It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be gay all you want, just hush up about it!

page: 27
<< 24  25  26   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by imjustlikeyou
I'm pretty sure all of these loud Gay Crusaders are hiding in the straight closet (sexually confused) but are too ashamed to come out. They seem to have bigoted views about Straight people.

Oh yes, that's exactly it, because it's gay people that are denying constitutional rights to to entire groups of people simply for being different /snark

Or course you can read about the history of gay oppression, one thing you won't find is wholesale examples that straight people were ever stoned, thrown in jail, killed, beaten, put in concentration camps just for being straight, like gay people were were by other straight people simply for being different from them. So try again, your false equivalencies here don't work. at. all.

And by the way, incase you didn't know, there's no such thing as a "straight closet" since straight people are not discriminated against for being straight, nor are they denied rights like gay people. It seems that you are the one who is confused about something here, not gay people.

Originally posted by imjustlikeyouI've noticed that the Gay Crusaders point out that they are just like everyone else, they are our brothers and sisters in the human race. Yet they also have to point out that they are different from us because they are gay. This confuses me.

What confuses you is that you find it so difficult to believe that other humans should be treated with dignity and respect. The fact that they choose to love someone of the same gender doesn't mean that you oppress them and discriminate against them. Black people are our brother and sisters in the human race despite that they have different skin color than you. Women are out sisters in the human race despite that they have different body parts than you. Do you see a pattern? Just because someone has differences doesn't give you an excuse to act like someone born in the Dark Ages and persecute them. Who ever decided that you and certain other straight, white, male christian people are superior to everyone else on earth and gave you guys the right to treat everyone else like sub-humans? Oh yeah, no one, did, but bible-thumpers will still use their "religion" to justify their hate.

Originally posted by imjustlikeyouIf Gays were "all loving" and "accepting" they would not be loudly demanding laws to be changed to suit their own views.

Oh yeah, god forbid people demand to be treated more than subhumans. God forbid that gay people have all the same rights under the law that you currently enjoy. Here's an idea, lets take away constitutional rights for YOU and see how long it takes you to start demanding to be treated fairly like everyone else. You seem to not "get" that gays aren't "demanding laws to be changed to suit their own views" they are demanding that laws be changed so that they can have the SAME RIGHTS AS EVERYONE ELSE.

Originally posted by imjustlikeyouGays also love chanting - " I'm a victim, I'm a victim, I'm a victim." which makes them think they are victims and hard done by.

Firstly, I'd like to know what your definition of a "victim" actually is. Because throughout history gays have been burned at the stake by Christians, persecuted and thrown into concentration camps by nazis, beaten & stoned by muslims, christians and other religious zealots. As well as systematically denied rights in this country, thrown in jail for being gay, and otherwise beaten, and murdered for being gay. Don't pretend to be ignorant of the hundreds of murders that take place in this country of LGBT people simply because ignorant zealots like yourself think gay people deserve to be treated like sub-humans.

Secondly, I don't know any gay person that goes around chanting "I'm a victim, I'm a victim" as you so ignorantly characterize. However, gay people are aware of the history of oppression at the hands of ignorant zealots like yourself and have finally said "enough is enough" and decided to stand up for themselves. Rather "gay pride" is not about "victimhood" it's about counteracting the ignorance and bigotry that LGBT people have to deal with on a daily basis from people like yourself.

Originally posted by imjustlikeyouGay people are creating their own problems these days as most Straight people simply don't care anymore.

Right because all the murders of LGBT people by ignorant zealot straight people, the constitutional rights denied to gay people by straight people, the beatings and bullying, the police harassment, the workplace discrimination, the everyday discrimination etc. are all the doing of gay people. //facepalm// And this has got to be one of the stupidest comments I've seen on this entire thread, I don't even know why I'm giving it the time of day...it's like there's a murder, and you go and blame the dead person rather than the murderer for the crime...it's just stupid, insane and makes no sense except for the fact that you are so blinded by your hate and bigotry for gay people that you decide to blame them for their own discrimination. It would be hilarious, actually if it weren't for the fact that LGBT people weren't being stoned in countries like Iran and Saudi Arabia, and even murdered in this country and others because of religious zealots like yourself.

Originally posted by imjustlikeyouOne misconception that needs clearing up....God does love you all (simply being Gay does not mean you are going to hell). Being Gay does not equate to being evil........................but please get over yourselves.

Well that's the nicest thing you said so far. But sorry, it isn't gay people who need to "get over themselves" it's religious zealots like yourself who need to get over your own hatred.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ACTS 2:38
reply to post by UndisclosedDesire

Testament: a archaic : a covenant between God and the human race
Old: dating from the remote past
New: having recently come into existence

Old Testament by definition is Old, no longer in play.

The New Testament is now what God whose name is Jesus wants us to live by.

Yet I know the rules are to hard as you can not do what you want by the law of God and that is why it is easy for you to discredit the existence of Him base upon a life style choice.

To the un-godly Morals are not absolute but at the whim of the fleshly desires.

"I have only one commandment. Love one another as I have loved you."

Christianity isn't about morals, but inspiration, and the happiness and joy of living by a higher standard of quality which we all know when we see it, experience it, and are it.

As soon as should and shouldn't and morality are introduced, we are back eating from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

Does this mean that anything is permissible? Hardly, since evil never brings joy.

Is homosexuality evil or a sin? How could it be, since that's their sexual orientation, and no one chooses to be gay.

Yes there's vanity and promiscuity in the gay community, but so too does it exist in the heterosexual arena.

If I were a minister of the church I would marry a loving gay couple, provided they had the same committment to one another as would be expected in any marriage union.

Acceptance - it's perhaps one of the highest forms of love.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by rufusthestuntbum
This thread is an absolute farce... Why does it matter who is gay or straight? Look at the world around you... Look at the suffering in Japan, look at the starvation in Africa, at the state of the economy, and we are here talking about THIS? COME ON ATS WHAT ARE WE DOING?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

We are talking about a MINORITY getting bullied by assholes, and standing up to them, while trying to teach save other's that are bullied by the same to stand up for themselves, the other issue's do not go unnoticed let me tell you!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Why are people worried about what is on the front page of ATS when people are dying in Japan!

See what I just did there!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

dude. i seriously doubt, from reading your post, that 'NOBODY there would have assumed you were gay'

let me show you all the 'gay only' phrases in that post:

no straight guy uses terms to describe football like 'I went down hard on my man'

'I just had a great evening in the company of other men'

'i put my ball deep and played into the whole'

no offense, but anyone could probably pick up on the fact that you are indeed gay in about 1.2 seconds. not that anything is wrong with being gay. but sheesh, no straight guy would ever talk like that. so i'd say your attempt at whatever you were trying to prove backfired. very entertaining though. flame on

Originally posted by rufusthestuntbum
Reply to post by kroms33

Well said on that... I'm a gay guy myself as some of you know... I just had a great evening in the company of other men... I got all hot and sweaty. Tonight I went down hard on my man, going straight for the tackle. I put my ball up deep then played into the hole... Now, let me stop you there.... It was a good game of football... But seriously, I pulled no punches, NOBODY there would have assumed I was gay, which addresses the OP, does it not? I mean, what's the issue here, there is a lot of ignorance on this thread. With all that's going on in the world, it is an absolute embarrassment to the ATS community that THIS is front page!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

I tend to agree with you. However, I think the argument is more over what rights who receives.

I never did understand how flamboyant some gay men are however. I mean, I get it that they feel more like women, the only problem is I dont know any women who act like that. SO thats the only gay issue that I dont understand... but I'm not gay, so I guess thats why.
To each his own.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
If I liked to put a dog collar on my girlfriend and demand she bark like a dog, I don't think I would feel the need to broadcast that to everyone around me and if anyone else thought it was strange I would point a finger, call them a bigot and demand equality for people who like to dog collar there significant other and then call it persecution.

Riiiiiight. If.

You're one sick puppy (pun intended).

I pretty much agree with you though, people should keep their preferences to themselves. Who cares what two (or more) consenting adults do behind closed doors. The only thing I have a problem with is if somebody loses their job because their sexuality somehow comes to light, as in don't ask don't tell. If you're in the military and had built your career around that, but got drunk one night and let it slip that you like your girlfriend to act like a dog, it would suck pretty bad to have your entire career pulled from under you for that, wouldn't it?
edit on 23-3-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

ATTENTION...

As it seems impossible for certain members of our community to discuss this issue in a civilized manner -- and have chosen instead to resort to the lowest form of debasement via hateful insults and overall intolerance -- the staff has no other recourse than to close this thread.

Mod Note: ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26   >>

join