It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Australian media is saying about the OBL killing ... may surprise you!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

I have listened to many people around me express great joy that Osama bin Laden was executed. Even someone I respected, a candidate for Lt. Governor of my state, who I believed to be intelligent and compassionate, called me a traitor and demanded I leave, because I simply expressed my opinion that I believe that bin Laden should have been captured and tried, instead of executed.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by kyred

I have listened to many people around me express great joy that Osama bin Laden was executed. Even someone I respected, a candidate for Lt. Governor of my state, who I believed to be intelligent and compassionate, called me a traitor and demanded I leave, because I simply expressed my opinion that I believe that bin Laden should have been captured and tried, instead of executed.

It's a shame that common sense and compassion flees - it's almost like the last 10 years have gradually bled any sense of compassion or decency out of some people.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ExCommando

I was taking the mick - I didn't realise you were actually upset about my comment. I take my apology back - you need to harden up mate.

Why do i see another doghead, any way continue

Wal

ps old posters and lurkers will know

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SNAFU38

The security risk has increased because the CIA and Pentagon says so. Fact is, when you invade another's nation then kill and murder large numbers of innocent people, obvious there's ALWAYS going to be an increased risk whether OBL is dead or not.

If the risk has increased, it's not because of OBL, but because our Western militaries have targeted a 3rd nation to invade with more planned invasions of other Arab nations coming.

Do you in all honesty think because suddenly the Pentagon declare OBL is dead (yep, we already knew 10 years ago) that our troops are going to leave Afghanistan now? Nope. So what has changed??? Nothing. There are still troops in Iraq!!! Now what did Saddam have to do with OBL? Nothing.

Now while Obama spends 1 trillion USD$ and 5000 US troops have lost their lives for supposedly chasing OBL and Al Qaeda, suddenly Al Qaeda are good buddies with NATO and unite to oust Ghaddafi !

But what has now suddenly escaped the minds of the Americans.....Obama's long version birth certificate that was quite clearly tampered with and the 9/11 debunkers have gone quiet.

Obama's mission looks like it was successful.......but we will know for sure come election time.

edit on 4-5-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Indeed, I questioned how the crowds were able to organize and start celebrations before the official confirmation was made. Staged rallies with flags to put on the evening news with the anthem drumming in the background?

Flag waving syndrome does indeed work, it worked after 911 and it's working now, show enough of it and people will follow the crowd.

But hey it's great news right? I mean now they have ammunition to sell a war on Pakistan to the public, OBL was right beside a military base!

Oh and don't forget this was all made possibly by wiretaps and other tactics desperately needing vindication as of late.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

So your a X-SAS (no one actually ever leaves once they've played fox and hounds). As an American and former SF soldier, there are professional ethics even in our line of work. Historically the US began as a "hands off governement" and preferred to mind our own political affairs. I believe that if you quiry the heart of our country, away from polical centers like DC, you'll find Americans are still the same. We want America to be great and strong, and Free. Unfornuately, you cant have that and be policitically blind. America has been drawn into the international arena purely on the basis of an instinct for survial. You as a professional know how we approach these things.. major bragging rights to the team who accomplished this mission. I agree its in poor taste to "celebrate" openly and it only lowers us (the US) to the level of those that we are trying to counter. Civil rights for someone like OBL who has been operating outside the juristiction of human rights for the last 10 years has no right (IMHO) to claim civil rights for himself when brought to an accounting of his deeds.
So what is written above the boat house in Skullthrope?
edit on 4-5-2011 by jbmitch because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Must be a Sydney thing, perhaps one left wing leaning reporter?

Not heard anything like that over here in the Enlightened West Aus.

Hell even Mel and Koche were not saying anything about the US and they love being on the edge, you know..

You sure it was SMH and not GreenLeft?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I can't get my head around the media, sorry... The biggest news which may aswell be as big as the royal wedding and all they have on the guy is a few clips of him sitting in the mountains, driving a bulldozer or some sh!t, holding a gun, training people how to defend themselves against invaders. This guy was funded by the american government 2-3 decades ago, yet we sit here and celebrate what? the end of terrorism? No... somewhere along the line something worse than 9/11 is going to happen, and its possible he didn't cause it, because the US government will fund someone like him again, and the same f**king story will repeat itself....

If it happened fair enough, but running around in the streets waving flags does not mean you have won. Osama was 1 person, whether he died 2 days ago or 10 years ago. your war has not even begun. As long as you are the bench mark, you will be hunted. Get your # together. Even us so called descendants of convicts can see this. If you were not the powerhouse in the world what would yous be doing? Working out how to destroy the pricks who were controlling you, and another person is going to step up and take that challenge on like Osama did.

Don't like my post, stiff, at least I'm honest... nite.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

I agree. It's highly questionable that they ADMIT to killing him, even though he wasn't armed. And the fact the POTUS is calling the killing "Justice" really sets of alarm bells.

Killing is never 'justice'.

I don't understand how they didn't take him alive, put him on trial for 9/11 and then when found guilty execute him. I just read this -

uk.news.yahoo.com...

Quote "After bin Laden's death, the ground commander of the raid, who was supposed to use the code word "Geronimo" for bin Laden's killing or capture, instead transmitted the more emotional "For God and country, Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo", MSNBC reported.

Stories such as this can and will add to extremism. This puts soldiers at more risk doesn't it?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

I saddens me that anyone can find joy in another's death. I just went back and reviewed two speech's, one by Cheney and one by Bush, and they both now admit Osama had nothing to do with 9-11. So to me, this is just a political game being played out for another distraction. Reality as it is being played out on msm is not reality at all, nor is mine, for true facts have been kept away from the people, sad but true.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
It was mentioned on another thread, about the fact that the "celebration" over this event was way too quick. Right after Obama's speech, they cut to crowds waving flags and cheering? So, as soon as people heard, they ran and got their flags and went to the White House lawn and ground zero? They didn't even wait to hear the end of Obama's speech?

Most of America is glad he was finally "found" and comforted that he is no longer a "threat". But like someone else said, I have yet to meet anyone that wanted to grab their flag and go running through the streets.
edit on 4-5-2011 by CuriousEnigma because: quotes for sarcasm

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by osirys
its obvious... we aren't

No offense meant to americans, I love you guys, and my gf is from Wisconsin. But even as a canadian, hearing about people celebrating and dancing in the streets because of the death of one man is a little sickening.

On the other hand I don't think all american people are really that bloodthirsty, I think for the most part they have been portrayed to be for a reason.

Think what you will, but there will be more than a few of us in the "land of the (formerly) free" that are going to party our a* off when the players in the Bush and Clinton families bite the dust.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
There is no compassion in war and it is not wrong to be happy about his demise. Bin laden murdered thousands upon thousands of innocent civilians all over the world. I don't have a shred of compassion for this man. I was at the Philadelphia Phillies vs. NY Mets game that night, where 45,000 people erupted in cheers, as they chanted USA! after hearing of his death.

With that said, it was a quick release of emotion based on unexpected news, that was exemplified by the number of people in the stadium and the national broadcast of the game. I'm not defending the timing of this assassination or the lies that have already been told, I am just sick of people speaking of compassion for this man. It should have been done 10 years ago!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
If we really did, assassinate Osama, we didn't take any proper procedure.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I know I am a late comer to this thread, and I'm sure that this has been posted several times already here, but I would like to thank the OP for this thread..... it is important I think, for us Americans to see just how we are preceived in the eyes of the rest of the world. I also want to thank the OP for the careful way it was posted and not coming right out with another US basing thread. Well done, friend.

I watched with a certain amount of disqust as my fellow countrymen cheered at the news of the death of OBL....while we condemned the very same actions by other world citizens after 9/11 and watched in utter horror as Somalians danced and cheered when they shot down one of our helicopters. I see these actions by some of my countrymen as hypocritical, which I unfortunately believe is exactly one of the discriptions tagged to the US by many in other countries.

Do I blame them for seeing my country in such an ill light? No, I do not. We've done this to ourselves and we deserve what disdain is thrown in our direction. I would have thought we, collectively, would have acted with a little more couth and decorum.

Tell me other world citizens, where there mass crowds of frenzied populous cheering and such in your countries? Britain? Spain? Your citizens were murdered just like ours in the name of terror. Did you have masses cheering in the streets at the death of OBL? If there were, we did not see them here plastered all over our TVs, but I'm fairly well certain you all bore witness to ours. For my country, please allow me to extend my sincerest apologies as for a long time now we have not given you much reason to see us in the best light.

One may get the idea here that I am not in favor of any actions to rid the world of groups with intent to do harm, to any of us in any country. This is not the case. I've no love lost for OBL, AQ or Taliban or any other hate group who's sole purpose is to inflict harm to anyone. However, while I am concerned about what happens now with these groups I am much more concerned about the terrorists right here in my own country, and I'm not referring to sleeper cells.

The World English Dictionary defines a terrorist as this:

a. a person who employs terror or terrorism, esp as a political weapon

And the definition of terrorism as this:

1. systematic use of violence and intimidation to achieve some goal

Now I ask, how could the US not be seen in the eyes of the rest of the world any differently than OBL? So go ahead my fellow countrymen, fill your hearts with pride and joy that we got the 'boogey-man'. Just please do not get too outraged when the rest of the world cheers when this once proud, distinguished and respected nation is brought to it's knees and put in it's place.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I have to admit that I was happy when I saw on the news that they had killed Osama.

However, I did not think that it was appropriate to go celebrate in the streets. The taking of a life is serious. It's not a time for dancing and partying.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Not that I believe that OBL was killed when they said he was killed (I call BS), but IF what they say was true I believe if I was in Osama's shoes I would be glad they shot and killed me outright. If he was captured he was surely to be tortured beyond his dreams. Personally I would welcome death over prolonged torture any day.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by kyred

I think then he acted his part.

I know humans. Unless there is a true personal gain, like money or popularity,
then even the most careless mourn loss. Its natural.

Those here who see the truth aren't better, but just less clouded.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRealTruth84

You are just as bad as osama allegedly was.

What separates me from osama is my respect for life.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crazytalk
If we really did, assassinate Osama, we didn't take any proper procedure.

Did he follow proper procedure when he took out the towers?

If proper procedure is followed....we miss our man again.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join