It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Australian media is saying about the OBL killing ... may surprise you!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by WordPlayJAy

there should not and i doubt will not be a pull back from the middle east ... just because obl is dead no matter when he was killed --- the problem was not only him but the zealots he represented,, untill they are wiped off the earth there will allways be trouble from the middle east. you have to look at the larger picture here.....

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

There have been many occassions where there has been collabration between U.S SF and SAS both Australian and British. We often have "exchange training" sessions but the Brits and Aussies have desert warfare down pretty good.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by dwmjr1985
reply to post by ExCommando

Don't you know.. The United States doesn't have to follow international law, much like the soviet union when they where taking over the world. Who is going to stand up to the United States. By the way Australia and New Zealand.. two of my favorite countries... Hope to immigrate to one of them soon.

Perhaps you should read this...

www.meforum.org...

And I challenge ANYONE here, to take 10 minutes, and simply imagine...."your sitting at home and a call comes in/a knock on the door /a friend rushes to your house /a news flash on your tv I¨m sorry -insert your name here- but your wife,husband,child,father,mother WHOEVER you hold dear has been killed tell me you do not, will not feel anger, and then when,if they kill the person,persons who did it, you DO NOT FEEL RELIEF,SATISFACTION and even JOY that the person who CHANGED YOUR LIFE FOREVER is dead.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

Neither have I. Mostly what I've heard now are; "well now that's over" "Good" "Rot in hell" "He was already dead anyway" and "Justice has been served." Personally I don't know how I felt besides maybe shock because I had forgotten about OBL along time ago. Regardless if it was true or not, it felt convenient and strategical to me. I never celebrated his death as I had long ago forgiven him. That celebration seen in the streets is the EXACT same thing the media showed us over there when 911 happened. It's all media propaganda and those people dancing and shouting and singing in the street were the ones out for blood to begin with. Not all Americans think the same. We tend to have VERY different opinions.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
If OBL in fact did carry out the 9/11 attacks, and that's a big time IF, why would he still deserve any right that belongs to human beings??
I mean unless someone who's screaming "Human Rights Violations" on this thread can expalin to me differently.... He showed his tyranical ways on 9/11.

This really is more of a moral question more than anything else.

TWBU

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jbmitch

You mean the British and New Zealand SAS.....yes I know the Australian SAS are there too but the NZ SAS are superior and far better trained for desert warfare!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by NetStorm

I would probably feel relief and satisfaction maybe, but never joy. Joy is for when happy things happen...if he is dead the only thing I feel is some closure and not really much of that because we did not kill the way that the people who follow him think or believe. He will be judged...but not by me. I have never celebrated the death of anyone. Don't get me wrong I hear what you're saying and I also believe to each his own. If anyone wants to party because OBL has allegedly been killed, go for it. Deal with your emotions anyway you want. Just remember when doing so, you NEVER know who's watching....

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by osirys
its obvious... we aren't

No offense meant to americans, I love you guys, and my gf is from Wisconsin. But even as a canadian, hearing about people celebrating and dancing in the streets because of the death of one man is a little sickening.

On the other hand I don't think all american people are really that bloodthirsty, I think for the most part they have been portrayed to be for a reason. All it takes is on zealet to represent a group of people (as seen with OBL).

Answer this: How do you go about toppling a nation, without first instilling hatred towards it from the rest of the world?

I'm American and I found it pretty sickening, I mentioned as much the night it happened on here.

I found the media's coverage a lot more sickening, though, as each anchor or talking head gleefully talked about the death on each news channel. It was actually pretty strange to watch, IMO.

I think there are a lot of decent, smart Americans but I also think there are a lot of braindead dummies in this country. But I guess you could say the same thing about most, if not all countries.

The celebrations actually reminded me of videos of Middle East people burning American flags in recent years that would be shown on the news.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
It is a very hard decision and or outcome when we take the life of another human. .there is no reason to celebrate or gloat for the unpleasant things we must do in life, or we are no better then our hostile enemy

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Poor OBL boohoo..He got what he deserved. If he had killed 3000+ people including children in AUS would you have offered him a cookie and a warm meal for his efforts? My uncle died in the twin Tower attacks. I didn't want to see OBL keep running his network and keep killing more people. When he was killed he had more warning then many of the 3000+ people he had slaughtered.

I'm sure my post will be removed to protect the faint hearts that can't handle that the great patriot bin laden did not get a fair trial.

Sick.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalunom
I think the majority of the celebrants seen outside the white house, times square, etc. the night of the announcement were just college kids going out to be part of the crowd, get some youtube vids, tweets, and facebook posts... Most of them were probably 10 years old when 9/11 happened...it's just mass hysteria, imo.

Most kids always look for a reason to party

Common now. Give them a break. So they cheered...who cares. I see stupid people cheering for stupid reasons all around the world. Everyone has their own ways at looking at things.

I'm sure the reality will settle in the next day but for the moment they decided to join the band wagon and cheer. Let the other side of the world (anti US governments) see this as well. It is after all a propoganda and we are only playing the same game as they are. I'm sure many of them are good students and good kids with a good family.

At least there is a sense of pride and patriotism upto certain extent in the cheering of the news
We can question this any which way we please but lets just give them a break if they're out cheering the good news that most of us have received (real or fake) in a Loooooooooooooooooong time

edit on 4-5-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-5-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by NetStorm

I urge you to do the same for the hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians killed in the middle east because of our foreign policies, and the dictators we have either aided or installed there. I would have rather seen OBL stand trial for his horrific actions. But I'm sure it would have looked bad, that the CIA funded OBL for so many years.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
To the OP of which is the only post I read in this thread:

I do not appreciate you words "blood lust of the American people." The American people are no different then any other people in their Countries.

I for one am very tired of hearing words like this especially when/if the tables are turned it always seems to be okay for every other Country to do what they do to our men and women but "we" the Americans are put on the table when we do something.

I believe you need to take those six words back
edit on 4-5-2011 by observe50 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
For everyone saying that it is sickening to see America rejoice at the alleged death of OBL, perhaps you forgot that WE were attacked on our soil. For the people whose nations were liberated from tyranny by America in the past, did they not rejoice when their dictators were overthrown or eliminated? To rejoice because justice has been done is not wrong. It is human. To avenge the deaths of thousands of Americans and even more world wide, is a just thing. IF he is dead, then it is right, and proper to rejoice that at least THAT evil is no more.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

What I am concerned about is the slippery slope that the US Government has started to slide down, and the apparent blood lust of the American people.

What blood lust is that?

I'm American. How have I lusted after blood?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vikus

Originally posted by neo96
alot of us ameircans did not celebrate obls death

alot of us americans are shamed of our country at the moment.

dont believe everything you see on tv.

Yes we do.

Didn't you see that crowd that instantaneously appeared in front of the White House (flags, signs, and everything) right after Osama's death announcement?

I wondered about that as well, it was late in the evening when the announcement was made, almost immediately this flag waving crowd appeared. Wher di the people come from, all prepared with flags etc.
Where they rent-a-crowd?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ExCommando

Thank you for the article and your viewpoint ExCom. It is appreciated.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
OP needs to realize, this is just American Politics. Obama's poll numbers have been on a steady decline due to broken promises and a worsening economy. While I'm not convinced our liar in chief actually took down Osama this last weekend, I assume there will be a bit of an uptick in his poll numbers due to the announcement. Being able to declare mission accomplished in Afghanistan, he should be able to bring the troops home from there. That may be the one partial promise he will be able to campaign on. He did only two weeks or so ago officially kick off his 2012 presidential run.

It's all just a way to legitimize his pitiful presidency so far. A way to fool the fools that voted for him last time for no particular reason to vote for him again.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Remember, those dancing in front of the White House are of the same mindset of those who voted for this moron. He could take a dump and they'd be cheering.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRealTruth84

You say bin laden murdered 1000's across the world? does that mean now he is apparently dead that the killings are going to stop? Bin Laden is 1 person in a terrorist network, he has been in hiding for the past 10 years, how many others have killed in that time? I can guanratee you the US military have killed more people in the last 10 years that Bin Laden could kill in his lifetime.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join