It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas set to execute man despite possible mental disability

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Did you read the case facts? He executed (2) innocent people and paralyzed a third in cold hearted fashion. If he did not know what he did was wrong, why did he flee the scene running like the coward he is?

People involved in this particular incident tried to talk him down to no avail.

Now I do not agree with executing everybody that comes by way of the death penalty handed down through the courts, however, in this instance the punishment fits the crime. IMO he threw the disability out the window after he went on to shoot the second victim. They know for a fact without a doubt that he committed this crime.

I'm no armchair murderer by any maens and I do have compassion for the truly mentally disabled; this is just not the case in this particular instance.

With that being said......................bring on my tag team partner and let's take a trip to Texas!!!

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thwax

Originally posted by Kryties

Originally posted by DaddyBare
We Kill Retards... Hitler did that too ya know

Just wanted to requote that for absolute truth.

We kill retards who kill innocent girls. Hitler killed retards for no reason. What exactly are you aiming for here? Ever read "Of Mice And Men"?
edit on 22-6-2011 by Thwax because: (no reason given)

But don't you see the flaw in this system...
They always knew this man was a menace... a danger... going back to when he was killing dogs or holding them for ransom... they also knew he had a drug problem and they knew he scored low on the IQ test (a 62 as I recall) ...

those facts in themselves were enough of a warning that he needed help... needed to be removed, possibility hospitalized to get treatment and therapy... but they didn't... they left him be and he killed... who's to blame... his teachers his parents family and friends his doctors or the authorities who shrugged knowing this was escalating out of control... no sir I say if you're gonna stick a needle in his arm you should do so to everyone who failed him and allowed this to happen
edit on 22-6-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

The message we are sending is there is 0 tolerance for criminals who commit murder. It's no longer "you do the crime you do the time", it's more like "you commit muder, you die" , lol.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by pacofunk64
reply to post by Kryties

1 rope or 1 bullet can realistically take care of the issue for under $5. Under new law of murder for a murder there would be no appeals, no lawyers, no nothing. You kill someone you die.

And what about the many people who are currently sitting innocent on Death Row? Without those appeals and lawyers you would be sending them to their death - what do you think of that? Do you just chalk it up to 'Collateral Damage' and move on?

There is a damn good reason for all the lawyers and appeals - it's to take the decision out of the hands of hicks with shotguns and psychopathic tendancies......and even then it still doesn't work sometimes - namely those innocent people sent to their deaths by sexually charged psychopaths.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

His IQ is so low because of his drug use. He's a grown man and he made these decisions likely because his brain was fried. No one else needs to suffer because of the multiple poor decisions he made in his life. He made his bed now he must lay in it. Or shall I say he dug his grave now he must be burried in it.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by JaeBea
reply to post by Kryties

Did you read the case facts? He executed (2) innocent people and paralyzed a third in cold hearted fashion. If he did not know what he did was wrong, why did he flee the scene running like the coward he is?

People involved in this particular incident tried to talk him down to no avail.

Now I do not agree with executing everybody that comes by way of the death penalty handed down through the courts, however, in this instance the punishment fits the crime. IMO he threw the disability out the window after he went on to shoot the second victim. They know for a fact without a doubt that he committed this crime.

I'm no armchair murderer by any maens and I do have compassion for the truly mentally disabled; this is just not the case in this particular instance.

With that being said......................bring on my tag team partner and let's take a trip to Texas!!!

You're completely missing my point. I don't care what the man did, the death sentence is backward and barbaric and a throwback from the Dark Ages. A life sentence in a prison is cheaper, more humane and doesn't lower you to their level.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

You're digging to deep here...most of the murders are self confessed. A lot of them are off of evidense whether it be DNA, video, eye witness. Obviously every law we discuss is going to have obsticles & no matter what you do there is no good way around it. Anyways...it's been fun debating. To each their own & I respect your opinion.
edit on 22-6-2011 by pacofunk64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Yes, he know's exactly what he did. He understood what he was doing at the time. I work with MHMR Facilities across the nation and talk with people who are either mentally ill or mentally retarded. Just because they're not smart according to tests does not mean they should get a free pass. These people understand far more than what you think they do. If he was mentally retarded i could understand that, but his person with that high of an IQ is not, he's mentally ill. Maybe schizophrenic or something like that but that does not excuse killing people.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by pacofunk64

And of course none of that is able to be faked? Which has happened in multiple cases.

I think the fact that even ONE person has been executed wrongfully should stop the whole system and make people look more carefully at it. But that never happens because of the Execution Diehards who flock to their cause all circle-jerking each other over who gets to 'pull the switch'.

It's the same mentality as Americans and their guns - it's all about the killing and asking questions later (otherwise known as Collateral Damage)
edit on 22/6/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I think anytime there is an eye witness there is no trial, execution on site. If you are caught red handed, you die immediately. Swift judgement and execution would send the right signal to the criminals!

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I totally get your point and I do agree to some extent (see line three), however, this man is backward and barbaric based on what he did and how he did it! Although a life in prison may be cheaper and more humane, no justice is served.

I do not believe the Death Penalty should be applied if any doubt at all is present due to the manipulation of our court system but this is just not the case in this situation.

He came in to possession of a weapon, acquired ammunition, loaded the weapon, went to a residence and murdered in cold blood twice (maybe even pre-meditated), and then fled the scene.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by JaeBea
reply to post by Kryties

A life sentence in a prison is cheaper, more humane and doesn't lower you to their level.

what did they do to deserve being humane to? When a 30 year old man rapes tortures and kills a little girl, how can you say that putting him to sleep and injecting him is just as bad as what he did? If he did feel pain then it was for a very short period of time and i mean seconds. Now i can't argue with you about cheaper. I know that might have been the case 4 years ago but today i know some things have changed. But honestly i don't mind paying taxes for this person to die, rather than pay taxes to see him fed everyday, get a bed to sleep in with a/c, be able to work out, watch tv etc.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by JaeBea

I keep saying it, but it doesn't matter what the man did - or what anyone does for that matter - it doesn't detract from the fact that killing as a punishment is wrong on every conceivable level.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by blair56

It doesn't matter. Killing in return for killing, no matter how it is carried out, is barbaric, horrendous and backwards, straight out of the Dark Ages.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

reply to post by blair56

It doesn't matter. Killing in return for killing, no matter how it is carried out, is barbaric, horrendous and backwards, straight out of the Dark Ages.

what is your solution then? I hope you don't think Jail is a suitable punishment for ppl like the example i gave or even in this situation.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by blair56

Read the whole thread, I've answered that question multiple times already.

Why don't people read threads before they post?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

because a lot of don't have the time to read 8 pages of a thread...

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by blair56

And I don't have the time or the patience to answer the same question 10 times in a thread because people are too lazy to read it.

But fine, one more time.......

Life imprisonment in a 6x4 jail cell is more than suitable punishment for a murderer. It is cheaper, doesn't lower us to their level and is rather satisfying knowing someone will never see freedom again - instead being made to stare at a wall 23 hours a day.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Well, to better punish to fit the crime, let's just hang them on a cross like the romans did until they die from exposure and starvation. That way they feel more pain than did the people they murdered. I think execution is much more humane. It is also a deterrent if they realize they cannot tie up the legal system for 20 years exhausting appeals.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join