It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a muslim. I'm not violent/radical. Tell me I'm lying!

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I have read some of the Qu'ran,the reason being when so many threaten my life as an Infidel I feel I need to know my enemy,not because I don't like Muslim's but because the majority of the Muslim Faith seem's hell bent on converting me and those like me ao"ELSE".

That being said please explain these quote's from the Qu'ran,Surah 16:106,Surah 2:225,Surah 5:89 and my personal favorite Surah 3:28..................Thank you.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by Sky watcher

Jesus did'nt come to the Jews......

Jesus WAS born JEWISH

big difference my friend

the rest of your post is utter rubbish

Jesus could have been born Asian too, was he? Open your mind before its to late.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Sunni vs Shi'a

This is basically a beef derived from who the rightful heir to the "throne" was: Omar, or Imam Ali. It wasn't long after the death of the Prophet that they disassociated from each other. Some battles were fought between the "sunni" and the Ahlul Bayt or the Family of the Prophet. From that group came MORE sunnis, and some who broke further off and began to call themselves Shi'a, or supporters, referring to their support of Imam Ali. The split became so bad that Sunni and Shi'a began to follow different hadith and follow different scholars and completely alienated the other sect.

Sufi vs Salafi/Wahhabi sunni's

Long story short, those of us who practice Sufism hold those who came before us in high regard, specifically the family of the Prophet and the saints who have come and gone. Ibn Wahhab had the Saudi government work to destroy the tombs and grave sites that practitioners of islamic mysticism used to, and still frequent. They have alienated Sufi's and even tried to strip them of their title as muslims.

Those are the main schisms other than EVERY MUSLIM SECT vs the Ahmadiyya sect. lol

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

I can see why everyone would be against the Ahmadiyya sect.

It's kinda like Rapturists Christians here in the US who created the whole rapture BS in the mid 1800s. It still caught on with the Baptists thought.
edit on 6-3-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
I'm so so so sick and tired of people, ESPECIALLY on ATS with all of their "where are the moderate muslims" and "why don't peaceful muslims speak out against radical Islam", and when I'm right here in your face, and when I respond to your request for a voice, you tell me I'm LYING TO PROTECT MY FAITH! You don't want a muslim to speak out against radicals, you just want another muslim CO-SIGNING THEIR ACTIONS! I'm considering leaving ATS because for a community of open minded people, there are surely a LOT of close minded individuals here. And based on the amount of stars and flags THEY get I'd say the number keeps growing. I OPPOSE RADICALS OF ANY FAITH. I oppose violence, especially violence in the name of God. Now, lets see how many people say I'm lying...

PeaceLoveLight

I think the word is "Tehkia" or something like that.

" And when you cannot fight and overcome your enemies, make peace with them, live among them, prosper from them and eat their substance and grow strong in wealth and numbers, and when you have sufficient numbers make war with them and overcome them..."

I think you know the Sura

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

I'm so so so sick and tired of people, ESPECIALLY on ATS with all of their "where are the moderate muslims" and "why don't peaceful muslims speak out against radical Islam", and when I'm right here in your face, and when I respond to your request for a voice, you tell me I'm LYING TO PROTECT MY FAITH! You don't want a muslim to speak out against radicals, you just want another muslim CO-SIGNING THEIR ACTIONS! I'm considering leaving ATS because for a community of open minded people, there are surely a LOT of close minded individuals here. And based on the amount of stars and flags THEY get I'd say the number keeps growing.

Okay, I'll consider this. Yep, I'm thinking....
But ... (no that's not a good question)
What ... (nope, that's not a good question either)
Have ... (I'm sure you did so I won't ask that question)
You ... okay, my thinking is ...
Done?

I OPPOSE RADICALS OF ANY FAITH. I oppose violence, especially violence in the name of God. Now, lets see how many people say I'm lying
>snip

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

l have to disagree with you there schuyler. There are a lot of muslims speaking out against radical islamist, you obviously don't watch the same television stations that l do. Why do you think hillary clinton is saying that the US is losing the information war. Every day you have people talking out against the extremist moslems on Aljazeera, Press tv and RT today. Thats the main reason she wants them banned. lt doesn't suit the US agenda. too many people are finding out whats really going on and the powers that be don't want that do they. Peace starchild.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I have a question for the OP. This is specifically regarding Sharia finance. There was a lawsuit against Tim Geithner relating to the use of taxpayer funds to baillout AIG which is known to be "Sharia compliant". Does the OP think that Sharia finance should be incorporated into US law, and does the OP agree with using taxpayer funds to baillout a Sharia compliant firm?

And the same question to BlueMirage who thinks that some Sharia would be good. I would like to know which aspects of Sharia he/she would like to see here The seculars in this country already took prayer out of the schools. Would BlueMirage like to see prayer in schools? If so, which prayers?
edit on 6-3-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
There are basically two groups who support or buy into the "war on terror".

The first group is comprised of those who stand to benefit directly. There is the war for profit crowd. This includes expenditures in the trillions both internationally and domestically. There is also the crowd that supports izrael. For decades they have been desperately trying to make their war everyone else's war. They need others to fight their battles as they believe their blood is more precious than the blood of Gentiles.

The second group is comprised of the population which is easily programmable and lacks basic thinking or critical thinking skills. They buy into every (or almost every) government/establishment line from 9/11 to global warming.

You should realize that for all the establishment and media mantras and propaganda, there is a relatively large group of people who see through it.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I'm so so so sick and tired of people, ESPECIALLY on ATS with all of their "where are the moderate muslims" and "why don't peaceful muslims speak out against radical Islam", and when I'm right here in your face, and when I respond to your request for a voice, you tell me I'm LYING TO PROTECT MY FAITH! You don't want a muslim to speak out against radicals, you just want another muslim CO-SIGNING THEIR ACTIONS! I'm considering leaving ATS because for a community of open minded people, there are surely a LOT of close minded individuals here. And based on the amount of stars and flags THEY get I'd say the number keeps growing. I OPPOSE RADICALS OF ANY FAITH. I oppose violence, especially violence in the name of God. Now, lets see how many people say I'm lying...

PeaceLoveLight

Yes sir!, Whatever you say sir..
you don't seem to be the least bit angry or violent. I wonder where people get these ideas from? Just kidding, stick around man. Here, you just have to separate the weat fom the chaff and then ignore the rest. Terrorism only works if you heed the warnings and propaganda of the elites.....and what you're dealing with only works if you heed the idiocy of the masses......as a result, of course, of them listening to the propaganda. I, for one, am a Christian and I welcome my Muslim brothers all over the world. I know you are no terrorist and I know most Muslims are peace loving people and I know that we Americans are the agressors in the Muslim countries, because I have done my homework and have not bought into the lies of the elitists.That being said, stick around, and when you come to a post about anti-muslim sentiments......just flip over it and realize, whomever it is, is a casulty of the elitists propaganda machine and are just a little more ignorant than you and I. Take care bro, not everyone thinks the way the masses do.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
SF sorry my friend for those closed minded members such as TATOODRAGON who attacked me for defending those non extremeist muslims around the world. I currently practice no paticular religion but respect those who practice there faith in a nonradical manner. When the revolt in Egypt started I seen in a thread too many people stating that it will never change as long as muslims are in power bla bla bla. What many of these members do not realize is that they're view makes no since at all. Around the middle east right now christians, muslims, and jews are revolting together for change and I am sure that it is not for change to Sharia Law. Most of the people protesting are young and in touch with humanity. So don't worry my friend when democracy floods the middle east the people will be free and be able to over power those extreme fanatics and the world will become hopefully one great place dreamed of by many since the beginning of time.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Is this a BAWW thread?

Go ahead and leave OP, there are various viewpoints in this world, and everyone has the right to have them. I know several muslims, and they go through the same crap day in and out, but I don't hear them complaining about it.

Honestly, does everything have to be politically correct these days? - When did people become so fragile?

Can't say anything without offending one group or another.

Originally posted by cbaskins
What many of these members do not realize is that they're view makes no since at all. Around the middle east right now christians, muslims, and jews are revolting together for change and I am sure that it is not for change to Sharia Law. Most of the people protesting are young and in touch with humanity.

Naive. In Egypt, since the revolt, there have been several incidents of Muslims attacking Christians - including the military. The Muslim Brotherhood has pulled the wool over the public in thinking they are some helpful organization - they harbour several extremists in their leadership - and many fear their power will grow in Egypt.
edit on 6-3-2011 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

PeaceLoveLight

Hi

Peace love and light back to you.

Although our wishes towards each other are the same, there is a fundamental difference between us, You initially state 'I am a Muslin'. I never state my religion because its influence is purely on the inside of who I am, not something that has to be stated in the public domain.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

You cannot judge a person by the color of their skin, by their nationality or their religion.
You cannot broad stroke judgment upon a group of people because of the actions of a few.
If you tell me you are non-violent I will believe you since I have no reason not to.
People who are violent revel in it, and they do not generally profess otherwise.

Christians have more than their fair share of skeletons in the closet.
People are individuals and so I detest the "collateral damage" (ie MURDER) of innocent civilians in a foreign country during times of war.
I don't understand how it is rationalized by anyone AT ALL.
I do not think "because they live near the enemy they ARE the enemy." I think this "casualty" might have been a little girl who liked dolls and a little boy who loved to play with dump trucks, or a mother who loved her children and not a "demon seed of another religion."

Anyone who lumps all people of a certain religion together as if they are all the same is an ignoramus. Most people know that and will agree. Unfortunately those people are not on ATS. They are not easily spooked as the ATS membership is. A jumpy and conspiratorial lot- always looking behind for someone following them. I have to laugh. Sometimes someone is following them. Looking to lock them up for their own safety...lol

The concept of tolerance and religious freedoms is one of the basic tenants of our democracy. It is one of the legs of a three legged stool. Without it our democracy falls down.

When someone responds simply and ignorantly like for example your first response from Skate - ya dig? - ignore them. Idiots are everywhere.
Many people are simply checker players and the game of chess would fry their tiny brains.

By that I mean they may be good providers, husbands and workers but any kind of reasoning or deduction past the most obvious is a waste of their time.
The longer term effects and consequences of actions taken today - completely and totally lost on them. Primary considerations are sex, food and sleep
They see only what is directly in front of their face and take that at face value. Never is there a deeper meaning, an underlying subtext or a considered thought.
These "type" folks would rather skip the work involved in self educating. They gain information through osmosis. Hearing the same things repeated over and over - eventually it takes root in their soft malleable brains. They simply repeat what they have heard. Like tape recorders.

Take no offense.
Care only what thinking people have to say.
Never listen to idiots. This is a good general rule for any of us, at any time.

edit on 6-3-2011 by rusethorcain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

As an Ameican, I wanted to comment on your question.

Where does one go to find out if a firm is "Sharia compliant"?

Nothing should be incorporated into US "law". We already have a Constitution.

None of the banks or financial firms should have been bailed out. If a firm wants to create a product and market it to specific groups they have that right and actually do it quite often.

Since there is a separation between Church and State, school sponsored prayer would not be allowed in public schools which are funded by tax payer liabilities. However, if a group wants to privately fund a school and have prayer, thats a choice that they do have: Catholic Schools, Friends Schools etc.

That having been said, the debt, interest based, fiat currency, central banking scheme has ruined entire nations. There is a lot of talk about reforming this system. It would seem to me that the banksters are very worried about Muslims because they do not believe in interest which is the back bone of the debt based scheme. If this idea were to catch on, it could mean the end of the banksters and their decades of rule.

edit on 6-3-2011 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
reply to post by Wolfenz

Every incident you post is true, but this muslim proclaims himself opposed to the radical teachings. Until shown otherwise, I shall take him at his word. Can't you do the same?
If every time a muslim does come out in opposition to the radicals we call him a liar, how shall we ever get other moderates to speak up?

edit on 6-3-2011 by sonofliberty1776 because: (no reason given)

OK now if ATS Member My mind is mine was at the place that is their holiest

you know the place that has the
big black Curtain covering a Box Like structure that is supposedly to be the Once Home of Abraham
you know Mecca !

If I Stood by and Shouted Out some Blasphemy with a Horn in front of these Fundamentalist

What would Happen to me ?

what if i did the same thing in Iran !

Would This ATS Member My mind is mine Defend me !
I would not think so ... IMO

Even Children with this religion is in the Middle east are being treated as Adults a Capitol Punishment to the Highest Degree there is Article's to Smuggled Videos that can prove that

Even here in America there was a Man an Immigrant if thats what you want to call him that Ran his Daughter Over with a Car Just because She wanted to dress like the other Kids in the public School she Attended

These same type of Muslim's want to change Our American Public Schools !

True I dont not know the Lifestyle of this Member of ATS
Unless this Person is a Member of Black Nation of Islam in which is way different than the Traditional Muslim

Im Not saying that all Islamic Religion is bad but you should not go by the Koran word for Word Either

Christians have branched off their religions from the Help from Martin Luther!
in which we know now know as Protestant Lutheran, Episcopalian, Baptist, Methodist etc..
That All came from the Catholic religion .. Even the Catholic Religion Lighten them selves from the Strict Rules the have had in the Past the Same with Judaism ... Especially in the PAST from the Talmud
of the Treatment of Gentiles ( the Non Jews)

I think there is only 2 majority known Branches of the Islamic faith Sunni & Shi Ites
The 2 others the lesser known Nation of Islam and Sufis

I would hope there can be another .Branch .. with out the Strict Punishment and the 2nd class citizens Concealment of the Woman of the Muslim Faith ...

My mind is Mind can speak up He should be questioned about his religion of all the case scenarios !

What about this What about that ... Can you decipher & Compare this !

Well He can Speak right if he wants to be challenged more lsee he is asking to be with the Title Thread statement He/She should be asked those Questions A Roast Drilling

Title of this Thread is ! ????

I'm a muslim. I'm not violent/radical. Tell me I'm lying!

edit on 6-3-2011 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Lynda101

You make a good point Lynda but at the same time people should never feel a need to hide or conceal who they are or what religion they may be for fear of retaliation. I mean... in a free country anyway.

link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Gladtobehere, I totally agree with you. This is why I asked the questions. I also did not agree with the baillouts. I am big on the Constitution. In Britain, they are beginning to have judicial rulings involving Sharia law.
Here is an article on this case, where the Constitutionality of the AIG baillout was challenged.

biggovernment.com... unds-investigate-the-illegal-trust/

Here's another one that addresses the taxpayer baillout more specifically, although a short article
www.onenewsnow.com...
Geithner is part of the bankster scheme with the full backing of Goldman Sachs, who also enjoyed a nice baillout with huge bonuses. I personally believe that the banksters are on board with it in a very corrupt way.

link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Religion, money and resources or just extreme ideology in general.
edit on 6/3/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

What are you saying?
Is it me or are you simply being unclear?
I have no idea what you are talking about.
Not that I should care. It isn't my thread.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join