It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be gay all you want, just hush up about it!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Serizawa

and women don't pee out of theres how is that even a plausible argument you know how retarded that sounds right?? How is expressing ones love wrong? Do you have an answer for that? Or i guess they disgust you too? You know who else where disgusted with certain groups of people the nazis and we see how well that went. So can we please just stop with the gay bashing this site is for conspiracy and there is none here.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by paratus

Actually you are wrong about that.

There are thousands of different species that exhibit homosexual behavior in nature.

Homosexual behavior in animals refers to the documented evidence of homosexual and bisexual behavior in animals. This article covers non-human species, for homosexuality in humans, see read Homosexuality. Such behaviors include sex, courtship, affection, pair bonding, and parenting among same sex animals. A 1999 review by researcher Bruce Bagemihl shows that homosexual behavior has been observed in close to 1,500 species, ranging from primates to gut worms, and is well documented for 500 of them.[1][2] Animal sexual behavior takes many different forms, even within the same species. The motivations for and implications of these behaviors have yet to be fully understood, since most species have yet to be fully studied.[3] According to Bagemihl, "the animal kingdom [does] it with much greater sexual diversity — including homosexual, bisexual and nonreproductive sex — than the scientific community and society at large have previously been willing to accept."

en.wikipedia.org...

I'm not one to use Wiki as a source, but a quick google search will show multiple other studies with similar results.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Let's just stop this ridiculous recent trend of gay threads. I'm sure a lot of members will agree that ATS is not the place for this type of infighting. Let's, both sides, stick to our roots of denying ignorance, and focus on what ATS is good at, conspiracy theories and alternative news. Besides, divide and conquer.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by paratus

It has been brought up countless times that it does appear in the animal world so the natural argument should be done by this point. Once again if they are expressing their love why is that so wrong?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

i completely agree. and im homosexual. but also the hetero's shouldnt going around calling us "queers" like we dont already know and some of us wouldnt feel the need to flaunt it so much. idk. i dont act gay. but i had a "breeder" cuss me out and call me a "queer" today just because i pulled through his driveway, and he happened to know that i am gay. which had nothing to do with me pulling into his driveway.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by km1550

Originally posted by km1550

It's a shame this site has devolved to a refuge of intolerant, religious hate mongers.

What's worse is that the moderators tolerate the day after day onslaught of this nonsense .

The ATS staff isn't here to censor thoughts, opinions, or ideas. Our function is to facilitate and enable courteous discussion within the boundaries of the ATS Terms And Conditions Of Use. Contrary to much speculation regarding this issue - we are not thought police.

Hefficide
ATS Member and Moderator

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious

Originally posted by Drezden
It's hard to discuses the inequality of rights without discussing the reason for it.

If people wanted homosexuals to keep their discussions behind closed doors, then they wouldn't try to keep them from getting married or having benefits, which brings the discussion into public view. This thing goes both ways. If people give them what they want, and what is fair, the discussion ends.

Sadly, the issue is that marriage is derived from religion and not the state. Government acting in accordance with the majority of spiritual belief enforces the ethics from the religion it was derived from.

The state has absolutely no say in marriage of the same sex because marriage itself isn't a law derived from the state and law, it is derived from the Christian religion and that religion does not acknowledge same sex marriage.

Im all for having the same union for gay people but you MUST call it something else because marriage sadly DOES NOT apply to gay people because the religion on which that word applies leaves no option for it for same sex related unions. Period.

Um, marriage existed way before Christianity, and there are people who are from other religions that says that being gay is ok and they STILL can't get married. If there is freedom and equality why is this religion superior over the other and marriage taken directly from this religion when it's been existent from way before?

Some people want to stay quiet and leave it behind doors but they can't because they see this injustice. Not only that, but straight guys will keep bothering the gays guys which they do not know are gay and will keep asking them "when are they going to get P (female private part, you know the word)". They do not keep their business behind doors straight guys are always talking about their adventures with girls and they will keep bugging you asking when will you get a girl and if you want to stay quiet and not tell them that you are gay, most likely you'll say "I just don't want one at the moment" and they'll figure out that you are gay ANYWAY.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by AmerikanDekline

Gay people are planning to take over the world! Ok now I've just started a conspiracy. The argument may progress.

Well that literally is a bunch of s***, If you know what I mean, That's why it disgusts me.

And no I have no problem with people showing their love, Just don't go around seeking recognition and respect and education our children about sexual orientation. If they wanted to know their sex they can easily pull down their pants and take a look, Period.

link   
Marriage is a religious institution, and so I'm completely fine with restricting access to who can and can't get married. It bothers me, I don't understand how a god could deem that the law, but whatever. I digress.

But with that said, I don't see how someone could possibly be against civil unions. America was founded upon secularity -- separation of religion and state. Why would your religious doctrine dictate the law for everyone? To me, that is clearly wrong, and clearly against what our country stands for. I find it highly pretentious for people to think that they have the right to tell someone they can't be with the person they love.

My other issue is that, in a lot of cases, civil unions are not simply an equivalent, religion-less marriage. Instead, they are downright bastardized versions that don't have nearly the benefits of a 'real' marriage. Sadly, not many people are aware of this fact, which is legitimately discouraging.

For the record, I'm straight. I'm not gay, I'm not bisexual, I'm straight as an arrow. I don't know if it's just a product of being raised by two parents who consider themselves very socially liberal or what, but I have personally found the gay rights debate downright baffling. If there is anything I'm sure of, it's that future generations will look back on ours and say, "wow, I can't believe we treated gays like that" (similar to the way that we can look back and are disgusted at the way our ancestors treated African Americans).

link   
reply to post by sethpaulk

Well see thats just the thing they will bash gays all day long for being immoral and yet they will turn around and call people "fags" and "queers" as if that isn't immoral and completely ok to bash someone based on their person choice of lifestyle..pretty ironic

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Besides, I'm gay. I'm also off to play football later with the lads. What's the biggie?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by paratus

No homosexuality IS in nature. It happens with dogs and monkeys at the very least. And on a more human level, things like "Priest Sickness" exists, thats when a member of a clergy developes strong sexual proclivities towards a certain preference when they deny they're sexual urges. Now, that usually ends up being pedophelia not homosexuality, but sometimes it can be homosexuality. I don't wanna confuse the two.

Part of humanity IS homosexuality for the mere fact that we have humanity, and it contains homosexuality. Its just part of evolution. Who knows maybe one day through evolution it will die off? Sometimes things in this world seem unnatural, but everything is natural by default. This system produces the things you people don't understand, and fear of something you don't understand, sadly, is natural.

Edit:

Originally posted by expo15
.....(similar to the way that we can look back and are disgusted at the way our ancestors treated African Americans).

Thats my favorite garbage here. Love how the African American community dumps on the gay community so much.....just like they were mistreated, hated, bigoted in the past. THEY should be defending gays the most. Sadly, everyone is retarded.
edit on 23-3-2011 by jetflock because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by paratus

Actually you are wrong about that.

There are thousands of different species that exhibit homosexual behavior in nature.

Homosexual behavior in animals refers to the documented evidence of homosexual and bisexual behavior in animals. This article covers non-human species, for homosexuality in humans, see read Homosexuality. Such behaviors include sex, courtship, affection, pair bonding, and parenting among same sex animals. A 1999 review by researcher Bruce Bagemihl shows that homosexual behavior has been observed in close to 1,500 species, ranging from primates to gut worms, and is well documented for 500 of them.[1][2] Animal sexual behavior takes many different forms, even within the same species. The motivations for and implications of these behaviors have yet to be fully understood, since most species have yet to be fully studied.[3] According to Bagemihl, "the animal kingdom [does] it with much greater sexual diversity — including homosexual, bisexual and nonreproductive sex — than the scientific community and society at large have previously been willing to accept."

en.wikipedia.org...

I'm not one to use Wiki as a source, but a quick google search will show multiple other studies with similar results.

~Keeper

My point is that nothing comes to fruition by means of homosexuality in nature other than humans.
No offspring, no passing of genes to the next generation.
Therefore homosexuality is more of a mutation?
It is not normal.
Or they're just really horny and found the nearest being of the same species.

Homosexual animals really just die and do not create.
It would be like attempting to breed with another species or inanimate object.
But maybe they LOVE each other, ???
In any case, my personal belief is were all equal, but to force your belief on someone else is unjust.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Serizawa

The media is the one shoving it in your face not the gay community so turn your tv off if you dont want to see it. Once again show me an actual case of these mythical gay sex teachers who are coming to your childrens schools and teaching them to be gay please oh please show cause i would oh so love to see it because as of yet there has been no evidence supporting this. And mabye the fact is the kids should be informed about gay people so they don't grow up to be hateful bigots

edit on 23-3-2011 by AmerikanDekline because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AmerikanDekline

I see it as more tragic than ironic. Preach love, but express hate. That is the creed of many in this thread.

Their mindset has been stated that homosexuals do not feel "real" love for each other. There is no reasoning to be done with people who hold this belief.

link   
reply to post by paratus

A question for you: Is heterosexual sex wrong if it is not done solely for the purpose of procreation? Is sex for pleasure forbidden or unnatural?

link   
I thought animals do it to show dominance? Just like people do it prison? No joke by the way. Has anyone ever watched Ross kemp on gangs in South Africa, Remember the Numbers gang leader John Mongrol? He rapped all the new inmates to show his dominance although he kept denying he was gay. :S

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I myself believe state and religion should be separate....If it were then we would have NO problem and same sex marriage would be granted....Its because of the bible which was written by man, that we have the laws we have and its wrong They wrote what there perceptions were of god at the time based on there homophobic fears IMO.........They have every right to get all the benefits that heterosexuals get and every right to speak up on this...I am heterosexual and i WILL continue to stand up with them for there rights until i leave this earth!!!....They are our brothers and sisters!!...Hmm interesting that you are sick of it yet you start a thread talking about what you are tired of hearing!

eta....Homophobics are a sad sad group of people imo.
edit on 23-3-2011 by StarLightStarBright2 because: (no reason given)

link   
......"Your not Jews, you have haven't struggled for 5 thousand years under endless oppression. You like sex with the same member of your own sex and are narcissistic enough to think that everyone needs to know and acknowledge it when all we want is for you to just keep it in your pants and behind closed doors like everyone else has been expected too do since a civilized society was formed......."

The above statement, by the poster of this thread, is typical of the mentality of the uneducated and uninformed. I am assuming you are a "breeder" (Straight..). Because this is the sentiment and 'rationale' many straight people harbor. Simply place yourself and your opposite sex other half in the position of having to refrain from displaying any kind of public affection, however slight. Imagine your partner, or "wife" just died and you were told you had no right to express any opinions, preferences....Or anything, frankly.

To a hospital or legal forum, gay couples have no rights when it comes to handling the affairs of a loved one, if the need should arise. I have seen gay couples who have been together happily for more than 20-30 years. When one would pass away, the other had absolutely no say in what happened in their partners affairs, belongings or anything else the two of you built together for decades. This is only one of many, many, many examples of just what it is gay people must somehow try to deal with. It's never ending.

Equality as humans, that's all. It's just a damned shame any human should have to "ask" to be treated equal. That's all. Just equal. Hasn't got a thing to do with the act of sex, absolutely nothing. That part comes right out of your own head. (And "Jews?????" WTF have Jews got to do with anything gay??? Incidentally....check your history...REAL history. They have NOT been whacked around for "5 thousand years." More like 1,400 at the most.)

Your assertion that "gays have not been oppressed," like Jews have, is utterly ridiculous. What? Are you saying that before the jews morphed, that it was OK to be gay??
edit on 3/23/2011 by be4ne1 because: clarification edit

link   
People argue that it's a religious issue are only seeing it from their point of view and THEIR religion. Please keep in mind that there are over 400 major deities out there that people currently worship and at least as many religions based off those deities. A number of those don't have any stipulations on sexual preference, yet include marriage.

As soon as homosexuals have the same legal rights as heterosexuals, you're going to see this as a big deal. Denying the legal rights of a fairly large cross-section of the population is wrong and divisive.

Even in the Christian religions, there are a number of them that condone homosexual marriage. If your opinion is valid about YOUR religion, then theirs is as well.

Hell, even the name of the Christian religion is based off of what was supposedly the most empathetic and understanding person ever put on earth. To follow a religion with his name and not try to be "Christ-like" seems hypocritical.

As far as shutting up about being gay, as soon ALL public affection and extolling of your relationships is banned, I'm sure that'll be a valid idea. For every person that talks about their gay lifestyle, there's 5 people talking about their straight lifestyle. It's a two way street and if you can tell someone to hush about THEIR behavior someone will come along and tell you to hush about yours.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join