It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims Are Loyal to U.S. And Hopeful, Poll Finds

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

Ok......you can shapeyour view of Islam from the few moderate muslims that will talk to you and the odd TV clip.

I will take mine from what their leaders actually say and do!

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by JohhnyBGood

So - an impasse?

:-)

Well, I guess I'm not surprised. We will agree to disagree then.

First - thank you for actually replying - that tells me something about you. Something good

then, it is worth noting that political and religious leaders are always blathering on about something. There are always people who will listen to them and decide what they say is true.

It doesn't necessarily mean anything - and I am fairly certain you understand what I'm saying. You don't need me to point this out

Freedom of thought - it is freedom. But, it requires some personal discipline in order for it to be useful

and Johhny - watch your blood pressure

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
All it takes to mobilise, dominate and maintain control of an entire population are about 5-10% of people with firm decisive convictions. Similar to the situation that existed in pre war Nazi Germany.

The world is full of examplesof whole populations cowed and brainwashed into craven submission by the lunatic beliefs of a realatively small elites - particulary when backed up by comprehensive ideologly as in Stalinist Russia, communist China, NK, 12'ver Iran.

And that is why you ought to pay carfull attention to what the leaders of these states actually say and do - when they believe no-one is paying attention - it simply doesn't matter what the mass of the population actually wants!

And my blood pressure is fine, thanks for your concern - you are perhaps mistaking firm opinions arising from moral clarity - for those of a frothing at the mouth lunatic.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

some stuff just seems obvious though - doesn't it?

nice thread you're running here

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

Absolutely!

Oh and thank you, trying my best here!

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Doesn't surprise me any. The media has always had a love affair with Islam.

You know, how when someone places a crucifix in a jar of urine, the media will bellow loudly about art or freedom of expression. Same with elephant dung on a picture of the Virgin Mary. It is art and must be protected.

Let someone draw a cartoon of Mohammed and the media gets it's collective panties in a bunch about hate speech other such nonsense.

Is it any wonder the general populace doesn't trust the media these days? Or any of the polls they put out?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by lestweforget
You can show all the pie charts and poll results you like, doesnt change the fact that a muslim will tell a non muslim anything, a lie that benefits islam it is not a sin.

and you would know this being a muslim yourself...? I dont think you need to focus on muslim to define the above statement... Dont christians lie too, or white people or yellow people. You are making no point....

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

Originally posted by lestweforget
You can show all the pie charts and poll results you like, doesnt change the fact that a muslim will tell a non muslim anything, a lie that benefits islam it is not a sin.

and you would know this being a muslim yourself...? I dont think you need to focus on muslim to define the above statement... Dont christians lie too, or white people or yellow people. You are making no point....

He would know it because he has no doubt bothered to actually read the Koran (unlike yourself) - in which lying and deception are specifically permitted and even mandated - unlike as far as I know any other religion!

So yes he is making a point ie that no islamic 'spokespersons' word should ever be taken at face value - because rather than tell you a truth that would reflect badly on Islam he is permitted/required to decieve you.

The Qur'an:

Qur'an (16:106) - Establishes that there are circumstances that can "compel" a Muslim to tell a lie. Qur'an (3:28) - This verse tells Muslims not to take those outside the faith as friends, unless it is to "guard themselves."
Qur'an (9:3) - "...Allah and His Messenger are free from liability to the idolaters..." The dissolution of oaths with the pagans who remained at Mecca following its capture. They did nothing wrong, but were evicted anyway.

Qur'an (40:28) - A man is introduced as a believer, but one who must "hide his faith" among those who are not believers

. Qur'an (2:225) - "Allah will not call you to account for thoughtlessness in your oaths, but for the intention in your hearts" The context of this remark is marriage, which explains why Sharia allows spouses to lie to each other for the greater good.

Qur'an (66:2) - "Allah has already ordained for you, (O men), the dissolution of your oaths"

Qur'an (3:54) - "And they (the disbelievers) schemed, and Allah schemed (against them): and Allah is the best of schemers." The Arabic word used here for scheme (or plot) is makara, which literally means deceit. If Allah is deceitful toward unbelievers, then there is little basis for denying that Muslims are allowed to do the same. (See also 8:30 and 10:21) Taken collectively these verses are interpreted to mean that there are circumstances when a Muslim may be "compelled" to deceive others for a greater purpose.

www.thereligionofpeace.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

tHe would know it because he has no doubt bothered to actually read the Koran (unlike yourself) - in which lying and deception are specifically permitted and even mandated - unlike as far as I know any other religion! So yes he is making a point ie that no islamic 'spokespersons' word should ever be taken at face value - because rather than tell you a truth that would reflect badly on Islam he is permitted/required to decieve you.

You are wrong in your presumption. I have read from the Koran. No I never finished it, its pretty hard reading...
But let me try and understand you, you really think that muslims lie more because it says so in their book... Using your logic all these Christian Nations would be turning their other cheeks and forgiving their neighbours. Not going half way around the world in a perpetual state of war...
Christianity is as much about lies as any other religion it is built upon a dogma of lies, used to control peeps....

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

you really think that muslims lie more because it says so in their book.

Duh....yes! But more to the point, Islam is a sort of monomania - in that there is only one value, the triumph and spread of Islam. That is the standard by which everything is measured. not truth, justice, fairness, kindness, logic, rationality or any of the things Western civilisation holds sacred.

If it is in the Koran, Hadith or an example from Mo's life then its OK! - and that pretty much makes anything permissible if it can be construed as advancing the cause of Islam.

Using your logic all these Christian Nations would be turning their other cheeks and forgiving their neighbours.

True I suppose ...........except there are no 'Christian nations' are there! - we are secular democracys mostly.

Not going half way around the world in a perpetual state of war... Christianity is as much about lies as any other religion it is built upon a dogma of lies, used to control peeps....

Just about every current conflict on the planet involves Muslims as one of the protagonists (22 out of 24 I believe)
And Islam has been murdering and slaughtering its way across the planet from its very inception - as per the command of the Koran!

As for Christianity - sure it is a mind virus that mostly the western world has now become immune to - Islam is the latest and far more virulent strain of redeemer god monotheism to plague us!

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join