It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims Are Loyal to U.S. And Hopeful, Poll Finds

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis
reply to post by edog11

I gave you a star - for acknowledging the truth of this situation

To those who are countering the trolls and bigots, please stop wasting your energy. They are not worth it, not by a long shot. They will fear Islam no matter what you tell them, they are just silly little people who don't know how to function without fear and hatred.

To this I say - no dice. It doesn't go away if we choose to ignore it. Like it or not, ATS is mainstream now. The demographics are pretty much the same as in 'the real world'.

So, this is our world. The problem doesn't disappear because we choose to ignore it.

Ultimately, the only way they can win is by default.
edit on 8/8/2011 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

Now this I definitely agree with, I think that the more preconceptions about islam are challenged the more we can move into a far more tolerant world for everyone. All these people picking apart the Koran and trying to find passages that are wrong with it are really missing the point here......majorly missing the point and further reinforcing their prejudice in the eyes of ATS. I have certainly remembered who has said what.....

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
It is funny to see people acting as if Muslims in America are a 5th column waiting to take over the Republics. Remeber the US thought the same thing about the German, the Japanese, the Communists and the Chinese. On none of these occasions were they sleeper cells. What makes muslims different? Is it because most of them are brown? I don't get it.

People have these preconceptions. I have many muslim freinds and I have never heard them say anything racist, in fact they are completely against it. Are my freinds lying to me waiting to kill me? It's rediculous that some here actually believe that BS.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

No its rediculous that someone such as yourself can be so opinionated without knowing what your talking about!

You are obviously talking from personal experience only and are not globally aware, you may want to do some research first before ranting next time, try starting with their caliphate, or not.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by lestweforget

what khalifa? that was taken care of almost 100 years ago, and you still consider it a threat? the role of a khalifa, despite what you've convinced yourself to thin, is not to help muslims achieve world domination, it's simply to unite muslims. kinda like the pope for the catholics.

peace

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Check my posting history, you will see I have thoruoughly researched the Muslim world. I'm sorry but your fearmongering is just not scaring me. I will give you an oppurtunity to show me why it should be though. Tell me why are muslims so bad?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

You think its christians in the streets in london at the moment?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

lol it's multiple faiths in the streets of london and the reason isn't religion either. you're a bad troll.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

As pointed out is multiple faiths and ethnicitys. Many are Afircan christians just so you know. Anyway do you think it was muslims rioting in Vancouver a few months ago?

That point is completely irrelevant. Try again.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Im not trolling at all, im making a valid point.
It is my opinion that there is not only a global agenda by islam, there is a global agenda by TPTB that use islams motives to further their own. Muslims are being used and are just as much pawns in their plan as non muslims.
Hence the orchestrated expansion of muslims into europe and the west.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

what khalifa? that was taken care of almost 100 years ago, and you still consider it a threat? the role of a khalifa, despite what you've convinced yourself to thin, is not to help muslims achieve world domination, it's simply to unite muslims. kinda like the pope for the catholics. peace

Um yeah, simply to unite muslims - who do you think you are kidding!? (again)

Egyptian Cleric Salem Abu Al-Futuh: We Will Conquer Italy and the Rest of Europe, as Well as North and South America; The West Will Convert to Islam Al-Nas TV (Egypt) - August 18, 2010 - 01:53
www.memritv.org...

ran and Turkey are pitted in a battle for influence in the Arab world, a report said. The report by the Jerusalem Center for Public Affairs asserted that Iran and Turkey were vying for control over the Middle East. The report by former U.S. defense official Harold Rhode said Turkey sought to represent the Sunni majority in the Middle East while Iran was focusing on the Shi’ites. Iran, Turkey Compete to Establish new Caliphate for Muslim World – Grendel Report

WASHINGTON – Iran's Ayatollah Khamenei yesterday called on Muslim nations around the world to unite militarily in response to the imminent coming of Islam's messianic savior – the Mahdi. Khamenei, through his spokesman Ali Saeedi, specifically beckoned the nations of Turkey, Iraq, Lebanon, Pakistan and Afghanistan to join together with Iran in preparation for the Mahdi's soon coming. The purpose of uniting now, a report in Al Arabiya explained, is to fight Israel and the U.S. – seen as the two greatest obstacles to the coming of the Mahdi and the age of Islamic "justice" that would ensue. Read more: Ayatollah sees global Islamic 'Mahdi' army www.wnd.com...

A 2009 article in the Middle East Quarterly by Rachel Sharon-Krespin titled "Fethullah Gulen's Grand Ambition" quotes sermons delivered by Gulen on Turkish television in 1999 which provide insights into his methods.

"You must move in the arteries of the system without anyone noticing your existence until you reach all the power centers ... until the conditions are ripe, they [the followers] must continue like this. If they do something prematurely, the world will crush our heads, and Muslims will suffer everywhere, like in the tragedies in Algeria, like in 1982 [in] Syria ... like in the yearly disasters and tragedies in Egypt. The time is not yet right. You must wait for the time when you are complete and conditions are ripe, until we can shoulder the entire world and carry it ... You must wait until such time as you have gotten all the state power, until you have brought to your side all the power of the constitutional institutions in Turkey ... Until that time, any step taken would be too early-like breaking an egg without waiting the full forty days for it to hatch. It would be like killing the chick inside. The work to be done is [in] confronting the world. Now, I have expressed my feelings and thoughts to you all-in confidence ... trusting your loyalty and secrecy. I know that when you leave here-[just] as you discard your empty juice boxes, you must discard the thoughts and the feelings that I expressed here."

www.americanthinker.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

what about the orchestrated expansion of christians into the americas? was that planned by tptb as well? do you think before you speak?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

...I think that the more preconceptions about islam are challenged the more we can move into a far more tolerant world for everyone.

it's a nice idea - seems almost doable

boy, we'd be a special kind of monkey then

:-)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

:-)

you're a bad troll.

that was worth the price of admission

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by JohhnyBGood

all of these "muslim leaders" you quoted are irrelevant to me, and the majority of mulims in america because:

1. that guy from egypt in the first quote is known to have some screws loose.

2. the only people that listen to the ayatollah are irani shi'a muslims because he's, well, an irani shi'a leader.

3. who on Gods earth is "gulen"?

find somebody who means something to me and other muslims speaking like that, such as hisham kabbani, hamza yusuf, usama canon, zaid shakir, imran hussein, or somebody who people actually listen to and take wise word from. not some crazed 'in it for the money' "muslim leader".

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by lestweforget

No its rediculous that someone such as yourself can be so opinionated without knowing what your talking about!

You are obviously talking from personal experience only and are not globally aware, you may want to do some research first before ranting next time, try starting with their caliphate, or not.

That is just priceless!

I'd be interested to know where you've been in the world lestweforget, canada?

Seriously man your passionate hate for islam is well known by now so there is an obvious bias there, making your argument hold no water at all, seriously dude.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Seems like you are not very well informed about majorleaders in the Islamic world - no surprise since i have allready caught you out telling several lies and misdirections on this thread already - you are nothing but a rather bad Islamic shill.

Beginning in the 1970's, Gulen began establishing a worldwide network to promote Islam and Turkish nationalism. His followers have since established hundreds of schools in over 110 countries. Gulenists operate an Islamic bank with over $5 billion in assets and own significant print and broadcast media properties, NGOs, think tanks and a publishing company. Gulen recruits Turkish youth by providing housing and education and grooms them for careers in the legal, political and academic professions. In recent years, the AKP passed legislation allowing graduates of Islamic high schools entry into Turkey's universities, guaranteeing Islamist leadership in the future.

Gulen controls the majority of schools, universities and dormitories throughout Turkey. His followers remain loyal and donate up to one-third of their income to the movement. In Turkey, Gulen and the AKP together control the police, the intelligence services and the media and actively recruit diplomats for their utility as foreign intelligence satellites. Overall, the holdings are valued at up to $50 billion. Members of the Gulen movement extend Turkey's influence across the globe and occupy important positions running several media outlets and controlling multiple organizations that facilitate the dissemination of their message worldwide. A visit to a Gulen interfaith and cultural center in Houston illustrates the politically attuned nature of the movement.

www.americanthinker.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood
Seems like you are not very well informed about majorleaders in the Islamic world - no surprise since i have allready caught you out telling several lies and misdirections on this thread already - you are nothing but a rather bad Islamic shill.

no, i'm just not turkish. maybe you just don't know as much about islam as you think you do, or maybe you're just not all there, but there is no clergy in islam. after the death of the prophet, and the screw up in regards to his successor thus causing the sunni and shi'a schism, the one thing muslims all agree on is there won't be an actual "leader of the muslims" until the emergence of imam mahdi.

but i'll engage your little bit of bait - what lies and misdirections have i brought out on this thread you troll?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

You can't expect rational thought and honest critical analysis from irrational xenophobes

The study is very interesting and hopefully it will show people there isn't much difference between a Muslim American and the rest of us. The incredibly overwhelming majority are just trying to make their way in this country like all of us are.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

You can't expect rational thought and honest critical analysis from irrational xenophobes

The study is very interesting and hopefully it will show people there isn't much difference between a Muslim American and the rest of us. The incredibly overwhelming majority are just trying to make their way in this country like all of us are.

true you are. i seem to forget who i am aimlessly debating with on this thread. however now my character has been attacked more than once so i guess my ego has come into play and is keeping me here.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood

no, i'm just not turkish. maybe you just don't know as much about islam as you think you do, or maybe you're just not all there, but there is no clergy in islam. after the death of the prophet, and the screw up in regards to his successor thus causing the sunni and shi'a schism, the one thing muslims all agree on is there won't be an actual "leader of the muslims" until the emergence of imam mahdi.

but i'll engage your little bit of bait - what lies and misdirections have i brought out on this thread you troll?

You tried to use the well known trick of muslim decievers of passing of the abrogated verse 'there is no compulsion in religion' as though it was mainstream - when you know full well that it is not!

You then tried to pass of another verse as extolling freedom of thought when it means just the opposite!

And now you are trying to pretend that Islam and a renewed caliphate has no designs on world domination!

No-one can be that ignorant of Islam - even if they are from some tiny minority sect - therfore you are simply yet another deciever trying to keep the infidel frogs sleeping a while longer whilst islamicists are busily burrowing and infiltrating into the enemy systems!

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join