It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those We Call Cavemen Were All That Remained Of Humanity After The Last Time We Destroyed Ourselves

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
does anyone actually think that if the records were dug up from beneath the sphinx that they would actually tell us about it?...i doubt it very much.

Why? Sounds like routine archaeology to me.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by wirehead

does anyone actually think that if the records were dug up from beneath the sphinx that they would actually tell us about it?...i doubt it very much.

Why? Sounds like routine archaeology to me.
this is anything but routine > www.robertschoch.net...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

heres a link with one example of many concerning mystical knowledge > www.rosicrucian.org...

evidence of past cataclysms- link - www.thecityedition.com...

Here is a great link to go over. It is flood stories from around the world. Obviously do not take them literally but you will deny the similarities in the stories from around the world. www.talkorigins.org...

Quechua:
The world wanted to come to an end. A llama buck, knowing that the ocean would soon overflow, was depressed. When its human owner complained that it wouldn't eat, the llama told him that the flood would occur in five days and suggested they go to Villca Coto mountain with five days' food. The man left in a hurry, carrying both the llama and the supplies. They arrived at the mountain to find the peak already filled with all kinds of animals. The flood came as soon as they arrived and lasted five days, then it dried to the ocean's normal position. The fox's tail was soaked, which turned it black. Afterwards, the man began to multiply once more

Inca (Peru):
Pictorial records of ancient Incan rulers show that a flood rose above the highest mountains. All created things perished, except for a man and woman who floated in a box. When the flood subsided, the floating box was driven by the wind to Tiahuanacu, about 200 miles from Cuzco, where the Creator told them to dwell. The Creator molded new people from clay at Tiahuanacu. On each figure, the Creator painted dress and hair style, and he gave each nation distinctive language, songs, and seeds to plant. When he had brought them to life, he ordered them into the earth to travel underground and emerge from caves, springs, tree trunks, etc. in their various homes. He then created the sun, moon, and stars. [Bierhorst, 1988, pp. 200,202; Gaster, p. 127; Frazer, p. 271]

The creator god Viracocha made the earth and sky, and he created stone giants to live in it. After a while the giants became lazy and quarrelsome, and Viracocha decided to destroy them. Some he turned back to stone, and these stone statues still exist at Tiahuanaco and Pucara. He destroyed the rest with a great flood. When the flood subsided, it left the lakes Titicaca and Poopo, and it left seashells on the Altiplano at elevations of 3660 m. Viracocha saved two stone giants from the flood and with their help created people his own size. He reached down into Lake Titicaca and drew out the Sun and Moon to provide light so he could admire his new creation. In those days, the Moon was even brighter than the Sun, but the Sun grew jealous and threw ashes onto the Moon's face. [Gifford, p. 54]

A large, rich city once existed on the Altiplano. One day, a group of ragged Indians came and warned the proud inhabitants that the city would be destroyed by earthquake, flood, and fire. Most inhabitants just scoffed and eventually had the ragged people flogged and thrown out. Some of the city's priests, though, heeded the warning and went to live as hermits in a temple on a hill. Some time later, a red cloud appeared on the horizon. Soon it had grown and covered the area, and its red glow eerily lit the night. Suddenly, with a flash and a rumble, an earthquake destroyed many of the city's buildings, and a red rain poured down. Other earthquakes and more rain followed, and a flood soon covered the ruined city; this water is Lake Titicaca today. None of the city's inhabitants survived save the priests. The descendants of the prophets became the Callawayas, wise men of the valleys

Its quite amazing.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
i wonder what was the origin,the cause of this seemingly world wide flood or flood's?...a massive solar flare or flares that caused the glaciers from the last ice age to melt rapidly?...a magnetic pole shift?...did the captured comet we call venus pass close by and cause earth's axis to tilt?...did the massive gravity from the close approach of the comet venus pull upon and flood earth's ocean's across the coastline's of the continent's?...

velikovsky's comet venus theory > www.thunderbolts.info...

edit on 24-9-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder

Yes lots of cultures have at one time or another experience a flood-nature happens. However geological and other evidence shows there was no 'biblical' flood.

did the massive gravity from the close approach of the comet venus pull upon and flood earth's ocean's across the coastline's of the continent's?...

Nope, no evidence of that and massive evidence that Venus hasn't been bouncing around the solar system recently - after jumping out of a gas giant..........
edit on 24/9/11 by Hanslune because: Added comment on Velikovsky

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Yes lots of cultures have at one time or another experience a flood-nature happens. However geological and other evidence shows there was no 'biblical' flood.

Stupid statement. You seem to want to dismiss any evidence that coincides with biblical or Sumerian events. No one mentioned the bible. Flood stories exist around the world on every continent and in most religions. Fact.

Some people are born for this others arent.
edit on 25-9-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
all or most of the stories in the bible were hijacked and stolen from the sumerian's and babylonian's > en.wikipedia.org...

10 christ-like figures who pre-date jesus! > listverse.com...
edit on 25-9-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Stupid statement. You seem to want to dismiss any evidence that coincides with biblical or Sumerian events. No one mentioned the bible. Flood stories exist around the world on every continent and in most religions. Fact.

Stupid statement - right back at ya. Your link is to talk origins, which was created as a resource to combat creationism.

I was dismissing the typical association of lots of floods with the 'biblical one'. Not dismissing floods.

Perhaps for clarity you should restate what you are trying to show?

So why are you here? LOL

Oh by the way you didn't answer a question on your belief in 'control of information'

What happens when a king is killed off - where does the information go? Is the same information given to a ruler of the Incan empire as is given to the Chinese Emperor versus a Polynesian chieftain?

...I would add - how do you know this?
edit on 25/9/11 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

all or most of the stories in the bible were hijacked and stolen from the sumerian's and babylonian's > en.wikipedia.org...

10 christ-like figures who pre-date jesus! > listverse.com...

Well done blocula you got one right

All religion 'evolves' they tend to suck in other religious ideas and concepts as they grow older and of course are often based on previous renderings.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

What do we make our advanced tech out of today? Plastics, soft metals and such. Allwhich would last under 100 years in the elements.

So are you saying that all smart people will die off.

I am pretty sure I can generate some electricity with my little bit of knowledge.............Steel is mined and can be smelted and reforeged.....All you need to know is where to get the resources from......

I know some hillbilly's that are pretty smart.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01

What do we make our advanced tech out of today? Plastics, soft metals and such. Allwhich would last under 100 years in the elements.

I am pretty sure I can generate some electricity with my little bit of knowledge.............Steel is mined and can be smelted and reforeged.....All you need to know is where to get the resources from......

the unimaginable shock and trauma of suddenly being thrust back into a stoneage state of living.would render our present technologies as things of the past...memories...all that would matter is food,water and shelter...cell phones,cars, tv's,ect,ect would wither and fade away, to become the temporary illusions that they always were and slowy but surely they would turn into myths and legends...

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

suddenly being thrust back into a stoneage state of living.would render our present technologies as things of the past...memories...all that would matter is food,water and shelter...cell phones,cars, tv's,ect,ect would wither and fade away, to become the temporary illusions that they always were and slowy but surely they would turn into myths and legends...

Good point and even more so with this generation. Everybody is on their cell phones, texting, talking. I hire some people sometimse and some of them dont even know how to swing a hammer, physically useless. They go into panic mode when things arent like a tv sitcom. They get a flat tire and cry, call police, tow truck even so much as to freeze to death because the have no idea about anything.

If the Sht hits the fan I will tell you there will be too many retards running around. Crying, Yelling Feed me, Help me!, do something for me! All the suits in the world who are enjoying their temporary joys of material will become the most useless. Politicians would even be worth the fat/fuel extracted from them.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01

the unimaginable shock and trauma of suddenly being thrust back into a stoneage state of living.would render our present technologies as things of the past...memories...all that would matter is food,water and shelter...cell phones,cars, tv's,ect,ect would wither and fade away, to become the temporary illusions that they always were and slowy but surely they would turn into myths and legends...

There are still people on earth who do know how to live on the land and they also have the ability to read a book, books can survive remarkable well for decades 'out in the field'. City dwellers would die of easily however those tribal groups that have lasted until now would do just fine, as would villagers who are basically self-sufficient - you are thinking of the world as one giant 'modern western world' the third world is still there and doing fine.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I don't like the timeline in all this. We humans are about 200k years old.... older than that and we are more ape like. 50k to 20k to really be more modern humans. So with that said, for everything to be gone I would say millions of years and maybe 100s of millions of years to wipe the slate clean so to speak. This would not put us in any advance state in the past without proof all around us, so if there was a more advance race here on earth they were not humans sorry to say.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
I don't like the timeline in all this. We humans are about 200k years old.... older than that and we are more ape like. 50k to 20k to really be more modern humans. So with that said, for everything to be gone I would say millions of years and maybe 100s of millions of years to wipe the slate clean so to speak. This would not put us in any advance state in the past without proof all around us, so if there was a more advance race here on earth they were not humans sorry to say.

In another thread, long and far behind us we looked at this and decided the same thing.

IF another civilization (using the classic criteria) did exist in the near term it either was non-human (unlikely) and / or very small human one and we have somehow missed them. Or if may have been so long ago or the beings didn't modify the earth enough to leave a trace - we either cannot recognize the traces or they have been destroyed.

As with all such endeavours we are left with the need for more data. The problem is finding civilizations for which no data exists will not garner much research or money, any findings will be 'eureka' moment from associated research or the classic,'....hmmmm that's funnny...'

Until then we are left merely with speculation - or fantasy if you're in to that.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
The building of New Manhattan will generate many jobs and bring manufacturing to the city again.

Funny, there will be tribes in brazil who would not know anything of the modern world and that it has destroyed itself with nuclear wars. They will live on like nothing ever happened, peacefully, quietly and ecologically..

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

What gave the kings of old power was knowledge.

Patently absurd.

What gave the "kings of old" power was riches, might and ruthlessness.

"The kings of old" were ignorant bastards. They had no "knowledge" whatsoever.

Harte

Neither do you judging by your last ignorant statement......

Actually the most ignorant thing I heard this week.
edit on 23-9-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

Had to add....

Really|? Are you really serious about that last stupid statement? If so you have lost what ever credibility you thought you had in this "Ancients" forum. Hard to get past that considering in your mind you think you are knowledgeable in this field.
edit on 23-9-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

Okay, hotshot, please provide evidence that "the kings of old" had some sort of knowledge over their subjects.

Harte

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Okay, hotshot, please provide evidence that "the kings of old" had some sort of knowledge over their subjects.

Harte

I'd be interested in knowing that too. Its' odd isn't it that kings rose and fell all over the world with dazzling regularity. One would think that this 'knowledge' would allow their dynasties to be stable. Aside from the Japanese Emperor who is 125th in line (despite being under the control of the shoguns, or their shikken regents for hundreds of years), few other 'kings' have survived for very long - I wonder what this knowledge was that was so, well, worthless?

I'd speculate it was:

A document detailing that the pyramids were built in 10,550 BC by Atlanteans written in a language they couldn't read
A copy of the Piri Reis map on an alien memory disk
A good crab salad recipe

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
i've never had an "easy life'.i "know" first hand what it means to hit "rock bottom" and i also know how the ignorant masses of sheeple treat you when you are there.they ignore you.because it's easier to deny the fact and lie to themselves about how they,very easily, could be there,with nothing.no more materialism to hide behind.

i have lived for many years without just pushing buttons to get what i want,without computers,cell phones and video games.i was alive when people actually needed eachother to survive.i've swung a sledge hammer,dug holes and worked with steel.i know what reality is and i also realize that todays society is drowning in a world of illusions and they are temporary illusions.the way the world is now,how society lives,will not go on forever and when "the next" cataclysm strikes,most people will collapse emotionally and physically.they will be shell shocked wrecks without a clue what to do...not me...
edit on 26-9-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Harte

Wow you are on a roll with ignorant comments. Im not even going to touch it because it just a poor question... Hit the books kid.

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join