It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Trillion Dollar Coins That Could Save America

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
When a nation starts just creating money out of thin air like we have been doing through quantitative easing it's currency becomes less and less valuable because there is more and more of it. When the supply of our currency exceeds demand the value drops and it takes more of it to purchase goods.

If the mint started minting Trillion dollar coins then hyper inflation is here. All you money in the bank, becomes worthless overnight. Meaning food, clothing, energy, and all basic supplies become very expensive because there is more money than goods to purchase and the goods become more valuable than the currency.

If the fed say started dumping $250,000 bags of money on peoples front lawns then everyone would have lot's of money, but the cost of a loaf of bread might be so high that it takes half of that money to go to the store and buy it. The other half though could be used to pay off your house.

That is an extreme example, but it illustrates the idea behind purposefully devaluing a currency to reduce debt which is what we are doing right now I believe.

My only word of advice would be to store up basic necessities for at least a year so that if the US does go into a hyper inflationary period you have the things you need until we come out on the other side

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
With so much corruption around, it's highly unlikely it will solve the current economic crisis. The trillion doolar coin could and would probably elevate the issue but would never last..

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbon
When a nation starts just creating money out of thin air like we have been doing through quantitative easing it's currency becomes less and less valuable because there is more and more of it. When the supply of our currency exceeds demand the value drops and it takes more of it to purchase goods.

If the mint started minting Trillion dollar coins then hyper inflation is here. All you money in the bank, becomes worthless overnight. Meaning food, clothing, energy, and all basic supplies become very expensive because there is more money than goods to purchase and the goods become more valuable than the currency.

If the fed say started dumping $250,000 bags of money on peoples front lawns then everyone would have lot's of money, but the cost of a loaf of bread might be so high that it takes half of that money to go to the store and buy it. The other half though could be used to pay off your house.

That is an extreme example, but it illustrates the idea behind purposefully devaluing a currency to reduce debt which is what we are doing right now I believe.

My only word of advice would be to store up basic necessities for at least a year so that if the US does go into a hyper inflationary period you have the things you need until we come out on the other side

If your listing fed please dont dump it in my yard but put it in my mailbox so if any one messes with it I have legal recorses ty.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
More gimmick accounting isn't going to solve this problem, it will only push it back further in time.

I don't see how printing/coining more money or trying to borrow more will help.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Two Trillion Dollar coins? Anybody want to plan a robbery with me? :p

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
From what I can remember of my history reading, not just the wars, migrations, etc., since 1947, western money has lost 50% of its value every eight years, not good, hidden inflation at its best/worst, depending on how you look at it, looks like some ones foot is stuck on the acceleration pedal...........

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
This sounds like what a 10 year old child would think up.

What would you do Johnny?

"Have the most valuest espensive coyns that I can keep in my pocketses and be the richest kid in the werld!"

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Even thought you gest and it is funny what I see is more illusion.

Kind of like when a child gets a cut and cries uncontrollably, until a bandage is put on the wound.

This is exactly what they are doing.

Originally posted by VictorVonDoom
Right. We lose pallets of $100 bills in the Middle East, and now a trillion dollar coin. I can see Bernake now, "I had it in my pocket just a minute ago, everyone look around on the floor. It was about this big ..."

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
i say stop trying to be the worlds super hero.. we spend about 28 billion plus on out side developement a year! no one else even comes to half of that the closest is france with 12 billion..

most countries dont apreciate it any way, always talking junk about america and its americans. i say lets just worry about us americans first, fix this bs we are in then maybe go back to helping the world but as far as i can see most dont want that help so why even bother. everyone else likes to think that their economy will be just fine with out america, well i sure as hell would love to find out...

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by USAisdevil

no it cannot - what to you think the MAD doctrine was ????????????

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

After reading about this the other day, I saw one very disturbing flaw in this plan. Russia has platinum coins already in circulation. If Russia is distributing them in low denominations, the trillion dollar coins would cause their currency to inflate. As a result of minting two trillion dollar coins, within the US, Russia will become a nation of multi-trillionaires.

Good luck solving that issue.
edit on 7/31/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Section31

Don't know much on what they plan to use in those coins, if true... I can be wrong but I think it will be more then platinum in that coin, how else would one coin be worth a trillion just an inch thick? It must have something else rare in their, no?

I dont know.... The answere seems so simple to this problem. Stop spending on # we can live with out, at least until we recoup!

I would really love to know where ALL the money goes, even the ones that get "lost". You have to be stupid to think it got lost. Someone knows something about that billion that can't be found here and there.

Has anyone ever researched how much money the American gov. has received since the day it was made "legal" to tax on everything, even income! I would love to know the dollar amount our gov. Blew through and has given back in return. I still don't see the fuel problem solved, they are still stuck on the car fuel problem so it doesn't give me much hope that they have been working on some form of economical fuel or energy for "America"

I don't know about you but why start with cars? Why not homes. Why am I yet to have a reasonable price for an alternat free source of power for my home? How many billions do you need in your bank before you start to give back? And I don't want hand me downs, just good quality life essential things like power at a reasonable price.

Think about all the homes the banks own and has made millions on top of millions on why couldn't a law be made up that they had to upgrade each and every home that was taken back. Instead of using that bail out money on solar panels, generators etc. They spent it on jets and vacations!

Our gov. Is one stupid expensive ass diva!
edit on 31-7-2011 by air101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Trillion Dollar Coins , wouldnt that be great just mint them and pay the national debt off simple

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
My nephew is a pretty smart financial kid. Well he's 27 so not a kid by his standards. Anyway, we were having a discussion about the debt crisis and he says American citizens (including american big companies I think) own 68% of America's debt so all the worry is hyped. Especially when it comes to China. Not sure if this is the right thread to post the comment because there are more relevant threads, but seeing as I'm here first this morning...

What does anyone think about this? Is it true citizens own most of the debt?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

It is true, and your great, great, great, great, great grandchildren will still be paying for it, assuming the human race survives that long, and you have grand children.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

So wait, my parents were wrong? Money does in fact grow on trees? First they lied about Santa Claus and now this!

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

there was no MAD doctrine.. MAD was for public consumption...

really is that soviet military command had been superior to american military by a level of hundreds of years thanks to the torsional and psychotronic weaponry advantage the soviets had . Area 51 ,Dulce and the ufos of usa are nothing compared to what Elipton can do. its combined torsional and psychotronic superweapon , capable of mind controlling entire nations .

back to topic ... when USA will default , China will appeal to Russia , and Russia will do the work of a repo man .

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Sweet, a trillion dollar coin. Imagine the heist movie they'll make about that. Clooney is probably already in negotiations...

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Baked by real gold?

I've got no problems with that.

Call it cheating, but if its real money, who cares?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

Baked by real gold?

I've got no problems with that.

Call it cheating, but if its real money, who cares?

Unless I'm mistaken there isn't going to be enough gold on the planet to cover the currency now in dollars.

A rough estimate of the world's gold would be about 140,000 tonnes?

From there, do the math.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join