVER!!! But my only question is, If cavemen were really just like us after the world completed its cycle ect, ect. Than how come we dont find plastics and other un-compostable materials in the ground? Plastic takes forever to decay, as the only way that it can break down is for it to die out because of halflifes of atoms.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Interesting theory which might be true. There were long periods of stagnation in the evolutionary timeline. It would explain why such highly advanced civilizations seemed to precede and exist ahead of times we lived in caves.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I think the carving in stone came after the fall of the last civilization. Most of the carvings we see today are only a few thousand years old. The last ice age ending roughly 12000 years ago.

If we had a mass extiction event tomorrow the only survivors would be rural folk or those who.escaped the cities with the clothing on their backs. Most of our history is recorded electronically or on paper. Both which wouldn't last more than 100 years if not properly cared for. Rural people are not the record keepers in society and many are not as up on world events. Our efforts would be shifted into survival mode leaving education and record keeping at the lowest of priorities. Technology that does survive wouldn't last long due to lack of replacement parts and know how to keep running. We would be back to pioneer standards in under a generation.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
OP: pick up the book Fingerprints of the Gods, by Graham Hancock, he expounds on this theory
you can get it on amazon or as a .pdf and read it for free

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

Metal? Hardly. 1000 years tops exposed to the elements. Only masonry work perhaps. Anything tall would fall over. You have to take erosion, natural disasters, sun damage, plant and tree growth, season cycles all in to effect also. Not to mention lack of upkeep which is constantly done on everything. The only things that would be around 4000 years from now are the same things we dig up from previous civilizations much of it which is controversial im nature as it is.
also the ocean levels are 5 meters higher so thatwould completely erase costal cities and blacked from the ice age wiped clean entire continents. Oh and althe previous civilization is theorized to have existed roughly 10000 to 15000 years ago. Plenty enough time for nature to erase it.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

Well i have to say ,do you think any advance tech that would be found buried on this planet would ever see light of day with the governments we have ruling this planet ,and we do have structures on this planet were we clearly know they are very very old IE: Sphinx of Giza and pyramids for instance ,we can't put a timeline on them.

edit on 15-8-2011 by TheMaverick because: Because i can

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

What do we make our advanced tech out of today? Plastics, soft metals and such. Allwhich would last under 100 years in the elements.

We do find some pretty advanced ancient things mind you.
Look up OOparts on google. Id post some stuff but to hard to do on my smartphone.

The problem with archaeological research today is that many of the conclusions we have are based on the fact that we never made societies over 6k years ago. Mind you we find stone tablets from that long ago that speak of things that happened even longer ago. Like biblical stories for example. Look up the sumerian epic of gilgamesh or the sumerian flood tablet. They were made in around 4000 bc.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Interesting timing, I was just having a conversation with a friend of mine about this over the weekend.. I personally believe technologically advanced societies have lived here before and either have fallen, or left the planet.

He cites our digital capabilities and the fact no other civilization has had that technology as proof that we're the most advanced our planet has seen and my response was that it's really just our perception of technology.. I think the reliance on "digital" and "electronic" will ultimately be more of a problem than a benefit.. plus I suggested what if this technology, or something like it, did exist? what do you think would happen after millions of years.. we're becoming a green society, slowly.. and as we do .. the less likely it will be for remnants of our existence to stand the tests of time.. digital media won't last millions of years, the magnetics that contain your data will become weak and be unreadable over time.. what if that's already happened before..

I told him - imagine that tomorrow a large magnetic storm hits the planet and wipes out our electric grid, destroys the satellites in orbit and blanks the digital media on the planet? square one.. many would die off as food production ground to a halt, many would die off from violence, disease and famine.. the shift would be away from technological advancement and directly to agriculture as a need.. it would reset us essentially to the beginning and would take generations to even have a semblance of recovery if the disaster was big enough to wipe out all of the electronics on the planet.. think very hard about technology you own that doesn't have some sort of computer involved? .. even your car has a computer.. gas pumps.. water systems..

It's quite easy to imagine that another civilization as advanced, if not more advanced.. was once here.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Its exaclty as I was saying. All would be lost. Now imagine the next society and their.religious belief system they would also.destroy anything that doesn't fit with their.belief system. Remind you of anything. Still happening today.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I aint talking about lasers, space ships and plasma screen TV's but some of the more mundane things like lightbulb filaments, stainless steel surgical tools, and plastic bottles.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000
reply to post by miniatus

Its exaclty as I was saying. All would be lost. Now imagine the next society and their.religious belief system they would also.destroy anything that doesn't fit with their.belief system. Remind you of anything. Still happening today.

And when you think about it further, all that would remain would be the occasional structures .. with large parts missing that weren't made from materials that could last..it would be an archeological mystery to future civilizations much as discoveries are mysterious to us today..

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

Those would all succumb to the destructive nature of the elements. All metals eventually oxidize. Some would be buried. Others would be repurposed and then eventually lost.

Google the baghdad battery though. A very interesting ancient artifact. Or just google OOparts in general. Heck ill go find a link.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike

I aint talking about lasers, space ships and plasma screen TV's but some of the more mundane things like lightbulb filaments, stainless steel surgical tools, and plastic bottles.

We find all sorts of odd things in the archeological records that we don't really understand.. there's been plenty of theories..

For anyone to really understand what a lightbulb filament was, they would have to evolve technical knowledge in a similar way that we have.. they might discover something like that and think it was some sort of unusual, primitive artistic representation of something.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by IEtherianSoul9
reply to post by blocula

A never ending cycle of destruction and then recreation. I agree that there are civilizations that have been lost to us through natural disturbances like rising sea levels.

I too agree. According to the Hopi, we are now living in the 4th world, and are about to enter the 5th world. Question is, will humankind destroy it also? It is my strong belief that if humankind were taught from the beginning that the planet they live on is their Mother God, they would then take care of it and honour it, instead of domineering over and destroying it. Am I alone in this thought?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join