It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas set to execute man despite possible mental disability

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by zerotime

Wow, you really didn't read the thread did you? Because if you did you would find all your issues have already been covered. But here it is again for the dummies.....

Originally posted by zerotime
God forbid but I hope no criminal every kills your family members. You might think otherwise.

Already been answered...

Originally posted by Kryties

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger

As for changing tunes, you might sing a different song yourself should someone you love ever be a victim of an animal that kills for fun and profit.

If someone I loved were to be subjected to being killed then I would sleep safe in the knowledge that he would be locked up in a small 6x4 cell for the rest of his natural life.

I don't seen much benefit having this guy sitting in a cell where he could hurt another inmate of a lesser crime, or where our tax dollars are being spent on his food and medical supplies. There are much more deserving people.

Already been answered...

Actually, the kicker is when people realise it's actually more expensive to execute someone than to keep them locked up. Shuts the death penalty advocates right up......

Capital Punishment Costs More Than Life in Prison Without Parole

North Carolina spends $2.16 million per execution more than the costs of a non-death penalty murder case.

Florida has spent around $57 million on the death penalty for just 18 executions. This averages to about $3.2 million per execution.

In Texas, the death penalty costs an average of $2.3 million per execution, three times more expensive than imprisoning someone in a single cell at the highest security level for 40 years.

The State of Ohio spent $1.5 million to execute a mentally retarded man who wanted to be executed.

California spends $90 million annually on the death penalty over the costs of their regular system. $78 million of that money is spent at the trial level, proving that the death penalty costs come almost completely from the trial level. Not the appeals process, like everyone thinks it does.

To execute or not: A question of cost?
States discover it's cheaper to imprison killers for life than to execute them

After decades of moral arguments reaching biblical proportions, after long, twisted journeys to the nation's highest court and back, the death penalty may be abandoned by several states for a reason having nothing to do with right or wrong:

Money.

Turns out, it is cheaper to imprison killers for life than to execute them, according to a series of recent surveys. Tens of millions of dollars cheaper, politicians are learning, during a tumbling recession when nearly every state faces job cuts and massive deficits.

So an increasing number of them are considering abolishing capital punishment in favor of life imprisonment, not on principle but out of financial necessity.

"It's 10 times more expensive to kill them than to keep them alive," though most Americans believe the opposite, said Donald McCartin, a former California jurist known as "The Hanging Judge of Orange County" for sending nine men to death row.

Blows the money argument right out of the water and leaves the shotgun-toting psychopaths realing and searching for other excuses to justify their beloved death penalty.

Please try to catch up.
edit on 22/6/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

You just can't stand that people having a different opinion from you. It really makes you angry. You get intensely upset with people who believe different ideas, but you would sleep soundly knowing your families murderer is still alive??? wow. I can't be bullied by weak people acting tough on an internet forum. Naming calling, bitter comments, childish attempts to put others beneath you only exposes your own psychological issues. Here's a dose of reality for ya. This criminal is going to be put to death. And he deserves it.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by zerotime

If you had have read the entire thread you would know that I hold absolutely no respect whatsoever for people who believe execution is a fair punishment for murder. Killing someone for killing someone else makes it just as bad for the people perpetrating it, as well as those who advocate it.

It disgusts me how people put money or vengeance over respect for human life NO MATTER WHAT THEY HAVE DONE.

But wait, you'll just come back with some comment like "you bunny loving hippy" LMAO.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

reply to post by Kryties

This criminal is going to be put to death. And he deserves it.

Funny how it's only the U.S. and Muslim countries who advocate the Dark Ages throwback of execution. Two peas in a pod perhaps?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Murder is murder, I don't care how you slice it. This is what happens when liberals get a hold of the justice system. If you murder someone, sorry, end game. Personally, I think public executions should be re-instituted. I say fry the bastard!

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

Wow, you lot just keep coming out of the woodwork don't ya.

'Fry the bastard' has a good ring to it when spoken with a redneck/hillbilly/hick accent don't you think?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

reply to post by Kryties

You just can't stand that people having a different opinion from you.

Actually, I stated earlier in the thread that I simply don't care about the opinions of people who advocate execution.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

It would if I were a redneck. But I am not, I am a professional college graduate. I am not however a bleeding heart liberal such as yourself. You can keep trying to validate your point through name calling and such, but I will no longer acknowledge your presence as in doing so would just lead you to violate the T&C of this site, and we wouldn't want you to get into trouble now would we?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

Knock yourself out mate. I've been on this site a lot longer than you and know the rules and conditions of posting. If I had have actually insulted people the mods would be all over it don't you worry. As it happens, I have not - although it's not my fault if weak people look at my comments as being insults.

You may wish to review this link carefully - as you're all into rules and conditions and stuff.....

The Rise Of The ATS Invertebrate: or, it takes a spine to be a conspiracy theorist.

The staff and I have noticed a distinct rise in a certain type of complaint via the complaint form, thread/post alerts, our contact form, and even in public drama-thread attempts. This distinct type of complaint has many forms and various styles of presentation, but all-in-all, can be condensed down to a simple common denominator, and to be blunt it is best described as: spinelessness.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

reply to post by Kryties

You just can't stand that people having a different opinion from you.

Actually, I stated earlier in the thread that I simply don't care about the opinions of people who advocate execution.

Well evidently you do care, since you seem to have spent the entire day crying about how people support the death penalty. Has this retard been fried yet?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thwax

Well evidently you do care, since you seem to have spent the entire day crying about how people support the death penalty.

I care about ridding this planet of the Death Penalty - a barbaric and horrendous throwback from the Dark Ages that only Muslim countries and the United States still practice. In fact, the U.S. and the Muslim countries look to have more in common than they would like to admit don't you think?

Has this retard been fried yet?

Lovely. Thankyou for showing your true colours for all to see.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Yup, nature has a way of weeding out what is not needed. Back in the day, he would have been killed on the spot for what he did. And a retard is a retard no matter how you try to nice it up. I'm sorry, but if you are too stupid to understand the laws then you should not be able to roam free. OOhhh, let me pull the switch!

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik
Yup, nature has a way of weeding out what is not needed. Back in the day, he would have been killed on the spot for what he did.

Yeah, and most of the rest of the world has realised that it was wrong and has stopped the barbaric practice. Pity the 'Worlds Superpower' Mr Great and Almighty America hasn't caught up to this fact.

And a retard is a retard no matter how you try to nice it up.

With people like you around, who needs idiots eh?

I'm sorry, but if you are too stupid to understand the laws then you should not be able to roam free. OOhhh, let me pull the switch!

Stupid? Now who is throwing around insults eh? Practice what you preach much?

And there is a reason they don't let people like you 'throw the switch' - the enjoyment you gain from it is disgusting, almost sexual in nature and quite frankly wrong on every conceivable level.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Please!! Anyone can intentionally perform poorly on an IQ test, no problem.

So after 13 years they have "evidence" that he is mentally disabled? If they do not know.........carry on with the execution as planned. He should have been executed within (6) months of being convicted if he without a doubt pulled the trigger killing the (2) and paralyzing another.

Let me get this straight............

1 - He was capable of coming in to possession of a gun / rifle (not sure of his weapon of choice).
2 - He was capable of coming in to possession of ammunition for the above weapon of choice.
3 - He was capable of going to a location by some means of transportation to perform this cowardly act.
4 - He was capable of loading his weapon of choice.
5 - He was capable of pulling the trigger to shoot the first individual.............then a second............and the third.

Now I could go on, however, let me move to my next point.

"The American Association on Mental Retardation ("AAMR") defines mental retardation as: (1) sub-average general intellectual functioning (i.e., an IQ of approximately 70 to 75 or below) that exists concurrently with (2) related limitations in two or more adaptive skill areas (communication, self-care, home living, social skills, community use, self-direction, health and safety, functional academics, leisure, and work), and (3) onset before the age of eighteen."

If the above definition is accurate from The American Association on Mental Retardation; IMO that would account for around half of the youth population and a third of adults. Keep making excuses if you would like, this man deserves to die.

I would say he is more than competant and he is fully aware of what he did and what he needs to do to weasel out of his punishment. The man is a coward, as well as, a menace to society!

If anybody has a problem down in the Lone Star flippin the switch.............feel free to give me a call, I will be glad to accommodate.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by JaeBea

S&F to you! I too would be more than willing to pull the switch! Tag Team!

It's this kind of thing that really pisses people off. As my father told me once, don't do the crime if you can't do the time. So true.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by JaeBea

Whoopdy doo - doesn't detract from the fact that execution is a barbarically disgusting throwback from the Dark Ages that is practiced today as a vengeance based system in the U.S. and Muslim countries only - while the rest of the world has woken up to the fact that execution is wrong.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik
reply to post by JaeBea

S&F to you! I too would be more than willing to pull the switch! Tag Team!

Yep, there's that sexual overtone I was talking about. People sitting at home getting erections from thinking about 'pulling the switch' - tag team style.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I've always preached that two wrongs don't make a right and I live by that the best I can. But when it comes to murder I think a lot of times they get off too easy. I'm sorry but if the US had a 0 tolerance for murder then these crimes would not be committed as much. If someone knew they would be executed almost immediately I can guarantee that they would think again.

So they determine this guy might be mentally handicapped after he was arrested. His lawyers told him to bomb this test. Of course he's going to try & do poorly on this test to get a pass on the death sentence. I'm sorry but this guy has already gotten a break in the fact that he gets a trial.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

reply to post by JaeBea

Whoopdy doo - doesn't detract from the fact that execution is a barbarically disgusting throwback from the Dark Ages that is practiced today as a vengeance based system in the U.S. and Muslim countries only - while the rest of the world has woken up to the fact that execution is wrong.

China also executes people, as does Japan, as does India, in fact, just look here en.wikipedia.org...

As you will see, more countries use the death penalty than just the US and Muslim countries only, as you have asserted non stop.

Hopefully it will be re-instated in the UK soon. Burn, baby (minded adult) burn!

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Thwax

Sorry, I forgot about the Communists and the Hindus executing people. So because they do it you think you are justified in following their example?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join