It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims Are Loyal to U.S. And Hopeful, Poll Finds

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

Way too many charts. People have ADD. next time try using highlights only. There was so many charts i began to hate muslims.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by 23432

There is no compulsion in Islam .

Why are all these non muslims are worried ?

No one can force anyone to submit to Allah .

Poll results seem normal to me but I am immune to anti-muslim msm brainwashing .

An apostate is someone who is a traitor ...., in religion he or she is described as a renegade as they turn their back on their mother religion for another. Apostasy is considered haram and therefore not allowed in Islam, and the penalty is severe from the time of the Beloved Prophet (Salla Allahu ta'ala 'alayhi wa Sallam). Only where Muslim countries apply Shariah law can they face the death penalty if the judiciary sanction it. Read more: ashraf786.proboards.com...

"The Prophet Muhammad (Salla Allahu ta'ala 'alayhi wa Sallam) has said several times that those who convert from Islam should be killed if they refuse to come back," says Ansarullah Mawlafizada, the trial judge. Read more: ashraf786.proboards.com...

Or this from a recent poll from PEW.
www.jihadwatch.org...

82%: Believe adulterers should be stoned

84%: Believe apostates from Islam should face the death penalty

So ...........which is it?

Are you completely ignorant of Islam? or are you just lying?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood

Originally posted by 23432

There is no compulsion in Islam .

Why are all these non muslims are worried ?

No one can force anyone to submit to Allah .

Poll results seem normal to me but I am immune to anti-muslim msm brainwashing .

An apostate is someone who is a traitor ...., in religion he or she is described as a renegade as they turn their back on their mother religion for another. Apostasy is considered haram and therefore not allowed in Islam, and the penalty is severe from the time of the Beloved Prophet (Salla Allahu ta'ala 'alayhi wa Sallam). Only where Muslim countries apply Shariah law can they face the death penalty if the judiciary sanction it. Read more: ashraf786.proboards.com...

"The Prophet Muhammad (Salla Allahu ta'ala 'alayhi wa Sallam) has said several times that those who convert from Islam should be killed if they refuse to come back," says Ansarullah Mawlafizada, the trial judge. Read more: ashraf786.proboards.com...

Or this from a recent poll from PEW.
www.jihadwatch.org...

82%: Believe adulterers should be stoned

84%: Believe apostates from Islam should face the death penalty

So ...........which is it?

Are you completely ignorant of Islam? or are you just lying?

JohhnyB

I am not going to counter argue your point of view , as it is nothing more then a mere illusion of your own mindset .

You are entitled to it .

My political-islamic thoughts are not same as your sources .

Arab/Iranian/Pakistani/Turkish nationalism - sold - as - Islam ?

Doesn't work on me , as I am immune to that #e too .

Submission to Allah must be a genuine surrounder , a heartfelt desire if you like .

You know Al Takiyya doesn't work on Allah , right ?

I am not lying nor being an ignorant of Islam .

You are confusing the cultural , social , traditional practices of Tribalism / Nationalism with practices of Islam .

Do deny ignorance whenever you can .

edit on 3-8-2011 by 23432 because: add

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Seems like an awful lot of people are confusing Muslim extremists with true Muslims.
Much like if I were to believe that all Christians were like the Westboro Baptists.
The anti-brigade obviously don't have any Muslim friends (or possibly no friends at all-JOKE!).

Taking a slight detour here and probably more in keeping with what this site is all about, does anyone think that there's a link with this modern targeting of Islam and the demise of the Cold War?

The reds under our beds have been replaced with Ahmeds.....

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
You know, the rampant islamophobia on these boards really is disgusting. I love some of the content on this site, but, the hatred of Islam really is making it very difficult for me to continue visiting here. It's really deeply ugly.

The poster above me, don't you realise you can take quotes out of context about every religion to make it sound bloodthirsty and intolerant? Particularly Christianity.

Islam is a peaceful religion. People seem to think all Islam is as the KKK is to Christianity. It's not. We in the west have to stop demonising an entire religion off the activities of the extreme radical fringe.

We also have to recognise exactly why our media and politicians are demonising Islam, it's deliberate misinformation, hate the outsider so that we are distracted from the real problems. All the islam-haters are doing, is furthering the goals of the power elites, willing pawns in their hatred.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Painterz

I take it you mean the poster above the poster above

I hope.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
All muslims are sleeper cell terrorists!
All christians are outside abortion clinics ready to shoot (or outside a gay bar ready to bash)
All buddhists are ready to light themselves on fire.

As an atheist I only have to say...
You lot are nuts
(yes, all us atheists are preparing to conquor the world also)

People who steriotype are stupid.
(yes, the irony was noted in that statement)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Painterz
You know, the rampant islamophobia on these boards really is disgusting. I love some of the content on this site, but, the hatred of Islam really is making it very difficult for me to continue visiting here. It's really deeply ugly.

Its only a small handful of people that make the most noise.

ATS has currently about 45 billion subscribers, so, consider that before painting all of ATS with one brush...

For instance, I find islam horrible and violent...but, equal to the rest of religions..so everyone hates me
but I personally don't represent ATS or anything, just one guys opinion...now, if I make it a part time job to post my thoughts on every religious thread repeatedly, it would suddenly seem ATS itself has a bias towards religion as a whole...naa, thats just the vocal minority taking up too much bandwith...sort of like that one annoying person at a party that is trying to be the center of attention by yelling the loudest nonstop.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Pools shows that religious people have lower IQ scores.

In 2008, intelligence researcher Helmuth Nyborg examined whether IQ relates to denomination and income, using representative data from the National Longitudinal Study of Youth, which includes intelligence tests on a representative selection of white American youth, where they have also replied to questions about religious belief. His results, published in the scientific journal Intelligence demonstrated that on average, Atheists scored 1.95 IQ points higher than Agnostics, 3.82 points higher than Liberal persuasions, and 5.89 IQ points higher than Dogmatic persuasions. [4] "I'm not saying that believing in God makes you dumber. My hypothesis is that people with a low intelligence are more easily drawn toward religions, which give answers that are certain, while people with a high intelligence are more skeptical," says the professor.[5]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Christians ar ethe least tolerating people on earth....

Who says your god is right?? yoru book? your priest?? your thoughts?? its disgusting the way muslim or jewish people are made to defend themselves on this site...

whats more disgusting... clearly sweeping statements about religon are accepted by the moderators on here!! i though you werent allowed to advertise on here?? anyone trying to convince someone to go the way of god is advertising a religon which in my opinion is a false hope and deliberatley misleading act!!

You cannot at any point pigeon hole Muslims as all being terrorists and its disgusting that people do!

americans, english, and most europeans (christian, protestant) have no idea what religous segrigation is like.. i was brought up catholic in the west of scotland... for those of you unaware this is not a great thing... catholics have a history of being almost an underclass in the west of scotland.. the only people who will argue this case are protestants in the area!!

Anyway... my point is seeing people being allowed to spout about who muslims would support in a war with "arab" countries (which by the way is a stupid and sweeping statement, its a kin to saying spain would support mexico as the both speak the same language) shows me justification for them to actually defend the Arab countries as they are not accepted in the west at all! much like in earlier years it was irish/catholics/blacks/jews it is now Muslims.. not nationality but a sweeping generalisation of an entire religon!

this is the main problem with western society.... blame the easiest religon/race/country for your social problems instead of getting off you (our) fat Asses and actually do somthing about your problems... let the opinion of many be swayed by the jaded opinion of few!! take no resposibility...

truley disgusting

Just my thoughts

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by 23432

JohhnyB I am not going to counter argue your point of view , as it is nothing more then a mere illusion of your own mindset . You are entitled to it . My political-islamic thoughts are not same as your sources . Arab/Iranian/Pakistani/Turkish nationalism - sold - as - Islam ? Doesn't work on me , as I am immune to that #e too .

In other words you are not at all representative of any mainstream Islamic variety - your views are simply your own or those of a tiny sect - which 99.9% of muslims would consider you as an infidel yourself!

It is the same as someone quoting the Westborough Baptists as though they spoke for Christianity.

You are not going to 'counter my point' because YOU CANNOT! - these are the beliefs of the majority of those in the Islamic world!
edit on 3-8-2011 by JohhnyBGood because: addition

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide
We're straying a bit from the topic here and getting personal. What are peoples thoughts on the results of the poll?

My thoughts on the poll?
Pure propaganda and if people are blind enough the believe it, well they're going to be in for a rude awakening.
Muslims are loyal to the US huh? Well, where are they protesting and condeming the "radical" muslims killing innocent people? What about that muslim that killing those soldiers at Ft.Hood? Was that an act of a "loyal" muslim? I don't remember seeing a show of support from the muslim community for the families of those fallen soldiers.
Sorry, not buying what they're selling.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Painterz

The poster above me, don't you realise you can take quotes out of context about every religion to make it sound bloodthirsty and intolerant? Particularly Christianity.

Islam is a peaceful religion. People seem to think all Islam is as the KKK is to Christianity. It's not. We in the west have to stop demonising an entire religion off the activities of the extreme radical fringe.

We also have to recognise exactly why our media and politicians are demonising Islam, it's deliberate misinformation, hate the outsider so that we are distracted from the real problems. All the islam-haters are doing, is furthering the goals of the power elites, willing pawns in their hatred.

Sorry but the truth is often 'really deeply ugly' - it tends to fester and get that way, when people steadfastly refuse to ever face the facts.

You try to disallow anyone from pointing out FACTS by labelling them 'Islamophobes'

Islam is a peaceful religion - um, well Buhdism is a religion of peace and tolerance - but Islam!? - c'mmon now, who do you think you are kidding here?

our media and politicians are demonising Islam - are they really? - despite the fact that from the hufge no's of daily jihaddist attricities around the world - a few do manage to make it on to our TV screens - they are allways dismissed as 'the work of a tiny tiny minority of extremists' the motive of Islamic jihad is almost never ascribed to them - mostly they are described as 'militants'

The media are bending over backwards to not equate muslims=terrorists. Just look at the farce of the 'Fort hood shooter'

As for being used by the 'power elites' - that honour goes to people like you!

Why don't you try asking yourself why they have flooded Europe with Muslims - eh! , why would they do that now?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by JohhnyBGood

FYI, I'm an American Muslim. Sounds like islam + west to me, how about you?

Maybe you should ask a black or white American Muslim if they feel their culture and faith are compatible instead of making yourself sound completely stupid!

We're doing just fine, for some odd reason it's people who AREN'T Muslim who say MY LIFESTYLE isn't possible...

Great post.... We all get too caught up in sterotyping people.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood

In other words you are not at all representative of any mainstream Islamic variety - your views are simply your own or those of a tiny sect - which 99.9% of muslims would consider you as an infidel yourself!

On the contrary , I am very much of a main street muslim .
As for me being considered an infidel ?
Wahabi idiots doesn't work on me either , I am also immune to their sh1te too .

It is the same as someone quoting the Westborough Baptists as though they spoke for Christianity.

Actually , what you are doing i.e brushing all muslims with the same brush and in your little world , anymuslim who doesn't adhere to most idiotic islamic sect , is not a muslim at all .

Let me have a little laugh about how little you actually understand Islam .

You are not going to 'counter my point' because YOU CANNOT! - these are the beliefs of the majority of those in the Islamic world!
edit on 3-8-2011 by JohhnyBGood because: addition

I can not be bothered to debunk such a nonsense for the obvious reasons . All I can say is that the facts of the case in hand are in dispute of your findings .

1.7 billion muslims world wide and when I started discussing the issue of Islam online , the world muslim population was about 1.3 billion .

Islam is on the increase all around the world .

Without forcefully converting anyone yet increasing in numbers , worldwide ?

That is actually the success for Islam .

Islam is here to stay , so you ought to find a way to deal with it .

edit on 3-8-2011 by 23432 because: ed

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

reply to post by Wyn Hawks

are you suggesting that they are presenting a poll that can quite easily be undermined

...i'm accusing the nytimes of intentionally misrepresenting the findings of the poll...

therefore angering Americans towards the Islamic manipulation of their media or....?

...no... those who have been manipulating usofa media for decades are not islamic nor are they islamic sympathizers...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
How cynical we all are, it should be uplifting, instead it brings up prejudice, how tragic.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I don't get your point, misrepresentation is deceitful, I agree. But seriously prove there is bias, otherwise your rhetoric is BS . Provide something that proves your PERSONAL OPINIONS, sorry that I have to do this....

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I don't get your point, misrepresentation is deceitful, I agree. But seriously prove there is bias, otherwise your rhetoric is BS . Provide something that proves your PERSONAL OPINIONS, sorry that I have to do this....

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

How cynical we all are, it should be uplifting, instead it brings up prejudice, how tragic.

You are correct of course .

Here is a litmus test for all Americans ;

If you can't bring yourself to repeat a simple mantra , you've been had , I am afraid .

Alas ,

' Muslim Americans are as good as non Muslim Americans .'

Baa-aah , I still think the American folk are actually OK .

Few biggots do not represent what American Ideals are all about .

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join