It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London riots spreading to Birmingham, Leeds

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Scratch that, found a source...

1.52 Gloucestershire Police say they are dealing with what they called a "gathering" in the Brunswick area of Gloucester. There has been some disorder around the city, with roaming youths setting fires in bins.

And a major fire has taken hold at the old Brunswick Road campus of Gloscat a large 60s building that has been derelict since the college moved in 2007. It's next to Gloucester library which reports suggest is also on fire

tvnz.co.nz...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
BBC Live text links

Gloucestershire Police say they are dealing with what they called a "gathering" in the Brunswick area of Gloucester.

There has been some disorder around the city, with roaming youths setting fires in bins.

And a major fire has taken hold at the old Brunswick Road campus of Gloscat (Gloucestershire College of Art and Technology), a large 60s building that has been derelict since the college moved in 2007. It's next to Gloucester library which reports suggest is also on fire.

Police helicopter circling Gloucester. Woolworths & former Gloscat building on fire. Mass looting. #Gloucester #Gloucesterriots

edit on 9-8-2011 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11
why can they not just use tranqualisers? the thugs go to sleep and the police can pick them up and clear the streets of the thugs, they wake in in a cell with a conviction and fine.

simples.

ah-hah! sir, you are a gentleman and a scholar. but actually solving problems is just not
the way le establishment rolls. it is much more funnier and entertaining to watch peasants
go againt each other and watch them cry for more order and more police and more military.
which le establishment can't wait to provide. after all, "it is their job and their sacred duty".
heh? it's easy.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11
why can they not just use tranqualisers? the thugs go to sleep and the police can pick them up and clear the streets of the thugs, they wake in in a cell with a conviction and fine.

simples.

LOL this is not Jurassic Park,

And tbh neither is it a good idea, would take weeks to go round a find all the missed darts, which they would have to do, would cost money they don't have, they can do a better job with water cannons tbh

would be funny to watch tho, nice one for that

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I originally posted this in the "Movies" BTS forums, but after reading through this thread ... I thought I'd post here.

This might have started as a peaceful protest by family and friends against racial profiling, but it was soon hijacked by disenfranchised UK youth of *all* races. Most are to young to even remember this song by Sublime. I found the Rodney King riots in LA and these in the UK resonated. I decided to create a video.

Here are a few lines of the lyrics:

Cause everybody in the hood has had it up to here,
It's getting harder and harder and harder each and every year.

Some kids went in a store with thier mother,
I saw her when she came out she was gettin some pampers.

They said it was for the black man,
they said it was for the mexican,
and not for the white man.

But if you look at the streets it wasn't about Rodney King

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Look at this! the criminals posting what they did. bragging about stealing ipads and macbooks.

I hope the police would use this to identify some of the thugs

I found it looking through the team poison twitter
they are all affiliated with Anonymous

twitter.com...#!/search?q=%23#ThePolice

ETA The link won't add - maybe due to f word in link, so in twitter search field insert #f***the police

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
here is one thugs profile on twitter and all his tweets bragging and updating what he's doing
He's even dumb enough to post a link to his news photo and admits it's him

thug

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Another thug on twitter called Steve Gaz or
SteveGaz1
thug
he works with the one above MTWomg
they are discussing if there's more room in the van to get more

Steve Gaz

@MTWomg DON'T YOU REMEMBER? I TOOK THAT PIC OF YOU WIV THAT IPHONE I KNICKED OF THAT 15 YO WHITE CHICK
57 minutes ago
»
Steve Gaz
SteveGaz1 Steve Gaz
@
@metalzoey DON'T WORRY, I'M SETTING UP AN EBAY ACCOUNT IN A MINUTE, PRICES WILL BE LOW.. I'M TALKIN HIGH QUALITY STUFF FOR CHEAP PRICES!
1 hour ago

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I think it's just turned into a free for all frenzy.
The parents should be keeping teens home once they've heard their town is affected. Cut down on the spectators who inevitably join in or get in the way of police doing their job.

New Rumors that gangs are sending girls to doors + following in when its open

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Wow some of these people are really stupid, well most of them,

video.l3.fbcdn.net... 110811140048&lh=08fd25ee902db94c86187

I hope he wasn't thinking he was doing a good job of hiding his face, and I hop he gets caught.

Jake

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

I came up with Sublime and I can still hear the twisted reasoning in Bradley's voice when he sings in this song. Yes, the LA riots did begin with Rodney King, but that pot was boiling long before the ignorant X%^ cops beat that man down in LA. I remember peeps saying "you could feel it coming".

When I would listen to this song, it gave me a feeling, that same fire and intensity to go out and create anarchy with the masses, I understand how teens get caught up in this, I do, I was one of them in many ways.

Older now, I have too big of a heart and do not believe that two wrongs make a right. I understand where the rage comes from, but I've learned to control it.

Now with all the economic woes, housing crisis, job losses, sub-par healthcare, rich get richer, middle-class turns to poor, my 85 year old mom mom crying because she either pays for her medicine to keep her alive or pay the utilities and food. This prolonged degenerative feeling of not living to your potential and not by your own hands, it take's a toll on people .

Where's next is the question? Regardless of where we reside, we should try to be alert of any strange things going on with kids or youth groups around us. For those that have kids, ask them. Ask them if they know any group or friends wanting to join flash mobs and the like. It's not a crazy question to ask anymore given the recent flash mob incidents and riots we've had in the States in just the last month. At least we will then have the knowledge to make informed decisions.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by harlot7

*nods in agreement* You too remember that feeling as I do. Star to you friend.

I'm 28 and was a little to young at the time to fully understand what it was like to live in the ghettos of LA -- but the song reverberated well into my teens as a lesson of what can happen when the divide between the classes becomes a chasm.

I'm not a videographer, nor am I a documentarian. I see resonances with the underclass of the UK and the poverty stricken people of LA back in '92. An excuse is all it takes to light the match.

People are wondering why the Bobbies (is that still a term used in the UK?) or police weren't/aren't more heavy-handed.

I'll tell you why. As we all have seen in Egypt, police/military action begets more rioting and violence. I believe the strategy was one of containment. Let the punks wear themselves out without a reason to escalate the violence.

These riots remind me of an old cult classic called, "The Warriors"

Does anyone else remember that film?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

WTF
!!!!! How ffing dumb can a person be?
Hey is there any news on how far north this is spreading? BBC and other news channels are showing old news!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

"Come out and playaaaa...."
Yes, and these situations (esp. London) seem very much like that. Imagery and visuals at least. I hope we don't see any kids hitting the streets donning baseball outfits and wearing white makeup - then I'll have to agree the London riots are full fledged Warrior's material.

I am still hoping everyone stays safe this evening.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Hey, I don't know if anyone has noticed it, but how many goth's do you see rioting?
BTW : Good morning everybody ( not being sarcastic, just beung sociable).

Anyone got any reliable news on the amount of damages and injuries?
MSM is showing sweet F all!
edit on 9-8-2011 by KhaliWitch because: Almost forgot

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by The X

Again you're saying a lot without really saying anything at all lol go on

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia

Originally posted by EmVeeFF
Something I've been wondering for a lil while....

How did someone get shot? Aren't there no guns carried by civilians and police in UK (excluding criminals and military of course...)

About 5 million illegal guns on the street I think. Someone can correct that figure

So, the cop had an illegal gun?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Nevermind the bullocks, here are the England Riots. --- too bad they aren't just a bunch of pimply punk rockers. This sounds much more race driven, with mindless rage against anything and everything. Like the L.A. Riots in 1992. Which is very scary. At least the punks had better taste in music.

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join