It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those We Call Cavemen Were All That Remained Of Humanity After The Last Time We Destroyed Ourselves

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
IF those where 'intellegent' beings, why are there bones, skulls, etc different then we are now? Why are they not the same?

I mean they where 'extinct' so they could not evolve anymore right? So why are we so different from them?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Over react much?

Compare any decade in history and you will find that there was a lot more blood shed, war and genoside as you put it, than now. The world is getting more peaceful, people are coming together. If you think you are hard done by now, you would not have survived a day in 1861, 1914, 1945, 1955, 1991 etc etc.

And if you believe that we could have evolved technologically to the level we are at now and then destroy ourselves and there be no proof whatsoever, no ruins, no buried relics nothing, then Im sorry but you need educating. If we are digging up evidence of dinosaurs, how on earth do you think we wouldnt have found evidence of an advanced civilisation that destroyed itself a few thousand years ago.

Think about your beliefs logically before blinding posting something you have seen on youtube. It only takes a bit of common sense and you can debunk 90% of what you said you believe.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
there are ruins and artifacts that cant positively be dated into what is the human timeline of the planet,this was the point i was making about these things being miss dated to fit or to be supressed totally,stonehenge,carnac and even the large pyramid at gisa have all been miss dated on purpose,i have also mentioned in previous posts the work of michael cremo and his artifacts that are dated under volcanic lava thats 500 million years old!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75

Originally posted by blocula
hi...we havent forgotten the wheel,i see them rolling around all over the place.i think the myans didnt even have a wheel, but look at what they were able to do without one.we slowly re-learned certain things,after the initial shock of a devastated world started to sink in.

*Facepalm*..........ugh......I never said that we have forgotten the wheel to this day........*sigh*.......Hmmm why are you not getting this.....OK let me try again. Yes, you are right...many ancient people didnt have the wheel. That's because it hadn't been INVENTED yet! We have plenty of archaeological evidence of no wheels from every continent on the planet. (other than uninhabitable places like Antarctica I imagine)......but then suddenly...at a specific time in history someone invented it, and then over time nearly everyone had it........OK, let me explain this....assuming that there was an ancient culture more advanced than what we know today (or lets say they were only just as advanced....) then even if there was some huge cataclysm.....people would have to survive. They would apply basic technology assuming their advanced ones did not work....so why would they somehow just forget something like the wheel, only to have it be reinvented many years later....the evidence for this is everywhere...its not just a small local area that they dug up and said "hey there's no wheels here till we get to this layer....that must mean that mankind invented it then".....it's like that EVERYWHERE they dig!

So to put it simply....there is no way an advanced culture could be brought down completely AND have them collectively forget things like wheels, and levers and pulleys and fire, etc. etc. etc.
i guess your not fully realizing the totally devastating effects of all out nuclear war inducing or coinciding with a nuclear winter and ice age.an ice age that had mile high and more thick sheets of ice! then throw in axis tilt,pole shift and mega tsunamis. at least 90% of civilization would be crushed and washed away forever...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows
Wow so much mystery! So much intrigue! so much underestimating the ability of our less technologically advanced ancesters. That stone work is so fine those people must have been more advanced than us! The Mayans were advanced but didn't have the wheel! Blah blah.

Oh my God. Talk about lack of research.

1. The Myans did know the wheel they just never utilised it. In fact the only mystery regarding the wheel and the Mayans is why they put wheels on the base of toys but never made a cart. They were not as advanced as us.

The Celts soldered gold and silver so well and in such a style that it can't be replicated today. The celts are part of modern history by the way and alot is known about them.. They were not as advanced as us.

Galleons were build by people who are well known in our history and how those galleons were designed is well known. What isn't known today is how they actually were able to do it with their level of technology. They were not as advanced as us.

None of the above were as advanced as we are it's just that some knowledge regarding their techniques has been lost. Just because there's really cool stone work or a fantastic road or or some really big structure from thousands of years ago doesn't mean there was some really advanced race of people. They were ancient people who were really good at what they did with what they had.

Have some faith in your ancesters people you're letting them down!
edit on 23-8-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

i'll say it again...the sumerians,babylonians,egyptians,greeks,romans ect,ect are the civilizations that slowly arose "after" the great destruction,not during it or before it and the great pyramids at giza were already there "long" before the egyptians arose and started "taking care of them" and claimed them as there own...tptb expect us to believe that humans have only been advanced enough to farm and write and do math for the last 5 to 10 thousand years! when the earth is 4 billion years old...come on...wake up...i cant think of anything thats more important then what we're discussing and trying to figure out here..."the truth, about who we really are, where we really came from and why we're here"...
edit on 23-8-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
You can say it again all you want. It doesn't take away from the fact that our ancesters had a greater ability of mind than the wishful thinkers of today dreaming of a long gone technology surpassing our own.

Also cave paintings in Europe from 30,000 years ago show depictions of patterns and huts done in groupes of 3's 5's and such. That implies a knowledge of maths. so even a hunter gatherer could count.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
heres another link with "29 other links" within that show evidence of lost civilizations,pay close attention to the artifacts links..."all we do,crumbles to the ground though we refuse to see" www.nwcreation.net...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
In addition to all of this, I rattled off a few pages back*, you could take 'Cavemen' a step further...

And, just call them what they are... the 'Savage Native Americans' of this (U.S.) continent, or the 'Marauding Hordes' in Europe or the 'Ruthless Barbarians' of Asia & the Middle East - or whatever, but you get my point.

After all... when the 'Sh:t goes down', all of the groups above, are what is left of the 'militia groups' and '2012 home purchasers' and 'off the grid' communities had to became in order to survive.

Those 'civilized' groups will survive for awhile... until one of those bands of heathens overtakes their camps and assumes control. You see, in order to survive, with out all the 'creature comforts' ((food stores, technology, medicine, sciences...) that the elite are putting away for that 'rainy day')), you have to learn to kick a little ass.

In order to survive, in the quickly DE-volved world [more on that, below], one must become:
- Ruthless
- Calculating
- Tough
- Somewhat Nomadic (migrate with the climate - not like now, where we're stuck in 'cities' that hold us down and we wonder why the seasons have become so jacked, when it's totally natural!)
- and have a Survival of the fittest attitude.

Then, soon, plan to be taken over, yet, once again, by the 'Elite' once they see the coast is clear to come on out and start THEIR civilization, again. (Sumeria, anyone?)

So simple, really.

edit on 8/23/2011 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
In order for our ancesters to have reached the level of technology which is being stated here they would have reached a level of mining that we have reached which means that natural resources wouldn't have been there for us to use in the first place.

If all fell apart tomorrow the human race would never again reach this level of technology because they wouldn't be able to mine the resources to do it they just wouldn't be there and what would be left would be to hard to get at as they were starting again so if there had of been a previously technologically advanced society in the past they would have mined before us and left us with zip. The natural resources were pretty much untouched up to a couple of hundred years ago because no one had used it on such a scale prior to us. It takes millions and millions of years for those resources to get there in the first place and it would takes millions and millions of years to replace.

Sorry I just can't believe we're not the first technologically advanced society on the planet. We are the first.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

Well, then explain the Great Pyramid - I'm not an 'Aliens did it' guy (anymore). But, I can tell you that THIS 'iteration' of human was not capable of doing it. All the proof I need.

(With all due respect to Slayer, who did an excellent pyramid thread, but was completely wrong
)

Over 99% of all technological advancements have occurred in less then 1% of our existence on this planet - less than a mere 200 years ago, we had only 'evolved' roughly a tiny percentage of where we've come, now. That is to say, we were much, much closer to our 'caveman ancestors' (or, survivors of the last cataclysm) - IN TERMS OF TECHNOLOGY - a mere 200 years ago, than we are, today - so, why would this notion seem 'farfetched' to anyone, is beyond me.

And, really...

It would not take very long for our civilization to de-volve, under the right circumstances - think about it.

I'll give you a (very real, somewhat imminent) scenario: Nuclear pollution - either, by detonation due to war, terrorism, or due to power grid going down (power plant meltdowns) - take your pick here, it's all bad (and, all possible). We're talking annihilation, and isolation. On a large scale. For a very long time - think what it means to live without electricity for a moment (assuming, you've survived the nuclear poisoning) - forget about the Internet, and air conditioning, for a moment, I mean... REALLY... think of a life without electricity... and a broken infrastructure... and, a 'mad max' mentality of tribal survival....

Now, we've got all these people who collectively have knowledge of awesome things like television, and automobiles, and refrigerators, and... Things that fly in the sky(!)... but so what - with everything in shambles, and no way to manufacture replacements... Eventually, knowledge is lost. And, until knowledge can be 1) re-invented (or, 'discovered'), and 2) disseminated amongst the masses, the awesome and daunting task of becoming a civilization must begin, yet again...

*sigh*

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
We evolve after every cataclysmic near extinction event.
edit on 063131p://bTuesday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Guys you might want to research habitation levels in archaeological sites. It's very hard to 'hide' large populations of people.

First technology civilization, yep score one for the us the monkey boys. If there was another one it wasn't human and it was a very long time ago or was very, very small and very unlucky.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Not when the remnants are...
- purposefully removed or diposed of...?
- covered up [annihilated, that is] by molten rock, which is sure to be present, eventually
- hidden under our vast oceans (and, we are continually finding new (older) things there)
- still undiscovered in any of thousands of locations on land, around the world.

And, then, your options, as well.

Possible. Probable. Likely.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz
reply to post by steveknows

Well, then explain the Great Pyramid - I'm not an 'Aliens did it' guy (anymore). But, I can tell you that THIS 'iteration' of human was not capable of doing it. All the proof I need.

(With all due respect to Slayer, who did an excellent pyramid thread, but was completely wrong
)

Over 99% of all technological advancements have occurred in less then 1% of our existence on this planet - less than a mere 200 years ago, we had only 'evolved' roughly a tiny percentage of where we've come, now. That is to say, we were much, much closer to our 'caveman ancestors' (or, survivors of the last cataclysm) a mere 200 years ago, than we are, today - so, why would this notion seem 'farfetched' to anyone, is beyond me.

And, really...

It would not take very long for our civilization to de-volve, under the right circumstances - think about it.

I'll give you a (very real, somewhat imminent) scenario: Nuclear pollution - either, by detonation due to war, terrorism, or due to power grid going down (power plant meltdowns) - take your pick here, it's all bad (and, all possible). We're talking annihilation, and isolation. On a large scale. For a very long time - think what it means to live without electricity for a moment (assuming, you've survived the nuclear poisoning) - forget about the Internet, and air conditioning, for a moment, I mean... REALLY... think of a life without electricity... and a broken infrastructure... and, a 'mad max' mentality of tribal survival....

Now, we've got all these people who collectively have knowledge of awesome things like television, and automobiles, and refrigerators, and... Things that fly in the sky(!)... but so what - with everything in shambles, and no way to manufacture replacements... Eventually, knowledge is lost. And, until knowledge can be 1) re-invented (or, 'discovered'), and 2) disseminated amongst the masses, the awesome and daunting task of becoming a civilization must begin, yet again...

*sigh*

edit on 8/23/2011 by SquirrelNutz because: some txt is reposts that flowed better here, than earlier

It's well known how the Pyramids were built, Digs around the base show the remains of ramps. Big slabs were pulled up the oiled ramps by thousands of labourers. Those slabs were first floated down the Nile and there's actually slabs in the Nile river still, slabs that didn't make it due to some misshap on the journey It was alsoall done with manpower rarely seen and that is due to the society of the time. Egyptians were farmers in summer and pyramid builders in winter, Also Pharaoh was God and when God wanted it done you did it.

Also the human race seems to make a leap about every 40,000 years. We went from a basic hunter gatherer with basic tools and a hand axe which hadn't changed in about 40,000 years. Then suddenly there's hunter gatherers who can paint great works of art and have a very refined and varied set of tools at thier disposal. It appears that what we are is the start of another leap keeping in mind that the hunter gatherer who refined the tools and painted the art is us so there's a new form or evolution of human about to kick off.

You might find this interesting and I'll try to post a link but I read a book a few years ago about a young french Anthropologists who showed that we evolved from neanderthal. In fact what she can show is so strong that the old french Anthropologists, the ones who have been doing it for 60 years and written a load of books won't listen to her because if she's right their books have to come off the shelf, She says that the skulls of man show a mutation which conicides with the great leaps. Our skull changes shape and we become smarter and it happens in a very short period as in one day two neanderthals had a baby which might have looked a bit deformed and that baby was rare and looked a bit of a cross between neanderthal and us but then more and more were born and then there was us.

Get this. This Anthropologists is getting support from the dental field. About 500 years ago it was noted that there was an increase in the recession of the lower jaw in children and it was still rare but today most of the population of the world has it. With the lower jaw moving back the forhead is becoming larger( like what would have happened with neanderthal to us) and it fits the time frame for another great leap in the last 200 hundred years. We are the start of that new great leap but it's far from complete.

So in a nutshell, neanderthal being homosapien, Then us being homo sapien sapien. Now what is starting is, I don't know, homo sapien sapien ipodien blue rayion haha.

I can't find a link for what I'm talking about but I'll keep looking it will be there.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

- covered up [annihilated, that is] by molten rock, which is sure to be present, eventually
- hidden under our vast oceans (and, we are continually finding new (older) things there)
- still undiscovered in any of thousands of locations on land, around the world.

Er why would at the end of a civilization would they hide their own destruction?? Who would do that?

Most of the earth is not covered by recent lava flows - which are easy to date

Entire Continents don't sink, at the present none are missing, LOL certain areas subside but they are known, civilization that might have been on a coastline and destroyed by tsunami or raising waters would still have left remnants in the land behind them. No civilzation is known that stayed only on the coastal plains within a few hundred meters of the coast.

Stone tools and pottery are easily spotted, they haven't been

You might want to consider that we can find fossils and remnants of mankind and animals over most areas AFAIK there are no areas where everything has been swept away, except in very limited geographical areas.

In another thread I looked up the amount continental crust that is left over from the first emergence of life, 3.4 billion years ago- its about 7%, So the rate of destruction (subduction) of continents is about 1% per 50 million years - don't have % of how often continents are covered with lava.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Er why would at the end of a civilization would they hide their own destruction?? Who would do that?

Most of the earth is not covered by recent lava flows - which are easy to date

Entire Continents don't sink, at the present none are missing, LOL certain areas subside but they are known, civilization that might have been on a coastline and destroyed by tsunami or raising waters would still have left remnants in the land behind them. No civilzation is known that stayed only on the coastal plains within a few hundred meters of the coast.

Stone tools and pottery are easily spotted, they haven't been

You might want to consider that we can find fossils and remnants of mankind and animals over most areas AFAIK there are no areas where everything has been swept away, except in very limited geographical areas.

In another thread I looked up the amount continental crust that is left over from the first emergence of life, 3.4 billion years ago- its about 7%, So the rate of destruction (subduction) of continents is about 1% per 50 million years - don't have % of how often continents are covered with lava.

one 200ft high tsunami in about 30 seconds to a minute, would crush and smash new york city and hurdle it back into the 1600s way of life for those thay may survive. if the earths axis tilted,and it did a long time ago, this type of event would send waves of this size and larger all over the world at the same time annihilating most of everything and everyone on earth very quickly

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows
In order for our ancesters to have reached the level of technology which is being stated here they would have reached a level of mining that we have reached which means that natural resources wouldn't have been there for us to use in the first place.

If all fell apart tomorrow the human race would never again reach this level of technology because they wouldn't be able to mine the resources to do it they just wouldn't be there and what would be left would be to hard to get at as they were starting again so if there had of been a previously technologically advanced society in the past they would have mined before us and left us with zip. The natural resources were pretty much untouched up to a couple of hundred years ago because no one had used it on such a scale prior to us. It takes millions and millions of years for those resources to get there in the first place and it would takes millions and millions of years to replace.

Sorry I just can't believe we're not the first technologically advanced society on the planet. We are the first.
when i say "a long time ago" i'm talking about a civilization that existed perhaps fifty or one hundred thousand years ago...and maybe their society was very different than ours...we are so posessed by materialism thats its hard for us to think of living any other way,they may have had no need for oil or gas or metal...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
our general Idea of "caveman" is of a " barely capable of thinking past eat and sleep."
How is it that the powers that be at the time would say" it is time to wipe out this civilization"

that does not make any sense..
today in a community that can fully recognize right and wrong, yes I could under stand that thought process.
but a caveman.. no

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
our general Idea of "caveman" is of a " barely capable of thinking past eat and sleep."
How is it that the powers that be at the time would say" it is time to wipe out this civilization"

that does not make any sense..
today in a community that can fully recognize right and wrong, yes I could under stand that thought process.
but a caveman.. no
i used the word caveman because its a more direct word...prehistoric man is a better term, with his flint spear,animal fur clothes and long hair,hunting wooly mammoths near mountains of ice...if we ever hurdle ourselves backwards in the wake of all out nuclear war,which perhaps brings on a "nuclear winter" that quickens the process of another ice age occuring. the survivors would be thrust into a very similar stoneage state and this scenario would be unimaginably horrible and we've most likely done it to ourselves before, long ago in the distant past...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Howdy

one 200ft high tsunami in about 30 seconds to a minute, would crush and smash new york city and hurdle it back into the 1600s way of life for those thay may survive. if the earths axis tilted,and it did a long time ago, this type of event would send waves of this size and larger all over the world at the same time annihilating most of everything and everyone on earth very quickly

Yes and it would leave a massive amount of wreckage inland that would become part of the archaeological record - a lot of things would not be washed away too, most of the subterrian modification, subways, piping even the cutting away of the bedrock on which Manhattan sits would show an intelligence at work.

Waves move stuff around and reduce it to rubble they don't 'dissolve it' - ancient tsunamis can be traced by the line of damage they leave inshore

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join