The Trillion Dollar Coins That Could Save America

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The problems we face have been there for all to see for more than 30 years. They are 'demographic' in nature and it doesn't matter how you paper it, or digitize it, or monetize it, or whatever.

When you have an aging population, then naturally someone has to provide their care. Problem is, there aren't enough younger people to provide that care. So the grand plan was to 'set aside' as in SS, MCR, MCD, funds to have available for this situation. Now we all know that nothing was 'set aside', it was spent (read-stolen) to enrich bankers through wars, debt, etc.

However, I would put forward that the plan wouldn't have worked anyway. Too few young people to care for too many old people isn't fixed by some paper or digits in a bank somewhere. Because as with anything demand has overwhelmed supply and you can't create younger people out of thin air to balance things.

Of course we as a nation stand at something like 30 million abortions over those 30 years. Which would probably work out to somewhere around a 100 million more able bodied workers coming into the workforce. So we probably shouldn't be so surprised about what is going on, it's basic math.

This is why the gov't can't stop deficit spending, it has no choice but to attempt to support the aging population. Unfortunately, the laws of physics are not open to interpretation. The unsustainable will not be sustained. If you want to see the elderly cared for then you'll have to open your home to one. Reality is going to get rather personal.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
Unless I'm mistaken there isn't going to be enough gold on the planet to cover the currency now in dollars.

A rough estimate of the world's gold would be about 140,000 tonnes?

From there, do the math.

You mean enough recovered gold? I'm a recreational (though pretty well equipped) gold prospector. There's still lots of gold out there, in the hills and mountains. I believe we've recovered less than 10 percent of the gold on earth, closer to 5.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Baked by real gold?

I've got no problems with that.

Call it cheating, but if its real money, who cares?

The gold standard went out the window years ago. I think thats part of the problem..

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
Unless I'm mistaken there isn't going to be enough gold on the planet to cover the currency now in dollars.

A rough estimate of the world's gold would be about 140,000 tonnes?

From there, do the math.

You mean enough recovered gold? I'm a recreational (though pretty well equipped) gold prospector. There's still lots of gold out there, in the hills and mountains. I believe we've recovered less than 10 percent of the gold on earth, closer to 5.

What are you waiting for? go get us a few thousand metric tons of gold and save the USA and world from collapse!

The USA has less than 10,000 tons of Gold now, they need a hell of a lot more, and all the gold from the rest of the world too.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Well, by recreational, I move alot of material, but not that much, lol. I actually sell the concentrates (pay dirt) from my dredge or drywasher, and make a little extra money doing that. So, I am in effect putting more gold out there.
edit on 31-7-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Calm down kids this article was written as a joke. You guys taking it seriously and carring on like some posters have really do a great disservice to this site. Trust uncle Lokdog no trillion dollar coins are going to be minted, maybe some of you can rest a little easier now?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
More of 'any' commodity is not going to change the demographics. Only more 'people' can turn it around at this point. One problem China doesn't seem to have.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
All this debt ceiling crap is SCARE TACTICS people, if the US goes down so does every economy in the world including China, if we cant buy there crap then there economy fails also. This is just another way to make the people scared so the PTB can get what they want.

Its simple, first they give tax breaks then they say were broke so we need tax increase, control control control!!
WAKE UP!

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

you still need gold to meld coinage.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

WOW- thought most here were wise and knowledgeable --
hmmmm - Learn to add, subtract and what the = sign means --- VALUE MUST HAVE VALUE otherwise just a piece of metal -worth a few pennies ----

Go back a couple decades and buy the USSR rubble, or the german money near the end or after WWII or Argenina's money years back -or the Roman Empires ----All worthless paper or pieces of metal ---WHY - nothing behinf it but BULL....

The world knows this - that is why China, Russia, India, Japan, Indonesia, Brazil, etc want other means of trade ---- NOT OUR MONEY (Little real value - just good old AMERICAN HYPE) - no substance just "paint on the old pig".

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by odyseusz

nice one , thats classic.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by HimWhoHathAnEar

Then who's going to pay for those 30 million people when they get old?

If you want to live as long as possible, then save as much as possible in your younger days. Don't spend recklessly and then ask why the government isn't taking care of you, when you get older.

The problem is that people are living way too long these days, and then have all these health problems that require surgeries, and they don't contribute enough to the system to justify all of those problems.

Of course, that's not to say that there aren't solutions. And if people had my knowledge of nutrition, they probably won't even need healthcare at all(I've realized now that EVERYTHING that's happened in my life has a purpose.)

There are almost no practical problems that I can't solve. At this point, however, I'm going to hold off and see what's going to happen, as I want the collapse to happen, as it appears that's the only way that the UFOs will probably show.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
A law against how much money (paper) you can print but not on coins....thats ridiculous. They should just print the money and whoever says they cant do it tell them to go to hell were the USA can do whatever the f*** we want...well not really but thats the attitude america seems to have about everything else

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by HimWhoHathAnEar

we a 14 tillion dollars in debt now!! social security I do believe just started not bringing in more revenues than it makes this year or last. ya, social security could become a major problem down the road, but it's not what caused the 14 trillion dollar deficit!! matter of fact, a good chunk of that 14 trillion is OWED to the social security trust fund!! if there wasn't a social security, well, where would have that big chunk have come from?? china, oh yes, it's far better to have a questionable ally like china as a creditor than our own people, isn't it??
maybe they could have just printed it, ya, then our bread would be costing alot more!!
or....hey....this is a good one!!

they'd just wouldn't have spent the money....

which is where the real problem is....they won't cut their stupid spending habits!!! they won't take the million and one little steps, steps that very few would notice, to cut the budget, they just spend their time arguing about balanced budget ammendments (did our country ever run a balanced budget during a time of war...we kind of have four or five going on at the moment ya know) any balanced budget legislation will have a provision in it exempting times of war...it's a non-issue, unless of course you are a big buddy of the defense industry and want us always in a war or two!! or social security.....like ya, you're not gonna send the seniors their checks, ya try it, see how far it gets ya.....half the country just might go on strike... reform will be needed in the future, but it won't help us at the present time, and well, even if you reform it, the amount that is shown in the figure given as our debt wouldn't be affected, since well, the trust fund will still be holding those notes saying the gov't owes it!!

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

posted by dawnstar
you're not gonna send the seniors their checks, ya try it, see how far it gets

Oh, they'll get their checks alright. Won't buy a can of dog food, but they'll get 'em.

The problem is that there just isn't enough income from the amount of people working as is needed by the people that aren't working and need medical care to boot. That's the whole point of a demographic catch 22 like we're in. Regardless of how many resources are available, you still need people to implement those resources.

As I stated earlier I agree that the paper that was supposed to be set aside for the aging population was stolen. But in order to put that paper to work we would have to import labor and the paper would have to have value. Neither of which the nation seems able to come to terms with.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

The three biggest contributors to the national debt are social security, health care and defense spending, at about 20% each. I think we can agree about the defense spending. The other two, I think, can also easily be fixed(without actually having to cut them altogether.)

Solving the national debt is easy(if there's a problem at all. After all, most of the debt is really to ourselves. In the end, it really comes down to which group of people you want to screw) Solving the world's problems, now, that's a challenge.
edit on 31-7-2011 by np6888 because: (no reason given)
edit on 31-7-2011 by np6888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
OK..U.S. currency collapses..not because of next week. That's shortsighted.And a nice fear tactic.

We know Khadafi wanted to exchange his oil in Euro's instead of Dollars and someone got pissed.I'm not saying that's why we're there. I don't know..

We know some "entity" for globalization wants a new Amero to go with the Euro....

When? And How do they "flip" the currency?

And who's going to be left out of the new world exchange currencies?

Hillary is awefully busy continuing her global sales presentation, that started with George Sr.Bill,Jr.,(and before?) and continues through the Obama abortion.

Any metal commodity that isn't already identified as value, will get stolen and melted down.. Sewer covers,copper,any thing that becomes declared value will be stolen.

I'm not gonna wheel barrel coins around.

I'll watch and wait how you guys figure this one out.
I was already told by a really wealthy guy to start buying different currencies NOW,and see which ones hang on for the change. NO, not Liddy or Beck saying buy Gold.

I'm so broke,I need a co-signer when I pay cash.( I have a new moustrap to beat down my door). So..I'm not the solution,although I've been told I look like George Soros after a rough weekend. He's not the solution either. (I'm actually much better looking)

Back to barter and exchange for percieved value seems something Americans will be able to do,while we tell each other it's our JOB to manage the whole fricking planet.

Who said so? When did that become our JOB? THOSE jokers in Washington are in charge of our PLANET?

No wonder everyone hates us.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by lokdog
Calm down kids this article was written as a joke. You guys taking it seriously and carring on like some posters have really do a great disservice to this site. Trust uncle Lokdog no trillion dollar coins are going to be minted, maybe some of you can rest a little easier now?

It's not a joke in that the Treasury Secretary does have this power.

The real point is that the joke is on the American people. The whole debt for currency arrangement with the FED is a farce. The debt deal negotiation drama story in the media is purely theatrical, the outcome is planned.

They put on this big media show lately about pretending to be responsible about spending etc. They also want the 'tea party' to look like idiots because it was a grass roots movement and if it had honest leaders who really understood liberty, their agenda would be in trouble. Instead, it gets co-opted like every other movement. The stooge leaders demand the worst things, to punish us all as a people for demanding liberty and the prosperity it would bring.

You actually could throw another trillion into the US economy and it wouldn't be all that bad for inflation here. The truth is the US economy is seriously lacking in cash right now. It is leaking like a sieve from the trade deficit and debt in general.

Give a trillion dollars to 100 million people and it is only $10,000 each. That wouldn't even drive up rent prices. A lot of people would just pay down debt.

Where it would cause inflationary pressure, to the extent that it would, would be in China.

new topics
top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join