It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EMERGENCY! report from TWITTER - Nuclear power plant - attempts to save plant STOPPED

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by dbriefed

Does this mean a full on meltdown? becuase reactor 1 was already in partial meltdown

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Okay guys... it's happening. A japanese official says that they believe the meltdown has happened.

Okay okay. Please PLEASE give straight facts here.

Who all is at risk from fallout. Should we really be panicking 5000 miles away in North America? What about China and Russia and everyone else much closer to Japan?

I really don't know much at all.... that's why I'm asking....

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
If the nuclear plants were to "go" as in explode, what exactly will happen? I have also heard that most of the plants are extremely close to each other, what will happen to them?
edit on 12-3-2011 by 1FutureMarine1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I'll be praying for this plant scenario to turn out well, i simply can't believe how sudden all these changes are right now

link   
reply to post by 1FutureMarine1

My guess is that it'll detonate every other reactor. Just a guess though

link   
reply to post by TheVyking

Yeah... I don't know how to explain that feeling. For myself I felt almost Ill,sorrow,and kinda dazey I guess, a lot of people I know as well as family members have said this as well.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by thedeadwalkk

Thanks for the link thedeadwalkk, much appreciated.

peace

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Who the f*** designed them so close to each other like that anyway? What type of common sense is it to do that, especially if one of them explodes? This has got hugely f***ed up now. If one explodes and it leads the others to going, we're looking at something that I don't even want to imagine.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
The British Crown is behind it. Their sources asked me to consider the effects of using nuclear weapons to cause tidal waves for destorying naval forces TWO WEEKS ago. I dont know why they are stopping recuing the plant, but it could be used to blame any detection of radation from bomb or some other kind of nuclear device on the radation caused by the plant. I thought the tidal wave was caused to blame someone for it, Im still waiting to see if it does turn out so.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hitoshura
Who the f*** designed them so close to each other like that anyway? What type of common sense is it to do that, especially if one of them explodes? This has got hugely f***ed up now. If one explodes and it leads the others to going, we're looking at something that I don't even want to imagine.

But will a melt down explode like a nuclear explosion? Or will it just leak an butt load of radiation?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Credit to "onthelookout" for posting this link in another thread. Its radiation monitor for US.

www.radiationnetwork.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Have been reading threads all day have been very concerned about a possible
meltdown - its seems official now. I feel stunned - I think of a lot to say about
how things are now but can't seem to find the right words or even questions
pertaining to it. It's all so surreal like, when will we all wake up from this
nightmare.

link   
reply to post by raistlinmajere8

Where is this being reported?

link   
reply to post by Novatrino

Oddlt the back of my head went numb. I felt drastically thirsty and couldn't stand...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Novatrino

news.blogs.cnn.com...

Coming from a chief cabinet secretary in Japan according to CNN.

Seen similar reports on all the other majors as well.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

But will a melt down explode like a nuclear explosion? Or will it just leak an butt load of radiation?

I think just a leak... someone correct me if I am wrong.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by thedeadwalkk

Thanks for the link - bookmarked!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TheVyking

This will most likely sound weird but it is almost as though I felt the emotional aspect while you felt the physical.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1FutureMarine1

It won't explode like a nuclear bomb if that's what you mean. But yeah, the amount of radiation it might send out, I just can't think about it. I just hope the winds stay away from Japan so that any fallout goes largely into the sea. If the wind turns in a different direction the Japanese/Chinese people are screwed.

Do any other facilities in Japan have so many reactors next to eachother like this one has? Really sorry if it offends anyone, but something is just starting to feel seriously off about this whole thing.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
www.stormsurfing.com...

For what it's worth and if anybody wants to listen, pay attention to what the after affects of these nuclear power stations we be. Where the radiation is headed once caught in the jet stream should be of great concern, what areas it will pass over. What can be done to protect your loved ones and yourself.

Danger Posed by Radioactivity in Japan Hard to Assess

Iodine-131 has a half-life of eight days and is quite dangerous to human health. If absorbed through contaminated food, especially milk and milk products, it will accumulate in the thyroid and cause cancer. Located near the base of the neck, the thyroid is a large endocrine gland that produces hormones that help control growth and metabolism. Dr. von Hippel of Princeton said the thyroid danger was gravest in children. “The thyroid is more sensitive to damage when the cells are dividing and the gland is growing,” he said. Fortunately, an easy form of protection is potassium iodide, a simple compound typically added to table salt to prevent goiter and a form of mental retardation caused by a dietary lack of iodine. If ingested promptly after a nuclear accident, potassium iodide, in concentrated form, can help reduce the dose of radiation to the thyroid and thus the risk of cancer. In the United States, the Nuclear Regulatory Commission recommends that people living within a 10-mile emergency planning zone around a nuclear plant have access to potassium iodide tablets.

www.nytimes.com...

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join