It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EMERGENCY! report from TWITTER - Nuclear power plant - attempts to save plant STOPPED

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Oh no

May God be with all that has been, and will be affected by these current disasters around the globe....especially in Japan (and the Aussie's as they have had their own share of devastation)

EDIT: To add newest uploaded video

CONFIRMED ! Japan NUCLEAR REACTOR- RADIOACTIVE STEAM ON VIDEO - 3/11/11

EDIT #2: To provide additional sources and other related links

Asian - rods at nuclear reactor melting - CONFIRMED THE RODS ARE EXPOSED !!!! not good!

www.microsofttranslator.com...

Here is basic information on the Fukushima I Nuclear Power Plant
power plant:

en.wikipedia.org...

Edit #3: To add video #4 U.S. Nuclear Power Plants & Earthquakes considering that something as horrible as what is happening in Japan could very easily happen here

"United States Nuclear Power Plants & Earthquakes"

edit on 12-3-2011 by Newbomb Turk because: Added new video upload

edit on 12-3-2011 by Newbomb Turk because: Addition of additional source/info links

edit on 12-3-2011 by Newbomb Turk because: Added video #4 United States Nuclear Power Plants & Earthquakes

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
If your post holds any truth then God help the World, not just Japan.
Who knows which way the wind will blow, or, if a 'meltdown' will occur.

Thankfully many erroneous doom and gloom predictions and misinformation has come from Twitter over the last 24 plus hours (concerning Japan). Not that I want to discount your claim but I'd rather is was more disinformation, than truth.

peace to all

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
No offence op but I hope this thread is an epic fail and never comes to be true.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
My God. I hope this guys wrong. For those of you that believe in the power of prayer, get to it.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Newbomb Turk

Release from World Nuclear News:

Battle to Stabilise Earthquake Reactors
12 March 2011

www.world-nuclear-news.org...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I hope its wrong , Japan has had more than enough nuclear radiation and tragedy in our time

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
If your post holds any truth then God help the World, not just Japan.
Who knows which way the wind will blow, or, if a 'meltdown' will occur.

Straight for the west coast USA.

Hope they can either minimize the situation or contain it somehow,

Otherwise, a great deal of the west coast USA will be dealing with radiation from this... Likely within 36 hours of release, give or take a few.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I see lots of reports on twitter that the plant is in the process of "melting down"

Here is a tweet from Reuters

#Japan nuclear authorities say high possibility of meltdown at Fukushima Daiichi No. 1 reactor - Jiji

On a side note, the creator of Pokeman died in the Tsunami. Tip your 40

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel
No offence op but I hope this thread is an epic fail and never comes to be true.

No offense taken man...that makes two of us as I hope that I, and the youtube poster is wrong
Trying to find any additional sources to confirm this in an attempt to prove this false (also to simply verify....and no offense to the youtube poster as I do appreciate the fact that for the most part he is pretty good in getting breaking news posted up with a quickness, but do not particularly go for his Alex Jones / Steve Quayle style in getting said breaking news out). So all please keep that in mind and try to see this more as a POTENTIAL news story for now until we can confirm.....I just wanted to share what I myself just came across.

Thanks....let us pray.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Ummmm........what!!!???

PLEASE expand upon this. I have been trying to find info on this and what the possible ramifications are. I have absolutely NO IDEA how big this. If ONE does melt down, what does that mean? How far would the fallout be?

Are you saying the West Coast as in Washington State....how much of an impact....any linked info?

Thank you

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

The worlds natural air currents would suggest North America if the balloon bombs from ww2 are anything to go by.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Here's something new:

Japan Fears Nuclear Meltdown

Japanese nuclear authorities said that there was a high possibility that nuclear fuel rods at a reactor at Tokyo Electric Power's Daiichi plant may be melting or have melted, Jiji news agency reported on Saturday.

But it goes on to say:

"Even in the worst-case scenario, that would mean some radioactive leakage and equipment damage, but not an explosion. If venting is done carefully, there will be little leakage. Certainly not beyond the 3 km radius."

Certainly doesn't sound to me like anyone is 'stopping' the effort to regain control of the plant(s).

peace

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast

Ummmm........what!!!???

PLEASE expand upon this. I have been trying to find info on this and what the possible ramifications are. I have absolutely NO IDEA how big this. If ONE does melt down, what does that mean? How far would the fallout be?

Are you saying the West Coast as in Washington State....how much of an impact....any linked info?

Thank you

Just look up the jet stream winds... That will carry it exactly as I said.

Not rocket science.... Lets hope they can minimize or contain the release, if it gets into the prevailing winds and jet stream... well, it wont be good.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by manta78

Release from World Nuclear News:

Battle to Stabilise Earthquake Reactors
12 March 2011

www.world-nuclear-news.org...

Thanks for posting. I figured it wouldn't take long after posting it up on here to begin to shed more light on this very dire situation that is developing rapidly as we speak. And to the other poster who mentioned the West Coast as a whole needing to be concerned should this thing go boom big time.....
Let's hope that if anything this serves as a potential heads up for our fellow ATS'ers in that region

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Well I understand jet stream and realized any fall-out has the potential of being carried on the jet stream...but that is where all knoweldge stops.

I have absolutely NO idea about nuclear reactors. What a meltdown means in terms of damage/release/area affected.

I have no idea how much and what fall-out there would be and what the potential damage/risk would be.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Both Kyodo news and NHK world news have reports of cesium detection by the Japanese governments nuclear boffins - apparently this element is only around once a nuclear chain reaction has started, according to the articles. It's in their breaking news banners across the tops of the sites.

Links here:

NHK World English News

Kyodo News

I am just quoting what I've read - no idea if it's really happening yet.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Nice find OP. I hope this guy is wrong, but I fear he is not. I think this reactor is on its way to a full-blown meltdown.

I agree with the other poster who is asking for prayers.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Fox News (yeah, I know...I am skipping around) just had a News Alert at 1:04 a.m. EST on the screen that said: Meltdown Possible at Nuclear Power Plant. I apologize that I didn't get to hear what they said about it, but I figured I would add it to the thread.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zona

Nice find OP. I hope this guy is wrong, but I fear he is not. I think this reactor is on its way to a full-blown meltdown.

I agree with the other poster who is asking for prayers.

PLEASE...Does anyone know what a full-blown melt-down means?????? What would happen?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

I'm not psychic, there is no way for me to know, or to be able to predict how bad it will be, or how much radioactive particulates will be released.. That is an unknown... The post I responded to said who knows which way the wind will blow...and we do know that without a doubt... The winds, directions, speeds etc can be easily tracked and predicted.

How bad can it be?

I don't even want to imagine.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join