It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by AmerikanDekline
reply to post by paratus
You know what else is kind of funny...the fact that the gay people aren't the ones bringing it up you guys are
So hush up about it!
Acceptance of homosexuality is following the same pattern as acceptance of race - it's gonna take a long time to stamp out the inequalities and fears, but generation by generation - YOU, the terrified few will get fewer and fewer until your as exinct as the dinosaurs and simply a footnote in history, an echo of a more primative time.
Originally posted by ollncasino
The problem isn't people being gay. The problem is that some homosexuals make such a big deal out of their homosexuality.
I'm hetrosexual and I don't demand attention because of that.
I think many people resent the demand for attention as if gays were special. They aren't. They are just gay.
Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by km1550
Originally posted by km1550
It's a shame this site has devolved to a refuge of intolerant, religious hate mongers.
What's worse is that the moderators tolerate the day after day onslaught of this nonsense .
The ATS staff isn't here to censor thoughts, opinions, or ideas. Our function is to facilitate and enable courteous discussion within the boundaries of the ATS Terms And Conditions Of Use. Contrary to much speculation regarding this issue - we are not thought police.
ATS Member and Moderator
16) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, libelous, defamatory, hateful, intolerant, bigoted and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.
Originally posted by Nonvexatious
reply to post by Helious
What you say isn't true. In fact in the past the State has seen fit to outlaw homosexuality even when engaged in, in private, behind closed doors. People were imprisoned and lost their jobs for being gay in private. People were executed for being gay in private. People killed themselves when they were exposed as gay, having tried to keep it private. People were murdered and raped for being gay in private. People were given chemical castration and electroshock treatment for being gay in private. Some of this is still going on in some parts of the world.
Originally posted by Becoming
reply to post by NoRegretsEver
I don't think he has a problem with the acutual discussion over equal rights. I believe his problem is the way some of them act in public. Alot of times it seems they are doing it for the shock value. Like the time a few gay people stormed inside the church during a service and a couple of women proceeded to give each other a nice big kiss on the altar.
I know most homosexuals are not like that, but like every group of people. Its the bad ones that makes the front pages.
Dear Dr. Laura:
Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate. I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the other specific laws and how to follow them:
1. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odour for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbours. They claim the odour is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?
2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?
3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness - Lev.15:19- 24. The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.
4. Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighbouring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?
5. I have a neighbour who insists on working on the Sabbath.. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?
6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination - Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?
7. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?
9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?
10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? - Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14) I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help.
Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.
Your devoted fan, Jim.
Originally posted by paratus
reply to post by SmedleyBurlap
If homosexuality were natural/normal either men would have a uterus, or women would have been removed from the foodchain by force long ago.
Heterosexuality is normal, to suggest otherwise is just foolish.