It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EMERGENCY! report from TWITTER - Nuclear power plant - attempts to save plant STOPPED

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75
reply to post by badgerprints

Perhaps I should have been more clear.....I probably should have said 'Apparently we suffered no Ill effects from this massive cloud of radiation that should have, (by the logic of suggested by the thread poster) traveled all the way to the U.S. by way of the Jet Flow.

Hows that? You see I don't remember any post WW2 radiation sickness deaths on a massive scale in America....if you do then please share. My point being...if there was no tragedy (in America) from the NUKES we dropped in Japan back then.....then why should there be anything to worry about (again in America) from a tiny little Nuclear Meltdown? Seems like so much fear mongering, based on little science. I mean we have a perfect example of a much more extreme situation where nothing happened. Of course feel free to prove me wrong. If you can find statistics that show a massive increase of deaths or mystery illnesses in America at some point within a period of time....say any point from a day to a year after we bombed Japan then please let me know.

From the information I've heard thus far, the fallout from the reactors could reach as high as 100 times that of the bombs in Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Dude, nuclear technology has come a long, long way since 1945. Calling this a "tiny little Nuclear Meltdown" seems to indicate you haven't done much research over the past 24 hours. The pile of experts calling this a very serious issue is getting bigger and bigger by the hour.
edit on 13-3-2011 by JRCrowley because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by servumlibertatem
F** me... Partial meltdown:? Almost preganant? Either there is a meltdown or not.
Everything that is coming out of MSM at this point now is to prevent panic. We caught the containment blow on #1 on youtube, thank God.

No, the building blew its walls off, but the containment vessel the nuclear reactor is in was not compromised.

What happened is there was an explosive mixture of gases that formed above the reactor containment vessel. The resulting explosion blew the walls off the building but not the containment cover off the reactor.

Also, a full meltdown would be much more dramatic. There's little point calling it a full meltdown as if one happens (it's still possible) you'll have nothing left to call it.

A partial meltdown occurs when there is partial exposure (within the containment) of the fuel rods and the exposed rods melt. They are supposed to be covered by coolant at all times, but as you know, this hasn't been the case. Instead, the water pumps failed and the backups and as a result gases developed over the reactor. This includes hydrogen gas, which is explosive.
edit on 13-3-2011 by XtraTL because: typo

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Japanese tv news has just reported that a nuclear power plant in Onagawa has reported that higher levels of radiation have been detected. Not sure if it is leaking or not. This plant is not the Fukushima plant, but a different one- about 100 km away from Fukushima. It might be radiation detected from the leaking Fukushima plant. They aren't sure yet.

Seems it was damaged due to shaking, not a tsunami. They are currently shutting it down.
edit on 13-3-2011 by MedievalGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadwalkk
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

the radiation released from those 2 bombs is peanuts compared to the radiation that can be released from these reactors

can you please explain to me?? ive been curious about this..
im also in BC.. thinking about taking off to yellowknife in the next day or 2

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheVyking
Daiichi Plant -- Nikki: 190 people may have been exposed to radiation

twitter.com...

Latest just in. A total of 19 (NINETEEN) people have been exposed to radiation but are in no danger of adverse health effects. According to a nuclear expert this is likely traces of radioactive iodine measured on the clothing of those people.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by MedievalGhost

I saw the same report...did you happen to catch the levels detected? I missed that part
thanks

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
With the first hint of something going down, I went and checked out RSOE. I read there a comment that Japan is known to not correctly report the extent or exsistence of reactor problems. RSOE Japan Nuclear Power Plant Anyways, that comment is gone, I think? Can they remove info from there after the fact? Or is that still there but I am missing it?

And a couple of interesting bits of info from there.

Speaking at the White House, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton also said U.S. Air Force planes were carrying "some really important coolant" to the site, but administration officials later said she misspoke. The U.S. offered such help but the Japanese said they didn't need it, the officials said, speaking on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly on the matter.

Didn't need help? Hmmm.... Would rather keep secrets than get help perhaps?

A sixth reactor at the Fukushima nuclear power plants has lost its ability to cool the reactor core since the massive earthquake and ensuing tsunami struck Japan Friday, said Tokyo Electric Power Co.

This leads me to the earlier statement of japan that only 5 reactors were problematic. Now suddenly a sixth? Are we going to hear about more? From what I understand, Japan has over 50 reactors.
edit on 13-3-2011 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by okiecowboy

I saw the same report...did you happen to catch the levels detected? I missed that part
thanks

Hi. They said 21 Microsevert.
edit on 13-3-2011 by MedievalGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Government spokesperson on Japanese tv just stated that radiation levels are currently decreasing at Fukushima plant, but they say there is a high risk of another nitrogen explosion. Hope it doesn't expose the core if it does blow again.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by XtraTL

The radiation level peaked at 1557 microsieverts temporarily which is three times the level of a stomach x-ray. It's back now to well under 200 microsieverts, but is fluctuating. It was just above govt safety levels, but not dangerous to human health.

The core of the number 3 reactor became dangerously exposed earlier this morning as water and then seawater were pumped in. This caused a large amount of explosive hydrogen gas to form above the reactor. As there was a possibility of an explosion similar to that which happened at reactor #1 they took steps to vent the hydrogen, hopefully preventing an explosion there also.

The reactor #3 has almost certainly experienced a partial meltdown at the time of the exposure of the core (not enough water covering it) earlier this morning. The temperature has since been brought down and the core covered with water again.

edit on 13-3-2011 by XtraTL because: More info

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by MedievalGhost

thanks

Hi. They said 21 micro-something. Not sure of the translation.
Microsevert.

The spokesman was carefully crafting his language. Radiation exposure at a level comparable to 3 xrays. Core has warped, not exposed for long.

Usually the doctor doesn't leave the xray machine on. In my non-scientific view, a meltdown is a melthdown, and earlier reports said they can't get near the core to view the state.
edit on 13-3-2011 by dbriefed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbriefed

thanks

Microsevert.

Corrected. Thank you.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by XtraTL

Yup, that is what the prime Minister said in his report. But, I have a very strong gut feeling that he is lying. I am a good judge of people and he looked like he was lying big time, This may sound crazy to you now. But mark my words, he was lying.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Microsevert.

Corrected. Thank you.

Also spelled microsievert, named after Rolf Sievert.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

thanks

Microsevert.

The spokesman was carefully crafting his language. Radiation exposure at a level comparable to 3 xrays. Core has warped, not exposed for long.

Usually the doctor doesn't leave the xray machine on. In my non-scientific view, a meltdown is a melthdown, and earlier reports said they can't get near the core to view the state.

That's my guess, too. The radiation levels are too high to get close enough to make a correct evaluation of the situation.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
reply to post by XtraTL

Yup, that is what the prime Minister said in his report. But, I have a very strong gut feeling that he is lying. I am a good judge of people and he looked like he was lying big time, This may sound crazy to you now. But mark my words, he was lying.

Yeah, he was lying, so let's just make up whatever story we like and see if we can get people to believe that.

By the way, are you sure you weren't watching the same report as me, by Chief Cabinet Secretary Yukio Edano?
The Japanese Prime Minister is Naoto Kan.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

edit on 13-3-2011 by servumlibertatem because: failpost

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by XtraTL

Originally posted by elouina
reply to post by XtraTL

Yeah, he was lying, so let's just make up whatever story we like and see if we can get people to believe that.

By the way, are you sure you weren't watching the same report as me, by Chief Cabinet Secretary Yukio Edano?
The Japanese Prime Minister is Naoto Kan.

Please forgive me if listed the wrong person. It was just on CNN. And I wasn't really paying a whole lot of attention to who he was or what he was saying. Since I couldn't believe a word he was saying. What a liar! I could see it in both his face and his manorisms.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

thanks

Microsevert.

That's my guess, too. The radiation levels are too high to get close enough to make a correct evaluation of the situation.

A sievert is an equivalent dose. The dose is currently about 5000 times lower than what would cause nausea.

Moreover, despite the totally incorrect title of this thread, there are people working to bring the reactor under control. Getting close to the reactor is not an issue.

I'm giving up on this thread now. Every single post is just total rubbish.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by XtraTL

Originally posted by servumlibertatem
F** me... Partial meltdown:? Almost preganant? Either there is a meltdown or not.
Everything that is coming out of MSM at this point now is to prevent panic. We caught the containment blow on #1 on youtube, thank God.

No, the building blew its walls off, but the containment vessel the nuclear reactor is in was not compromised.

What happened is there was an explosive mixture of gases that formed above the reactor containment vessel. The resulting explosion blew the walls off the building but not the containment cover off the reactor.

Also, a full meltdown would be much more dramatic. There's little point calling it a full meltdown as if one happens (it's still possible) you'll have nothing left to call it.

A partial meltdown occurs when there is partial exposure (within the containment) of the fuel rods and the exposed rods melt. They are supposed to be covered by coolant at all times, but as you know, this hasn't been the case. Instead, the water pumps failed and the backups and as a result gases developed over the reactor. This includes hydrogen gas, which is explosive.
edit on 13-3-2011 by XtraTL because: typo

Yes, thanks for the Physics 101 lecture, most of which has been gleaned from the MSM.

Sorry bud, didn't mean to sound trite.

But your science is barely coherent enough to respond to...yes I now hoew a reactor works...can you tell me the reaction that causes H2 to develop 'over the reactor'?

Closed loop man...actually, double closed loop...and some of the heaviest designed spools known to man...tell me how H2 finds O2 in a double closed loop and blows top off?

OR tell me how sufficent pressure builds in a PRESSURE containment system sufficient to blow the lid off a building designed for it?

I'm curious what the design rating for that dome was

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join