It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims Are Loyal to U.S. And Hopeful, Poll Finds

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSforRacialHatred

So, the short of your post is that you want anything that disagrees with muslims/islam to be censored but only allow the fluffy islam is great replys to be posted? Don't really see that happening. Seems to go against the whole Free Speech thingy. And a big
to the Mod that said no to your request.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

Originally posted by Carseller4
The potential for terrorism is lurking underneath. The infiltration plan calls for them to be peaceful at first to build numbers.....then BOOM!

Where is this plan written?
How was it conveyed to all 1.7 billion of us?
Did you take your pills?

Stick your head in the sand and deny anything is going on.

That way, it will never happen.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gillette
reply to post by lestweforget

You make a good point, they haven't earned my trust by their actions. I would ask the Muslim community if they are in favor of, or against, women being equal to men with the same rights. I would also ask them if they believed gay people have the right to exist freely in our society or if they should be exterminated. Those questions would give us a much deeper insight into the Muslim community.

The problem, however, is...can you believe, and trust, the answers they give to your questions? While any Muslim (or anyone) has a right to say "women are second-class citizens", "gay is evil" and "I want Sharia law to govern the world"...would they? Even if it is what they believe? Or is keeping the mask of "tolerance" too important?

Again...I know Muslims that I believe are Americans and believe in our values. But I know, especially from speaking with these friends of mine...that there is a fringe that believes differently. And has different motives.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide
reply to post by Carseller4

What plan are you referring to? You're acting as if all Muslims are sleeper agents just waiting for the right moment to strike or something, how ridiculous.

We all are for whatever cause will use us in it's moment of 'glory'.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Reply to post by WeAreAWAKE

How would asking those question help you to judge them? People in America of all walks of life have differing beliefs on all of those issues and wear a mask of tolerance in public while holding a differing beliefs deep inside. The Muslim population would be no different you would have a wide range of beliefs and outlooks.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by lestweforget
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Man this is fun i should try being nicer more often! My grandfather told me once "if you learn just one thing in a day, it was a good day" well seems i have had a good day and its only half over. Good day to you all!

You seem to be contradicting yourself. To be nice is to be compassionate, sincere and understanding to all, no matter what race or religion or beliefs. This means to be trusting and not group a whole race into a small percentage of fools who say they represent that race and believe the bullcrap they say they follow. Instead open up your mind to read all sides of the argument and meet and talk to muslims to understand them personally before judging them. As you may not believe but that is what a muslim is actually supposed to do themselves.

Also you have dishonored your grandfather by his saying, to learn is to understand and to apply true knowledge without judgement to have a greater more factual opinion and idea of what is going on. So you should have, out of respect for your grandfather, attempt to read all of those polls, and even find more so you can learn about what it is the original poster was trying to state before you voice your opinion. Instead you disrespect what he was trying to tell you.

Other than that, I hope you are able to find that inner peace, so that we all can get together a race of humans to help each other become better, regardless of race and culture and religion.

Btw I am Muslim so you can hate me all you want, but I wont hate you because I don't know you and its sinful to judge before I learn about you personally. Other than that, I wish you and everyone on this planet a peaceful and great life.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood

reply to post by JohhnyBGood

FYI, I'm an American Muslim. Sounds like islam + west to me, how about you?

Maybe you should ask a black or white American Muslim if they feel their culture and faith are compatible instead of making yourself sound completely stupid!

We're doing just fine, for some odd reason it's people who AREN'T Muslim who say MY LIFESTYLE isn't possible...

Well you describe yourself as an American Muslim with the monica 'my mind is my mind'

But that is not what Islam decrees at all is it now!?

Your mind is Islam's mind - you were born a muslim automatically unless you were a convert - you children will be muslims.

Islam means 'submission' - it means you simply accept whatever your cultural Islamic millieu imposes on you without question or criticism. - ie you are part of the hive.

Since you are living amongst the Kaffirs somewhat you may be able to take liberties - but in a majority Islamic society you would comply or be killed.

So you are saying that Islam says to obey everything without question or criticism?
Please tell me what this means then: Surah 17 Al Isra verse 36

[17:36] You shall not accept any information, unless you verify it for yourself. I have given you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brain, and you are responsible for using them.

Doesn't seem to fit with your blind assumption of what the media and racist lunatics always say does it?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I want to preface this post with the following:
I have no religion. Not quite an athiest, but I most definately follow no organized religion.
I detest religious extremists of any kind, but I embrace tolerant people of all religions.

On topic:

I am not so sure that this poll can be seen as a completely un-biased poll. From the excerpt below from the OP's cited article, I get a peculiar feeling...

Muslims Are Loyal to U.S. And Hopeful, Poll Finds

It was conducted by telephone from Feb. 10 to March 11, 2010, and Oct. 1 to 21, 2010, by the Abu Dhabi Gallup Center, a Gallup-affiliated research group based in the United Arab Emirates. The poll, which included interviews with 2,482 adults of whom 475 said they were Muslim, has a margin of sampling error of plus or minus seven percentage points for Muslims.

I am not saying that the poll could'nt be accurate, but with so many results such as "Muslims are the MOST likely, Muslims are the LEAST likely, etc... something about it feels a bit contrived.

That is just my opinion on the poll itself.

With that said, I do not see any of the muslims I have met to be any different as people and as Americans than people of any of the other faiths I've encountered.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide
We're straying a bit from the topic here and getting personal. What are peoples thoughts on the results of the poll?

I believe people lie.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Am i really hearing all this hate comments? Why not actually pick up the Quran and actually read! WHat you guys afraid it might bite you, or itll make you see life differently, or is it because itll erase those paranoid flys buzzing through ya heads

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by defuntion

yes, plus that last line of the quote!

+/- 7% for muslims!

wow.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Madrespex

So you are saying that Islam says to obey everything without question or criticism? Please tell me what this means then:

Surah 17 Al Isra verse 36 [17:36] You shall not accept any information, unless you verify it for yourself.
I have given you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brain, and you are responsible for using them.

Doesn't seem to fit with your blind assumption of what the media and racist lunatics always say does it?

17:36 Sahih International
And do not pursue that of which you have no knowledge. Indeed, the hearing, the sight and the heart - about all those [one] will be questioned.

17:36 And pursue not that of which thou hast no knowledge; for every act of hearing, or of seeing or of (feeling in) the heart will be enquired into (on the Day of Reckoning).
www.muslimaccess.com...

(17:36) (13).Do not follow that of which you have no knowledge for you shall be questioned for (the use) of your eyes, ears and minds. *42

*42 The meanings of "Do not follow that of which you have no knowledge" are very comprehensive. It demands that both in individual and collective life, one should not follow mere guess work and presumption instead of "knowledge". This instruction covers all aspects of Islamic life, moral, legal, political, administrative and applies to science, arts and education. It has thus saved the society from numerous evils which are produced in human life by following guesswork instead of knowledge.

The Islamic moral code demands: Guard against suspicion and do not accuse any individual or group without proper investigation. In law, it has been made a permanent principle that no action should be taken against anyone without proper investigation. It has been made unlawful to arrest, beat or imprison anyone on mere suspicion during investigation. In regard to foreign relations, the definite policy has been laid down that no action should be taken without investigation, nor should rumours be set afloat.

Likewise in education the so-called sciences based on mere guess-work, presumptions and irrational theories have been disapproved. Above all, it cuts at the very root of superstitions, for this instruction teaches the Believers to accept only that which is based on the knowledge imparted by Allah and His Messenger.

www.quranenglish.com...

Notice the last line of that commentary -.for this instruction teaches the Believers to accept only that which is based on the knowledge imparted by Allah and His Messenger.

Kind of turns your 'freedomof thought' translation on its head now doesn't it!
edit on 3-8-2011 by JohhnyBGood because: link

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by OkSlim

The potential for terrorism is lurking underneath. The infiltration plan calls for them to be peaceful at first to build numbers.....then BOOM!

Did you take your pills?

Maybe you're no good at context clues, but I'm a Muslim. So if something was going on -like a "plan" involving the entire Muslim population- I'd know.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Maybe you're no good at context clues, but I'm a Muslim. So if something was going on -like a "plan" involving the entire Muslim population- I'd know.

How do we know you're not lying to us?
(j/k)

I don't doubt this poll at all. I know plenty of Muslims, and they're all good people. They don't push their religion on me, as others have said, nowhere near the way my Christian friends do. Perhaps that would be different in a predominantly Muslim country, but here in the U.S. it's just not the case. That said, I wish people would abandon all organized religions, for the sake of humanity and peace. But I would never try to force my (spiritual agnostic) ideas on anybody.
edit on 3-8-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

Polls are BULL they take maybe 20 people find out what they say or whatever then they do a little math and decide for the whole country its pretty pathetic actually

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

I really appreciate you explaining to countless people that we really are good people if they weren't ignorant enough to actually get to know us. Keep going at it mate, your doing good and I look up to you as a hope as I just about gave up trying to make people understand.

Good job and Keep at it!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by lestweforget

It's pathetic how many stars you have when you clearly did absolutely NO research on the subject.

You should spend more time learning and less time spouting ridiculous garbage about an entire people you know nothing about and have probably never even spoken with.

I think it's America who has desperately forsaken the Muslims, and these unsanctioned, unneccessary attacks on them will someday be looked back upon with the same horror as we look upon the holocaust now.

The holocaust happened thanks to the ignorance of of the people of the time. People like me and you, average citizens who talk and talk and write and write and just SPREAD the propaganda they hear like a sieve.

Whether Jew, Muslim, Christian, Agnostic, Catholic, Athiest, Buddhist, Hindu, it doesn't matter. We are all humans and we all deserve human rights.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Daniyal

alhamdulillah all's from above.

I'm not a quitting person so as long as I have fingers I'm gonna debate the lies and misconceptions.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by OkSlim

Did you take your pills?

*Sigh*

I thought people on ATS might be a little more open minded, and find the truth for themselves instead of unquestionly buying into this hate campaign. I hope you are able to help 1 person be less ignorant about Muslims, but I fear it's a lost cause.

People are incredibly complex, to boil down a whole group of billions of people down to the sum of their religion is the height of ignorance. I've grown up with Muslim friends, who were born in the US. I guess I should have been watching them closer to see how they were getting their secret messages.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Akasirus

It's all in the arabic. lol

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join