It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London riots spreading to Birmingham, Leeds

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Wo0kiEE

Dear Wo0kiEE,
You really shouldn't write stuff like that, it just makes me regret i'm not a hoodlum who went out and robbed himself a new sound system, pioneer CD decks (saw one guy in a photo with those) and 3D LED TV.

Oh the price of morals! =)

T

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by torqpoc

Have to say thanks to you, for well thought out and interesting posts and although at some stages it sounded like you and stumason were going to have a falling out the open discussion between you both is really interesting. So S&F to you both.

Have to say though I disagree with the closing comment in stumason's post about it being cultural. The ares in where the riots flared up in London I believe we predominately black so you would have thought you might have seen more black people in the photos, but as we saw yesterday & in days previous a hell of a lot of the looters & rioters were white.

Too much is being said about the race part of these riots. I've said it before & will no doubt say it again RACE isn't the issue.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by torqpoc
reply to post by Wo0kiEE

Dear Wo0kiEE,
You really shouldn't write stuff like that, it just makes me regret i'm not a hoodlum who went out and robbed himself a new sound system, pioneer CD decks (saw one guy in a photo with those) and 3D LED TV.

Oh the price of morals! =)

T

fair comment I suppose, but without a bit of humor, what are we?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by torqpoc
As to your closing statement, well I think you're going to have some back lash from that. I am not so sure it is really a cultural thing here, from what I have seen and read it would actually seem there are more caucasians (whites) involved than african/carribean etc.. I know this started in Tottenham, and supposedly over the shooting of a black drug dealer, but I don't think it was limited to that specific ethnic group.

Now, just to qualify what I said...

I did say it "seems to be", with the pictures and images I am seeing, that a large part of (not all) of the groups are young black males. Given the area's affected, in London at least, this would make sense as they are predominately afro-carribean. Now, that said, other area's which seem to be "copy-cat" riots are of a right mixed bag.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
The use of water cannons has just been approved

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Ah and now we have a new debate arising. It is true that the photo's that were shown of the first night, it was predominantly Blacks, however I believe that it was not about ethnicity, but more of a "ghetto" uprising and it just happenened to be a predominantly black neighbourhood.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Yeah, I'm hearing it now also, same with rubber bullets

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by KhaliWitch
Yeah, I'm hearing it now also, same with rubber bullets

BAD mistake, I think that problems will get worse if the rubber bullets come out, these kids won't stand for it, i doubt its actually too hard to get hold of a firearm or something. Watched a program the other day about cops in the UK raiding this house & in the guys bedroom they found loaded xbows, machetes, & other weapons. so sure it wouldn't be difficult. And sure some of these kiddies know where to source them from.

So Anarchy will rage

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Wo0kiEE

Dear Wo0kiEE,
My comments were totally tongue in cheek, in case some readers missed that I thought i'd clarify it. =)

I've been saving for some Pioneer CD decks for a while now and just irked me to see some kid walking out with a pair.

Anyway, I am not sure if you caught this, but according to some 1886 Riot Act, the Police are liable for all insurance claims, and subsequently the taxpayer will be footing the bill. No surprise, but that just makes me feel sick.

T

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

Good ol' stoke! I heard things kicking off roun Blurton and apparently a gathering at Hanley park last night, but looks like luckily nothing came from it or it was very few people.
Hope it stays good, i would be p*ssed if my uni gets burned down.

A little something that will put a smile on the english faces here on ATS

A lil Gif vid

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trolloks
[

A little something that will put a smile on the english faces here on ATS

A lil Gif vid

The words SIT DOWN & SHUT UP spring to mind to that kiddie smashing in the window

Excellent

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Trolloks

Dear Trolloks,
Firstly awesome username, made me giggle and I sorely needed that. Secondly, awesome video!

That chap in green should be training for the England rugby team, what a "tackle".

T

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Too much is being said about the race part of these riots. I've said it before & will no doubt say it again RACE isn't the issue.

Couldn't agree more. I don't think it is race related at all. I do, however, think the media may be spinning that angle slightly. All of the interviews I have seen with people on the street involved in the trouble have been with black teenagers. The BBC and Sky made a lot of people out patrolling the streets in an attempt to stop the violence. Even the way they did this shows racial bias. The groups featured were a large gathering of Sikhs (but they didn't show any interviews with any of them), a group of white men who were interviewed and made out to look like a group of football hooligans and a few camera shots of an EDL group... who were being kettled by the police.

Selective reporting to emphasise their political agenda is a speciality of the BBC. When the EDL were in Blackpool a few months ago I was there with my wife shopping. We witnessed some of the protesters being interviewed by the BBC and some of them were very eloquent, well mannered, middle class people putting across their fears about what they saw as the unchecked encroachment of Islamic social mores upon our society. Guess which interviews were shown on the news? Yup, the hooded, tattooed, foul-mouthed, illiterate ones spewing racial hatred who were only there in the hopes of a fight with UAF.
edit on 10/8/11 by cheesyleps because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesyleps

Check this out i.dailymail.co.uk...

I think it's great but I bet the EDL will be loving images like this

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Wo0kiEE

It is great, especially the lad on the right in a Liverpool shirt

There will be elements within the EDL who would shudder at that sight, but there are also elements with the intelligence to recognise the difference between sikhs and muslims.

I have a lot of respect for Sikhs. They are one of the minorities that have made a big effort to integrate into British society in a way many others do not. Apart from the motorcycle helmet thing

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by cheesyleps
reply to post by Wo0kiEE

It is great, especially the lad on the right in a Liverpool shirt

There will be elements within the EDL who would shudder at that sight, but there are also elements with the intelligence to recognise the difference between sikhs and muslims.

I have a lot of respect for Sikhs. They are one of the minorities that have made a big effort to integrate into British society in a way many others do not. Apart from the motorcycle helmet thing

Couldn't agree more, except the Liverpool shirt... LOL

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Good to see that sometimes even the softly softly approach isn't viewed as a good thing by all the police dealing with the troubles although not too sure I really approve of the over zealousness of the Riot cops

www.dailymail.co.uk...
edit on 10-8-2011 by Wo0kiEE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Trolloks

HAHAHA That's marvelous.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

How's Stoke? all quiet?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Could this be the start?

www.dailymail.co.uk...