It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anomaly In The Sky - Christchurch New Zealand, March 29, 2011. Another Norway Spiral Event?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
The city lights as blown out as they are in the bottom of the pic indicate a long exposure, but the lack of star trails above shows that it wasn't too long. The images don't seem too noisy, so the ISO value couldn't have been too high either. So I'll guess it was between 1-5 seconds.

Could be a lens flare, or it could be somebody nearby playing with something like this and aiming it upwards at a few thin clouds...

Either way, a long exposure would make whatever it is look a lot brighter and fuzzier than it actually is.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by RUSSO

I dont know. Never saw AB pics in this shape:

Shape is irrelevant in still photography, with the right setting anyone can make a star look like a starship. Unfortunately.

If it was video recorded it would be a different story.

! woah you`re a big bummer..

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by pauljs75
Could be a lens flare, or it could be somebody nearby playing with something like this and aiming it upwards at a few thin clouds...

It can be created much easier, with flashlights:

Here is explanation and some photos which I have created using flashlight:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
If it's indeed fake or nothing more than lens flares it's a shame cause that would of been an amazing sight to see. And it's infact to further that pity that there arent any further reports to suggest this was seen by anyone other than one person after googling i can't find anything about this except in this exact forum.

It's a shame could of been very cool indeed especially to find out what caused it.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Yeah, missed ailailou's post when I was typing that up. That one has the answer much better than my post.

But you can see just how ridiculously easy with current technology it is to hoax UFO stuff.
Even for real mass sightings (not video edits or simple tricks), it could be one of those full-color laser systems under ideal conditions. (High thin clouds, but somewhat dry air below such that the beams aren't obvious.) Watch all the patterns it cycles through and keep them in mind. Not to mention that fancier rigs (10x more expensive) can also rapidly shift the focus of the laser for 3D effects in a fog or mist.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

You might be interested in this for background, supplementing, etc

Meteors - Your Eyewitness reports!
weatherwatch.co.nz

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
looks like a photoshop to me, the artifact looks out of place and has no depth to it, which would suggest it was places there

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I don't know where to post this so i posted it here....:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I dreamed that I sat and watched TV, when I saw something up in the sky it was night there was a sort of spiral with the tail belonged to space and largest spiral vortex was inside the earth, I told ("Nameless") & (" Nameless ") and showed them that we were completely shocked and still and look at it and was # scared but still fascinating after a while it disappeared with a crash sound, and it came on the news etc, we were still a bit put out by the whole event and sat on the kitchen and talked, then came a sort of inexplicable sounds and shaking a bit, we were # scared but it did not last long & electricity disappeared and when I looked up toward where the spiral was before, it was the sort that Oxygon, ozone layer lacked I could see the Misty Star, etc.., it seemed like the spiral had torn a large hole in the earth's outer layers, we were horrified by the sight I felt like the end is here, and after only a little while, the earth moved in the was like being in a boat that capsized, we were thrown into a kitchen cupboard and I've never been so scared i mean never experienced such a horror in the dream, I thought nothing I can do! now dying all life on earth we spin out of the axis or something, but in the middle of it all, I suddenly felt this is a dream I was conscious in the dream now & we were back in time before the earth capsized .. I tried to see what date it was in case this was a vision, I anticipate things before and said it to people and just amazed colleagues & friends when it actually took place, which has said it further because it was so sick that someone could do such things, but I could not all I saw was a bunch of numbers 1622.1748 and Many more was not allowed to see a date that was unclear ... then woke up I was completely put out at this point, I always expected the earth would go under in the end but the dream I just hade it was fear I did not think was possible to feel!! I have crashed the car, had such Paralyze episode in space with aliens 1 time (which made me afraid to sleep in weeks), and been shot at, but nothing and I mean nothing comes close to this!, I somehow got little guilt 'feel what I / we do with our planet our home I will stop and contaminate & throw crap out of the car while I riders now! it was much more horrified than I could imagine, and feel now everything dies on Earth and it will never become life here again! I had incredible sympathy for everything on earth when it happened, quite unthinkable! it was probably more but that is all I remember!

I live in norway where such spirals have appeared before, i used a Auto-translator as i don't got the time to rewrite it to english and i had already written it down in my native language upon awakening so i really hope this will do and your able to read it.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I am an amateur film scientist and it is clearly a hoax why
The other images of double take on top of each other discounting the camera lens reflection has been shot from a totally different angle to the original images seen in first part. Also the city lights do not make sense at all showing themselves above and below the image. If this image was in the sky you would not see city lights above it its a total hoax fraud

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

blue is one of that rarest naturally occuring colors.

OP ( no one in nz reported seeing this )
what a waste of time.

stupid kiwi
edit on 3/4/2011 by Ashyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by silversurfer6161

Agree. We had a sun dog in South Africa last year and i took a lot of photos but i wouldn't waste my time posting it here either. Too much ignorant bla -bla. If some people would do some research/google before stating that that the OP's sun dog video is just effects "as well"...please. I have seen that with my own eyes, millions did...why we need to explain to people who'd not choose to see what it really is.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
People post lies and garbage what a waste of life my life

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by shroudnews77

Clearly not an expert on reading threads.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I once saw something in the sky that was very similar to the 'ufo entering Melbourne shy' footage in Thailand about 7-8 years ago. Never knew what it was and forgot about it until I saw the footage.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by sergejsh
Ok, I have been mistaken regarding of lens flare - I didn't check all photos.
So I don't think this is a lens flare from city light. But also I don't think this is some kind unusual phenomena.

Some people already have noticed that one photo clearly shows a corner of the room. So I did some work and here what we have:

Photo N 6 (source):

Enhanced version. See some strange elements under the lights? I think it's part of the living room:

Enhanced version with ceiling, corner and wall:

This is how I think it was created.

Enhanced version with first flashlight:

Enhanced version with second flashlight:

Enhanced version with both flashlights:

How about some "phenomena" over Toronto?
Created using Garrity Industries LED flashlight.

Now you see living room:

now you don't:

Just in case - THIS IS NOT A PHENOMENA, THIS IS MY PHOTO, CREATED USING FLASHLIGHT.

In short - I think Christchurch New Zealand Anomaly is a HOAX, created using 2 flashlight and probably laser point (last few photos shows some kind of red trails)

p.s.
Why images are hidden?
edit on 3-4-2011 by sergejsh because: (no reason given)

Nice find...
Only i think he uses a blue laser from DealeXtreme :p

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

The meteor was streaking through the air. According to the OP this anomaly stayed in place for quite some time. I don't have any idea what it could be, but this things are starting to be seen more frequently. What, will another rocket explain this one too?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by sergejsh

The photo you show as evidence (the one from Toronto) does not look at all the same. If you really think it was created using flashlights, then recreate it. Otherwise your lame attempts and debunking it need to be called into question just like the photos.

I think it is pretty clear no one knows what these could really be. If only there was an atmospheric researcher here.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I'm going with hoax after reading through the whole thread, serg and ali did a fine job explaining with their picture enhancements and phenom duplicating. I ran the same enhancements, and I concur, no reason to double post their results.

In this case, "mum" should've gotten some inside AND outside pics, to further verify the anomaly could be seen inside and outside. Guess it's a bit of after sight on the part of the hoaxers. Better luck next time.

However, I will complement them on posting an array of photos and video, and not just a single "look what I saw pic", as having multiple samples to work with helps to further prove/disprove explanations of visually interesting anomalies.

As far as being blue, it's a color spectrum thing related to our eyesight. Our eyes can only see EM radiation from about 400nm to 700nm. Red light scatters much more easily, and toward the other end the blues don't. Google visible light spectrum if you want, but it's also the reason why our sky is blue during the day and not red or green. (Uhm, I believe this anomaly could have been re-created in any color, with the proper filter, but again, blue light would be the easiest to work with.)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Wow! That looks so cool! Your mom is super lucky to have seen this

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Anunakki

awwwww boooooooooooooooo lol
just an illusion

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>