It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EMERGENCY! report from TWITTER - Nuclear power plant - attempts to save plant STOPPED

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I am posting this here for reference only. Source was NNK Worldwide.

Source: jibtv.com...

Image:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mirageofdeceit

Please post or U2U it to me

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
OH guys, FRom the BBC.

"-02:25am : The unsafe level of radioactivity at the Fukushima plant is being created by the plant's No 3 reactor, AFP says, quoting the Japanese government."
So apparently Plant 1 has exploded, Surely irradiating a huge area, making 3 impossible to get too withot serious rad damage instantly. Guy I joined today because I haven't slept since the eartquake hit. I haven't been scared. unitil now. Does anyone know what the relative mass of a Nuclear plant expoding is? Well add on the fact that if 1 blows the others will. that's 5 (?) cores all at once... I'm scared...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TheVyking

The mass is not as relevant as what is ejected. The worst-case is the entire core is ejected into the air. This is unlikely.

What is far more likely is a Chernobyl type incident, whereby there is an explosion followed by fire in the core. In the case of Chernobyl, less than 4% of the core mass was made airborne. The rest remained in the core.

They are closely monitoring the winds. There is definitely more that they are not saying at this time.

I have also not slept since this incident started. I am partially very interested in minute-by-minute, but also extremely concerned.
edit on 12-3-2011 by mirageofdeceit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by thorazineshuffle
Can they not cool it with liquid nitrogen?

no, it will just boil off.

here is a good link to Wikipedia's description and history of the power plant.......

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 12-3-2011 by arufon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
According to NNK Worldwide: In the three units causing concern, the coolant temperature is up from 30 degrees C to over 100 degrees C.

link   
Fukushima plant radiation at 882 micro sievert vs 500 allowable in 1 hour

Source: twitter.com...#!/AlBoeNEWS

link   
reply to post by AdonisDNA

Yeah..
.that whole Godzilla thing sucked @$$!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
NNK Worldwide: measurements at 0900 this morning were 1204 mSv. Peak was yesterday (Friday) of 1242 mSv.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
PATRIAL MELTDOWN POSSIBLY UNDERWAY AT 2nd reactor. NOT GOOD

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by thedeadwalkk

Source???

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I hope it does not meltdown but at the same time I am kinda waiting for it to happen (just a weird feeling I have been having since the day before the quake, did anyone else feel like that btw?). I have not seen any film of any agency even close to the facility. The area looks void of people although I have not seen any footage from the facility since the explosion occurred which I admit is odd. Except for the before and after photos. That part seems the most odd to me. They can show a photo but have not realtime footage? I hope I don't sound like a lunatic saying these things.

peace, Nova

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TheVyking

twitter.com...#!/AlBoeNEWS

japenese government official and this twitter page tweeted it

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by thedeadwalkk

Do you have a good source?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
This is so sad:

We're in an emergency, please help us

A meltdown may have occurred at at least one nuclear power reactor in Japan, the country's chief cabinet secretary, Yukio Edano, said Sunday.

He also said that authorities are concerned over the possibility of another meltdown at a second reactor.

"We do believe that there is a possibility that meltdown has occurred. It is inside the reactor. We can't see. However, we are assuming that a meltdown has occurred," he said of the No. 1 reactor at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear facility. "And with reactor No. 3, we are also assuming that the possibility of a meltdown as we carry out measures."

Edano's comments confirm an earlier report from an official with Japan's Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency, who said, "we see the possibility of a meltdown."

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I heard sky news say reactor 2 may currently be in meltdown. This is unconfirmed though.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Novatrino

see my post above your post. That twitter page is very very reliable. Good source IMO. everything they have reported so far has been accurate ( lets hope what they said about reactor 2 isnt)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Novatrino

I have a real gut feeling the whole world is going too hell... The West Midlands of England suffered rolling blackouts and car alarms were going off. I'm not sure why I felt this horror, but it won't go away I fear so much for Japan.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Newbomb Turk

Hi, I hear that due to the reduced level of "cooling water".To control the temp. of the "rods" they injected lots of sea water into the cooling towers to control and cool the reactor. If this TRUE Then, can you imagine the amount of corrosion and damage this would cause the rods and the centre core etc...Do you know if this is a fact..I would like to know!!!!!
JB

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Meltdown has occurred

news.blogs.cnn.com...

[9:54 p.m. ET, 11:54 a.m. Tokyo] A meltdown may have occurred at at least one nuclear power reactor in Japan, the country's chief cabinet secretary, Yukio Edano, said Sunday.

He also said that authorities are concerned over the possibility of another meltdown at a second reactor.

"We do believe that there is a possibility that meltdown has occurred. It is inside the reactor. We can't see. However, we are assuming that a meltdown has occurred," he said of the No. 1 reactor at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear facility. "And with reactor No. 3, we are also assuming that the possibility of a meltdown as we carry out measures."

Edano's comments confirm an earlier report from an official with Japan's Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency, who said, "we see the possibility of a meltdown."

A meltdown is a catastrophic failure of the reactor core, with a potential for widespread radiation release. However, Toshihiro Bannai, director of the agency's international affairs office, expressed confidence that efforts to control the crisis would be successful....

edit on 12-3-2011 by dbriefed because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join