It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Those We Call Cavemen Were All That Remained Of Humanity After The Last Time We Destroyed Ourselves

page: 22
154
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by drivers1492
reply to post by jadedANDcynical
 


Thanks for the quotes. Sorry after reading them although beautifully written it doesnt seem close or imply what the article you linked wants it to say.
The historian quoted talking about mushroom clouds- en.wikipedia.org... -was from the 1800's. How exactly was he interviewed for this? And was he privy to mushroom clouds before anyone had seen one and knew to associate it with atomic blasts? Cmon man please.....

Archeologist Francis Taylor- I would love it if someone could find this person as it seems no one else can.

Finally one last question. How many of these bodies were found in a the attacked city? Were they strewn through the streets and lying everywhere? Where the bodies in the same layers of soil showing they died at the same time?

I'm not saying that some sort of previous advancement wasnt in mans history to a degree. But this is not what its cracked up to be. I did think holy crap look at this when I first read about it years ago until I actually looked up the information and nothing makes me think this was any sort of nuclear blast.
heres some links to read > multiman.hubpages.com... www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
edit on 21-8-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)




posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula
 


Thanks for the links. A quick browse of both sites I'm finding the same Francis quotes, the same misquote of the ancient texts, basically a same 'ol of what was linked earlier. I did read these cities had "walls turned to glass". Does it seem odd that you can't find one photo of said walls? I find plenty of photo's from these sites but the claims are not supported. There are no walls of glass I can find.
I think it would be absolutely incredible to find some evidence of what the claims are here. But again, let me suggest you do a bit more research about the claims. I can find nothing to support them other than more claims from more sites (including the ones you linked) that have no hard evidence to support them.



posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
s8int.com... theres a lot of photographic evidence here and a lot of information...its the best link i've found yet with 5 pages of interesting mysteries
edit on 21-8-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula
 


the Oklo site is pretty fascinating. So with science showing how it would happen in nature your proposing mankind did it 2 billion years ago. Quick question, in your searching, have you found anything to support the idea that we as a race were remotely that functional 2 billion years ago? I personally can't see it being true since I find nothing to support the idea.

What I'm trying to get across is that these claims are great but unfounded. Sadly supporters add bogus information to help it sound better than it is which doesn't help things at all. IMO there is evidence that our race was somewhat more advanced at times in our past, but there is nothing that would indicate the levels presented in these links provided. Interesting yes, yet explainable. But then again I could be wrong. Again I would suggest research outside of sites that are copy/pasta supporters of these type things and see if you don't find a bit more information. If you happen across anything else that hasn't been presented or more copy/pasta I would love to read it I do enjoy this particular topic.

thanks



posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
whats left from the civil war that happened less than 150yrs ago,not much...if there was a nuclear war a long,long time ago followed by an ice age or axis tilt bringing forth mega tsunamis,most everything would be totally devastated and what remained would wither and fade with time,decay and erosion...those bands that did survive would be thrust back into a stoneage state and we call them prehistoric man,cavemen and all their concerns would revolve around food,shelter and clothing and the world that was lost would turn into myths and legends. the ascent of civilizations through the sumerians,babylonians,egyptians,greeks,romans uptill right now were these survivors slowly picking themselves up again...and ever since 1945 we once again stand at the door way of destruction,with one foot already across the threshold thanks to the hellish nuclear arms race of the past 65 years...
edit on 21-8-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula
 


I understand the argument your proposing. I do disagree but lets say im wrong. Lets say this radiation at these places are as high as 50times as these sites propose. Are you aware that the current levels of radiation in Hiroshima and Nagasaki are pretty much back to normal or the same as any other natural background radiation elsewhere on the planet. So this site had a nuclear war and it hangs onto its radiation? Does that mean in a few thousand years Hiroshima will increase in its radioactivity?

The cards don't stack up for this to be true. What does seem to be true is false information was passed out around 1992 and has been perpetuated by people who wont bother to look past these copy/pasta sites. Great story for tv but not for historical reference.

Maybe one day we will find something that will throw the wrench into our current view of history. I do believe we misunderstand many things from our own past but not things like this. Yes we have advanced in some was and then lost it throughout history but not surpassing what we have today.



posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by drivers1492
reply to post by blocula
 


I understand the argument your proposing. I do disagree but lets say im wrong. Lets say this radiation at these places are as high as 50times as these sites propose. Are you aware that the current levels of radiation in Hiroshima and Nagasaki are pretty much back to normal or the same as any other natural background radiation elsewhere on the planet. So this site had a nuclear war and it hangs onto its radiation? Does that mean in a few thousand years Hiroshima will increase in its radioactivity?

The cards don't stack up for this to be true. What does seem to be true is false information was passed out around 1992 and has been perpetuated by people who wont bother to look past these copy/pasta sites. Great story for tv but not for historical reference.

Maybe one day we will find something that will throw the wrench into our current view of history. I do believe we misunderstand many things from our own past but not things like this. Yes we have advanced in some was and then lost it throughout history but not surpassing what we have today.
thanx for your comment....this atomic war in ancient india is only one of many example of a prior advanced society. all over the world there are strange and mysterious artifacts. the nuclear weapons of then, if there were any, may have been constructed a little differently than ours, which might account for the types of discrepancies in radiation levels. just imagine how we went from horse drawn buggies to nuclear powered aircraft carriers in only 60 yrs or so. now extrapolate this fact out across the hundreds of thousands of years onwards up into the millions that we have been walking around this planet and the possibilities are amesome and wonderous to behold. who or what has been visiting this earth of ours down through the ages? arriving here from another galaxy or dimension to either help advance us forward, or to hurt and revert us backwards along the way. or do they, all these greys,reptilians,nordics and insectoid aliens that are reported again and again yet almost totally ignored, originate from earth and are the true dominant species. they are ignored because what they may represent are truths too horrible to face. all the while we live shrouded in denial, learning about our history thats been warped and twisted,chained and blinded by our inflated egos that convince us that we are the greatest and everything and everyone else that came before must have been less than we are...



posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Lost city 'could rewrite history'


The remains of what has been described as a huge lost city may force historians and archaeologists to radically reconsider their view of ancient human history.

Marine scientists say archaeological remains discovered 36 metres (120 feet) underwater in the Gulf of Cambay off the western coast of India could be over 9,000 years old.


Roll back the clock a few millennia and the coasts are in a much different place and since much of humanity lives on the coast presently, it stands to reason the same could be said about populations of the past.


"The [oceanographers] found that they were dealing with two large blocks of apparently man made structures.

"Cities on this scale are not known in the archaeological record until roughly 4,500 years ago when the first big cities begin to appear in Mesopotamia.

"Nothing else on the scale of the underwater cities of Cambay is known. The first cities of the historical period are as far away from these cities as we are today from the pyramids of Egypt," he said.


This is indeed incredibly significant if it can be verified.

Wiki


Marine archeology in the Gulf of Cambay - now known as the Gulf of Khambhat - centers around controversial findings made in December 2000 by the National Institute of Ocean Technology (NIOT). The structures and artifacts discovered by NIOT are the subject of contention. The major disputes surrounding the Gulf of Khambhat Cultural Complex (GKCC) are claims about the existence of submerged city-like structures, the difficulty associating dated artifacts with the site itself, and disputes about whether stone artifacts recovered at the site are actually geofacts or artifacts. One major complaint is that artifacts at the site were recovered by dredging, instead of being recovered during a controlled archeological excavation. This leads archeologists to claim that these artifacts cannot be definitively tied to the site. Because of this problem, prominent archeologists reject a piece of wood that was recovered by dredging and dated to 7500 B.C. as having any significance in dating the site.


I can see how artifacts could be washed down into the gulf from flooding upstream. I'm interested in any sonar scans they may have.


NIOT returned for further investigation in the Gulf from October 2002 to January 2003. During these excavations, NIOT reported finding two paleochannels flanked by rectangular and square basement-like features.[6] Artifacts were recovered by means of dredging, including pottery sherds, microliths, wattle and daub remains, and hearth materials.[7] These artifacts were sent for dating at the laboratories of Manipur University and Oxford University.[8] The wattle and daub remains are composed of locally available clay, reed, husk, pottery pieces, and pieces of fresh water shell. The wattle and daub also shows evidence of partial burning.[9]


Now I'm having a little more difficulty in understanding how all of these various types of materials would be found other than the possibility of an entire city being wiped out by a local mega-tsunami.


The most recent work in the Gulf of Khambhat took place from October 2003 to January 2004 and was primarily a geologic study. Techniques used during this investigation include bathymetry survey, sub-bottom survey, side-scan survey, and magnetic survey.[10] One of the major findings from this investigation concerns the orientation of sand ripples at the site. NIOT researchers claim that there are two sets of ripples visible at the site; One set is a natural feature formed by tidal currents while the other set has formed in relation to underlying structural features.[11]


Interesting, very interesting.



posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
wow!...^^^ thanx for the information. i wonder how fast the glacial sheets of the last ice age melted? fast enough for these forgotten cities and their inhabitants to have been quickly overwhelmed,or was it slow enough for them to move away as their cities were consumed beneath the waves. when looking at this from the perspective of all the flood stories from the distant past, i'll bet that the process was fast and unforgiving...heres a map of the world during the last ice age! the white outline represents the present day shape of the continents... >>> www.iceagenow.com...
edit on 21-8-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Some more excerpts for consideration.

From Book 7, Section CXII:


Indeed, O king that host was broken into a hundred struggling bodies by him of the Satwata race. And while that force was breaking, that mighty car-warrior, viz., the (grandson) of Sini, crushed seven heroic and great bowmen in the front rank of the foe. And, O monarch, with his shafts that resembled blazing flames of fire, he despatched many other heroes, kings of diverse realms, unto the region of Yama. He sometimes pierced a hundred warriors with one shaft, and sometimes one warrior with a hundred shafts. Like the great Rudra destroying creatures, he slew elephant-riders and car-warriors with steeds and drivers. None amongst thy troops ventured to advance against Satyaki who was displaying such lightness of hand and who showered such clouds of shafts. Struck with panic and crushed grounded thus by that hero of long arms, those brave warriors all left the field at the sight of that proud hero. Although alone, they saw him multiplied manifold, and were stupefied by his energy. And the earth looked exceedingly beautiful with crushed cars and broken nidas,


emphasis mine to indicate specific statements of interest as with all of the following quotes


The mighty car-warrior Yuyudhana could not brook that feat of Drona. Uttering a leonine shout, he then pierced Drona with ten shafts, and then with six, and then with eight others. And once more Yuyudhana pierced Drona with ten shafts, his charioteer with one and his four steeds with four. And with another shaft, O sire, Satyaki struck Drona's standard. Then, Drona speedily covered Satyaki, his car, steeds, driver, and standard, with swiftly coursing shafts, countless in number like a flight of locusts. Similarly, Yuyudhana fearlessly covered Drona with countless shafts of great speed.



The valiant Satyaki striking the advancing Kritavarman with six shafts, quickly slew his four steeds with four other shafts. And once again, he pierced Kritavarman in the centre of the chest with four other shafts. And once again, he pierced Kritavarman in the centre of the chest with sixteen straight shafts of great speed. Thus encountered; O monarch; with many shafts of fierce energy by him of the Satwata race, Kritavarman was unable to brook it. Aiming then a calf-toothed shaft resembling a shake of virulent poison and endued With the speed of the wind, and drawing the bow-string, O monarch, to his ear, he pierced Satyaki in the chest.


The Satwata Race seems to be extremely proficient and incredibly powerful warriors.


Then mighty Bhimasena recovering consciousness, took up in that battle a dart made of steel and equipped with a golden staff, and hurled it with great speed from his own car at the car of Kritavarman. That dart resembling a snake freed from its slough, hurled from Bhima's hands, fierce-looking, blazed forth as it proceeded towards Kritavarman. Beholding that dart endued with the splendour of the Yuga-fire coursing towards him, the son of Hridika cut it in twain with two shafts. Thereupon, that dart decked with gold, thus cut off, fell down on the earth, illumining the ten points of the compass, O king, like a large meteor falling from the firmament.


So they had missile(arrow) defense systems as well.


Sikhandin then, seeing his bow cut off, quickly took up a sword and a bright shield decked with a hundred moons. Whirling his large shield, decked with gold, Sikhandin sent that sword towards the car of Kritavarman. That large sword, cutting off, O king, Kritavarman's bow with arrow fixed thereon, fell down on the earth, like. O monarch, a bright luminary loosened from the firmament.


An interesting comparison that, "a bright luminary loosed from the firmament" sounds like a shooting star, does it not?


Indeed, the heroic Kritavarman rushed at Sikhandin, displaying his might, like a tiger at an elephant. Then those two chastisers of foes, []uwho resembled a couple of huge elephants or two blazing fires, encountered each other with clouds of shafts. And they took their best of bows and aimed their arrows, and shot them in hundreds like a couple of suns shedding their rays. And those two mighty car-warriors scorched each other with their keen shafts, and shone resplendent like two Suns appearing at the end of the Yuga.


Sounds to me like a heat shield dissipating heat.

Section CXVI


Satwata also fought with that elephant division, shooting his keen shafts, like a mighty cloud at the end of summer pouring torrents of rain on a mountain breast. Those elephants slaughtered with those shafts, whose touch resembled thunder sped by that foremost one among the Sinis began to fly away from the field, their tusks broken, bodies covered with blood, heads and frontal globes split open, ears and faces and trunks cut off, and themselves deprived of riders, and standards cut down, riders slain, and blankets loosened, ran away, O king, in all directions.



Cutting off the bow of Sini's grandson, that scimitar fell down on the earth, and looked resplendent like a circle of fire, as it lay on the earth. Then Yuyudhana took up another bow capable of piercing everybody, large as a Sala-offshoot, and of twang resembling the roar of Indra's thunder,...


Section CXV:


Indeed, Satyaki, then aiming another arrow of golden wings, that emitted blazing flames and resembled an angry snake, or the rod of the Destroyer himself, pierced Kritavarman.


"Another arrow" of the incredibly vivid description... resembling the "rod of the Destroyer himself"...wow

source for all quotes can be downloaded on this page



posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula
 


Um....yeah...there is TONS of evidence that Napolean invaded Russia! LMAO!......Um...try old maps, old documents, old guns, battle sites, graveyards for the fallen, old letters, etc. etc. So I'm sort of at a loss about what you meant by that.

I'm having a hard time figuring out why it is that you aren't understanding what I'm trying to say......because your statement about lightening really has nothing to do with man-made fire. No one ever claimed there was a time when man had never SEEN fire! I'm talking about man made technology of a very basic nature....starting a fire....creating wheeled carts....etc, etc. Things we know today, and if all technology was wiped off of the face of the Earth, we'd still know how to do it....or at the very least....even if somehow, the only people left were those that had never made such things, they would at least have enough of a basic Idea of how it was done, to relearn it in a short order. Yet archaeology clearly shows a time when people did not have these things.........My question is.....If Society was advanced, and then fell....how in the world could it forget basic life saving things like how to build a fire, or how to make a wheeled cart? I'm not talking about a post apocalyptic population filled with waitresses and bar tenders being able to build computer chips or airplanes....I'm talking about the most basic of human inventions...things a 12 year old boy scout could do. In what possible way could that knowledge be wiped from a civilizations collective memory?



posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Versa
 
you raise a good point there,but unfortunately the catholic church has controlled most of the planet since the early 14th century and would destroy or hide anything that contradicted their control system,i could get into a long debate on this but wont as everyone has the right to their own beliefs,as part of my research i have studied most of the worlds religions and their roots,this was a subject i came across after being introduced to the mind boggling work of michael cremo(forbidden archeology)
i originally started researching ancient aliens but it does seem to tie in to the subject of past civilisations and interaction between those and our ancestors.my theory for what its worth is that this planet has seen several races rise and fall,i think that they have been destroyed by their own technology and by cataclysmic climate changes.technology that has left radiation hotspots like mohanjo darro(may be miss spelt]
we also have many many stories of interaction with alien beings!are we that arrogant as a species to believe that the planet hasnt produced reptilian humanoids,small greys or tall and nordic? (they may be the ones in the ufo phenomena we are experiencing)why do we believe that any people must have looked like us?like i said earlier i believe that these races got to the stage where the planet surface was uninhabitable so they were forced to take shelter underground,we do have many creation stories like the native american indians being saved by the snake people and the ant people,actually the snake people are mentioned in many different race histories ,also all the myth/legends of shambala,shangrilla,asgard,lemuria and mu to name just a few all being underground(hollow earth theory?)we also believe that technology would be left behind again rather ignorant as a species to think these races had the same technology as us!i find it a fascinating subject and i must confess michael cremo's book really opened my eyes i would thoroughly recommend his work for anyone interested in this subject



posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75
reply to post by blocula
 


Um....yeah...there is TONS of evidence that Napolean invaded Russia! LMAO!......Um...try old maps, old documents, old guns, battle sites, graveyards for the fallen, old letters, etc. etc. So I'm sort of at a loss about what you meant by that.

I'm having a hard time figuring out why it is that you aren't understanding what I'm trying to say......because your statement about lightening really has nothing to do with man-made fire. No one ever claimed there was a time when man had never SEEN fire! I'm talking about man made technology of a very basic nature....starting a fire....creating wheeled carts....etc, etc. Things we know today, and if all technology was wiped off of the face of the Earth, we'd still know how to do it....or at the very least....even if somehow, the only people left were those that had never made such things, they would at least have enough of a basic Idea of how it was done, to relearn it in a short order. Yet archaeology clearly shows a time when people did not have these things.........My question is.....If Society was advanced, and then fell....how in the world could it forget basic life saving things like how to build a fire, or how to make a wheeled cart? I'm not talking about a post apocalyptic population filled with waitresses and bar tenders being able to build computer chips or airplanes....I'm talking about the most basic of human inventions...things a 12 year old boy scout could do. In what possible way could that knowledge be wiped from a civilizations collective memory?
we would'nt care about the technology that we learned from the past anymore when suddenly thrust into an apocalyptic state,through the shock of it, all that would take precedent would be food shelter and clothing and "over time" the previous inventions,or similar, would reappear, as they obviously have, just look around. if there was all out nuclear war. or if the earths axis tilted and 95% of humanity was wiped out and you "were" a computer engineer that survived, the last thing on your mind, the last thing you would be worried about would be a computer. and we always had fire, when did we not, even if it was originally by picking up a burning branch that had been struck by lightning and dont forget that our "taught" history has most likely been warped and twisted to fit tptb's agenda...
edit on 22-8-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by maglyn
reply to post by Versa
 
you raise a good point there,but unfortunately the catholic church has controlled most of the planet since the early 14th century and would destroy or hide anything that contradicted their control system,i could get into a long debate on this but wont as everyone has the right to their own beliefs,as part of my research i have studied most of the worlds religions and their roots,this was a subject i came across after being introduced to the mind boggling work of michael cremo(forbidden archeology)
i originally started researching ancient aliens but it does seem to tie in to the subject of past civilisations and interaction between those and our ancestors.my theory for what its worth is that this planet has seen several races rise and fall,i think that they have been destroyed by their own technology and by cataclysmic climate changes.technology that has left radiation hotspots like mohanjo darro(may be miss spelt]
we also have many many stories of interaction with alien beings!are we that arrogant as a species to believe that the planet hasnt produced reptilian humanoids,small greys or tall and nordic? (they may be the ones in the ufo phenomena we are experiencing)why do we believe that any people must have looked like us?like i said earlier i believe that these races got to the stage where the planet surface was uninhabitable so they were forced to take shelter underground,we do have many creation stories like the native american indians being saved by the snake people and the ant people,actually the snake people are mentioned in many different race histories ,also all the myth/legends of shambala,shangrilla,asgard,lemuria and mu to name just a few all being underground(hollow earth theory?)we also believe that technology would be left behind again rather ignorant as a species to think these races had the same technology as us!i find it a fascinating subject and i must confess michael cremo's book really opened my eyes i would thoroughly recommend his work for anyone interested in this subject

the deepest cave penetration by a person is only 2 miles deep! the deepest hole ever drilled is only 7.5 miles deep! and its about 3 or 4 thousand miles from the surface to the core!...we "do not know" whats down there,and if bouncing sound waves into the ground is the only way that scientists can verify what is down there then thats a joke! maybe we would'nt want to know, because the truth would shatter everything we've ever believed in. but we may be forced to face what ever they are when they decide its time to rise upon the surface once again, just like they did when they felt it was time to rid the surface of dinosaurs and they found out the hard way...whats all that weird rumbling that i hear out on the horizon all the time that everyone ignores? underground activity? do they cause our earthquakes?...



posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula
 


You're still not getting it....I'm talking about the most basic, of basic technology....boy scout stuff...NOT computers! I thought I made that quite clear many times now. And yes there IS plenty of evidence for when fire was first used....there are bones of humans in campsites and caves without any evidence of fire making such as years, and years of soot layers from camp fires...then there is a point in history where you DO find the layers and layers of soot in campfires used by humans. The carbon from the fire can be dated, you know....of course fire still existed! What does that have to do with anything?!?!
You can't cook food and protect yourselves from predators, nor warm yourself up, if you have to wait for lightening to strike some tree! LOL!!!!

OK...lets say you don't except the evidence of fire (just like you apparently are not aware of the evidence of Napoleon's conquests)....fine.....Lets talk about the wheel...how in the world would someone surviving a cataclysm forget something as basic as a wheel (or wheeled cart to be specific)....that's a basic survival and building tool....You'd sorta need something like that to survive...well you might not need it per se, but it would most certainly make your survival much easier! People wouldn't forget such things as that, or basic levers, and pulleys....yet there is very clear cut evidence for when these inventions came into existence.

Unless you just imagine that every single archaeologist in the world is part of some huge conspiracy! LOL!
edit on 22-8-2011 by bhornbuckle75 because: Somehow I managed to spell 'Napoleon' wrong...so I fixed it.



posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

Originally posted by SirMike
Sorry, but I cannot buy it. Any truly advanced civilization will leave fingerprints on the land that will unmistakable. Although buildings facades may crumble, stone masonry work, foundations, metal implements, radioactive, and synthetics will survive in some recognizable matter for 10,000’s of years.
maybe they were not a paper/metal/plastic based society like we are


I was about to post the same thought! Who is to say they went more environmentally conscious, or where their priorities were, maybe they didn't watch tv, or drink soda from plastic bottles.



posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75
reply to post by blocula
 


You're still not getting it....I'm talking about the most basic, of basic technology....boy scout stuff...NOT computers! I thought I made that quite clear many times now. And yes there IS plenty of evidence for when fire was first used....there are bones of humans in campsites and caves without any evidence of fire making such as years, and years of soot layers from camp fires...then there is a point in history where you DO find the layers and layers of soot in campfires used by humans. The carbon from the fire can be dated, you know....of course fire still existed! What does that have to do with anything?!?!
You can't cook food and protect yourselves from predators, nor warm yourself up, if you have to wait for lightening to strike some tree! LOL!!!!

OK...lets say you don't except the evidence of fire (just like you apparently are not aware of the evidence of Napoleon's conquests)....fine.....Lets talk about the wheel...how in the world would someone surviving a cataclysm forget something as basic as a wheel (or wheeled cart to be specific)....that's a basic survival and building tool....You'd sorta need something like that to survive...well you might not need it per se, but it would most certainly make your survival much easier! People wouldn't forget such things as that, or basic levers, and pulleys....yet there is very clear cut evidence for when these inventions came into existence.

Unless you just imagine that every single archaeologist in the world is part of some huge conspiracy! LOL!
edit on 22-8-2011 by bhornbuckle75 because: Somehow I managed to spell 'Napoleon' wrong...so I fixed it.
hi...we havent forgotten the wheel,i see them rolling around all over the place.i think the myans didnt even have a wheel, but look at what they were able to do without one.we slowly re-learned certain things,after the initial shock of a devastated world started to sink in. maybe there was a time when we didnt cook anything with fire and or never used fire at all and just ate raw meat. wherever they have looked and dug and found evidence for fire or no fire usage represents but a fraction of a fraction of the total land area we were living on back then. if they dug down in my backyard 50ft and found a metal box that was 5,000 yrs old doesnt mean that metal boxes were being built everywhere else.maybe just one person made it or only one town had it...our history we are taught about is warped and twisted to fit a pre-existing agenda. they have proved that there is a secret chamber beneath the sphinx,but no ones allowed to dig down and find out whats there,hmmmm i wonder why?..probably does'nt matter anymore anyways ,because whatever was down there is probably long gone,dug up,taken out and trucked off to some undisclosed location,cant have the masses find out the truth.



posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
hi...we havent forgotten the wheel,i see them rolling around all over the place.i think the myans didnt even have a wheel, but look at what they were able to do without one.we slowly re-learned certain things,after the initial shock of a devastated world started to sink in.


*Facepalm*..........ugh......I never said that we have forgotten the wheel to this day........*sigh*.......Hmmm why are you not getting this.....OK let me try again. Yes, you are right...many ancient people didnt have the wheel. That's because it hadn't been INVENTED yet! We have plenty of archaeological evidence of no wheels from every continent on the planet. (other than uninhabitable places like Antarctica I imagine)......but then suddenly...at a specific time in history someone invented it, and then over time nearly everyone had it........OK, let me explain this....assuming that there was an ancient culture more advanced than what we know today (or lets say they were only just as advanced....) then even if there was some huge cataclysm.....people would have to survive. They would apply basic technology assuming their advanced ones did not work....so why would they somehow just forget something like the wheel, only to have it be reinvented many years later....the evidence for this is everywhere...its not just a small local area that they dug up and said "hey there's no wheels here till we get to this layer....that must mean that mankind invented it then".....it's like that EVERYWHERE they dig!

So to put it simply....there is no way an advanced culture could be brought down completely AND have them collectively forget things like wheels, and levers and pulleys and fire, etc. etc. etc.



posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Wow so much mystery! So much intrigue! so much underestimating the ability of our less technologically advanced ancesters. That stone work is so fine those people must have been more advanced than us! The Mayans were advanced but didn't have the wheel! Blah blah.

Oh my God. Talk about lack of research.

1. The Myans did know the wheel they just never utilised it. In fact the only mystery regarding the wheel and the Mayans is why they put wheels on the base of toys but never made a cart. They were not as advanced as us.

The Celts soldered gold and silver so well and in such a style that it can't be replicated today. The celts are part of modern history by the way and alot is known about them.. They were not as advanced as us.

Galleons were build by people who are well known in our history and how those galleons were designed is well known. What isn't known today is how they actually were able to do it with their level of technology. They were not as advanced as us.

None of the above were as advanced as we are it's just that some knowledge regarding their techniques has been lost. Just because there's really cool stone work or a fantastic road or or some really big structure from thousands of years ago doesn't mean there was some really advanced race of people. They were ancient people who were really good at what they did with what they had.

Have some faith in your ancesters people you're letting them down!
edit on 23-8-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-8-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75again we are looking for human technology with a rather narrow mindset that if we cant find what we would expect then it cant have existed!we are only just starting to find the true power of crystals,perhaps the earth gave our ancient ancestors the power to levitate (we still cant explain the power of leylines but we know they are there and that they resonate different magnetic frequency to the surrounding areas) if the people were either of a different frequency vibration more in tune with the planet or maybe had no need of technology after all there was no wheel in the garden of eden or perhaps our ancient ancestors were not of human descent!there is artifacts of technology like the lightbulb picture in the pyramid,small aircraft models found in south america,what some of the ancient alien theorists like von daniken believe is that this technology belonged to them but maybe it did actually belong to our ancestors! as for radio carbon dating,it has been proven to be wrong quite often (tried twice on turin shroud and came back with two very different dates!)we do seem to be going round in circles with this argument regarding technology but at least we all seem to agree that the human timeline on this planet is not what we have been programmed to believe.the evidence has and is still being supressed
 



new topics

top topics



 
154
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

log in

join