It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Australian media is saying about the OBL killing ... may surprise you!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by dwmjr1985

Originally posted by ExCommando

Originally posted by PhantomSnake
Honestly watching their reaction made me feel incredibly ill
that must be incredibly bad karma!
no wonder i've heard many people say they deserve whatevers coming...

i just hope now we can somehow sever ties and avoid any more of our soldiers getting hurt
as many people will agree
if the SHTF
ide rather be standing behind an Aussie SAS
than a yank with lots gadgets

Hahah - come to Australia, I've already got a big piece of land, with enough supplies and arms to wait it all out ...

Don't they have tuff gun laws in Australia, unless your former military such as yourself?

Being ex-military doesn't have any bearing unfortunately - and yes, gun laws are extremely tough compared to US standards.

You can legally own a bolt action rifle or a handgun, but the license laws are extremely tight - semi or fully automatic rifles are illegal.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by dethduck
If only the citizenry of America could represent Americans to the world at large.

Not the government, not our political so-called "leaders", not the heavily propagandized main stream media, but the very people of this land that are being potrayed to the world at large.

What a different view the world would have.
edit on 5/4/2011 by dethduck because: Spacey

This is the sort of response I was hoping to elicit - the more it's spoken, the more the world will hopefully read about it and see the truth of the matter.

I know this is only a forum, and in the grand scheme of the MSM probably has little if any import - but if the truth can be seen by one person, and it sways that person away from taking up arms against innocent people, then it's worth it.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
My son arrives home from school informing me his teachers are telling their students this BS pulled off by Obama re Osama is one big hoax.

Now thats a state owned Australian Govt school for ya!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
My son arrives home from school informing me his teachers are telling their students this BS pulled off by Obama re Osama is one big hoax.

Now thats a state owned Australian Govt school for ya!

No way!!! Are you serious??? I want to send my kids (when I have them) to that school.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ExCommando

The obsessive belief of the US in capital punishment - alone among advanced nations - is reflected in its rejoicing at the manner of bin Laden's demise. Barack Obama has most likely secured re-election by approving the execution. This may be welcome, given the alternatives of Sarah Palin and Mike Huckabee (who have both urged that Julian Assange be hunted down in similar fashion) or Donald Trump. But it is a sad reflection on the continuing attraction of summary execution.

I think thats too tame fact is this was a crime ordered by king Obama or TPTB pulling the strings for their own gain. No way is anything they say credible in the slightest to anyone paying attentions. Indeed they are the most criminal war propagating regime in the history of mankind imho. Has any other nation waged so many wars or told so many lies to its people?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

NZ if you like sheep Aus if you like the beach

I call you a fraud. an ex soldier wouldnt say that even in jest

Wal

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

I'm serious; it's the first thing that popped out of his mouth and he's not a kid who takes much notice of the news unless it's soccer highlights!

A month ago, his science teacher explained why she believes in Aliens!

Yep, my kid's getting a fine education! LOL

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by auswally

NZ if you like sheep Aus if you like the beach

I call you a fraud. an ex soldier wouldnt say that even in jest

Wal

Bahahah come on Wal, lighten up princess.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Sorry I do apologize just a little sensitive when it comes down to it, have my reasons

Wal

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by auswally

What is it with you wally? You accused me of exactly the same thing in a thread last year, how the hell would you know what someone else would or wouldnt say? Wally alright!!!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Every Australian and Kiwi I've spoken to think it's all a load of BS and a waste of space in the media when they could be reporting REAL stories of REAL people.

It's not the big stories we should be worried about....it's what goes under the radar.

Now, to my knowledge, Osama was dead years ago. All the details that has come out in the media surrounding the alleged killing of Osama is changing; witnesses (neighbours to the alleged residence Osama was staying in) in Pakistan are telling a whole different story to what actually took place last Sunday...NO Americans jumped from any helicopter nor sighted in or near the residence on foot. I think the Pakistanis know the difference between Pakistani and Americans operatives.

I'd have to disagree - I've got a mass of contacts in the Aus military, and they are all still aflutter about this turn of events. The risk scenarios are through the roof - the media here is reporting on possible targets for reprisal attacks - so it's definitely not being seen as a waste of space in the media in Aus.

I'm with ExCommando on this. I received an email from a mate in Afgan today. The security risk to all has increased.

He said that the US forces are carrying on like kings of the world, as if this one death neutralises all other risk in the region & world. They know better & are on higher alert.

Knowing the dangers & reality of the situation on the ground (limited immediate knowledge I admit), I was a bit dissapointed to see the way the media portrayed a percentage of US citiznes celebrating this death. I agree it's good he is gone, but the impression the world is getting from the MSM is not going to go down well.

I was even more dissapointed, maybe disgusted, at the way our PM expressed her joy at his death. It was basically inappropriate of a head of state (by title at least) to express such joy at someones death. Again, I agree he was evil & his death is no bad thing, but for the leader of a nation to be so joyful about this just seems wrong. Maybe show some restraint.

In my world, the media coverage of this is a detrimental thing. My Army mates (my family) are in more danger the more the media shows people celebrating this. I feel more concerned about my mates over there now than I did before his death, so for the guys on the ground, in their daily world, I know they dont feel safer he is dead, not with the way the media is portraying all this celebration.

I'm glad he is gone, believe me on that, I know the media are only showing a small percentage of what the US feels, but this media coverage of nothing but celebration is just as inflammatory as the images of people in Iran etc celebrating Sept 11. Those images enraged Americans, justifiably, but having experienced that & felt those emotions, maybe a little restraint (at least on behalf of the media) would be wise.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Redevilfan09

It was pathetic! You would think 10 years on the majority of Americans would know OBL had nothing to do with 911.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SNAFU38

Australian pollies are mostly over paid devious muppets and Gillard is the Queen of the muppets, she is a clown. As for OBL It is ashame he was not given the right to be tried. I guess there is a lot to hide and getting rid of the evidence is always helpful, it kind of smells like the magic bullet that got JFK.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
People, please keep in mind, a handful of idiots paraded in front of a camera are NOT representative of an entire nation of people.

They are representative only of a handful of idiots.
Every nation has them, even yours.

Whereas I'm certain you would not want the world to pass blanket judgement upon you due to the actions of a small band of public idiots, likewise do not pass blanket judgement upon all of us because of a televised party of freaking morons probably paid to play for the camera.

Never ever believe that the government or the media are in any way an accurate representation of the American populace, because they are not.
edit on 5/4/2011 by dethduck because: Blurgy-de-blurg

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

international law what's that... usa usa usa

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by auswally

Sorry I do apologize just a little sensitive when it comes down to it, have my reasons

Wal

I was taking the mick - I didn't realise you were actually upset about my comment. I take my apology back - you need to harden up mate.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SNAFU38

I was even more dissapointed, maybe disgusted, at the way our PM expressed her joy at his death. It was basically inappropriate of a head of state (by title at least) to express such joy at someones death. Again, I agree he was evil & his death is no bad thing, but for the leader of a nation to be so joyful about this just seems wrong. Maybe show some restraint.

In my world, the media coverage of this is a detrimental thing. My Army mates (my family) are in more danger the more the media shows people celebrating this. I feel more concerned about my mates over there now than I did before his death, so for the guys on the ground, in their daily world, I know they dont feel safer he is dead, not with the way the media is portraying all this celebration.

I couldn't agree more - I was watching news highlights today and say that dirty ranga saying she "welcomed the death of OBL", almost with a glint and relish in her eye. Made me feel sick to my stomach that I wore the Oz flag on my shoulder for so many years.

It's no humans place to relish in the death of someone, regardless of who or what that person did. It's a sombre moment, and one which should induce reflection, not triumphant blood lust joy.

What I would love, more than anything else, is for every one of these "hooray he's dead" keyboard warriors to be in a combat situation, to kill a man in anger, and then be bombarded by the feelings of remorse, guilt and intense introspection that follows taking another mans life.

They will then have an understanding as to why I'm so frustrated and disappointed at the reaction everyone is having to another mans death.
edit on 4-5-2011 by ExCommando because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by dethduck
People, please keep in mind, a handful of idiots paraded in front of a camera are NOT representative of an entire nation of people.

They are representative only of a handful of idiots.
Every nation has them, even yours.

Whereas I'm certain you would not want the world to pass blanket judgement upon you due to the actions of a small band of public idiots, likewise do not pass blanket judgement upon all of us because of a televised party of freaking morons probably paid to play for the camera.

Never ever believe that the government or the media are in any way an accurate representation of the American populace, because they are not.
edit on 5/4/2011 by dethduck because: Blurgy-de-blurg

I hear and understand what you are saying - I really do. The Australian nation shouldered the burden of collective shame with the Cronulla riots - a handful of muppets made the rest of the world think we were a nation of racists.

Thanks for your post.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join