It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Silent Moments --In Memory of Beloved Member TDDA

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2024 @ 06:50 PM
link   

“For years on cold winter nights silent moments outside I have thought about how fragile we humans are, compared to the brutal cold awaiting us when not facing the sun.” -J_

Dear friend/sister this is for you. Grateful to ats for facilitating such a beautiful friendship otherwise impossible.

In an alternate universe destiny led both of us closer to the sun. Not Icarus close, a safe distance.

There, the dream you shared early spring two years ago is just now coming to fruition. Your landlords and partners are like family to []. (For this dream’s sake, the landlord never got sick and died. In this world there was no vaccine. Which of course means you, too, are going strong.)

Today you’re opening a jar of your apple jam and there’s bread baking in the oven. Food is not nearly as short as you’d anticipated, so all your efforts go to surplus rather than necessity. [] is out running the woods, shooting shriveled out of reach apples with the bow and arrow you’d made together.

Speaking of woods, those near your house thrive every place you’ve tread. The apple and walnut orchards are pruned and healthy. Your little one is following in your steps. The goddess Diana runs through you both.

For now the field is fallow. A few cattle graze the land unfettered. In the spring you and [] and your neighbors will pop seeds down into the earth and sprouts will shortly follow.

edit on 15-1-2024 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

edit on Wed Jan 17 2024 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2024 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

This is very nice! I will add. Today behind my house I had a silent moment. First two deer. Ten roared by after I took this photo. It was so silent I could not take another photo! 🥶

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: JJproductions

Wow, that's beautiful!

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Very good, zosimov! Melancholic, yet inspirational.

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 09:41 AM
link   

edit on 1/16/2024 by yeahright because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I barely speak English, I used a translator. The last time I came to the chat I was immediately attacked by strangers. [snipped] That's why this will be my only post here.

I'll keep it short. I came here to read her final thoughts, what has been bothering her the last few days, for closure. Then I saw your similar name and this title. Everyone deals with such pain differently, so I'll give you all the choices but won't press any further questions out of respect. You have the right to know what happened.

If I don't hear anything else, we'll stay like this:
- I'll send you the package. Unless you tell me no.
- If a package arrives from America, then I will hand it over to [].
- I can't guarantee you what the child's father will do with it.
- If you have any questions, ask me and I will answer them to the best of my ability, in private.
- If I don't hear anything else, I wish you and your family all the best for the future.
edit on Tue Jan 23 2024 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Naftalin

Everyone’s thoughts work different.

So sad! Life is beautiful! Life can hurt!
edit on 16-1-2024 by JJproductions because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 10:19 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 10:31 AM
link   

I just found out what happened. I can't believe she is gone.

She will be greatly missed.

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 10:36 AM
link   

I sent you an email. Thank you so much.

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

I'm deeply saddened, too... and lost for words.

💔😢

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

She loved this photo! 💔

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 02:38 PM
link   

It is a sad day on ATS, for sure.
💔😢
edit on Tue Jan 16 2024 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 03:13 PM
link   

edit on 1/16/2024 by yeahright because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 04:11 PM
link   

edit on Tue Jan 16 2024 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 07:01 AM
link   

edit on 1/17/2024 by yeahright because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Dear all,

Thank you for reading this and for the comments. I've been trying to think about what's right here; I know our friend was on the private side, and I also know that she was somewhat embarrassed when word got out at rogue that she was in the hospital and there was a thread about it and a banner (though she did like that banner
) [snip]
I also know she spent many hours in meaningful interaction with dear friends on here...I hope this lowkey tribute in a forum she loved is proper.

I wrote this OP for her when she was in the hospital, around the beginning of the year. I was still sure she'd make it but things seemed very serious, too.

That quote at the beginning is something she wrote in a chat on another site.
Here is a thread Ducky wrote in her first iteration here in which her beautiful soul shines right through:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

What I've learned from TDDA and the generous and courageous spirit she shared so freely will stay with me forever 🤍

Feel free to share memories here or to pm me with any questions.

edit on 17-1-2024 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

edit on Wed Jan 17 2024 by DontTreadOnMe because: per OP request

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Thanks for the added information, Zosimov. It's very sad that anyone would have wanted to cause harm to such a divine soul. May she now Rest in Peace. 🤍

We had much in common, especially our love of engineering, cars and racing. She was multi-talented and her art and writing skills highlighted her deeper side, far removed from her Teutonic origins and mechanical rationality.

There are so many stories I recall with great fondness, but I particularly enjoyed this one, made even more pleasurable by our subsequent conversations...

Initiator Of Deja-vu -SN2022- Writer

edit on 17/1/2024 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2024 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I enjoyed our conversations about high performance sports cars and hotrods, back when I was that other guy.
edit on 18-1-2024 by lilzazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2024 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Beautiful and intelligent young lady, devoted mother and one heck of a mechanic. She was always full of stories, humility and laughter even during rough times.

She will be deeply missed.

Godspeed, TDDA.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join