It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas set to execute man despite possible mental disability

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by AngryOne

So the guy was retarded. How is that relevant?

Should we execute children? They are retarded, too.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

After all the insults and derogatory comments made against me in this thread, simply for believing it's wrong to kill people as punishment, I think you'll find i'm in absolutely NO mood to be joked at - particularly not by disgusting excuses for humans who scream gleefully about mass genocide.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

After all the insults and derogatory comments made against me in this thread, simply for believing it's wrong to kill people as punishment, I think you'll find i'm in absolutely NO mood to be joked at - particularly not by disgusting excuses for humans who scream gleefully about mass genocide.

Okay, understood. Now relax.

Anyway, I am now inclined to ask you what your religious affiliation is. Are you a Christian?

Originally posted by Maslo
Should we execute children? They are retarded, too.

Um..........no comment.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

No religious affiliation whatsoever. My conviction comes simply from my sense of right and wrong.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Oh, okay. I just had to ask, as it seems like it's the Christians who are the biggest advocates of the "all life is sacred" concept, which can really be taken too far, it seems. See, I am of the opinion that when it comes to life, a priority must be placed on quality -- rather than quantity. If this means a hell of a lot more dead people, so be it.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

I'm taking that as a threat. Do it again and this thread will be alerted to mods and possibly even the police.
edit on 23/6/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

No comment.

Yes, I fully agree that more people should be executed. Far too many scummy criminals kept in prisons on my money.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

So who decides who gets to live and die then? You? Me? Bob the Builder?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Would you like me to go back and quote you on every single occasion you have used some of the most disgusting terms against people? If I am right, you have been insulting everyone with a different opinion to you...

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Thwax

We could also run through the gleefully delivered, horrendous posts made by some people talking about how they love thinking about killing people. But we won't because that would be off-topic and about members rather than the topic itself.

ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

You may wish to peruse this link.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

reply to post by Thwax

We could also run through the gleefully delivered, horrendous posts made by some people talking about how they love thinking about killing people. But we won't because that would be off-topic and about members rather than the topic itself.

ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

You may wish to peruse this link.

Please, take your own advice:

Ahhh, more disgusting armchair murderers.

I don't care what a person did wrong, execution is a Dark Ages throwback and only the very slow or the intellectually challenged still think it is the right thing to do. It is wrong in every way, shape or form and nobody, particularly those disgusting people who advocate it, will ever change my mind.

How do people like you sleep at night? Oh wait, don't answer that.......I can imagine you would sleep quite well in your bloodbath dreams......

reply to post by laiguana

I hope somebody shows you the same courtesy someday.

Bet your tune would change then eh.

I like that one, especially when thinking about your threat tantrum earlier

reply to post by Mishmashum

I value toilet paper over the opinion of someone who values money more than human life.

I am utterly disgusted by some people.
edit on 21/6/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

Blows the money argument right out of the water and leaves the shotgun-toting psychopaths realing and searching for other excuses to justify their beloved death penalty.

reply to post by mydarkpassenger

I hold absolutely no respect whatsoever to those who think killing someone somehow justifies their killing of someone else.

Methinks you are mistaking me for somebody who cares about your opinion.

All you advocates sound like rednecks with your 'execute him' and 'let him fry'. Think about those words with a hillbilly accent and you'll see what I mean

reply to post by zerotime

Can you say that with a hillbilly, redneck accent? Pretty please? It would make it sound so much more meaningful....

Whoopdy doo. Still doesn't make it right to kill him back.

Life sentence in a 6x4 jail cell is more than appropriate, no matter how many shotgun-toting psychopaths say otherwise.

reply to post by zerotime

Wow, you really didn't read the thread did you? Because if you did you would find all your issues have already been covered. But here it is again for the dummies.....

That is just from the first 5 pages. I will continue as and when needed. It really isn't me that needs to read those rules now, is it?

Back to the topic, I prefer the East German method for execution. You weren't told when your date of execution was, but on the day, an officer would walk into your cell, tell you that your execution was imminent, and then BOOM, you were shot.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Thwax

reply to post by dbates

Slightly off-topic but I would like to apologise for my part in the off-topic posts and attacking members. I have been a member here for a long time and should know better than to resort to that.

The Death Penalty is a topic that strikes very close to my heart. It shames me immensely to see the complete disregard for human life and true and right justice by those who advocate it. Yes, the people being executed have done something horrendously wrong, but I remain steadfastly resolute that we, as human beings, should not also lower ourselves to the same level and apply vengeance where our sense of humanity should prevail.

You forgot that one on Page 11

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Serizawa
This guy is dangerous and he may harm other people, As for the death sentence I'm not really sure I support it in most cases and this seems to be one of them.

You sure are strong in your convictions.

Not really sure, but what the hell right?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Since this discussion doesn't seem to be able to continue in a civil matter, and since the execution has come and gone I think we've come to an end of this discussion.

Thread Closed.

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join