It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London riots spreading to Birmingham, Leeds

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
NOT the best report ever but interesting reading

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Originally posted by torqpoc
Well .. what a surprise, someone resorting to using derogatory words to get his point across. Noone, in the media, newspapers or TV uses the term "Great Britain" anymore, and they haven't for at least 5 years from my recollection. For a fellow Brother, you sure are blinkered and naive.

Quite wrong on that, actually. The colloquiol term for our country is either the UK or Britain, but Great Britain is still used when referring to say, a sporting team such as the athletics or when diplomacy or such is taking place The same as the United States of America is shortened to America. There is simply no need to use the full title of the country when referring to it and this has been the norm for longer than "5 years".

To imply that we don't use the term because of some perceived loss of international prestige is beyond blinkered, it's simply plain ignorant and stupid. Don't like it, then go educate yourself properly instead of spouting nonsense.
The only time that title is used is for sports, not in every day to day business. And it is nowhere suggested that is was due to devalued self opinion of the British, it is quite simply to do with the fact that the title is too long to be used pleasantly, so it was shortened.

Yes it is thuggery, yes it is criminality rising to the fore, but there is a social reason for it. It isn't simply "Oh look, there's riots happening, let's join in for some quick cash". They may be uneducated, but then again you come across uneducated and oafish in your response, simply because you didn't like the comments. Everyone has a point of view, it's how we express ourselves that differentiates us from the others.

Indeed everyone has a point of view, doesn't make what they said any where near being correct though.

Pray tell, what is this social issue? Unemployed yobs with as many GCSE's between them as a group of poorly educated sausages? And who's fault is it they can't get work, can't get on in life? It's all very well to blame the Government, but where are these kids parents? Why didn't they do well in school? In any case, these are the Blair generation, so it has bugger all to do with cuts or even the economy.
Oh doesn't it? Who is raising tuition fees? Who is cutting the motivation subsidies?

Scotland never wanted to be part of the United Kingdom of Great Britain. It was enforced, much like Ireland was. Read up on your history Sir.. and next time you wish to refer to me, use a different term than idiot, plebian.

Ha, that's rich. England never wanted Scotland to join either!

I assume you know of the Darian scheme and the subsequent bankruptcy of Scotland, their subsequent request to King James (Scottish King that was on the thrones of both England and Scotland) at the time to form a Union to cover of Scotlands enourmous debts and the fact the Scottish Parliament passed the legislation needed for the Union before the English Parliament was even consulted?

No?
In that time it was politics that the "king" decided on quite a few laws and then "told" the parliament of them.

Then you "Sir", need to read up your history.
edit on 10/8/11 by stumason because: (no reason given)

The reason that Torqpoc used the "Sir" in a degrading manner is the fact that you had the nerve of calling him an idiot, without showing any respect towards a fellow forum user and for that i refuse to call you by your nickname!
Goodday to you "sir"

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wo0kiEE

www.dailymail.co.uk...

It is not the best report indeed, however it does ring quite true.
There has indeed been decline social behavior from children since the introduction of pupil rights.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   

made me chuckle

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Wo0kiEE

ghehehehehheeheheheheheheeeheheheheheheeeeehheheeeeeeeehehe
Ooh that is a real good one, where did you find that one?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by KhaliWitch
reply to post by Wo0kiEE

One of my favorite sites for humour and silliness Break
edit on 10-8-2011 by Wo0kiEE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Yeah, there's not much to be proud about being British this morning.

Except maybe that only in this GREAT country and Union would groups of individuals band together, put aside their differences, and not just protect their areas from the looters but take direct action against them.

This happened in many areas last night yet MSM are reluctant to report it.

I wonder why?

As for being 'the outcast of Europe' - I and the vast majority of Brits only wish that this were true, we want nothing to do with the EU and all it's inherent corruption and authoritarian dictates.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Yes I was actually using the fact that Britain is no longer referred to as Great Britain because it isn't "great" anymore. It isn't. Great Britain used as a term to define a sporting team is not the same as being used to define a country. As for sporting teams, I can only laugh at Great Britain's sporting accomplishments in the last 10 years. I personally think the shift in the use of Britain versus Great Britain is a significant one, hence the point I was making. You didn't like it, it would seem, however I don't resort to saying you are ignorant and stupid do I?

As for your rendition of the social issues in the UK, you're not quite seeing the big picture in my honest opinion and only blaming the effect and not the cause. Why do you think education and unemployment are so high? From your own words it would seem you blame the parents, but unless I’m mistaken, their parents came before them, and their own parents too. So if we go back a generation, or two, we can see a completely different social system and less “yobbishness”, which would imply that either people devolved, or the state did. With just a simple overview of the history of the UK in the last 50 years you can quite easily see the cause, and subsequently the effect.

The reasons the country is in the state it is in is quite simple: A poorly organised social system which breeds plebeians. If the welfare state were more rigid, people who be forced to seek employment or education. If the education system were geared towards actually educating people, they wouldn't need to be on welfare. It isn't a chicken and egg situation here, it IS the governments fault the country is in the state it is in. Naivety is one thing, but your views on why we are in the situation we are in today would seem to imply it's up to the individuals who have very little power and say and cannot even attempt to control their fates other than being slaves to their emotions.

Yes I am fully aware of Scotland and England's history. You are not going back quite far enough, you would actually have to start at Roman times to get a full picture, but that's probably another topic for another thread.

I think this is going to be my last response to you Sir. I don't quite like your tone or posting mannerisms, i'm also quite ashamed you are a part of the Order. So please do feel free to respond in an even more aggressive manner, i'm sure it will make your ego feel so much better, right?

T

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   

reply to post by Wo0kiEE

One of my favorite sites for humour and silliness Break

I took a quick peek and i like that site especially the pissed off parrot hihi

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Dear Freeborn,
Actually there were reports in the MSN about the broom cleaning teams, groups of people protecting their areas, homesteads, temples and such. Sadly the MSM seemed to slant towards the work done by Asian groups, I am sure there is some reasoning behind that.

As to your comments about "outcasts of Europe", that was from one of my posts so I’ll take the opportunity to respond. Your comments are part and parcel of why the UK is in the state it is in today. You praise "bands of people coming together" but limit this to the country. It is the slightly ingrained xenophobic Brit which dislikes Europe that creates some of the cultural and social problems that exist today.

Do you truly believe the French and Germans wanted to be part of the European Union too? I'm talking about the people not the government here. I can honestly and safely tell you that no, they did not. The main difference is though that their governments' belief in the system carried enough weight to unite the people. Here in the UK the government shunned the idea from the outset, further instilling this derogatory view the average Brit has of Europe.

You love to visit it, you love to eat it's food, you love to even move there, yet you shun it because you're "British" and too good for it. It's a nationalistic arrogance which makes the rest of the European Union view Britain as an offshoot, a red-headed stepchild that no one truly wants to deal with. If you're happy with that perception, great! Personally I don't think it's a good one.

Sure the European Union isn't exactly the best thing since sliced bread, nor is it economically stable it would seem, but it's a bigger entity than just being a Brit, or a Frenchie, or whatever. People need to start stepping outside their boxes and starting to see the world with a wider point of view and not continuing or promoting this sense of derision from generation to generation.

T

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I wish Holland had been so stubborn, since the euro has been introduced the prices for food and everything else has tripled.
Our salaries aren't rising enough to compensate and Medical care is atrociously expensive!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by torqpoc

Unfortunately you are quite correct un your assessment that the government has coralled us into the eurozone, had we known what we know no we would not have let them!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   

I took a quick peek and i like that site especially the pissed off parrot hihi

have to say even before I jump on ATS for the day I visit break for some humour to make me smile throughout the day stuck in the office

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by torqpoc

The reason this country is in the mess it's in is the ongoing programme of social engineering, the dumbing down of society through MSM and the National Curriculum, the creation of a mediocracy and a distinct under-class with few aspirations other than minimum wage jobs or benefits, the open door immigration policy and the influence of P.C. do-gooders who have directed and at times dictated social policy.

When allied to carear politicians whose only interests are personal gain and advancement and an electoral and parliamentary system that puts more focus on adherence to party line and political dogma rather than the well being and interests of the electorate, this has all contributed to the breakdown of the family unit and the gradual deconstruction of the very fabric of British society.

This has produced a generation where a large percentage have no morals or scruples and hold no allegiance to anything or anyone at all.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Wo0kiEE

Yeah a day without laughter is a day not lived to the fullest

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   

reply to post by Wo0kiEE

Yeah a day without laughter is a day not lived to the fullest

Kinda like music, can't go a day without it

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   

www.dailymail.co.uk...

"This is not, however, because they are victims of mistreatment or neglect.

It is because it is fantastically hard to help such people, young or old, without imposing a measure of compulsion which modern society finds unacceptable. These kids are what they are because nobody makes them be anything different or better.

A key factor in delinquency is lack of effective sanctions to deter it. From an early stage, feral children discover that they can bully fellow pupils at school, shout abuse at people in the streets, urinate outside pubs, hurl litter from car windows, play car radios at deafening volumes, and, indeed, commit casual assaults with only a negligible prospect of facing rebuke, far less retribution."

Quoted for truth.

If there are no consequences for an action there is no incentive not to do it. Having been a victim of both vehicle crime and home burglary in the past, our reaction as a society to these crimes is telling. From the police, it is a crime reference number and "we will call you if we hear anything, but don't expect much" and from regular people it is "you are insured aren't you, whats the problem?"

If we had remained tough on "lesser" crimes we wouldn't be in the position we are in now.
edit on 10/8/11 by cheesyleps because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesyleps

Ello Cheesy

Like I said wasn't teh best post but some of it ringed true, least I thought it did in some respects

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Wo0kiEE

That is the truth! You have to enjoy every little thing cos it's over before you know it.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesyleps

I agree with you, if you let the law slip, crimes goes up!!

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join