It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those We Call Cavemen Were All That Remained Of Humanity After The Last Time We Destroyed Ourselves

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

Originally posted by weknowall
reply to post by Wolfenz

Look, Thats the problem with this world, NOW, is that we as a people look at technilogically advanced as having spaceships and lasers. However, a world can be intelectually advanced as well, without the MATERIAL items that we so strive for as a society. Pretty pathetic when you think about it. I think that's how you explain all these monuments, pyramids, archeology items found that are unexplainable. We think they could not have possibly carved that stone or lifted it, they could not have lit there pyramids with "light bulbs", they could not have built a clock like computer a 1000 years before us, you see the attitude towards anything we can't explain?

Also, if there was a world wide catastrophic event, basically an ELE - like a brown dwarf rotating around the sun and scraping by us every 3600 yrs and flipping our poles 90 degrees. These type of events would MOST definitely get rid of 95% of any evidence of a previous society. AND anyone that survives may not wish to save anything, or almost nothing from the previous regime or lifestyle. Ya know? so therefore over the years they don't save books, writings, buildings, etc. Also, who said it had to be a HUMAN society here. The planet is 2/3 water. Why not an intelligent race of the seas? Dolphins? Or, we've proven that dinosaurs existed, how do we know they did not wipe themselves out and not an asteroid as we've been told?? I mean, so many possibilities right?

Cmon people, the time is coming, start to awaken and open your eyes. PLEASE.

thanx for your comment... bi-pedal reptilians and insectoid aliens are seen onboard the ufos a lot and maybe they evolved on earth long before we arrived on the scene...i think they did and are the real dominant species on earth,we just think we are

There you have it ! if we are claimed to be descendant of Apes ! So why not a Fully Bipedal highly Intelligent warm blooded descendant of a Dinosaur Say like a Velociraptor! or similar to it Theres One Catch to that theirs NO Evidence of a Velociraptor creating or building crafting nor painting ! anything (( Tho Ive seen an Elephant paint a Elephant !! no lie ! )

ORIGINAL Elephant Painting
www.youtube.com...

Elephant Painting Self Portrait
www.youtube.com...

and NO im Not taking about the Jurassic Park Velociraptor either Not the 6 foot long Just 3 foot tall ones but through Out Our History around this World ! Old World & New World ! we here stories that are either Mythical & Biblical of a Talking Snakes (Adam Eve Story) Rulers Leaders ! that have scaly Skin or Feathered or Winged (Quetzalcoatl) , Or Tailed or Winged Reptilian Looking Demons ( In the Abraham Religious Society Those 3 branches ) Or sometimes as Gods in the Native Primitive Cultures Whty are these in Our Mythology and Bible and Legends?

Just Saying ! LOL tho there no such Proof ! or anything Fossilized just as there is not much proof of Our transformation to Modern Man ! Missing Link as we just have Homo Erectus to Neanderthals to Homo Sapiens of such a big change ! and Nothing!!! In Between those 3 Found! ? Before Homo Erectus is Considered Hominid ( more Ape primate like )

Early Man Sull Series !

Evolutionary Skull sequence

Early Man
www.detectingdesign.com...
Velociraptor
en.wikipedia.org...

If Man has to RESTART ! Is there Something to re teach us ! Boost US ! and Type 2,3 Civilization to Help Us or is it just Back to the Stone Age! from Scratch

From Bone to Satellite Scene - 2001: A Space Odyssey Movie (1968) - HD

2001: bone to spaceship

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
one of the greatest cuts in film history....the other one is peter otoole blowing out the match,then cutting to the desert sunrise in, lawrence of arabia...

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Like you're thread OP!

A post I made earlier today talks quite a bit about this particular subject (ancient lost advanced civilization) linking one of the sites you mentioned earlier, World Mysteries. An excellent resource for anyone interested in the other-than-"normal" possibilities presented by our clouded past.

Some interesting posts at that site include:

Perfect fitting, vitrified and moulded rocks

Many rocks have a strange look in Cusco and surroundings. As if they once were soft and have been moulded to give them form. They have a finish that gives them a look as a mirror, with a strong reflection, a shine, sometimes like metal or glass. Omnipresent in all vestiges, but only seen in two of the three construction styles. In the latest construction style, according to Alfredo Gamarra belonging to the Inca's, no vitrification is observed, but only stones treated with hammer and chisel, giving as a result walls in which the stones do not fit perfectly.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c3b27caa8a84.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8c2953ebf4cd.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/678dab72d436.jpg[/atsimg]

Ollantaytambo

Ollantaytambo is an excellent site in the Sacred Valley of the Incas, here all kinds of vitrified and moulded stones can be observed.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eef32ab4ff8e.jpg[/atsimg]

The Moon Temple
The moontemple is located in the Sacsayhuaman archaeological parque. Very strange structures can be found here, including some caves, a type of altar, and heavily shining surfaces (vitrified rock) and pieces of the rock that look like they cut big parts out of the mountain as if it was a giant cheese. A snake form in the rock can be found too.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a972d898459f.jpg[/atsimg]

Loreto street

Loreto street is a small street leaving from the Plaza de Armas, the central square in the centre of Cusco. It should be a tipical example of Inca masonry if orthodox archaeology is to be believed. But a closer analisis can show how much difference there is between the walls on both sides of the streets. On one side the wall is the style of the Inca's according to Alfredo Gamara's definition; there are no perfect fits and the stones were treated with hammer and chisel. The other side shows us a wall with perfect fitting stoneblocks and moulded and vitrified stones. This can be observed by day, and by night with the help of the street lights.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0a80ae35162b.jpg[/atsimg]

As I mentioned in the post I linked at the beginning of this post. I do not think it likely that people with very little communications skills and tools made from rocks and sticks would be capable of this type of stone working. We'd be hard pressed to construct similar sites with our current level of technology.

Eyes not trammeled by blinders see ever so much more as does a mind open enough to realize that we may not know the whole truth of our planet.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
thanx for the excellent information and photos...i bet the pyramids at giza that everyone is led to believe are around 3 or 4 thousand years old are actually 10 or 20 thousand years old or more

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
www.world-mysteries.com... some of these huge stone blocks and ruins look like they were violently thrown around by tidal waves or powerful explosions...i dont think that an earthquake could account for the way that some of these massive carved blocks are dispersed,piled up and broken,especially the ones at puma punku!
edit on 18-8-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

i'm not totally antagonistic to the Idea of Mankind having reached heights that are unknown to us now, and then falling back into primitive states again..(though I'm not sure there is convincing evidence this all happened....but as I say I'm not opposed to the possibility)

..but if you will allow me to be a Devil's Advocate for a moment....I can understand losing the understanding of things like Electricity, or the more advanced Sciences....but what about things like Fire, or the Wheel...or even Agriculture? even people surviving some great cataclysm would still have rudimentary knowledge of such basic survival 'technology' as these....such knowledge might mean the difference between life and death, and they are too valuable to simply become forgotten..Why then is their convincing evidence that these things were not always part of human history?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

Talk about unexplained Molding and Stone Softening !

Especially at the Sites at Tiahuanaco & Puma Punku

Ive Mention the SAME thing about Stone Softening in some way & Molding! it so Obvious!!!

Either it was made buy Some Advance civilization !!! In the Ancient Past! or
Beings from Outer Space! Dimension Spirit World ETC... Within Our Beyond the Outer Limits! Either Way

Tho there is NO Written Language of the INCAs! None Zilch!! Nada ! yet People Claim they made them!
Tho there may be ! from the KNots Quipu !

Most of the information recorded on the quipus consists of numbers in a decimal system.

Quipu
en.wikipedia.org...

Yet Some Legends say the Spaniard Invader , Raider & Mass Killer I Mean Conquistador Hernán Cortés was told by his interpreter when asked who built these Buildings The Incas said in Reply
Their People Did not Build Them ! They Been here Long before we came Here !

See this if you haven't already!

See the Molds!! To me it seem unlikely to be chiseled

Here is My discussion ! about the Molds & stone Softening !

Tiahuanaco, Puma Punku the real mystery..., page 12
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And Others Say Where is the Evidence of the Tools Machines that did these! !!That made Those
Crafted Stones! Lego Like Stone ( H blocks) or Softening Stone put into a Mold !

My Response IS!!

How Many Times Have you seen a Construction Contractor! Leave Their Machines or Advanced Tools ! After the Job Has Been Finished! just maybe Left Over parts or Spare Parts for the Customer/Owner of the Building or Site ! I haven't Seen a Contractor Leave a Crane to a Machine Press after the project was finished
at the Job site & Just Abandoned Their Construction Equipment!! ! Have you ?
edit on 19-8-2011 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)
edit on 19-8-2011 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

There are accounts of how King Solomon was able to 'bind' (enslave) the Jinn - and subsequently force them to build his temple cutting and quarrying stones.

These would be the perfect beings to manipulate stone in this way - inorganic elemental beings that can interface with the physical world for limited periods.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75
reply to post by blocula

i'm not totally antagonistic to the Idea of Mankind having reached heights that are unknown to us now, and then falling back into primitive states again..(though I'm not sure there is convincing evidence this all happened....but as I say I'm not opposed to the possibility)

..but if you will allow me to be a Devil's Advocate for a moment....I can understand losing the understanding of things like Electricity, or the more advanced Sciences....but what about things like Fire, or the Wheel...or even Agriculture? even people surviving some great cataclysm would still have rudimentary knowledge of such basic survival 'technology' as these....such knowledge might mean the difference between life and death, and they are too valuable to simply become forgotten..Why then is their convincing evidence that these things were not always part of human history?
they may have been the remnants of a civilization that was not paper/metal/plastic based and whatever "things" they had before ,would very quickly become a meaningless memory as they struggled for food,shelter and clothing,wandering around in shock across a wasetland of wild animals,snow and ice...many generations would pass before they were even halfway stable again...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

There are accounts of how King Solomon was able to 'bind' (enslave) the Jinn - and subsequently force them to build his temple cutting and quarrying stones.

These would be the perfect beings to manipulate stone in this way - inorganic elemental beings that can interface with the physical world for limited periods.
i think these massive structures were built a long,long time ago,most likely before the last ice age.and it was a "nuclear winter" that caused the ice age or speeded up its process. that resulted in wooly mammoths,wooly rhinos,sabre toothed tigers. there were groups of human survivors,who were exposed to high doses of radiation so that for many generations their children were born mutated into what we call neanderthals with "cave man traits", larger skulls and ape like gait, physically stronger, jutting jaw, deeper eye sockets and prominent brow, adorning animal fur clothes and making flint tipped spears and ever so slowly picked themselves up again and through time their mutated traits were erased or were they cured by aliens who then mated with the"modern looking" human females whos offspring were " the giants of old " that were destroyed in the world wide flood ]........[ maybe these beings that solomon conjured were demons or some other type of life force from the fourth dimension and were able to manipulate our material world! ...but would they do it for nothing? what did they get in return? i think that sacrificed human "souls" were their payment[
edit on 19-8-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike
Sorry, but I cannot buy it. Any truly advanced civilization will leave fingerprints on the land that will unmistakable. Although buildings facades may crumble, stone masonry work, foundations, metal implements, radioactive, and synthetics will survive in some recognizable matter for 10,000’s of years.

Okay, first who says the advanced civilizations of the past would look anything like ours ? Plastic really? I'm sure any truly advanced civilization knows plastic is the enemy. Even we are starting to phase out the use of plastic, and replacing it with a biodegradable substance. Who's to say they were smart enough to never use such a substance. As far as a definitive foot print goes, there is plenty of evidence of large advanced settlements and only the Rock/stone/metal remains of these civilizations and we can only guess to their true age. What of ours would be left after thousands of years ? Even plastic Breaks down over time, radiation dissipates. How ever on that note, what about the Archeological sights that ARE Radioactive. There are more than a couple ancient sights that are Radioactive today. Could this be the remains of an Ancient Nuclear Catastrophe ? War ? The melt down of a Nuclear reactor of sorts from a civilizations long ago that we can only assume was less advanced than our own. It really bothers me that because we don't know what happened we must assume superiority. Even, when accidents happen today we blame those that are involved in the accident itself even if they had no way to see it coming. Chernobyl, or as of late Fukushima ! We are so quick to say that those who built those facilities should have known this could happen, and get all high and mighty like we're so much better.
How can we make any sort of progress if when we com across something we immediately assume it belongs to a failed lesser society. How many of you would recognize a portion of a turbine from a jet if you came across a small 2inch piece of it in the middle of no where ? How about a portion of wire from the inside of an Alternator ? No ? Of course not, does that mean that it never came from such a device ? So who's to say small copper or brass pieces of metal found in a dig sight are what they are with out extensive research and an open mind. If you immediately say there is no such way, then we will never put the pieces together. Stop being so ignorant, you are the same #ing species as the man that walked the same earth thousands of years ago why is it so absurd that they could have been doing the exact same as we are right now at some point in our distant past.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by whathasitcome2

You may want to read up on those giant human skeletons. Snopes and National Geographic are claiming hoax.

Snopes

National Geographic

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I believe the very same thing OP.

I'd like to say "time will tell" however in this case, just the opposite is true. The more time that passes between a destroyed civilization and the next that rises up, the less likely the new civilization will be to understand the previous one.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

We have 6 right now that are melting down along with their cooling pools in Japan, we are close. Also I believe that 12,500 Nova could have happened. Because I can't believe that humans or disease killed off all the megafauna back around this time. If that was the case then the other animals would have been killed off and eaten by this time also.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jadedANDcynical
Like you're thread OP!

A post I made earlier today talks quite a bit about this particular subject (ancient lost advanced civilization) linking one of the sites you mentioned earlier, World Mysteries. An excellent resource for anyone interested in the other-than-"normal" possibilities presented by our clouded past.

Some interesting posts at that site include:

Perfect fitting, vitrified and moulded rocks

Many rocks have a strange look in Cusco and surroundings. As if they once were soft and have been moulded to give them form. They have a finish that gives them a look as a mirror, with a strong reflection, a shine, sometimes like metal or glass. Omnipresent in all vestiges, but only seen in two of the three construction styles. In the latest construction style, according to Alfredo Gamarra belonging to the Inca's, no vitrification is observed, but only stones treated with hammer and chisel, giving as a result walls in which the stones do not fit perfectly.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c3b27caa8a84.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8c2953ebf4cd.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/678dab72d436.jpg[/atsimg]

Ollantaytambo

Ollantaytambo is an excellent site in the Sacred Valley of the Incas, here all kinds of vitrified and moulded stones can be observed.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eef32ab4ff8e.jpg[/atsimg]

The Moon Temple
The moontemple is located in the Sacsayhuaman archaeological parque. Very strange structures can be found here, including some caves, a type of altar, and heavily shining surfaces (vitrified rock) and pieces of the rock that look like they cut big parts out of the mountain as if it was a giant cheese. A snake form in the rock can be found too.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a972d898459f.jpg[/atsimg]

Loreto street

Loreto street is a small street leaving from the Plaza de Armas, the central square in the centre of Cusco. It should be a tipical example of Inca masonry if orthodox archaeology is to be believed. But a closer analisis can show how much difference there is between the walls on both sides of the streets. On one side the wall is the style of the Inca's according to Alfredo Gamara's definition; there are no perfect fits and the stones were treated with hammer and chisel. The other side shows us a wall with perfect fitting stoneblocks and moulded and vitrified stones. This can be observed by day, and by night with the help of the street lights.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0a80ae35162b.jpg[/atsimg]

As I mentioned in the post I linked at the beginning of this post. I do not think it likely that people with very little communications skills and tools made from rocks and sticks would be capable of this type of stone working. We'd be hard pressed to construct similar sites with our current level of technology.

Eyes not trammeled by blinders see ever so much more as does a mind open enough to realize that we may not know the whole truth of our planet.

World Mystery along with Biblicapades is a very good site. I too have theorized that we are the children of the survivors of a time when a cataclysm (told as stories/allegories in the bible) happened that destroyed that world of wonder. When I see those melted rocks it tells me that they had a device or devices that helped to make it easy for them to essentially cut and melt at the same time (like carving an ice structure). In the Bibli site, they made comment about these melted glazed structures as if someone used some form of ion plasma to carve it (it was toward the end). I know sounds far fetched but our history has been altered as the op said and I agree to the point that big men and powerful people can feel in charge and/or to keep their ego massaged in saying my people did this or that. Just like the pyramids where the Pharohs essentially tagged with Heiroglyphs everything and anything around the area but in the Pyramids doesn't have any. I've always thought that tribes of men came to that region and saw this (remember they looked totally different long ago compared to know, the marble on the outside was white and you could see it from at least 20 miles out) and where afraid. Then as the years went by more individuals became emboldened with it and the other structures and devices lying around and decided it wasn't dangerous and made it theirs.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfenz

Originally posted by blocula

Originally posted by weknowall
reply to post by Wolfenz

Look, Thats the problem with this world, NOW, is that we as a people look at technilogically advanced as having spaceships and lasers. However, a world can be intelectually advanced as well, without the MATERIAL items that we so strive for as a society. Pretty pathetic when you think about it. I think that's how you explain all these monuments, pyramids, archeology items found that are unexplainable. We think they could not have possibly carved that stone or lifted it, they could not have lit there pyramids with "light bulbs", they could not have built a clock like computer a 1000 years before us, you see the attitude towards anything we can't explain?

Also, if there was a world wide catastrophic event, basically an ELE - like a brown dwarf rotating around the sun and scraping by us every 3600 yrs and flipping our poles 90 degrees. These type of events would MOST definitely get rid of 95% of any evidence of a previous society. AND anyone that survives may not wish to save anything, or almost nothing from the previous regime or lifestyle. Ya know? so therefore over the years they don't save books, writings, buildings, etc. Also, who said it had to be a HUMAN society here. The planet is 2/3 water. Why not an intelligent race of the seas? Dolphins? Or, we've proven that dinosaurs existed, how do we know they did not wipe themselves out and not an asteroid as we've been told?? I mean, so many possibilities right?

Cmon people, the time is coming, start to awaken and open your eyes. PLEASE.

thanx for your comment... bi-pedal reptilians and insectoid aliens are seen onboard the ufos a lot and maybe they evolved on earth long before we arrived on the scene...i think they did and are the real dominant species on earth,we just think we are

There you have it ! if we are claimed to be descendant of Apes ! So why not a Fully Bipedal highly Intelligent warm blooded descendant of a Dinosaur Say like a Velociraptor! or similar to it Theres One Catch to that theirs NO Evidence of a Velociraptor creating or building crafting nor painting ! anything (( Tho Ive seen an Elephant paint a Elephant !! no lie ! )

ORIGINAL Elephant Painting
www.youtube.com...

Elephant Painting Self Portrait
www.youtube.com...

and NO im Not taking about the Jurassic Park Velociraptor either Not the 6 foot long Just 3 foot tall ones but through Out Our History around this World ! Old World & New World ! we here stories that are either Mythical & Biblical of a Talking Snakes (Adam Eve Story) Rulers Leaders ! that have scaly Skin or Feathered or Winged (Quetzalcoatl) , Or Tailed or Winged Reptilian Looking Demons ( In the Abraham Religious Society Those 3 branches ) Or sometimes as Gods in the Native Primitive Cultures Whty are these in Our Mythology and Bible and Legends?

Just Saying ! LOL tho there no such Proof ! or anything Fossilized just as there is not much proof of Our transformation to Modern Man ! Missing Link as we just have Homo Erectus to Neanderthals to Homo Sapiens of such a big change ! and Nothing!!! In Between those 3 Found! ? Before Homo Erectus is Considered Hominid ( more Ape primate like )

Early Man Sull Series !

Evolutionary Skull sequence

Early Man
www.detectingdesign.com...
Velociraptor
en.wikipedia.org...

If Man has to RESTART ! Is there Something to re teach us ! Boost US ! and Type 2,3 Civilization to Help Us or is it just Back to the Stone Age! from Scratch

From Bone to Satellite Scene - 2001: A Space Odyssey Movie (1968) - HD

2001: bone to spaceship

Not being funny, I've also wondered if evolution was happening why didn't any sauron species (dinosaur like a raptor or others) didn't become sentient? They had enough time and they had hands in a sense. What if the nasty little secret is that their where a sentient reptilian or sauron species on this planet before us or along side us and we where at war with them all the time and we knocked each other back to the stone ages more than once or just once. Or could it have been that this sauron species was our masters and the mammals like us where their slaves and we revolted long ago. But I agree, the snake and reptile thing on coats of arms in stories around the planet almost make it seem that they where more than an animal but rather a living breathing sentient species.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
7 foot tall bi-pedal reptilians and bi-pedal insectoids are seen on board the flying saucers, wearing shimmering hooded garments! and appear to be overseeing the abductions that are performed by the greys. our supressed and forgotten history is "far stranger" than we are led and trained to believe. so very easily and most likely, a branch of dinosaur and insect evolved on earth long,long ago into advanced two legged beings and are the true dominant species on earth. we and our egos just think we are and do they wage wars upon each other every few millenia or so, destroying human civilizations by accident or design in the process?.....i'm 95% certain that this is exactly what happened and understand that we went from horse and buggies to nuclear powered aircraft carriers in only 60 years!...insects and dinosaurs evolved for millions and millions of years...its absolutely incredible!....whats really deep below us underground? the deepest cave penetration by a human is only 2 miles! and the deepest hole ever drilled is only 7.5 miles deep! and its thousands of miles from the surface of our planet to its core! whats really flying through our skies "cloaked and stealthed" most of the time? whats really hiding and living within the vast and unforgiving,impenetrable depths of our oceans?....i think the answers would shatter our faiths,fracture our dreams and annihilate everything we have ever hoped for and believed in...and to realize that this scenario is completely possible and makes perfect sense,is totally mind blowing to me!
edit on 19-8-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by JohhnyBGood

OK...not sure how that relates to what I was talking about....did you mean to reply to someone else? I was speaking about how it's unlikely people would forget basic technology like 'fire' or the 'wheel'.....not sure how Jinns fit into that....Unless you are suggesting that 'Jinns' were symbolic for lost technology, still employed by some with knowledge left over from a previous more advanced culture...which is an intriguing Idea (if that's what you meant)

Still though, I was speaking of the more basic things....like the Wheel and Fire, which there is plenty of evidence that exists that suggests they were invented at a specific time in history and where not known until that time.

Though to be fair, I've always thought that the 'wheel' is a bit hard to define.....older cultures most certainly had the ability to bind things up into round shapes and roll them (according to what it was they were moving of course), so perhaps I should define the invention of the 'wheel' to include a 'wheel supported by some sort of axis to be employed as in a rolling cart'....which seems to be more accurate way of stating what I am speaking of.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

yes but's that's my point.....I'm not speaking of paper, or plastic items, or even items at all....but what I'm speaking of is the most basic of human inventions.....Fire....The Wheel (I define 'wheel' a bit more thoroughly in another reply I just wrote to someone else in this thread if you're curious to know what I mean here)....etc.

There is plenty of evidence showing such inventions only being invented at specific times in history.....Yet I'd imagine that if any of us were stranded on a desert Island we would be able to figure out how to recreate such things quite easily, as our very life would depend upon them.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Def not alone on that. im with you there..

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join