It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be gay all you want, just hush up about it!

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Helmkat

I think we're also forgetting the very important fact that humans don't have sex like most animals. I think only in Dolphins and Chimps can we see recreational sex. IE sex for pleasure and social bonds rather than simply reproduction.

The actual rate at which humans conceive to sexual intercourse is very low when compared to most mammals. This suggests that the reason behind sex is not solely reproduction so just because no conception comes from sex does not make it unnatural.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetflock

Originally posted by JohnnyTHSeed
reply to post by paratus

I don't agree with your use of natural and normal being interchangeable.

Normal means something that is common. Homosexuality is not normal in the sense that statistically a small number of people identify as being homosexual.

Natural though is a word with all sorts of meanings. What does natural mean to you?

If a system consistently produces what you call unnatural, than its natural.

Natural means pertaining to nature. Nature and Natural comes from the same root. If it's all around nature, then it's natural. Through mankind's history there has always been gay people, therefore it's natural in humans. If there are animals that are gay and they have a history of other gay animals being produced, then it's natural for them too.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SmedleyBurlap

hahaha well put brother

As to quote one of these other outstanding gay threads

Where is Obama the Homosexual Champion hahah wow

these thread are only hurting you guys arguments you know that right
edit on 23-3-2011 by AmerikanDekline because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by AmerikanDekline

They just don't understand the fact that people are happy about what and who they have become. in life they will understand that gays and lesbians are people with feelings and they have a mind of there own. And the truth will be set free they are just scared to realize that one day if i was gay i just wanted to be herd and be treated like a human being just like you and the other people around the world.

link   
reply to post by jetflock

No it can't LLOL
it's just reabsorbed by you oady...hahahaha!!! That's funny.

link   

Originally posted by Jinglelord
reply to post by Helmkat

I think we're also forgetting the very important fact that humans don't have sex like most animals. I think only in Dolphins and Chimps can we see recreational sex. IE sex for pleasure and social bonds rather than simply reproduction.

The actual rate at which humans conceive to sexual intercourse is very low when compared to most mammals. This suggests that the reason behind sex is not solely reproduction so just because no conception comes from sex does not make it unnatural.

So very true, this is again, another fact blindly stepped over in the "Well that can't make babies" and "unnatural" argument.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

That;s exactly the answer I need to verify that you were sincere. Children may be encouraged to experiment with their sexuality? Isn't that a possibility. I've heard of guys changing their sexual orientations after they get married, from the ages of 20 - 60. I think if anything over 80% of the time it's physiological.

link   
reply to post by babygirl27

Yes very well spoken. Hopefully one day we will realize the only way to better our planet and ourselves is to come together as the human race and treat all as equals...but i fear that day is way ahead of us sadly

link   
reply to post by XLR8R

Isn't it great that people take the time to understand how their own bodies works

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Serizawa

ORRRR and listen here for just one little second those people who how you say "decided" to be gay around 20 or 30 mabye they were never properly educated and always ridiculed for having gay tendencies and were not comfortable coming out later in life because of that you know crazy thought i know...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyTHSeed
reply to post by paratus

I don't agree with your use of natural and normal being interchangeable.

Normal means something that is common. Homosexuality is not normal in the sense that statistically a small number of people identify as being homosexual.

Natural though is a word with all sorts of meanings. What does natural mean to you?

In mice populations, when they become over poopulated there is a rise in homosexual activity. I think this is because to thrive, mammals need not only proper nutrition (food water) but emotional security, and sharing a physical bond with another being is part of that. Sex and relationships are not solely about reproduction even in other species of the animal kingdom. And let us not ignore the homosexual population of plants.
edit on 23-3-2011 by JohnnyTHSeed because: (no reason given)

Homosexual is not natural.
Natural?
In an evolutionary sense, I think homosexuality is, as you stated above regarding mice, a means to establish homeostasis in order to keep a species on track for survival or to thrive. If that deems certain subject unable to procreate then that is for the betterment of the species.

Individually homosexuality I'm sure is filled with love and all the other baggage that goes with a relationship.

I've many gay/lesbian friends.

Normal?
It fast-tracking in today's society to become normal to be gay.

However in the eyes of a child, you can see that they have an evolutionary sense when they see 2 humans of the same sex "together" that it makes them uneasy and that they can tell that it is not normal or natural.

flame away...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I don't think it should matter what sex you are and what you do if thats how you want to be then i think it should be up to you no matter what any body says. i have a friend thats gay and it don't bother me that they are gay or not. they shouldn't hide what they are from any body.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Look i am just trying to say open your mind. I too once thought being gay was how you guys put it disgusting. Then when i was 23 my best friend who i had known my whole life told me he was gay. You know the first thing that came to my mind? Not about it being gross but how for all those years how i talked about being gay and using words like fag and such all im saying is it is the way they are and they just want to be loved like any other person. It opened my eyes for my ignorant point of view and i hope for all those who are expressing hate you too will have a similar event take place in your life.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I'd love to know what constitutes hearing about homosexuality too much for some of you bigots here. Is a friend talking about their relationship too much? Because I hear married couples or boyfriend/girlfriend relationships ALL the time, and it's perfectly fine - why wouldn't you discuss the most important people in your life?

Is it gay characters on TV or the movies? Guess what buddy - 99.9999999999999999999999% of all mass media is still aimed at white middle class heterosexuals, so I think you're doing just fine there too.

The fact of the matter is homosexual relationships don't have the same human and legal rights as heterosexual relationships - in terms of a whole host of things like financial, healthcare, inheritence, adoption, sex education, employment, discrimination etc.

So there needs to be discussion on the area - and you're gonna hear it. If you don't like that, you have personal issues you need to deal with yourself, because inequality for any group in society is a bad thing, so stiff upper lip and deal with your fears yourself.

Acceptance of homosexuality is following the same pattern as acceptance of race - it's gonna take a long time to stamp out the inequalities and fears, but generation by generation - YOU, the terrified few will get fewer and fewer until your as exinct as the dinosaurs and simply a footnote in history, an echo of a more primative time.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Maybe they had failed marriages and were not very successful in keeping women?.....Who knows I just find it very weird.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
SCIENCE and FACTS vs. "lies" "Ignorance" "bigotry" etc.

Let's see the "haters" actually post some scientific proof to back up the vitriol they are spewing. Because so far, in all these threads I haven't seen one shred of evidence. Why? Because comments like "gay people are abnormal" and "homosexuality is unnatural" and "AIDS is a gay disease" and "the purpose of sex is for reproduction" are all either merely bigoted OPINIONS or outright LIES...and generally that's what you will find across the board, throughout history, that LIES and PROPAGANDA has always been used to oppress other groups of humans, whether these people use their religion or personal opinions to push lies as if they were facts, none of it can be backed up by actual science. No matter what, these people need to be stood up to and their lies exposed, lest we have a repeat of history where people were rounded up, thrown in prison or killed because they were different. I bet most of these people don't even know about the history of the pink triangle.

round 1:

General Wiki article on homosexual behavior (good starting point):
en.wikipedia.org...

List of some known homosexual species:
en.wikipedia.org...

2 Articles regarding Olso Museums Homosexuality in Nature exhibit:
www.nhm.uio.no...
www.nhm.uio.no...

Hyena Research by Dr. Kay Holekamp
www.msu.edu...

NatGeo article, say 75% of bonobo sex is non reproductive and nearly all engage in homosexual behavior:
news.nationalgeographic.com...

Article headline says 1,500 animal species practices homosexual behavior:
www.news-medical.net...

Study on homosexuality in male rams
endo.endojournals.org...

Article covers a variety of species
news.softpedia.com...

Research by Nathan Bailey; University of California
www.cell.com...
www.cell.com...

Article talks about homosexual behavior being present in nearly all species
www.sciencedaily.com...

Covers a variety of species, including dolphins
www.queerty.com...

Some previews of books on the subject from google books
books.google.com...=onepage&q&f=false

books.google.com...=onepage&q&f=false

books.google.com...

I thought the motto of this site was "DENY IGNORANCE". Seems like a lot of people come on here merely to spread ignorance and push their ignorance on others.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Another homophobic rant here on ATS! This is the manifestation of latent homosexuality, the internal struggle to subdue the gay person deep inside just screaming to be free. But alas due to the machinations of the religious control systems a subconscious psychological conflict ensues and profound internal guilt brings forth denial, which leads to homophobia and ridiculous expressions of faux-machismo such as professional football and monster truck racing. Do you dudes know how friggin transparent you are, will all your "I hate *SNIP*" ! With all your internal denial you grasp at what you perceive as heterosexualism but you can't quite pull it off. So you go through life struggling in your relationship's with women, flaccid, impotent and unfortunately, frequently physically and psychologically abusive. This is a grave disservice to women, which really pisses me off! Because women are awesome! So in short, you homophobes are the ones who are *SNIP* up. Square your *SNIP* away. Your not fooling anyone,except yourself! I wish you PEACE!

edit on 3-23-2011 by Springer because: Removed censor circumvention

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Well, your premise is okay, but the delivery is lacking.

Both sides of the conflict need to shut the Hell up about it.

Gay people fight for their rights and religiously intolerant people deny those rights.

It is not one side, or another, it is in fact both sides being quite ignorant.

While I will certainly respect someone's right to their sexual direction, I do not want to see parades.

They do however have the right to share their viewpoints in society, politics, and elsewhere.

Do I think that gay or lesbians should have equal rights under Government sanctioning?

No Place To Hide

Amazon Review :

George Orwell envisioned Big Brother as an outgrowth of a looming totalitarian state, but in this timely survey Robert O'Harrow Jr. portrays a surveillance society that's less centralized and more a joint public/private venture.

Indeed, the most frightening aspect of the Washington Post reporter's thoroughly researched and naggingly disquieting chronicle lies in the matter-of-fact nature of information hunters and gatherers and the insatiable systems they've concocted.

Here is a world where data is gathered by relatively unheralded organizations that smooth the way for commercial entities to find the good customers and avoid dicey ones.

Government of course too has an interest in the data that's been mined. Information is power, especially when trying to find the bad guys.

The mutually compatible skills and needs shared by private and public snoopers were fusing prior to the attacks of 9/11, but the process has since gone into hyperdrive.

O'Harrow weaves together vignettes to record the development of the "security-industrial complex," taking pains to personalize his chronicle of a movement that's remained (perhaps purposefully) faceless.

Recognizing the appeal of state-of-the-art systems that can track down a murderer/rapist with heretofore unimaginable speed, the author recognizes, too, that the same devices can mistakenly destroy reputations and cast a pall over a free society.

In a post-9/11 world where homeland security often trumps personal liberty, this work is an eye-opener for those who take their privacy for granted.

Personally, I think Government needs to stay out of everyone's bedroom, and or closet.

I do not believe the Federal Government should have any right, any legislation, or say in what you do, or do not do in your bedroom.

When a Government becomes that nosey they are far too powerful.

I know many gay and lesbian people and I am perfectly comfortable around them.

Then again I know many Government people, conspiracy theorists, Republicans, Democrats, you name it.

Labels and those who use them are ignorant and a sign of an ignorant society towards keeping tabs.

I am a white, heterosexual, single male but this does not define who I am.

I did not survive because of the labels society tried placing on me I survive in spite of them and refuse them.

While it is certainly your right, original poster, to ask for homosexuals to be silent, so is it their right to proclaim whatever the Hell they want to, whether you or I agree with it or not, it is a right protected since the beginning of America.

That is called Freedom of Speech, a guaranteed right I am willing to defend to my own death, and as well I am willing to defend you as well as those gays you're trying to silence so that they have the God-given ability to share their thoughts, rights, and freedoms.

Even if some of those very same thoughts, rights, and freedoms are oppressed.

Take care mentioning the Nazi's hunt for the Jews because Hitler hunted homosexuals as well.

Both were hunted and both were marked and then exterminated.

IBM and the Holocaust: The Strategic Alliance Between Nazi Germany and America's Most Powerful Corporation

Amazon Review :

Was IBM, "The Solutions Company," partly responsible for the Final Solution?

That's the question raised by Edwin Black's IBM and the Holocaust, the most controversial book on the subject since Daniel Jonah Goldhagen's Hitler's Willing Executioners.

Black, a son of Holocaust survivors, is less tendentiously simplistic than Goldhagen, but his thesis is no less provocative: he argues that IBM founder Thomas Watson deserved the Merit Cross (Germany's second-highest honor) awarded him by Hitler, his second-biggest customer on earth.

"IBM, primarily through its German subsidiary, made Hitler's program of Jewish destruction a technologic mission the company pursued with chilling success," writes Black.

"IBM had almost single-handedly brought modern warfare into the information age [and] virtually put the 'blitz' in the krieg."

The crucial technology was a precursor to the computer, the IBM Hollerith punch card machine, which Black glimpsed on exhibit at the U.S. Holocaust Museum, inspiring his five-year, top-secret book project.

The Hollerith was used to tabulate and alphabetize census data.

Black says the Hollerith and its punch card data ("hole 3 signified homosexual ... hole 8 designated a Jew") was indispensable in rounding up prisoners, keeping the trains fully packed and on time, tallying the deaths, and organizing the entire war effort.

Hitler's regime was fantastically, suicidally chaotic; could IBM have been the cause of its sole competence: mass-murdering civilians?

Better scholars than I must sift through and appraise Black's mountainous evidence, but clearly the assessment is overdue.

The moral argument turns on one question: How much did IBM New York know about IBM Germany's work, and when?

Black documents a scary game of brinksmanship orchestrated by IBM chief Watson, who walked a fine line between enraging U.S. officials and infuriating Hitler.

He shamefully delayed returning the Nazi medal until forced to--and when he did return it, the Nazis almost kicked IBM and its crucial machines out of Germany.

(Hitler was prone to self-defeating decisions, as demonstrated in How Hitler Could Have Won World War II.) Black has created a must-read work of history.

But it's also a fascinating business book examining the colliding influences of personality, morality, and cold strategic calculation.

--Tim Appelo

Underlined and Bolded by SKL

Don't Ask, Don't Tell aside, neither heterosexual nor homosexual needs to force their opinion on anyone.

Both sides need to sit down, shut up, and get over themselves.

The religious right-wing against homosexuality is just as ignorant as the left-wing supporting it.

Because both sides rarely realize this is a divide and conquer issue and it is being used.

By people in power to force people to pick sides in a stupid conflict just as racial hatred.
edit on 3/23/11 by SpartanKingLeonidas because: Adding Depth and Insight Into the Post.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
How and why, is it thegovernment's or any other 'agency' or 'bureau' has any standing to regulate human emotions or orientation- sexual or otherwise? Someone tell me how the human psyche is in any way a "government" issue. It's like when and if "The Government" says it's OK to think or feel a certain way, then that makes it right or wrong. Horsechit!!

When "government" leaves me alone, I'll leave "government" alone.
edit on 3/23/2011 by be4ne1 because: proper innuc.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I agree with you completely, nobody should care about somebody else's sexual preference but at the same time the people that choose to be that way should keep it to themselves.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join