It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London riots spreading to Birmingham, Leeds

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by KhaliWitch
reply to post by Wo0kiEE

I know the feeling I get the same looks, except it's more like sh*t it's a woman!

Morning Khali, I've always had trouble with the police, since I was a teenager, but I still remember getting a clip round the ear from my local police man when I got caught on the rob. Never robbed again.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
DAMIT,

I hate being right sometimes.

www.bbc.co.uk...
could be related....

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Wo0kiEE

Morning Wookie, ghehe yep, i was always targeted by rhe dutch bill because i look and dress like biker ( helps stop potential troublemakers from starting something they can't win) and wear goth makeup ( hey that gives me thought: how many goths and alternatives have you been able to spot looting and rioting?), they gave me such a hard time that i went down to the station and said i was gonna press charges against the whole force if i was stopped one more time for nowt!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wo0kiEE
DAMIT,

I hate being right sometimes.

www.bbc.co.uk...
could be related....

Damn the sh*ts gonna hit the fan big time cos of this!!!!!!

You're not the only one that hates being right, i had a feeling people were gonna take advantage of these riots to do more misschief against minority communities!
edit on 10-8-2011 by KhaliWitch because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   

reply to post by Wo0kiEE

Morning Wookie, ghehe yep, i was always targeted by rhe dutch bill because i look and dress like biker ( helps stop potential troublemakers from starting something they can't win) and wear goth makeup ( hey that gives me thought: how many goths and alternatives have you been able to spot looting and rioting?)

Yeah thing is people have been giving it they are the poor & disillusioned youth, & like I said before they can afford the best gear I don't think I saw one hoodie that wasn't a designer sports brand or better, and if they ar epoor how come they all have Blackberry phones that they can organise each other on?

Poor my ass. another thing the politicians are giving it the "Cuts are what started these riots" I don't like politicians, but don't remember there being any riots when the Labour party was in power?

Who knows what started it? but like we both said yesterday it's only going to spread and get worse. Best get out my best TK-MAX hoodie and rounders bat....

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ffswhy

"Proud to be British" - Lordy.. where to begin. Britain's colonialist past? Britain's wars of crime? Britain's war against the Americans? Britain's boot licking of the Americans? Britain's high taxes, poor social system?

What exactly are you proud of? The proverbial stiff upper lip and constipated way of being?

I'm sorry, but currently there is nothing to be proud of. The term "Britain" is itself a joke. It once was "Great Britain", no longer so great is it? Scotland wants out, Ireland never wanted to be part of it.

T

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

reply to post by Wo0kiEE

Morning Wookie, ghehe yep, i was always targeted by rhe dutch bill because i look and dress like biker ( helps stop potential troublemakers from starting something they can't win) and wear goth makeup ( hey that gives me thought: how many goths and alternatives have you been able to spot looting and rioting?)

Yeah thing is people have been giving it they are the poor & disillusioned youth, & like I said before they can afford the best gear I don't think I saw one hoodie that wasn't a designer sports brand or better, and if they ar epoor how come they all have Blackberry phones that they can organise each other on?

Poor my ass. another thing the politicians are giving it the "Cuts are what started these riots" I don't like politicians, but don't remember there being any riots when the Labour party was in power?

Who knows what started it? but like we both said yesterday it's only going to spread and get worse. Best get out my best TK-MAX hoodie and rounders bat....

I'm seriously worried it's gonna spread to other countries in Europe( especially holland)!!
If it starts here i'm gonna have to dust off my knuckle dusters and whipping chain, hihi, that's been a while!!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by torqpoc
reply to post by ffswhy

"Proud to be British" - Lordy.. where to begin. Britain's colonialist past? Britain's wars of crime? Britain's war against the Americans? Britain's boot licking of the Americans? Britain's high taxes, poor social system?

What exactly are you proud of? The proverbial stiff upper lip and constipated way of being?

I'm sorry, but currently there is nothing to be proud of. The term "Britain" is itself a joke. It once was "Great Britain", no longer so great is it? Scotland wants out, Ireland never wanted to be part of it.

T

I have to agree with you and i am british! However, being "british" is a source of pride for many. And they each have their own reasons that i can not even begin to fathom!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by KhaliWitch

Dear KhaliWitch,
Thanks for the response. I fear i'm going to get a tirade of abuse for my comments, but well, there is some truth to those words.

I totally understand pride, without it existence becomes rather docile and boring. I do fear that sometimes pride in one's "label" transcends into a mistaken pride of the "nation". There is some ingrained nationalistic pride due to WW2, and such, which of course is justified, but that was a generation ago. Britain today is just another American state, outcast of Europe and steeped in issues beyond social or economic help.

T

edit on 10-8-2011 by torqpoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by torqpoc

I think there is some merit to your thinking, but this is the case for other countries, not just England.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

reply to post by ffswhy

T

Have to say I agree, I'm English through & through I LOVE my country and take pride in the fact that we are a multicultural country. But like many here I have nothing to be proud of today...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Dear KhaliWitch,
100% agree with you. Especially regarding western or westernised countries. People rant and rave about immigration, poor social system, low wages, etc.. when in all honesty, we let it happen. All it takes is a quick lesson in history and you can trace the wealth back 100s of years, much the same as the reasons behind immigration and social instability.

You reap what you sow, as they say. This is only the beginning I fear, the next step will be an extreme shift to the right rather more fascist way of thinking and then social class wars.

T

edit on 10-8-2011 by torqpoc because: oops I wrote 1000 when I meant 100

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by torqpoc

I have been saying it quite often through this topic, the EDL, BMP & Combat 18 will have a huge recruitment drive soon & the far right will have a field day with all this, especially as in some of the media they are saying "White people being targeted by groups of thugs" what about the other races?

I hate to say it but think you are right in what you are saying. Me n Khali been saying the same thing. I suspect it will not just be England that burns

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Dear KhaliWitch,
100% agree with you. Especially regarding western or westernised countries. People rant and rave about immigration, poor social system, low wages, etc.. when in all honesty, we let it happen. All it takes is a quick lesson in history and you can trace the wealth back 100s of years, much the same as the reasons behind immigration and social instability.

You reap what you sow, as they say. This is only the beginning I fear, the next step will be an extreme shift to the right rather more fascist way of thinking and then social class wars.

T

edit on 10-8-2011 by torqpoc because: oops I wrote 1000 when I meant 100

I agree that this is just the beginning and that it is going to go global. I have a feeling that this has something to do with 21-12-2012 ( hey i'm a believer, so sue me)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Then you have a short memory!

Race riots in the early 2000's ring a bell?

And these dissafected Youths causing the trouble are in the crappy predicament mainly out of not being "bovered" at school and now they find no one wants to hire them. And don't forget, these were the Youths promised a lot from Labour over 13 years and nothing came of that!

But this is simply opportunistic thuggery. There is nothing political about these riots as the idots, when interviewed on TV, can barely string a sentence together and when they can, it's obvious that they know nothing about anything, blaming society for their own situation when it is one of their own making..

Oh, as for the idiot claiming Britian isn't "Great" anymore, the full title of the UK is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern ireland. The "Great" never refffered to how awesome we were, but merely we reside on the largest of the British Isles. We still are Great Britain.

Scotland only wants out because a lot have been fooled by the SNP that the grass is greener. It isn't without English taxpayer funded prescriptions and University...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Yeah these were the one's in Oldham & Bradford? those race riots? My bad I had actually forgotten about those. but this isn't about race. or politics as you so rightly mention it's just out n out thuggery and in my humble opinion it's because we live in a consumer culture where people want everything NOW, and the BEST of everything NOW. We have too long lived on credit. These thugs just want free stuff and don't really care how they get it or who they hurt to get it. Including our beautiful country

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Dear Stumason,

Well .. what a surprise, someone resorting to using derogatory words to get his point across. Noone, in the media, newspapers or TV uses the term "Great Britain" anymore, and they haven't for at least 5 years from my recollection. For a fellow Brother, you sure are blinkered and naive.

Yes it is thuggery, yes it is criminality rising to the fore, but there is a social reason for it. It isn't simply "Oh look, there's riots happening, let's join in for some quick cash". They may be uneducated, but then again you come across uneducated and oafish in your response, simply because you didn't like the comments. Everyone has a point of view, it's how we express ourselves that differentiates us from the others.

Scotland never wanted to be part of the United Kingdom of Great Britain. It was enforced, much like Ireland was. Read up on your history Sir.. and next time you wish to refer to me, use a different term than idiot, plebian.

T

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Yeah these were the one's in Oldham & Bradford? those race riots? My bad I had actually forgotten about those. but this isn't about race. or politics as you so rightly mention it's just out n out thuggery and in my humble opinion it's because we live in a consumer culture where people want everything NOW, and the BEST of everything NOW. We have too long lived on credit. These thugs just want free stuff and don't really care how they get it or who they hurt to get it. Including our beautiful country

You say it Wookie.
@ the one that has brought up the race riots: those riots are about race and these riots were, at the start atleast, were about the police shooting and have spiralled out of control into a..... what's the phrase..... grab and run riot!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by torqpoc

Unfortunately there are more and more people that try and force their views on you and if you refuse them, they will become...... unpleasantly forceful in their language and that is when you can find out how educated they truly are, pity that they do not see themselves as we see them!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Well .. what a surprise, someone resorting to using derogatory words to get his point across. Noone, in the media, newspapers or TV uses the term "Great Britain" anymore, and they haven't for at least 5 years from my recollection. For a fellow Brother, you sure are blinkered and naive.

Quite wrong on that, actually. The colloquiol term for our country is either the UK or Britain, but Great Britain is still used when referring to say, a sporting team such as the athletics or when diplomacy or such is taking place The same as the United States of America is shortened to America. There is simply no need to use the full title of the country when referring to it and this has been the norm for longer than "5 years".

To imply that we don't use the term because of some perceived loss of international prestige is beyond blinkered, it's simply plain ignorant and stupid. Don't like it, then go educate yourself properly instead of spouting nonsense.

Yes it is thuggery, yes it is criminality rising to the fore, but there is a social reason for it. It isn't simply "Oh look, there's riots happening, let's join in for some quick cash". They may be uneducated, but then again you come across uneducated and oafish in your response, simply because you didn't like the comments. Everyone has a point of view, it's how we express ourselves that differentiates us from the others.

Indeed everyone has a point of view, doesn't make what they said any where near being correct though.

Pray tell, what is this social issue? Unemployed yobs with as many GCSE's between them as a group of poorly educated sausages? And who's fault is it they can't get work, can't get on in life? It's all very well to blame the Government, but where are these kids parents? Why didn't they do well in school? In any case, these are the Blair generation, so it has bugger all to do with cuts or even the economy.

Scotland never wanted to be part of the United Kingdom of Great Britain. It was enforced, much like Ireland was. Read up on your history Sir.. and next time you wish to refer to me, use a different term than idiot, plebian.

Ha, that's rich. England never wanted Scotland to join either!

I assume you know of the Darian scheme and the subsequent bankruptcy of Scotland, their subsequent request to King James (Scottish King that was on the thrones of both England and Scotland) at the time to form a Union to cover of Scotlands enourmous debts and the fact the Scottish Parliament passed the legislation needed for the Union before the English Parliament was even consulted?

No?

Then you "Sir", need to read up your history.
edit on 10/8/11 by stumason because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join