It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Australian media is saying about the OBL killing ... may surprise you!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by osirys

I really think that the people you all saw dancing in the street were the sheeple of this country. The pics I saw were all younger than me, and it looked like a college party.

I would have rather OBL been captured so he could face our people and sit through agonizing testimony (which probably would not have bothered him any...).

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I promise you, if the man that admittedly orchestrated the killing of 4000+ innocent civilians and also indirectly cause the deaths of 4000+ US soldiers and countless hundreds of thousands Iraqis and Afghanis was in front of my face, and I had a gun, I would not hesitate to put him down.

Trial and sentencing? Are you kidding me? The man was calling for Jihad. This is the same guy who would have covered your wives from head to toe in cloth and forced you to live by Sharia Law if he had his way.

You bleeding hearts are out of your minds. If the whole world thought like you did we'd be living under the rule of Hitler's Third Reich.

Plus, there's no time for trial and "justice" in May of 2011, because Fukushima radiation is spreading like wildfire, and Nibiru will destroy the planet soon. ALL BETS ARE OFF!

Nihilism.

edit on 4-5-2011 by windwaker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by osirys

I have yet to see anyone celebrate like that in person. the only place i have seen that is on TV. Its being overhyped, and most americans that i know are not bloodthirsty like that. which is crazy considering I live near a major base.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
So after capture they shoot him like a mongrel dog then go through the ridiculous farce of a burial at sea with full muslim honours,very convenient that they will never have to prove Osama's connection with 9-11 in either a court of law or military tribunal something I believe they could not of done to beyond reasonable doubt standards.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by FLSCarnage

The assassination of 4000+ men and women, some jumping to their deaths to avoid hellish flames, was illegal as well. Hey, we're all not perfect. We are only human.

Our bad if we kill Osama bin Laden accidentally. Accidents happen...NEXT?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by ExCommando

Agreed.
If an order to assasinate can be made on a high profile target and put in the public eye,
They can do the same with you and I.

They can, they have, and they will continue too.

Only thing is the order is more generalized and we're allowing it to happen right in front of our eyes.

Police use excessive force is they deem fit - and yes sometimes taking out a target before they hurt more civilians is needed, but killing a man because of anger, ripping apart a house and killing someones pets over some pot while they children watch... those are things that are more than excessive.

We need to let everyone sort their own crap out -- if a country is in the midst of civil war it's more than likely for a reason, the reason we're not in the middle of one is because we keep intervening with other countries & taking away citizens rights as fear is put in their hearts therefore 'killing 2 birds with 1 stone' -- no civil war here. Yet...

We have 3 outcomes as a nation, as a worldly nation...

1) peace
2) WWIII
3) civil war within our own walls

It may take the latter options to reach the first and most wanted.

We need humanity in times were it seems scarce & yet can be created at any time.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Unfortunately the masters of puppets are so arrogant they couldn't care less what the populace believes or not. Business as usual will commence. Their arrogance and superiority will undo them once more ,,,,,yes it has happened many times before over the last 12 millennium's. They begin to get sloppy and reckless ..then they fall. When they regroup they think that somehow it will be different next time,,,a little tweak here a little tweak there.

The true definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. They havent tried one thing yet and that is....NOT RULING. There are some of us here on the planet to help facilitate this NOT RULING permanently. That day will come soon by the fathers will. His love that passes all understanding will make all weep. You will be transformed permanently. Especially the hardened and unbelievers. This is beyond knowledge wisdom religion...yes,even spirit

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Star for the OP, very well said.
Although I'm way too late to the thread to make any impact, I'm sure; I'd like to point out that to a lot of us in the US it seems more than bloodthirst, although that is the way it is being played.
Wouldn't he (if this were an actual event) be worth much more in intelligence gained rather than shot on sight, as it were? Were they so anxious to show us what wonderful saviors of the human race they were?
God forgive me if it were a real event and lives were lost, but I don't believe this any more than I believe OBL did the towers in the first place.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by osirys

All this is thoughtful, and that's laudable but in the words of Santayana

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Europe celebrated Hitler's demise in a very similar fashion....

Yank Army Quarterly

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/30e0385d0dd8.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b83bd9d832eb.jpg[/atsimg]

My Mother and Father nearly starved to death in Greece under Nazi occupation during WW2

and you can bet they were happy when he died. There ARE parallels to OBL.

But I can agree to gloat or celebrate is wrong. Interestingly we didn't 'assassinate'

(Arabic: الحشاشين‎ Ḥashāshīn!)

Hitler either....

edit on 5/4/2011 by drphilxr because: spelling....

edit on 5/4/2011 by drphilxr because: (same)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

The US resembles the land of the munchkins as it celebrates the death of the wicked witch of the East...

Those Australians don't know what they're talking about. The wicked witch was from the west. The good witch was from the east.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Just curious. Were all the reports in Australia - - about the killing of Osama - - like these?

Or were there positive ones too?

I certainly wouldn't want to be mislead.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by drphilxr

www.dailymail.co.uk...

And again, another mass murder with no real proof of his death.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I realize this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to vent about a notorious mass murderer, and life is short, so here I go:

If I were the Navy Seal who shot Osama Bin Laden, I would not have shot him in the eye. I would have shot him his groin and turn him into a proper lady. Then, as he lay their begging me to just get it over with and kill him, I'd take a sharp knife, and cut his head off.

After holding his head up high for everyone to see, I'd commence scalping. I'd clean the skin off on his head, crack open his skull, pop a squat, and drop a few fresh turds into his freshly cracked skull.

Then I'd give him a proper burial at sea, after I paraded his rotting carcass around the streets of Manhattan for all New Yorkers to see and cheer.

That's how I would fantasize killing Osama Bin Laden. Is that too harsh?

Comments?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

I rarely F&S posts these days but I did here.

Out of all the media reports & articles I have read this is the single one that speaks absolute common sense & does not seem to be bogged down by the presence of a biased editor. (which several others "respectable" authors have, resorting to alluding)

With the reporting on Libya & now on OBL I was asking the question where are the journalists - the real journalists?

Show me one, just one.

Well I have been shown.

Great, unbiased independent thinking & honest Journalism right there.
edit on 4-5-2011 by marker3221 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-5-2011 by marker3221 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

International law states that a right to surrender be given - however, the above highlights that maybe the option of surrender wasn't to be given (head on a plate scenario doesn't leave much wiggle room for surrender?).

All he had to do was release another Video. This one stating where and when he will be waiting with his white flags.

It's not like he didn't know we were looking for him

-Alien

-Alien

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Yeah well I feel like I live in the land of the Munchkins and a lot of the people over here are bloodthirsty and stupid. And if ya'll want to join up and take us out, oh well. Im not like that, but at this point bombing me would be a mercy killing.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by windwaker

Atta boy!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3a28c179371f.jpg[/atsimg]

Same kind of evil men have been trounced before...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
First of all, as an American it makes me uneasy to see people celebrating after the death of the bearded bastard. However, I only saw a relatively small number of people in New York and Washington "wouping it up", so to speak. Keep in mind many people lost friends and relatives in the attacks, most in those two cities. People have a need for a release and I can understand that. I lost one friend in Washington, a close friend and one in New Yok. By the way Sydney Morning Herald, the friend I lost in New York was an investment banker I met while at University. I attend both Sydney University and The University of New South Wales. So for me it's personal. Very personal. If the "celebrations" if you call it that bother people, tough.

I also knew several people who were injured at the Pentagon. One suffered third degree burns over 80% of her body, The bearded bastered got off real easy if you ask me. It's a shame he used his (19 year old?) wife as a shield. Some reports say she was shot in the leg, others she died. Who knows, I wasn't there. What ever she was or if she died or not I'm sorry she was available to be used as a human shield. That "man" though I use the word loosly was a simple , cheap cowerd, and it was only proven (one more, last time) that he was great for encouraging children to blow themselves up for his "great war of hate" his words, against the west and America in particular.

Oh, by the way anyone out there "upset" over the 20minite party in NY and DC remember the thousands who danced in the streets in the Arab world on 9/11. Funny how that was given so little press at the time. But it said to me one thing: Every Arab country that recieved aid from the US and that includes Egypt were they got at the time over one billion dollars a year from the US, the next biggest reciepiant of aid after Israel, not including military assistence and training in the US some recieving prized appointments to our military acadamies and others attending places like the US ARMY War College, should have had the money tap cut off then and there. Period.

As for Pakastan we can spend our money in better places. Like funds to help pay for anti-terror training and equipment in places where people may disagree with us, but act like civilized people in a democratic nation. Like Australia for example.
edit on 4/5/11 by arbiture because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

The Sydney Morning Herald is a more balanced news paper than the rest we have here, less bias reporting.
Most of the news articles i have read are definately pro US, anti OBL.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

I'm sorry, i am a plumber and not too quick with the bookspeak.
Could you help me out and point me in the direction of which ammendment it says the president can order the killing of a non uniformed civillian?
Thanks in advance.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join