It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London riots spreading to Birmingham, Leeds

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Reports are coming in:

Confirmed by the BBC - stabbings in London, a shooting in Leeds, suggestions of looting / vandalism in Birmingham - rumours all over twitter about muggings in other towns too.

I'm going to try and use this thread to report on anything outside of London. Please use this thread to provide links on any other UK towns.

--

Some links:

BBCNews BBC News
Signs of #riots spreading as reports come in of stand-off between masked youths & police in Birmingham bbc.in...
5 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

twitter.com...#!/search/birmingham%20riots

--

www.lakewoodlocal.com...

Stabbing in London

--

www.west-midlands.police.uk...

Press release from Birmingham police

West Midlands Police are aware of some disorder in Birmingham city centre.

Several premises in the centre have been attacked with some shop windows smashed and property stolen in various locations.

ACC Sharon Rowe said: "We will not tolerate mindless violence and damage anywhere in the West Midlands and are working to ensure that the offenders are identified and caught as soon as possible.

"A policing operation is in place with extra officers in Birmingham to restore calm in the city centre, and protect local people and businesses.

"Our communities have made it clear to us that they do not want this kind of violence in their city and we will continue to work with them to bring anybody who commits acts of crime or anti-social behaviour to justice as soon as possible."

edit on 11/8/11 by masqua because: Bradford removed from title per author request since it was based on a rumour only.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Alleged images from Birmingham

yfrog.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Something I've been wondering for a lil while....

How did someone get shot? Aren't there no guns carried by civilians and police in UK (excluding criminals and military of course...)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by EmVeeFF

How did someone get shot? Aren't there no guns carried by civilians and police in UK (excluding criminals and military of course...)

About 5 million illegal guns on the street I think. Someone can correct that figure

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

Doubt it's anywhere near that high. Most of the guns on Britains streets are very old or are converted replicas.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Reports on Twitter are now saying Essex may be next?

the riots have spread to leeds, birmingham and essex? what is this like a trend now?

twitter.com...#!/search/essex%20riots

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I think what's worrying is that it's still light out

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
The reason all of this rioting started was over the police shooting a man the other day, apparently they found a gun on him or in his house. I'm not sure of the exact details but guns are quite common in certain areas of London and the north of England. The town I live in has a shop that sells guns, albeit air guns, but I've heard they can be altered to do serious damage.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by EmVeeFF

plenty of special armed respone units in the UK.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Yeah this is pretty nuts.
Though I am sure I just heard that a sandwich shop in Birmingham got raided....that I am sure sums up these crazy folks.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Not worried....I don't live near an electrical store, trainer shop or mobile phone store.
Robbing little bastards.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
i will try not to swear, what the fing heck is going on!!!!!

PLease UK what the hell guys?!!!!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
On my way to town now, to stop some silly friends getting them selves arrested, I'll take some piks and gives yous an account when Im back..............If Im back lol.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sophiehelene
The reason all of this rioting started was over the police shooting a man the other day, apparently they found a gun on him or in his house. I'm not sure of the exact details but guns are quite common in

The reason is that we have bred brainless yobs.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

That is true too, they're using this boys death and an excuse and it's vile.

link   
I'm not saying these riots are justified, because they never are.

But

The bullet in the Radio was police issue.

link   
birminghamriots2011.tumblr.com...

Pics and reports of the events in Birmingham.

link   
Now you know how Vancouver felt.

people, as things get gradually worse, we can expect this to not only spread, but intensify.

+30 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
On the third day of riots,my true love gave to me,three Nike trainers, two gregg sandwiches and a Samsung HDTV !!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ispyed
On the third day of riots,my true love gave to me,three Nike trainers, two gregg sandwiches and a Samsung HDTV !!

I might start looting in Burnley. House was struck directly by Lightning the other night and my TV died, took me 24 hours to get the internet back

Could do with a new one
edit on 8-8-2011 by NadaCambia because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join