It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims Are Loyal to U.S. And Hopeful, Poll Finds

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by JohhnyBGood

our media and politicians are demonising Islam - are they really?

You must not have been paying attention....

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide
How cynical we all are, it should be uplifting, instead it brings up prejudice, how tragic.

...did you really not expect radical xtians and white supremacist nationalists to hit your thread?...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by dilly1

YOU are the reason people think it's okay to post intolerant BS. Grow up mate

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

I thought people would be rational and adult about it. Turns out.......

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

prove there is bias, otherwise your rhetoric is BS . Provide something that proves your PERSONAL OPINIONS, sorry that I have to do this....

...i've already done that... page 6, first post...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321

We're straying a bit from the topic here and getting personal. What are peoples thoughts on the results of the poll?

My thoughts on the poll?
Pure propaganda and if people are blind enough the believe it, well they're going to be in for a rude awakening.
Muslims are loyal to the US huh? Well, where are they protesting and condeming the "radical" muslims killing innocent people? What about that muslim that killing those soldiers at Ft.Hood? Was that an act of a "loyal" muslim? I don't remember seeing a show of support from the muslim community for the families of those fallen soldiers.
Sorry, not buying what they're selling.

What a surprise that your neighbors ACTUALLY CARE FOR YOU....scaaary

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks

prove there is bias, otherwise your rhetoric is BS . Provide something that proves your PERSONAL OPINIONS, sorry that I have to do this....

...i've already done that... page 6, first post...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm terribly sorry but you haven't proven ANYTHING. All you have done is present an opinion, nice one!

edit on 3-8-2011 by sir_slide because: spelling

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

The Public is slowly slowly catching on that Islam is a violent intolerant religion of hate and extremism - despite the LIBERAL infested media largely refusing to ever cover their activities except when they have no choice ie when they kill large no's of people - even then they wont name it for what it is! - JIHAD!

Islam's Latest Contributions to Peace

"Mohammed is God's apostle. Those who follow him are ruthless to the unbelievers but merciful to one another" Quran 48:29

2011.08.03 (Pattani, Thailand) - A Buddhist teacher is shot twice in the head by warriors of Islam.
2011.08.03 (Kandahar, Afghanistan) - Sunni bombmakers take down a child and two others.
2011.08.03 (Rasala, Iraq) - Three Iraqis are killed when fundamentalists bomb a liquor store.
2011.08.02 (Kunduz, Afghanistan) - Four are killed when Muslim extremists stage a Shahid attack on a guesthouse used by foreigners.
2011.08.02 (Cotabato, Philippines) - A 7-year-old child is among two killed by a Jemaah Islamiyah bomb blast. 2011.08.01 (Atariwal, Pakistan) - A woman dies from injuries when Taliban militants fire a rocket into her home. LINE

www.thereligionofpeace.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I'm terribly sorry but you haven't proven ANYTHING.

...i proved that the nytimes misrepresented the statistics of the poll...

All you have done is present an opinion,

...thats only partially true...

...if you want to believe that the nytimes is credible and incapable of intentional deceit - thats your call entirely...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood

The Public is slowly slowly catching on that Islam is a violent intolerant religion of hate and extremism - despite the LIBERAL infested media largely refusing to ever cover their activities except when they have no choice ie when they kill large no's of people - even then they wont name it for what it is! - JIHAD!

"Mohammed is God's apostle. Those who follow him are ruthless to the unbelievers but merciful to one another" Quran 48:29

2011.08.03 (Pattani, Thailand) - A Buddhist teacher is shot twice in the head by warriors of Islam.
2011.08.03 (Kandahar, Afghanistan) - Sunni bombmakers take down a child and two others.
2011.08.03 (Rasala, Iraq) - Three Iraqis are killed when fundamentalists bomb a liquor store.
2011.08.02 (Kunduz, Afghanistan) - Four are killed when Muslim extremists stage a Shahid attack on a guesthouse used by foreigners.
2011.08.02 (Cotabato, Philippines) - A 7-year-old child is among two killed by a Jemaah Islamiyah bomb blast. 2011.08.01 (Atariwal, Pakistan) - A woman dies from injuries when Taliban militants fire a rocket into her home. LINE

I'm actually sorry, but spare me!! Seriously spare me your views in the future. What a load of hateful BS. Thanks though

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood

I'm actually sorry, but spare me!! Seriously spare me your views in the future. What a load of hateful BS. Thanks though

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

So this is an attack om the NEW YORK TIMES, if you don't think that tht results are acceptable that's fine, but u miss out, make a friend!!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by lestweforget

You make a good point, they haven't earned my trust by their actions. I would ask the Muslim community if they are in favor of, or against, women being equal to men with the same rights. I would also ask them if they believed gay people have the right to exist freely in our society or if they should be exterminated. Those questions would give us a much deeper insight into the Muslim community.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
The stars on each and every comment shows how much hatred there is on Muslims and Islam due to 9/11. But there are still facts needed to be considered and rightly so not much harm done to Muslims as they enjoy equal rights as all others do, but still the feeling of being a Muslim haunt them after the 9/11 attacks.They need to do something good to the world to wipe this out otherwise it hurts them inside.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

eh, it seems like it's a bit too tree hugging to me. Most immigration waves retain some form of bluntness, but most of the Muslims I know attempt to little to be blunt and to the point. Then again, the number of Muslims I know grows ever smaller as so many of them become atheists/agnostic once subjected to the real world.
edit on 3-8-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
8 Pages and 14 flags??? I guess people really do hate Muslims and Islam these days...

Oh well, the good days will come soon enough

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
It has been said already, but I'll say it again. That is what they "say", which is not always the truth. It has been long known that to defeat (or over-take) the US, you couldn't go head to head in a war. You have to attack by infiltrating from within...using our weaknesses and political correctness as tools to rise in power, and number...and then, "change" the country.

Two movies to watch. "The Third Jihad" and "Mars Attacks". "The Third Jihad" will provide the framework for such a hypothetical attack, while "Mars Attacks" will give you a little laugh...followed by a pause. Check out the scene near the end where the Martians are marching, shooting every human in sight, while carrying a translator that is repeating "we come in peace".

I'm not, and would never say, that every member of any group is blah-blah-blah. But I believe it to be a fact, that there are Muslims in America that would have their old "way of life" imposed upon everyone...in the name of Allah. And when a person is fighting for their God...there is no stopping them.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321

We're straying a bit from the topic here and getting personal. What are peoples thoughts on the results of the poll?

My thoughts on the poll?
Pure propaganda and if people are blind enough the believe it, well they're going to be in for a rude awakening.
Muslims are loyal to the US huh? Well, where are they protesting and condeming the "radical" muslims killing innocent people? What about that muslim that killing those soldiers at Ft.Hood? Was that an act of a "loyal" muslim? I don't remember seeing a show of support from the muslim community for the families of those fallen soldiers.
Sorry, not buying what they're selling.

What a surprise that your neighbors ACTUALLY CARE FOR YOU....scaaary

Sorry for not being a kool-aid drinker, but your answer makes absolutely no sense? You didn't even address the questions I brought up.
Now from what I get from your post, I get the impression that islam is "supposed" to be so enlightened but yet any of the posters here disagreeing with you is met with name calling and disrespect, seems odd coming from a religion that is "suppose" the preach peace.
edit on 3-8-2011 by Chance321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

If they are so loyal they sure are keeping quiet about it, still don't trust them. From the NYT no less, this rag is owned by the Obama Administration.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join