It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims Are Loyal to U.S. And Hopeful, Poll Finds

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Muslims in the US indeed may be. They are largely the cream of the cake, westernized muslim elite with money and education. The US location itself is the filter - transatlantic flight costs far more than immigration to Europe.

Of course this has nothing in common with lower-class less educated muslim immigrants flooding Europe, which are far more radical, not to mention muslim home countries, where extremism is often the norm.

edit on 4/8/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/8/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Extremism is the norm in majority muslim countries? What do you consider extremism??

If it's the norm then it's not extremism now is it?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Unfortunately, your logical and fact driven argument will fall on deaf ears. White Americans and Europeans are so scared of "The other" (in this case, Muslims) that in their own minds, they justify the actions of people like Brevik. It doesn't matter than 95% of terrorist acts committed in the borders of the US are done by far right wing militia types. The response I have seen to the Brevik shootings has been by far and away the most disgusting reactions I've ever seen from ATS. It's sad to say that 50%+ of the posters on here most likely support his actions (although they would never dare say it to their face). I just hope one day that they will be alive to see the coming generation (my generation) embrace multiculturalism and treat the old guard's pathetic xenophobia as what it is: pathetic garbage from a toilet dump.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by Maslo

Extremism is the norm in majority muslim countries? What do you consider extremism??

If it's the norm then it's not extremism now is it?

Extremism from our western point of view.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

I have a western point of view, with an Islamic point of reference. Let me tell you, so you know:

What people have labeled "islamic extremism" is nothing more than a perverse misinterpretation of existing revelation used by people with either NOTHING to live for, or people with too much ego looking for monetary gain. Sorry but the MAJORITY of muslims are the opposite of "extremist". If 10% of muslims were "extremists" that would be 170 MILLION people down with blowing themselves up. That sounds like enough people to end the entire world off of suicide bombings if you ask me.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Religion is stupid anyways.

I wish there was no such thing to be honest.

It causes more problems than it resolves...

Down with religion.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Muslims are loyal to Allah and not America.
Muslims are loyal to their God and their false prophet that is all.

edit on 4-8-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by BillyBoBBizWorth

I recently authored a thread, called "Imagine a world without weapons..." wherein I expressed a wish that weapons were never invented. It's too late for our wishes, we have to take the lemons we've been faced with and make either lemonade, or lemon meringue pie.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by meathed
Muslims are loyal to Allah and not America.
Muslims are loyal to their God and their false prophet that is all.

Well, considering you used the word "false" I'm gonna assume that you are religious. Are you not then Loyal to your Lord?

I find it imbecilic that people act like it's wrong for one to be committed to his/her Lord. Especially when (despite what you've heard) we aren't commanded to take arms against non Muslims. We ARE commanded to defend ourselves, and the verse goes on to clarify that it's ONLY when we are ATTACKED first. Bla bla bla. Point is, what's wrong with being Loyal to my Lord, and why can I not ALSO be loyal to America?

A country, and God are two different things you know. GOD bless AMERICA...

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Im not religious.
So all religion is false in my books.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by meathed

In that case then it's no need to single out the Prophet Muhammad is there? I guess you're just in the business of taking shots and not having intelligent dialogue right?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

You're doing such a great job battling ignorance and intolerance in this thread my friend, really nice work. If only more people would listen to what you're saying. It's really scary how many stars some of the more offensive posts have received.

Cheers mate!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   

I recently authored a thread, called "Imagine a world without weapons..." wherein I expressed a wish that weapons were never invented. It's too late for our wishes, we have to take the lemons we've been faced with and make either lemonade, or lemon meringue pie.

I like lemon meringue pie.

I understand what your saying and as true as it is.

It still doesnt mean we cant change it.
edit on 4-8-2011 by BillyBoBBizWorth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by BillyBoBBizWorth

then we would be creatures that would have a very short life span.

i disagree, we are taking a fine burgandy and making vinegar.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

So what constitutes as battle or to bring peace...?

Can they lie to the west in order to gain the upper hand, kill them all and then have peace...? lol

Truthfully, I lost all respect I had "if any at all", when a group of muslim boys took a ride to a local beach Australia, abused and assaulted serveral young women wearing bikini's (because it shamed Allah), then started the biggest race riot we have ever had here in AU..

Then a Muslim cleric condoned their actions and quoted that Australian women should expect muslim men to rape them because they dress like whores and advertise themselves for rape...lol

SO how come regular western guys can sit on a beach without raping these girls, while a muslim man must summon all his self control not to...

Muslims are nothing but panty waste..!!
edit on 8/4/2011 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

It is a true statement folks. Muslims are no different than the rest of us. They just want to live and be let alone.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
reply to post by sir_slide

Polls are BULL they take maybe 20 people find out what they say or whatever then they do a little math and decide for the whole country its pretty pathetic actually

Please do some reading before making posts like these, it makes you look rather daft. Try starting at the OP.

link   
double post
edit on 4-8-2011 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

link   
WHOA triple post!!!
edit on 4-8-2011 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Ironclad

You're referencing Cronulla? Seriously dude.

What about the Aussies who went around stomping every person who looked remotely middle eastern for the next couple of weeks. I've seen the footage, didn't seem to bring that up did you? What happened was a few guys beat up a lifeguard, the response was absolutely disgusting, one of the worst things I've seen in my life.

Heres some facts, a few Lebanese guys beat up a lifeguard, in response an army of surfers and locals went around the town literally brutalizing any body who remotely resembled someone of middle eastern appearance. That is disgusting and the behavior of the mob was far worse than a couple of guys beating up a lifeguard.

People like you really need to see it for what it really was, an absolute disgrace on the part of the mob, not the Lebanese guys.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join