It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EMERGENCY! report from TWITTER - Nuclear power plant - attempts to save plant STOPPED

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Concerns of any kind of radioactive fall out coming over any area and what to do about it.
Here is some reports that give the pros and cons of using or taking Potassium Iodide.
Do the homework know what your doing, learn.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
0411: Shaun Bernie, from lobby group Greenpeace, tells the BBC that using plutonium as fuel increases the risk that something could go wrong because plutonium-fuelled plants operate at a higher level. He also says plutonium is far more dangerous if it's released into the environment.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
This guy is worried:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
0419: Possible fusion in two reactors - AFP, quoting government

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by shikori
0419: Possible fusion in two reactors - AFP, quoting government

This might sound dumb, but what exactly does this mean? Doesn't sound good..

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Daiichi Plant -- Nikki: 190 people may have been exposed to radiation

twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Confirmed partial meltdown at reactor 1.
Took the japanese officials a little too long

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
0426: Japanese government spokesman Yukio Edano says radioactive meltdowns may have occurred in two reactors at the plant - AFP

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Japan Meteorological Agency: 70% Chance Of More Than 7.0 Magnitude Quake Hitting Japan In Next 3 days

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
EDIT -- AFP: Fission seen in two reactors at Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant.
EMPHASIS ON SEEN! TSJHTF! Big Style!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Thanks for your help,it seems that every supplier does not have expidited shipping so I am going to have find it locally if I can. Good for you for being prepared already!!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
287 after shock tremors since the 8.9 hit Japan to date, ranging from 4.6 to 7.1, according to the USGS.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I've been sitting on RSOE all day monitoring the nuclear incident tab for changes. just noticed it has jumped up to full level with injuries, deaths and evac statistics.

RSEO- Nuclear event

170,000 evac.
15 injured
2 dead

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Separately, company documents show that Tokyo Electric tested the Fukushima plant to withstand a maximum seismic jolt lower than Friday's 8.9 earthquake. Tepco's last safety test of nuclear power plant Number 1—one that is currently in danger of meltdown—was done at a seismic magnitude the company considered the highest possible, but in fact turned out to be lower than Friday's quake.

The company said in the documents that 7.9 was the highest magnitude for which they tested the safety for their No. 1 and No. 2 nuclear power plants in Fukushima.

link

Those have to be damaged beyond repair............

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
Since this thread covers new breaking information, it has been re-opened.
edit on 12-3-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

Gee thanks for letting me know. Nice one.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawaii50th
287 after shock tremors since the 8.9 hit Japan to date, ranging from 4.6 to 7.1, according to the USGS.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

It was a 9.0

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
And I'm one that hates all the doomsayers and fear-mongerers... but here it goes...

Now is a good time to start educating yourselves for what would be the best way to react in the next couple of days in a worst case scenario. Not that it's gonna go worldwide (I certainly hope not) but it IS in the realm of possiblities... Always better to be prepared and healthy rather than sticking to the "oh-they're-jus-bein-paranoid" character of the movie and dead... And everyone will learn something and expand their knowledge, which by itself is always a good thing, even if in the end of the day the knowledge doesn't come in handy (HOPEFULLY .:
: )

Jus' sayin'...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Japan's top spokesman says govt working under assumption that may have been partial melting in Fukushima reactor #3.

NOT GOOD. reactor 3 is full of plutonium and uranium

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
www.spike.com...

A bit different than the scenario but the nuclear and the fallout are good to know for the paranoids like me out there.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Related info:

Cesium in the air = some kind of meltdown

Don't be scared.. be prepared.. seriously... I hope I am wrong, and I have to eat crow.. but im going off of ASAIN MSM REPORTS of meltdown .. linked below.. and now Michio Kaku AND BILL NYE THE SCIENCE GUY.. who they have brought on to discuss the "potential" meltdown, and the VERIFIED DETECTED CESIUM IN THE AIR... which means RODS HAVE MELTED!!!!

Below I have provided links to monitor the jet stream flow of the "radiation" cloud once it reaches altitude to move eastward towards the United states. below is the PROJECTED map making its way around the internet.. the only actual map I could find showing anything to expect. The reactor has blown .. radiation is detected, people have died and will get sick.. I don't know why CNN isn't reporting the meltdown that is being talked about via the below links over in Asia about 6 hours ago!!!

Links, links, and more links guys:

also, here is the "A is for Atom" - video for "children" all about "atoms" and "radiation" :

vimeo.com...

Projected LETHAL fallout radius:

www.examiner.com...

link to read about the "china syndrome" mentioned by Michio Kaku today on Fox news:

en.wikipedia.org...

link to asian story reporting meltdown...

english.kyodonews.jp...

BULLETIN: Gov't to order TEPCO to open Fukushima No. 1 reactor valve to release pressure
TOKYO, March 12, Kyodo

Japan's nuclear safety agency is set to issue an unprecedented order for Tokyo Electric Power Co. to open a valve at the troubled Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant to release pressure following a powerful earthquake, it said Saturday.

==Kyodo

UPDATE 1102 am CST 3/12/11

here is the tweet .. search it yourself! its real.. meltdown is occuring

*****(twitter@caribnews) NHK World: The owner of Fukushima 1 nuclear power plant has announced a meltdown is occurring at the plant*****

UPDATE 119pmCST:

english.kyodonews.jp...

BULLETIN: Gov't to order TEPCO to open Fukushima No. 1 reactor valve to release pressure
TOKYO, March 12, Kyodo

Japan's nuclear safety agency is set to issue an unprecedented order for Tokyo Electric Power Co. to open a valve at the troubled Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant to release pressure following a powerful earthquake, it said Saturday.

==Kyodo

this is horrible news.. for anyone downwind.. including the USA...

UPDATE 1102 am CST 3/12/11

*****(twitter@caribnews) NHK World: The owner of Fukushima 1 nuclear power plant has announced a meltdown is occurring at the plant*****

info on CURRENT USA radiation:

www.radiationnetwork.com...
info on nuclear fuel:

en.wikipedia.org...

description of the reactor event from a professional in the industry:

powertrends.blogspot.com...

monitor the weather , and more importantly the FLOW OF THE JET STREAM here:

www.stormsurfing.com...

squall.sfsu.edu...

www.wunderground.com...

www.weather.gov...

virga.sfsu.edu...

www.intellicast.com...

www.weather.com...

www.noaa.gov...

Office of Radiation Protection - Washington State Dept. of Health -

www.doh.wa.gov...&life.htm

Office of Radiation protection - Washington State Dept. of Health - Radiological Emergency Preparedness
www.doh.wa.gov...

"US Government 1950's - 'all about RADIOACTIVE fallout' - UPDATE 10pmCST - JAPAN - CESIUM IN AIR"

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join