It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be gay all you want, just hush up about it!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Quasar_La-Zar

what you said!!! %100 i couldnt have said it better

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by tpak89
True words OP! People are always trying to bring attention to their private sexual preferences when nobody gives a damn in the first place! Good post

Straight people talking about their girlfriend or wife isn't talking about sexual things. When a gay person is talking about their boyfriend or a lesbian talking about their girlfriend it's not talking about sexual things.. It's all about the person you love.

Why is it not considered sexual when straight people talk about the person they love, yet a gay person talking about who they love is automatically only talking about a sexual perversion? It makes no sense to me.

If you applied that same logic to straight people then they talk about their sexuality constantly..

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Someone trumpeting their "gayness" makes me embarrassed as a human.

Keep it to yourself, we can tell by your lisp or your mullet if your gay.

Enough already, we get it, YOU'RE GAY and DIFFERENT and need to be NOTICED.

Now shut the $%&*#@ up already.

Were all human, that's all we are...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
The funniest part of this argument is that it comes from people who are so "enlightened" with themselves and their little gods, WHILE BEING TOTALLY EVIL AND HORRIBLE TO THE OTHER HUMANS AROUND THEM.

I've always said "believing in god is an excuse to be the most hateful, war-hungry, money-hungry a hole you can be in life." And they fit the description exactly. Too bad only like 5% of Christians are good members of society. I say we make a bill that bans Christians from the military and from marriage, they have too much power anyways. Also tax the churches, want to know why they dont now? BECAUSE THEY ARE BRAINWASHING INSTITUTIONS THAT ATTRACT PEOPLE WITH CRAPPY LIVES, OR WHAT THEY THINK IS CRAPPY, TO BELIEVE IN A PREDETERMINED SET OF RULES TO FOLLOW YOUR LIFE ON. THATS IT. IF YOU WANT TO GO THERE, PAY 5 BUCKS AN ENTREE JUST LIKE GOING TO THE MOVIES, NO DIFFERENT, YOUR PAYING FOR ENTERTAINMENT NOTHING ELSE.

I'm 18 and telling you this people, if you are older than me and disagree, then your the people im talking about.
I noticed all the other politicians that are in office and decided, I'm going to be a politician, and propose this bill. Can't be that hard to do right? I mean cannabis was banned without even knowing they were banning hemp fibers at the same time, so why can't I?

Rant over.
edit on 23-3-2011 by Quasar_La-Zar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Really? So If i get irritated because of the screaming ten year old children in the street, that (according to your brain-defying logic) is because I am actually a ten year old screaming child.

Listen, your pseudo-facts are quite frankly bollocks - if someone is disgusted at the sight of two men snogging each other, chances are they are not gay. Chances are they are anything but gay..

WHAT? and I have brain defying logic? NICE, If perhap you CONSTANTLY put up posts about how ten year old kids screaming is imoral, and that they should keep it to themselves etc, etc. Then yeah theres got to be some reason its on your mind AT ALL TIMES. (also being disgusted at 2 men snogging infront of your face IS NOT what we are discussing here! and my logics gimpy is it? See what I mean though, why are you thinking about 2 men snogging?...lol!)

Again if gay people (using you own logic) were constantly yelling about "gayness" and assorted gay things and kissing in your face, then yes, you would have grounds for complaining, but I dont see it. It doesnt happen.

I get the fact I am generalizing, of course I am (bad habit!) I could have done without "this is a fact" because I know its not, but its like I said there must be a reason Its annoying these people so much and the reasons given here (not the ones you added) as far as im concerned are not valid.

Its really all about ignorance, people talk about freedom yet it apears to only count if everyone else has the same beliefs as you. Gay people are PEOPLE, like me, like you, and they should have the same freedoms and rights the rest of us have,This shouldnt even be an issue, and it doesnt matter what I think or what you think, that IS a fact.
edit on 23/3/11 by S3ns1bl3 because: spelling

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I stopped caring a long time ago, I don't care if gays are allowed to get married or not, I agree with the OP though I'm sick of hearing about it like it is some important issue, there are much more important things in the world than a few gays running around playing with each other, parading and mouthing on TV. This is not specific to gays of course; a lot of different sub-cultures, religions and races do this and of course I'm tired of listening to them all complain, even if its something I agree with. Nobody cares about what is good for everyone anymore, they just want to push their little version of reality onto everyone else. Unfortunately we all share the same world and DNA.

What makes a wise man is the ability to disregard his emotions when striving for a goal, we are supposed to be Homo Sapiens after all, which means "wise man". Maybe our name is supposed to represent the end goal of this species and is not a description, long ways to go.

Edit: Let me clarify, I don't mean I don't care about them as in I want them dead. I mean I'm just sick of thinking about it, in my mind they are still Americans and deserve all rights that I do.
edit on 23-3-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmerikanDekline
reply to post by Deebo

RIGHT-O! HA i dont know how many times ive been at work and seen people openly make out or a dude talk about how he pounded 3 chicks over the weekend in graphic detail. I ask you again the question how is it right for one and not the other? Still not answered by anyone. Or do you just believe they arent equal as humans?

Simple, it takes a woman and a man to create. Its is natural, it is the reason why we have 6 billion people, and billions of animals. Simple enough for ya?

Deebo

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Yeah I agree. I don't care if you are gay as long as you don't go out promoting it.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Deebo

Gay people have always been around can you not except that? So the argument that being gay is unnatural is mute. I love how when you have nothing else you guys always revert back to the procreation thing. There are billions of people and millions of gays. Doesnt seem to be having much of an affect on the straight population does it? So wheres your beef?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmerikanDekline
reply to post by Deebo

Gay people have always been around can you not except that? So the argument that being gay is unnatural is mute. I love how when you have nothing else you guys always revert back to the procreation thing. There are billions of people and millions of gays. Doesnt seem to be having much of an affect on the straight population does it? So wheres your beef?

I have no beef, and if a person want's to be gay that is their business, but in my personal experience, the ones I have encountered can not and will not keep it to themselves. Very simple really.

Deebo

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quasar_La-Zar
I am amazed at how racist even the people on ATS can be, maybe without realizing it.

When you say "I'm tired of gays forcing their will on me!"

You are not gay, therefore YOU are not bothered when society says fa-_-t every minute when you go out in public, and to be bullied at school/ thousands of gays killing themselves because they are social outcasts in school, ect.

You don't have to be GAY to be a social outcast.. Many people go through that and get no special treatment.

There is little different from the black issue and the N word, except for "liberties"

Those who are not the target group of the hate, do not get bothered by it, so when someone who IS bothered by it says enough is enough let me marry and join the military, YOU assume because you're blind they are on the same level as you, so you blast them, unfairly.

I honestly think if the gay community was as hateful as society is to them, we would call them terrorists and kill them.

Oh but they are.. They're called ultra progressive liberals! All they do is bash the religious and the conservatives on a regular basis while smugly laughing.. Childish really..

I think the fact that the majority is more passive then hateful, makes them a hell of a lot more of a citizen then you cruel heartless monkeys [I refuse to call someone whos a racist/unintelligent a person]

I think the majority is more passive then hateful but regardless you don't get to pick and choose who's a person or not.

I mean it makes sense, isn't it like 85% of americans believe in jesus? That would give us our racist and unintelligent people, are they not the reason the gay community has been labed bad in our country anyways? If its not jesus its some other useless deity.

Play the religion hate card more. Maybe you hate God because it's the only way to justify your actions? I don't get it for someone who is trying to say they defend the hated you sure spew alot of hate yourself!

"Being gay is unnatural" LMAO, worst argument line ever. answer: "Ugh, isn't gay activity that is documented considered natural behavior"

Not really. Go make a baby without man made technology. You can't? I guess natural selection should let you all end your own bloodlines.

"Having gays in the military will destroy this country!" No, No it will not. What will destroy this country is racist bigots and poor leadership which we have enough of both, notice our country is in the crapper. Tell ya what, if i was on the battlefield, and I was shot, and there was a gay medic, and a straight medic, i would choose the gay one anyday, the chances are he actually cares about people and his practice and will help you even if shot at, I would expect the straight guy to run like a coward and not even know what hes doing.

He might get a quick groping though if you pass out.

Cmon guys, this is just unintelligent radical religion nuts that are even bothered enough to come on a forum to bash gays, why do we even care what they think? oh 80% of ats'ers are religious too? crap, well i guess we know where our anti-gay members are coming from then don't we?

I'm atheist, I don't bash gays, I just argue against ignorance like when there's a double standard of prejudice. You defend homosexuality while you bash christians. GG!
edit on 23-3-2011 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Ah the old Christian gay bashing "Gay ain't natural!!!!" thing.

Followers of a guy who was born to a virgin, who was impregnated by "God", and who walked on water, turned water into wine, raised the dead, and who rose from the dead himself - arguing that something isn't "natural"?

Oh, and he preached love and tolerance so, now, his followers hate in his name?

Are you people sure about this???

Leave the damn gay folks alone. It's not like they want in your pants.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Deebo

So you still haven't answered my question. STRAIGHT people do this exact same thing yet you are not saying anything about them. Why the gays? Obviously you do have a problem or you wouldn't be commenting about it.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

The reality is it is no longer legal to say what we really think and in some cases it has been labeled "Hate Crime". However, it may still be safe for me to say that our country (the USA) has been so severally corrupted that I now see no way we are not going to be destroyed.

I notice that every means to come out and show what we are deep inside has been provided and frankly, I think it a set-up to draw all the sinfilled to expose themselves, be identified and destroyed.

edit on 23-3-2011 by MajorKarma because: Typos

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorKarma

Ding dong. (No pun intended)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I agree

I don't want to see Hetrosexuals or Gays making out in public either, get a room and keep it out of my view.
Don't claim that we are bigots or prejudice either, we just don't want it in our faces Chris Crocker style.
I have interacted with gay men that behave like regular people, they are very nice people.
The people that flagrantly flaunt it, have issues beyond sexual preference.
edit on 23-3-2011 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Straight people need to stfu about how many women they sleep with, We don't give a damn, S*** isn't funny so they need to stop putting it in movies as a joke. Gay people need to stfu as well, What kind of freaking rights do you want? Wanna walk down the street wearing thongs? Is that it?......

Thank you OP for posting this, It makes me sick GAY RIGHTS THIS GAY RIGHTS THAT!

Stop yapping!!!!!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

The simple fact of the matter is that before we had the "great" debate about gay rights NOBODY wanted to hear about heterosexual wants and needs either! A persons sexual preference should be left behind closed doors.

Sounds like you care too much about what other people think, and you wish gay people were equally repressed.

It's not about weather you like penis or vagina, it's not about weather you prefer your own sex or the opposite, it's about keeping it private and not forcing it on everyone else around you because regardless of your preference it has no place in your every day life when it pertains to things like..... Jobs.

Simply stated, even innocent behavior between gays or lesbians like a simple peck on the cheek or holding hands would be perceived as "gay behavior" by bigots like you.

The only real solution with people like you, is if gay's never touch in public for any reason. After all, we wouldn't want them to threaten your ego with something that doesn't involve you.

If I liked to put a dog collar on my girlfriend and demand she bark like a dog, I don't think I would feel the need to broadcast that to everyone around me and if anyone else thought it was strange I would point a finger, call them a bigot and demand equality for people who like to dog collar there significant other and then call it persecution.

So, you wouldn't want to do this in public, but if you did and people found out anyways...you would call people who disapprove bigots?

Then you are a monumental hypocrite.

Nobody cares what you do or what you like until you force it on everyone by deliberately acting different for no other reason than to claim to be martyrs. Shut up and do what you want and do it like the rest of us behind closed doors and guess what..... Problem solved.

I don't care how they act, as long as their public conduct is legal.

Are you saying that gay people intentionally "gay it up" to get negative attention?

What exactly are gay people doing in front of you, in public, that you have a problem with?

Your not Jews, you have haven't struggled for 5 thousand years under endless oppression. You like sex with the same member of your own sex and are narcissistic enough to think that everyone needs to know and acknowledge it when all we want is for you to just keep it in your pants and behind closed doors like everyone else has been expected too do since a civilized society was formed.

LMAO, what do Jews have to do with anything?
BTW, Homosexuality has been around longer than Jews, and I'm sure they've been hated for that long too.

Keep it in the pants?
Are you claiming that gay people had sex in front of you?

Straight guys like me do things in public all the time to cement our straight status, especially if we are with a girl. Seems like you just got spooked and threatened by seeing a same-sex couple kissing or something else mundane. Well, I got no sympathy for you...get over it or move somewhere that actually makes homosexuality illegal. Then you never have to subject your poor poor eyes to it ever again.

As long as they aren't trying violating your rights, and you willingly live where it's accepted, then you have no place to complain.

BTW, there have been many civil societies that encouraged homosexuality or public sex of various kinds. So, you only show your ignorance of history when you say such things.
edit on 23-3-2011 by Byteman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
God has not yet fully revealed his plan for the growing number of gay people and sexualized culture of them worldwide. He has guided both 'gay rights' and 'abortion' left wing issues in the minds of man. As the culture of homosexuality grows, so too has science improved - in revealing the truth about the unborn fetus' ability to feel pain. When mankind awakens to the true horrors of the prejudice and murder of the unborn, the liberal party can request a trade off for gay marriage and abortion. Like heroes, those gays who wish to marry can be allowed to upon the adoption of a child - and save the lives of the unborn children who would have been thrown away like garbage en mass, while at the same time providing for the pregnant mothers. Until that day comes, promotion of the lifestyle is necessary.

There should be no prejudice against any peoples: gay, straight, born, or unborn. This will be a culture shift; not an absolute mandate sending aborters to prision, not a free pass to marry a flavor of the week for random gay hook-ups.

At least, that is my theory and my hope FWIW

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Funny, the only time I see homosexuality brought up on ATS is when people decide to post ridiculously controversial threads which are guarenteed to bring up high emotions and a bunch of BS divisive speech. If you don't want to hear about homosexuality my suggestion would be to not post a thread about it, since that's only going to stir this up (as you can see with your thread gaining 200+ responses).

It sounds to me that you actually just want an opportunity to bash on gay people as your entire thread is based on that premise. I find it rather hilarious that homophobes like you don't want us to discuss anything about our personal lives; apparently it's highly offensive for me to mention that I have a husband instead of a wife when someone asks me if I'm married.

It's not like it matters anyway--the reason why there is such a "debate" on homosexuality right now is because religious conservatives are seeing homosexuality gaining widespread acceptance (on a clip of about 70-30 with people under 25) and are seeing the inevitability of gay marriage and equal rights under the law regardless of sexual orientation. It's much like the people who tried to stop interracial marriage or the civil rights movement:; it terrifies you that you know bigotry against gay people is going away. In fact; CBS News just released a poll that a majority of Americans (53-47) support gay marriage; so I guess the "people have spoken".

It's fun; the teabaggers only support the "people's choice" when it agrees with their own backwards social values. Have fun living in the stone age; I find your griping about homosexuality hilarious!

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join