It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Muslims Are Loyal to U.S. And Hopeful, Poll Finds

page: 14
19
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
So there is nothing wrong with killing 3.000+ of our own citizen to use as a pretext to invade Afghanistan and Iraq which resulted in the killing of hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians and coalition troops?

So there is nothing wrong with bombing entire villages and neighborhoods in other countries, killing tens, if not hundreds of thousands of of people, with maybe 5% of them being the terrorists our strike was "meant to take out" in the first place?

So there's nothing wrong with invading the air-space of multiple sovereign nations to rain down hellfire missiles on whatever the CIA deems "an enemy" (causing a lot of civilian casualties).

So there is nothing wrong with our SOC, DEVGRU and DELTA, SAS, KSK etc. killing Taliban and Al-CIAda/Qaida and doing so by "all means necessary", which includes by calling in air strikes to bomb entire compounds and villages filled with civilians?

So there is nothing wrong with the CIA supplying the insurgents with money and weapons via proxies like Saudi-Arabia to make sure they can continue fighting, giving us a reason to stay longer?

So there's nothing wrong with using the CIA's SAD and SOC to overthrow Islamic governments by spreading propaganda and assassinating head figures of that government?

And after all of that and more that we have pulled on them and continue to pull on them, we think it's strange that we are alienated from the Muslim world. Pretty ironic, no?

When was the last time that a Muslim nation did those things to us? On what scale? For how long?

But being a Muslim who has to flee his country because of all of this sh!t is taking it too far, eh?! Yeah. They are coming to get us! F*CK the fact that entire countries have been bombed back to the stone-age by us! The REAL aggressors are the ones dying by the thousands and FLEEING their countries, looking for a better future for because of something WE caused in the first damn place!

WE are out of control, NOT the Muslims! The sooner we all see that, the sooner we can affect change.


IT--




posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by edog11
So there is nothing wrong with killing 3.000+ of our own citizen to use as a pretext to invade Afghanistan and Iraq which resulted in the killing of hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians and coalition troops?

So there is nothing wrong with bombing entire villages and neighborhoods in other countries, killing tens, if not hundreds of thousands of of people, with maybe 5% of them being the terrorists our strike was "meant to take out" in the first place?

So there's nothing wrong with invading the air-space of multiple sovereign nations to rain down hellfire missiles on whatever the CIA deems "an enemy" (causing a lot of civilian casualties).

So there is nothing wrong with our SOC, DEVGRU and DELTA, SAS, KSK etc. killing Taliban and Al-CIAda/Qaida and doing so by "all means necessary", which includes by calling in air strikes to bomb entire compounds and villages filled with civilians?

So there is nothing wrong with the CIA supplying the insurgents with money and weapons via proxies like Saudi-Arabia to make sure they can continue fighting, giving us a reason to stay longer?

So there's nothing wrong with using the CIA's SAD and SOC to overthrow Islamic governments by spreading propaganda and assassinating head figures of that government?

And after all of that and more that we have pulled on them and continue to pull on them, we think it's strange that we are alienated from the Muslim world. Pretty ironic, no?

When was the last time that a Muslim nation did those things to us? On what scale? For how long?

But being a Muslim who has to flee his country because of all of this sh!t is taking it too far, eh?! Yeah. They are coming to get us! F*CK the fact that entire countries have been bombed back to the stone-age by us! The REAL aggressors are the ones dying by the thousands and FLEEING their countries, looking for a better future for because of something WE caused in the first damn place!

WE are out of control, NOT the Muslims! The sooner we all see that, the sooner we can affect change.


IT--



then wtf do they come here?!!!


run towards the fire!!!!!!

you are misinformed, not an idiot.
edit on 10-8-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by JohhnyBGood
 


*facepalm*

you have got to be kidding me...

just go read a real book and stay off jihadwatch.com

whatever other help it is that you need, I dont have it...

....wow



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by JohhnyBGood
 


*facepalm*

you have got to be kidding me...

just go read a real book and stay off jihadwatch.com

whatever other help it is that you need, I dont have it...

....wow


It is no use simply denying it - you have been caught out as a fraud a deciever and a lier - probably time to change names and adopt a new pretend 'moderate muslim persona to spread your lies.



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks
 


Other way round mate, You are misinformed. They come to the states for a better chance at life, for a 'free' life where they can live your American dream, that's why. Those options aren't available in a lot of cases in the middle east, maybe it would be possible if your military wasn't constantly occupying their cities......



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Im starting to think there should be a -star system, as in if you post rubbish you get a negative star, that would have helped throughout the thread, actually come to think of it.......maybe not

What do you think mind is mine? the last few pages are totally primed for a negative star!



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by JohhnyBGood
 


Actually none of those labels can be applied to the poster in which you addressed them, he is a well informed, rational, clear thinking and empathetic human who is only countering your ignorance and intolerance with some actual knowledge that some here (YOU) need to listen to. How dare you attack this member! I am personally offended by this! and before you start saying that I'm an islamic shill, I am an atheist.



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide
 


I love you for the content and awesomeness in your previous 3-4 posts.
2nd line.


IT--
edit on 10-8-2011 by edog11 because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide
reply to post by JohhnyBGood
 


Actually none of those labels can be applied to the poster in which you addressed them, he is a well informed, rational, clear thinking and empathetic human who is only countering your ignorance and intolerance with some actual knowledge that some here (YOU) need to listen to. How dare you attack this member! I am personally offended by this! and before you start saying that I'm an islamic shill, I am an atheist.


If someone who claims to be a muslim tells me that 'there is no compulsion in Islam' for instance - a blatant lie! - what else can you call such a person other than a lier and deciever!.

You see that is what facts and reason are for - to enable people to distuinguish truth from lies.

What your reasons for covering for someone like this are can only be guessed at!



posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JohhnyBGood
 



what else can you call such a person other than a lier and deciever!.
:-)


You see that is what facts and reason are for - to enable people to distuinguish truth from lies.
:-)


What your reasons for covering for someone like this are can only be guessed at!
:-)

now - was that humor, or irony? Or just a gift?

here's a real question for you Johhny (Johhny...?)

and I mean real as in: I'm being serious now - what have you got against Muslims?

take as much time as you need



posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood
reply to post by JohhnyBGood
 


If someone who claims to be a muslim tells me that 'there is no compulsion in Islam' for instance - a blatant lie! - what else can you call such a person other than a lier and deciever!.

You see that is what facts and reason are for - to enable people to distuinguish truth from lies.

What your reasons for covering for someone like this are can only be guessed at!


*knock knock*

hey, maybe you're just a little slow, but i didn't tell you that, i simply quoted a verse in the qur'an (the doctrine which is the basis of islam as a whole) which stated that. so how then is it a lie? maybe you missed the quote aspect of it, so i'll quote it again.




2:256 There is no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects evil and believes in God hath grasped the most trustworthy hand - a hold that never breaks. And God hears and knows all things.


so before you try to attack my character, and call me a "liar", just understand that what i'm saying isn't coming from me. this isn't something that i just came up with.

#fail

edit on 11-8-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis
 


I have absolutely nothing against the victims of the Islamic mind virus known as Muslims.

As for Islam - why would I not be against a doctrine that insists on taking over the world, killing every single jew, and converting or killing every single other person.

A doctrine that owns its victims mind body and soul from the moment they are born and seeks to kill them should they leave.

A doctrine that gives its members as examples of permissable conduct the life and example of Muhammed - a warlord, bandit, mass murderer psycopathic, womanising, slave owning, pedophile, lying decieving, cheat! - in short anything that Muhammed did - is permissable for Muslims as long as they do it in the furtherance of the spread of Islam.



More to the point - can you tell me why you tolerate or support such a system!?



posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood
reply to post by JohhnyBGood
 


If someone who claims to be a muslim tells me that 'there is no compulsion in Islam' for instance - a blatant lie! - what else can you call such a person other than a lier and deciever!.

You see that is what facts and reason are for - to enable people to distuinguish truth from lies.

What your reasons for covering for someone like this are can only be guessed at!


*knock knock*

hey, maybe you're just a little slow, but i didn't tell you that, i simply quoted a verse in the qur'an (the doctrine which is the basis of islam as a whole) which stated that. so how then is it a lie? maybe you missed the quote aspect of it, so i'll quote it again.




2:256 There is no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects evil and believes in God hath grasped the most trustworthy hand - a hold that never breaks. And God hears and knows all things.


so before you try to attack my character, and call me a "liar", just understand that what i'm saying isn't coming from me. this isn't something that i just came up with.

#fail

edit on 11-8-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)


You are passing yourself of as a generic muslim speaking for Islam and quoting that 'no compulsion' verse to give the impression to uninformed people that Muslims are free to pick and choose their religion.

you quoted another verse with a translation that gives the impression that Islam fosters freedom of thought and enquiry - whilst the real meaning of that verse is just the opposite.

Your monica also suggests 'freedom of thought' - this is the real 'religion' of the secular West where I presume you live - it is what people will fight and die to preserve.

Perhaps you are just a very confused young man - in a state of denial as to what you really want or believe.



posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by JohhnyBGood
 


or perhaps you couldn't refute evidence, so had to reach all out into the atmosphere to find something else to say because you are one of those with their finger in their ears.

deny ignorance



posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by JohhnyBGood
 


Sorry I took so long getting back – I honestly did not expect you to reply. Nobody ever does :-)


I have absolutely nothing against the victims of the Islamic mind virus known as Muslims.


Curious then – how do you plan on separating the ‘virus’ from the man. Or is that too much work? You pretend a kind of tolerance – why?


As for Islam - why would I not be against a doctrine that insists on taking over the world, killing every single jew, and converting or killing every single other person.

A doctrine that owns its victims mind body and soul from the moment they are born and seeks to kill them should they leave.


Silly Johhny...that’s from a movie. No, seriously – it is:


Assured at first by the town psychiatrist, Dr. Dan Kaufman (Larry Gates), that the cases are nothing but "epidemic mass hysteria," Bennell soon discovers, with the help of his friend Jack Belicec (King Donovan), that the townspeople are in fact being replaced by perfect physical duplicates, simulacra grown from giant plant-like pods. The Pod People are indistinguishable from normal people, except for their utter lack of emotion. The Pod People work together to secretly spread more pods — which grew from "seeds drifting through space for years" — in order to replace the entire human race...

...With the Pod People close behind, a seemingly crazed Bennell runs onto the highway frantically screaming about the alien force which has overrun Santa Mira to the passing motorists and (in a moment that is considered a breaking of the Fourth Wall) looks into the camera and yells, "They're here already! You're next! You're next!"
en.wikipedia.org...

It is really scary Johhny – but it’s only a movie

And see? It’s just like in the movie - except for the killing of all the Jews part – I don’t think the pods were that specific. The Nazis were that specific, and they were real...so you can see why some of us might be concerned when one group of people decides that another group of people is a huge freaking problem

Not for nothin’ Johhny, but that movie came at a point in time when there was a different kind of mass paranoia as well as out and out hysteria running amok:


In recent years, critics have hailed the film as a "genuine Sci-Fi classic" and one of the "most resonant" and "one of the simplest" of the genre. The BBC wrote, "The sense of post-war, anti-communist paranoia is acute, as is the temptation to view the film as a metaphor for the tyranny of the McCarthy era."
en.wikipedia.org...

Maybe it seems I’m being a bit condescending here – but that’s because you’re not thinking or behaving like a grownup

Still, even an eight year old child knows – there are all kinds of different people. And in every category there is both good and bad.

Are you afraid of the terrorists Johhny? The religious extremists? The people who always choose war and mayhem first?

Then don’t be like them. Stay focused, and quit painting and entire group of people with the same brush.

Why don’t you try working for something instead of against?


A doctrine that gives its members as examples of permissable conduct the life and example of Muhammed - a warlord, bandit, mass murderer psycopathic, womanising, slave owning, pedophile, lying decieving, cheat! - in short anything that Muhammed did - is permissable for Muslims as long as they do it in the furtherance of the spread of Islam.

Says you. Your interpretation, along with anybody's interpretation of anything - can hardly be called fact. It’s not even a reasonably well formed opinion. You sound hysterical. A Chicken Little that was poorly socialized when he was a chick.


More to the point - can you tell me why you tolerate or support such a system!?


Your version of this ‘system’ isn’t the same as mine, so – your question doesn’t mean anything to me.

But, I’ll still try to give you some kind of answer - I’m going to borrow something you said from the next post down:
Your monica also suggests 'freedom of thought' - this is the real 'religion' of the secular West where I presume you live - it is what people will fight and die to preserve.

And there you go.

Tolerance Johhny – it’s not complicated.



posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
America is multicultural country no doubt about it. I have Muslims, Jewish, and Whites friends.

I don't think Europe is not because most of them i know are against multicultural. I mean did you see France issued a ban on burqa bans? Never see like that in the States.



posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis
reply to post by JohhnyBGood
 


Sorry I took so long getting back – I honestly did not expect you to reply. Nobody ever does :-)


I have absolutely nothing against the victims of the Islamic mind virus known as Muslims.


Curious then – how do you plan on separating the ‘virus’ from the man. Or is that too much work? You pretend a kind of tolerance – why?


As for Islam - why would I not be against a doctrine that insists on taking over the world, killing every single jew, and converting or killing every single other person.

A doctrine that owns its victims mind body and soul from the moment they are born and seeks to kill them should they leave.


Silly Johhny...that’s from a movie. No, seriously – it is:


Assured at first by the town psychiatrist, Dr. Dan Kaufman (Larry Gates), that the cases are nothing but "epidemic mass hysteria," Bennell soon discovers, with the help of his friend Jack Belicec (King Donovan), that the townspeople are in fact being replaced by perfect physical duplicates, simulacra grown from giant plant-like pods. The Pod People are indistinguishable from normal people, except for their utter lack of emotion. The Pod People work together to secretly spread more pods — which grew from "seeds drifting through space for years" — in order to replace the entire human race...

...With the Pod People close behind, a seemingly crazed Bennell runs onto the highway frantically screaming about the alien force which has overrun Santa Mira to the passing motorists and (in a moment that is considered a breaking of the Fourth Wall) looks into the camera and yells, "They're here already! You're next! You're next!"
en.wikipedia.org...

It is really scary Johhny – but it’s only a movie

And see? It’s just like in the movie - except for the killing of all the Jews part – I don’t think the pods were that specific. The Nazis were that specific, and they were real...so you can see why some of us might be concerned when one group of people decides that another group of people is a huge freaking problem

Not for nothin’ Johhny, but that movie came at a point in time when there was a different kind of mass paranoia as well as out and out hysteria running amok:


In recent years, critics have hailed the film as a "genuine Sci-Fi classic" and one of the "most resonant" and "one of the simplest" of the genre. The BBC wrote, "The sense of post-war, anti-communist paranoia is acute, as is the temptation to view the film as a metaphor for the tyranny of the McCarthy era."
en.wikipedia.org...

Maybe it seems I’m being a bit condescending here – but that’s because you’re not thinking or behaving like a grownup

Still, even an eight year old child knows – there are all kinds of different people. And in every category there is both good and bad.

Are you afraid of the terrorists Johhny? The religious extremists? The people who always choose war and mayhem first?

Then don’t be like them. Stay focused, and quit painting and entire group of people with the same brush.

Why don’t you try working for something instead of against?


A doctrine that gives its members as examples of permissable conduct the life and example of Muhammed - a warlord, bandit, mass murderer psycopathic, womanising, slave owning, pedophile, lying decieving, cheat! - in short anything that Muhammed did - is permissable for Muslims as long as they do it in the furtherance of the spread of Islam.

Says you. Your interpretation, along with anybody's interpretation of anything - can hardly be called fact. It’s not even a reasonably well formed opinion. You sound hysterical. A Chicken Little that was poorly socialized when he was a chick.


More to the point - can you tell me why you tolerate or support such a system!?


Your version of this ‘system’ isn’t the same as mine, so – your question doesn’t mean anything to me.

But, I’ll still try to give you some kind of answer - I’m going to borrow something you said from the next post down:
Your monica also suggests 'freedom of thought' - this is the real 'religion' of the secular West where I presume you live - it is what people will fight and die to preserve.

And there you go.

Tolerance Johhny – it’s not complicated.


Sheer brilliance!

I thought it deserved a double post, summed up all of my thoughts perfectly. Nice work!!



posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by edog11
 


Thanks E-dog! Some things just need to be said.

Have a good one mate!



posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis
 



Your version of this ‘system’ isn’t the same as mine, so – your question doesn’t mean anything to me.

But, I’ll still try to give you some kind of answer - I’m going to borrow something you said from the next post down: Your monica also suggests 'freedom of thought' - this is the real 'religion' of the secular West where I presume you live - it is what people will fight and die to preserve.

And there you go. Tolerance Johhny – it’s not complicated


My 'version' of the system is the one I have taken from what is actually written in the various Islamic writings.,
What is actually practised today, and historically, and what is actually believed and intended today by Muslims.

In other words it is a factual and accurate picture of Islam - if you want to accept the PC pablum that is presented on MSM that 'Islam is a religion of peace and tolerance' - except of course for those tiny tiny minority of 'misunderstanders' - then that is your funeral.

And there you go - finding out the facts for yourself - it can be an irksome, it can mean you have to give up your cherished illusions - but it is allways worthwhile!



posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by JohhnyBGood
 


thanks - but there are no 'facts' to be found where you're looking. You seem to think your interpretation (and that is exactly what it is - your interpretation, no matter how many people see it the same as you) is fact.

You seem to be extremely proud of your research.



And there you go - finding out the facts for yourself - it can be an irksome, it can mean you have to give up your cherished illusions - but it is allways worthwhile!


oh, Johhny :-) ditto that

I've actually known some Muslims. I'm not saying you haven't, but golly - your facts really don't have anything to do with my actual experience.

Why don't you get to know some Muslims? And I mean know them - not just study them. Your mind can twist scripture to mean anything you want it to mean. You can always find evidence to support your worst fear. Fear and hate dissolves objectivity.

This gentleman just lost his son. His son was murdered.


Good and bad in everyone - every group. Mostly good - though sometimes it's hard to see it.

Give up some of your cherished illusions Johhny - it will be totally worth it

:-)

now, if you'll excuse me - I'm going to go weave some daisies into my hair...

edit on 8/13/2011 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
19
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

log in

join