It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Australian media is saying about the OBL killing ... may surprise you!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+109 more 
posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

The US resembles the land of the munchkins as it celebrates the death of the wicked witch of the East. The joy is understandable but, to many outsiders, unattractive. It endorses what looks increasingly like a cold-blooded assassination ordered by a president who, as a former law professor, knows the absurdity of his statement that "justice was done". Read more: www.smh.com.au...

Australia has, and probably always will, have a very healthy "respect" for America, due to obvious strategic, military and trade alignments.

However, there is a growing ground swell of negative sentiment from the press towards our big brother, and one of the most glowing examples is the above linked piece in the Sydney Morning Herald.

The future depends on respect for international law, with which the US has always had an uneasy relationship

also

Bush publicly stated after September 11, 2001, that he wanted bin Laden's "head on a plate". Did Obama order his capture, or his execution?

International law states that a right to surrender be given - however, the above highlights that maybe the option of surrender wasn't to be given (head on a plate scenario doesn't leave much wiggle room for surrender?).

I want to be clear on something - I served in Afghanistan at the very start of the campaign with Australian SF, side by side the US - so I have no love for OBL or AQ.

What I am concerned about is the slippery slope that the US Government has started to slide down, and the apparent blood lust of the American people.

It raises the question - how are we better than them, if this is the way we react, and if these actions are deemed acceptable?

+7 more 
posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I was thinking the same thing when OBL was assassinated (Purportedly). Apparently he was physically ill so he was probably killed while laying in bed and they now come out on the MSM saying he was Unarmed; i think its obvious he was assassinated on-purpose also the U.S does not want him to be in a world court or public trial because he might say something that threatens the U.S's legitimacy.

I also am not sure if he was even killed recently their has been much talk of conspiracies about other possible scenarios like he was frozen, or he was killed years ago etc... Idk what to think. ATM

edit on 3-5-2011 by XRaDiiX because: (no reason given)

+29 more 
posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
its obvious... we aren't

No offense meant to americans, I love you guys, and my gf is from Wisconsin. But even as a canadian, hearing about people celebrating and dancing in the streets because of the death of one man is a little sickening.

On the other hand I don't think all american people are really that bloodthirsty, I think for the most part they have been portrayed to be for a reason. All it takes is on zealet to represent a group of people (as seen with OBL).

Answer this: How do you go about toppling a nation, without first instilling hatred towards it from the rest of the world?

+51 more 
posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ExCommando

The american bloodlust is media mainly. Don't believe everything you see
on tv friend.

I have yet to witness anyone mention joy over osama's alleged assassination
in person.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
What I believe was a comment made by Obama to gain supports of the Right, has turned into a cauldron of aggressive opinions. Although I'm happy we have rid Osama of the earth, the way in which it is being publicized is ridiculous.

Americans need to recognize that he is gone, and rally for our departure from the Middle East.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TarzanBeta

on tv friend.

in person.

I agree completely - however, a country is judged by the actions displayed via the media.

I think it's incredibly important for all Americans on ATS to keep this firmly in mind when posting - show some restraint, as the world really is watching what is coming out of the US at the moment in relation to the OBL situation.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExCommando
However, there is a growing ground swell of negative sentiment from the press towards our big brother, and one of the most glowing examples is the above linked piece in the Sydney Morning Herald.

Bit in the end it doesnt matter, because the people keep electing the same conga line of suckholes to be Prime Minister.
I heard a bit of Julia, and the John Howard speak on the topic, and seriously, it was like the USA wrote the speeches for them. They could not possibly have been more pro-USA, did the right thing, cant do any wrong, war on terror must continue, than they were.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Be sure to watch Judge Andrew Napalitano on Fox News today...several posted into recent threads the past few hours. He said Obama broke Federal laws!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by ExCommando

Bit in the end it doesnt matter, because the people keep electing the same conga line of suckholes to be Prime Minister.
I heard a bit of Julia, and the John Howard speak on the topic, and seriously, it was like the USA wrote the speeches for them. They could not possibly have been more pro-USA, did the right thing, cant do any wrong, war on terror must continue, than they were.

I completely disagree - it's irrelevant what the politicians are saying. Who cares what Julia Gillard says on the topic - it's what the people of the world are thinking which will have an impact.

Put it this way - think of all the baby home grown terrorists who have always been sitting on the fence - they see the blood lust of the American people, and it may be enough to push them off the fence, and into the arms of extremism.

+3 more 
posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Agreed.
If an order to assasinate can be made on a high profile target and put in the public eye,
They can do the same with you and I.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

Agreed.
If an order to assasinate can be made on a high profile target and put in the public eye,
They can do the same with you and I.

Definitely - and it's not like they are even trying to downplay it at all. That's the scary part of it all ...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

While that may be true that the world judges the american
People based on our media...

I would think the wiser would not acknowledge such manipulation and instead
Know in their hearts what any decent human being knows...

That death, even in justice, is mournful.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I'm American, but I've seen and heard some of the same sentiment on BBC and SkyNews. And a good level of skepticism and harder analysis of the events too. Interesting. Thanks for the post.

P.S. Doesn't surprise me in the least, though. Fool me once....
edit on 5/3/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Every Australian and Kiwi I've spoken to think it's all a load of BS and a waste of space in the media when they could be reporting REAL stories of REAL people.

It's not the big stories we should be worried about....it's what goes under the radar.

Now, to my knowledge, Osama was dead years ago. All the details that has come out in the media surrounding the alleged killing of Osama is changing; witnesses (neighbours to the alleged residence Osama was staying in) in Pakistan are telling a whole different story to what actually took place last Sunday...NO Americans jumped from any helicopter nor sighted in or near the residence on foot. I think the Pakistanis know the difference between Pakistani and Americans operatives.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

While that may be true that the world judges the american
People based on our media...

I would think the wiser would not acknowledge such manipulation and instead
Know in their hearts what any decent human being knows...

That death, even in justice, is mournful.

That's a big ask of a people who have been subjigated by years of conditioning from the MSM ... it's a rare person who can watch the MSM and discern the truth behind events. I'd dare say it's a small(ish) percentage of people even on this forum who can see the wood for the trees.

No offense intended.

+4 more 
posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

on tv friend.

in person.

I'm afraid I have to disagree. Most of the people I know still buy the 911 official story, and I've noted at the very least a good deal of "quiet gloating." Particularly around my office, for instance. I see people passing around the fake death pictures on their phones (I swear to God they think they're genuine
). I know it wouldn't take too much effort to turn the entire thing into a flagwaving orgy.

No. I'm sorry. We are a country of idiotic YAHOOS! (Present company excepted, of course....)
edit on 5/3/2011 by Ex_CT2 because: Not given

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

TextThe US resembles the land of the munchkins as it celebrates the death of the wicked witch of the East.

TextWhat the Australian media is saying

I’m not going to get on how many 'Munchkin Mother ^%$# ' around the world was dancing when 911 happened…to the wicked witch of the west. Point Australia !

Better yet…point world view !
edit on 3-5-2011 by Immortalgemini527 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

Every Australian and Kiwi I've spoken to think it's all a load of BS and a waste of space in the media when they could be reporting REAL stories of REAL people.

It's not the big stories we should be worried about....it's what goes under the radar.

Now, to my knowledge, Osama was dead years ago. All the details that has come out in the media surrounding the alleged killing of Osama is changing; witnesses (neighbours to the alleged residence Osama was staying in) in Pakistan are telling a whole different story to what actually took place last Sunday...NO Americans jumped from any helicopter nor sighted in or near the residence on foot. I think the Pakistanis know the difference between Pakistani and Americans operatives.

I'd have to disagree - I've got a mass of contacts in the Aus military, and they are all still aflutter about this turn of events. The risk scenarios are through the roof - the media here is reporting on possible targets for reprisal attacks - so it's definitely not being seen as a waste of space in the media in Aus.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Don't you know.. The United States doesn't have to follow international law, much like the soviet union when they where taking over the world. Who is going to stand up to the United States. By the way Australia and New Zealand.. two of my favorite countries... Hope to immigrate to one of them soon.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by dwmjr1985

Don't you know.. The United States doesn't have to follow international law, much like the soviet union when they where taking over the world. Who is going to stand up to the United States. By the way Australia and New Zealand.. two of my favorite countries... Hope to immigrate to one of them soon.

NZ if you like sheep
Aus if you like the beach

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join