It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims Are Loyal to U.S. And Hopeful, Poll Finds

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Muslims Are Loyal to U.S. And Hopeful, Poll Finds

www.nytimes.com

A decade after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, a Gallup poll released Tuesday found that the vast majority of Muslim Americans say they are loyal to the United States and optimistic about the future, even though they are more likely than other religious groups to say they recently experienced discrimination.

Nine out of 10 Muslim Americans said that their co-religionists in the United States were not sympathetic to Al Qaeda, the group held responsible for the 2001 attacks. Majorities in other religious groups agreed that Muslim Americans did not sympathize with Al Qaeda, but the percentages
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Here's a recent study that was conducted. I found many of the results surprising personally and I think others may too. I find people tend to be very cynical towards the Muslim community and many openly attack it.

Some may find that the results challenge their preconceptions about the Muslim community in the United States.

I'm going to post up some of the results from the study and a link so you can read it yourself. Excerpts are in no particular order

www.abudhabigallupcenter.com...

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

It seems the pictures are a little out of whack, sorry about that people.
edit on 2-8-2011 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
You can show all the pie charts and poll results you like, doesnt change the fact that a muslim will tell a non muslim anything, a lie that benefits islam it is not a sin.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by lestweforget

Just the kind of preconceptions I was talking about. You should actually have a look at the study instead of choosing to ignore it.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Where was the poll question, If the US went to war with all of Islam, since you reside in the US would you defend the Republic?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by lestweforget
You can show all the pie charts and poll results you like, doesnt change the fact that a muslim will tell a non muslim anything, a lie that benefits islam it is not a sin.

There are only three separate occasions they are allowed to lie. Muslims are allowed to only lie during battle, essentially in war. Muslims are allowed to lie in order to bring peace between two people, and also when a wife and husband are fighting with each other and they lie to bring about an end to their problems.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Here is someone ACTUALLY denying ignorance, nice one mate!

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

Thanks for posting this.

I'm not thoroughly convinced I believe it all 100% but it does give an interesting perspective.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

Interesting poll. I don't think the problem is homegrown Muslims. It's been shown to be for the most part Radical Muslims from Arab countries are the primary purveyors and financial supporters of Terrorism. Only about 25% of the American Muslim population is Arab, most of whom fled their countries for the chance to live in America. American Muslims aren't the problem, don't treat them as one.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Prepare for all the bogus "taqiya" accusations. You can show some people the most obvious sign that muslims aren't out to get them, and they'll find some way to discredit it.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
What they say is not what they believe in many cases

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
Prepare for all the bogus "taqiya" accusations. You can show some people the most obvious sign that muslims aren't out to get them, and they'll find some way to discredit it.

And that my friend is the sad thing.

You have white people of Christian faith openly attacking and insulting in a larger majority of people and yet nobody bats an eyelid (WBC as just one of many examples) yet someone of a different faith and skin colour in most cases (because Muslims aren't just one colour as you well know) are put into a corner and belittled or shown hate and fear for doing nothing wrong.

Hell, I'm a white man of no faith and yet when I grew my beard long a few times because it looked cool and as a fashion statement over the years, I had comments even from my only family that I looked like "a terrorist" or "Osama Bin Laden", blatant stereotyping in other words. That opened my eyes a little to what you and your brothers in faith must go through a lot of the time and it's very unfortunate.

In fact, I had my beard tied up most of the time as per the style I wanted, which was similar to this and nothing "Muslim-esque" about it:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
The potential for terrorism is lurking underneath. The infiltration plan calls for them to be peaceful at first to build numbers.....then BOOM!

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
The potential for terrorism is lurking underneath. The infiltration plan calls for them to be peaceful at first to build numbers.....then BOOM!

Where is this plan written?
How was it conveyed to all 1.7 billion of us?
Did you take your pills?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jondave

What do you mean by that? Please elaborate.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

What plan are you referring to? You're acting as if all Muslims are sleeper agents just waiting for the right moment to strike or something, how ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

are put into a corner and belittled or shown hate and fear for doing nothing wrong.

I must believe you're serious about this statement.
I mean really, "nothing wrong"?
Next we would believe that lion will sleep next to the lamb.
As someone said, the muslims from US are not the same as the muslims from arab countries.

And if the time will come and some war will start with some arab country, I promise you, we'll all see where their devotion lies.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Jesus christ is your only chance my friend, you only have to ask for forgiveness and he will forgive you!

The path of intolerance you have chosen will only lead to one place. If you truly seek a heaven and eternal life, it is through christ alone, but there are no mansions full of virgins there that i am aware of.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by lestweforget
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Jesus christ is your only chance my friend, you only have to ask for forgiveness and he will forgive you!

The path of intolerance you have chosen will only lead to one place. If you truly seek a heaven and eternal life, it is through christ alone, but there are no mansions full of virgins there that i am aware of.

Problems with your post:

1) I'm not intolerant at all.
2) I love Jesus, I just don't see him in the same stance that you do.
3) We don't believe that heaven is a place of endless virgins, despite what you've heard.
4) You're one of those same losers who will turn around and say we muslims are all about converting people.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

It is sad isn't it.

I can really sympathize with the muslim community,. I was in India a few years back with a friend who decided to grow his beard while over there, well after a month or so he had a full blown Arabic looking beard. While in a barber somewhere he got a hair cut and the guy gave him a to the skin head shave, needless to say he looked like he was Muslim. Everywhere we went we got angry looks and nasty stares from people, ALL THE TIME and this was in India. Obviously there is a lot of tension there between the Hindu's and Muslims, but it was outrageous. I can only imagine what it must be like to be a Muslim woman with head garb catching a train in America.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join