It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Australian media is saying about the OBL killing ... may surprise you!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by XRaDiiX

i heard a cbc report that he had a weapon on him and even fired it...

they are feeding us some major bull....

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
i knew i like aussie for a reason. and not just cauase mark chopper reid was an aussie. and all the good hardcore punk they have and all the great splatter movies they have produced. HAIL AUSSIE!!!! good job call em like you see em and tell it like it is i love it

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
There is a lot of resentment of North Americans in Australia. It's not just from the media. When I was an undergrad at university, there'd always be a few U.S. students in the classes, and, without fail, they quickly gained the contempt of everyone else due to their typical arrogance, loudness and misguided superiority complex. I'm not saying that everyone in the U.S. is a complete tosser, but their culture and behaviour is very different, and the media further enhances the negative view of Americans by portraying them as arrogant, ignorant of anything that isn't force fed to them by cable TV, and ridicously patriotic. U.S. culture is not highly esteemed in Australia.

I do, however, resent our media comparing them to children caught up in a fairy tale. If I were being ridiculed thusly, I'd be deeply offended. Making sport of Americans and their culture is a very common thing, and the SMH article simply perpetuates it. I think this is partly why Americans are viewed so negatively - a displeasing personal encounter with a U.S. citizen will only be reinforced to include Americans in general thanks to the media.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Who cares what anyone thinks.

The terrorists dont think when they carry out their cowardly attacks. Do you see them warn the innocents?

One has to speak the same language as them to send a message to the rest that if a country or government wanted to, they can take someone of OBL's caliber out. US waited 10 years abiding by the law only to eventually take him out for good. The Pakistani Govt often sent the US On wild goose chase with falsified information. If they would have warned or abided by the law and worked with the Pakistan Govt, then definitely OBL would have escaped.

Atleast now the US can pull the troops out of Afghanistan gradually. Sure there will not be an end to terrorism but atleast the message was sent to the biggest group.

Until the next time some other country does the same, the terrorists can re-group all they want and spend all the resources (time and money and people) to form yet another group, it wouldnt matter to the world.

So whats wrong if the people cheered and celebrated on the streets? Whats the big deal? Common...really now.

edit on 4-5-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Mexican reporters are saying that assasinating Bin Ladin is the world's biggest human rights violation ever. The USA leads the world in human rights violations now. We have also been determined to be the most bloodthirsty. Arabic people are about # 10 on that list.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
Mexican reporters are saying that assasinating Bin Ladin is the world's biggest human rights violation ever. The USA leads the world in human rights violations now. We have also been determined to be the most bloodthirsty. Arabic people are about # 10 on that list.

Mexico?

hmmmm of all the countries they (media) should talk about human rights

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude

Mexico is a human rights violation...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I love how the anti-Americans like to reference puppet leaders and dictator's from failed states for criticism of US policy. I have a lot of problems with US policy, but getting Mexicos opinion on 'human rights' is like getting jeffery dahmer's opinion on murder. Give me a freaking break.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Obviously this is all a sick joke. A hoax. But, the worlds perception of Americans dancing in the streets is ludicrous. Obviously, the celebrators don't know it's a hoax but, why get riled up over people celebrating in the streets?

You are allowed to celebrate in the streets if your favorite baseball teams wins the World Series. Soccer club wins UEFA Champions Cup. Hockey team wins the Stanley Cup. But for Gods sake do not celebrate the murder of a mass murdering butthole.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Soldier of God

I think they are like # 4 on the list of bloodthirsty. Leftovers from the Aztec bloodbaths.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExCommando

The US resembles the land of the munchkins as it celebrates the death of the wicked witch of the East. The joy is understandable but, to many outsiders, unattractive. It endorses what looks increasingly like a cold-blooded assassination ordered by a president who, as a former law professor, knows the absurdity of his statement that "justice was done". Read more: www.smh.com.au...

Australia has, and probably always will, have a very healthy "respect" for America, due to obvious strategic, military and trade alignments.

However, there is a growing ground swell of negative sentiment from the press towards our big brother, and one of the most glowing examples is the above linked piece in the Sydney Morning Herald.

The future depends on respect for international law, with which the US has always had an uneasy relationship

also

Bush publicly stated after September 11, 2001, that he wanted bin Laden's "head on a plate". Did Obama order his capture, or his execution?

International law states that a right to surrender be given - however, the above highlights that maybe the option of surrender wasn't to be given (head on a plate scenario doesn't leave much wiggle room for surrender?).

I want to be clear on something - I served in Afghanistan at the very start of the campaign with Australian SF, side by side the US - so I have no love for OBL or AQ.

What I am concerned about is the slippery slope that the US Government has started to slide down, and the apparent blood lust of the American people.

It raises the question - how are we better than them, if this is the way we react, and if these actions are deemed acceptable?

Let me be very blunt, it is NOT the American people, at least not the intelligent people, who are blood thirsty. It is the idiotic media drone headed people who have NO LIFE outside of their slave labor and beer drinking ball sport watching lifeless bodies. My brother was a navy seal and he knew that OBL had died in 2001. He also has studied Smedley D. Butler and KNOWS that all wars are a fraud and a lie. He has no respect for the military any longer and neither do I. I have little respect for people in general anymore. Most are a complete waste of human flesh.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Most of the people I saw on CNN jumping up and down outside the White House were college kids of 18 - 20 who are too young to really remember September 11th.

Anyone old enough to actually remember 9/11 seems a lot more contemplative, and is thinking more along the lines of "Good riddance; maybe now all his victims can rest in peace."

edit on 4-5-2011 by LS650 because: spelling

link   
reply to post by ExCommando

America really has no clue as to the joke it has become to the West. They have been marginalizing us for years now. the election of Bush, and rise to power of the neocons, made it clear we just are not serious about being civilized ... and we are dangerous.

They are letting us bleed ourselves dry with idiot trade policies, wars galore, and all sorts of inanities. The dollar soon won't be the word currency, we are lagging far behind in science, education, health care, etc.

The U.S. is a joke ... a joke that is dying. Pity enough Americans just won't realize it so that we can radically change it..

link   
I think the majority of the celebrants seen outside the white house, times square, etc. the night of the announcement were just college kids going out to be part of the crowd, get some youtube vids, tweets, and facebook posts... Most of them were probably 10 years old when 9/11 happened...it's just mass hysteria, imo.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I have to tread carefully on this topic at home because I have friends who had deep personal losses in September 11. My husband's family lost a childhood friend. Another friend lost two people very close to him and ended up having to raise the children left behind.

But my initial reaction on seeing the scenes playing out was indeed "Ding dong the witch is dead.". It really did look like that, unfortunately. I don't know that I care one way or the other if we hunted Osama down like a rabid dog and killed him, assuming he did mastermind 9-11. If he did, then all those innocent lives lost kind of balances it out for me, Dr. King's right on quote notwithstanding.

But what does sadden me is that ten years later, the American public is no closer to anything resembling the truth about events that have impacted our lives deeply and directly, and continue to do so. We are, if anything, further away from being the land of the free than ever before and with no end in sight. Our government has tasted unprecedented power over our every thought, deed and aspiration and will not cede it back to us now that the witch is dead. I fear they will just find us another witch.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
The bloodlust in the American ruling class is nothing new. For the most part the civilians do not share the same viewpoint, and to a large degree many of our soldiers also are not psychopaths. The CIA on the other hand... any cursory review of their history (and they had a direct hand in this assassination) shows they are not against killing unarmed high-priority targets. In some ways this current accomplishment was a step in a better direction as they seem to have taken care to limit collateral damage and showed an unusual restraint in not killing children and taking as few lives as possible.

I know our Intelligence Agents and Military Planners have taken a lot of heat over recent actions in the past decade but truly they are slowly becoming civilized. Just look at the pre-2000 record of government overthrows, dictator support, economic strangulation (often leading to starvation of the civilian population,) and outright bloody massacre of countries in the years between WWII and the Iraq Invasion... I won't go into the exceptionally long list of tragedies because so many authors with a much better command of the facts have already done so, but I will mention that when you say "September Eleventh" to a middle aged or older Chilean native their first thought does not go to the year 2001.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I'm from Wisconsin and I can tell you this, the news media is out of touch with the american people. The majority of people I've talked to do not approve of Osama's assassination and think it is suspicious that it happened when Obama is trying to get elected. The ones that did, are less common than the awake people on my friend list. So minority of a minority. I get angry with people I know for believing what the corrupt news is telling us. I didn't realize the outside world was paying more attention than we do to our news media and reading into the propaganda hook line and sinker.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redevilfan09
The one thing that really made me sick was watching an American women moving her finger across her neck like she was slitting someones throat, while listening to an American Negro singing, what you gonna do when Obama comes for you. Some people in that country are f**ked in the head.

It actually made me think it was staged it was that pathetic
edit on 4-5-2011 by Redevilfan09 because: (no reason given)

I take that as a racist statement and I am offended by that.

I demand an apology!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TarzanBeta

The american bloodlust is media mainly. Don't believe everything you see
on tv friend.

I have yet to witness anyone mention joy over osama's alleged assassination
in person.

Agreed. I haven't really even seen anyone even smiling about it. The only persons that seem to be celebrating around me are Obama lovers. I've been hearing a lot about how he is destined to win in 2012 now. Again, they could care less OBL is dead, just that Obama may get reelected. As for the college morons on TV, they were like 8/9 years old when it happened, they just want an excuse to get drunk and act stupid.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

Agreed.
If an order to assasinate can be made on a high profile target and put in the public eye,
They can do the same with you and I.

Read the constitution. Our government can order the killing of any person outside of the US. It's in the constitution, Obama broke no laws.
It's kinda sickening how people can celebrate the death of anyone. Luckily I don't think it's that common. But if it is, it really makes us just as bad if not worse than the terrorists. We've killed way more than 3000 people in Afghanistan and Iraq.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join