It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a muslim. I'm not violent/radical. Tell me I'm lying!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

My edit from the post you replied to:

"My guess is you're expecting me to post entire Chapters. Posting the entire Chapter of The Cow or Smoke is ridiculous and unnecessary. The Suras I posted are complete."

As for what you call inconsistencies I said back in the early pages of the thread, sharia law was never mentioned in the quran. Commandments such as fasting, praying, and charity are not considered sharia they are considered requirements of faith. Sharia is a form of governance derived mostly from the sunnah of the Prophet which has been twisted shaken and turned countless times throughout history, which is why it's not solid. Why should I follow sharia, which is the alleged laws of God in governing the land when I've read the Qur'an numerous times and have never read anything about sharia. As you claim to as well, I'm 100% sure you never read anything about sharia.

I'll address this in two parts:

Part one:
Is it not true that the Hadith illuminates the Koran? If Allah makes a command in the Koran is it not Law?

Part two:

You do not have to follow Shari'a. But to ignore Shari'a makes you a Hypocrite in the definition of the Koranic text. Meaning that "true believers" would consider you as bad or worse than a non believer.

I've read plenty, thank you.

edit on 6-3-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

lol yea I realized after the fact. Edited =)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

A surah and a chapter are the same thing. So no, you've posted complete Ayahs, but not complete Surahs...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

A surah and a chapter are the same thing. So no, you've posted complete Ayahs, but not complete Surahs...

Oops. Wrong term. I accept the correction.

See edit.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
why do some of you keep dictating sura's? The Qu'ran can not be converted to properly English

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Because we can't post in Arabic on ATS.

Why try to shut down debate with something that can't be helped?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Hadith are a shaky ground as they are quotes upon quotes upon quotes, as stated, I like to stick to the basics for 98% of my life. Allah says pray, then yes I learn to pray from hadith. But other thing that are just quotes and that aren't related to Qur'an, I tend to leave alone.

And how does that make me a hypcrite according to Qur'an when for the 534th time, SHARIA ISN'T MENTIONED IN THE QUR'AN!! That like saying according to Qur'an I'm not allowed to drive a Cadillac. Cadillacs aren't mentioned in the Qur'an!!

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Sharia Law is in Arabian culture.......both Arabs and Hebrews (of ancient times) obeyed these laws to some degree

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Is Shari'a NOT derived from the Koran and Iluminated by the Hadith? When the Koran says (Sura 4:1-2)

"O mankind! reverence your Guardian-Lord, who created you from a single person, created, of like nature, His mate, and from them twain scattered like seeds countless men and women;- reverence Allah, through whom ye demand your mutual rights, and reverence the wombs That bore you: for Allah ever watches over you.

To orphans restore their property When they reach their age, nor substitute your worthless things for their good ones; and devour not their substance (by mixing it up) with your own. For this is indeed a great sin."

Is this not Law defined under Allah? Is this not Shari'a?
Shari'a Defined-Princeton University Glossary

Noun S: (n) shariah, shariah law, sharia, sharia law, Islamic law (the code of law derived from the Koran and from the teachings and example of Mohammed) "sharia is only applicable to Muslims"; "under Islamic law there is no separation of church and state"

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

My friend......

Sharia Law goes back to ancient times, long before Islam

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Yeah, but we're talking about Islam now ok?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Hence the fact that it's based off hadith of the Prophet and his companions. They practiced the faith as Arabs would. I can't take their method of practicing in full because I'm not an Arab in the 5th century, I'm an American in the 21st century. The sooner other muslims understand that the sooner we will start to see the problem fall off. My wife doesn't wear a burqa, she just wears a hijab and covers her hair, and her clothes aren't skin tight. The method of implementation in the 5th century, was a burqa and as you see some muslims are still stuck there.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

that still doesn't answer my question dude.

your preaching to me like I dont know anything. whats your agenda? are you a bot?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

The ancient Hebrew women were the first to cover themselves.....

even the Ultra orthodox Jewish women still wear scarves (or wigs) and long skirts & long sleeved shirts

I think some members are taking the mickey out of you
but they forget my people's old ways too

even in the middle ages of Europe and england the women wore covered head dresses and women right up until the 1960s wore scarves or hats.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Umm, no sir that's not sharia law because it's not a LAW it's a command from God. Sharia, as we can see today, is about political rule and governing people based off of the practice of ancient Arabs. Now it MAY have been something that came in the light of the Qur'an in earlier times, but now, it has been twisted and holds no weight, so why would any muslim in their right mind want to follow something that was altered by a few average Joe's who want to own oil fields in Saudi Arabia?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

No, you are intentionally targeting a Muslim for his beliefs, customs and culture......which is not a whole lot different to mine......

and was'nt that much different to yours if you look in your past history!!!

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

I was not targeting anybody.

Who was I targeting?

Quote what I said that targeted anyone.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Exactly, it was and even today still is done by women of all Abrahamic faiths. The method is definitely different and it does vary by region. And although I think a burqa is ugly I won't knock them, because that's their way. I believe God rewards good intentions that don't fall outside of the limits which He has set.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

My apologies......was meant for Project.....

gawddd, I really need my reading glasses

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ellen15

Originally posted by Sky watcher
If you could read the book that was written before yours you would see that Jesus is a human form of God sent to us on earth because Humans can not look at God in his normal form. His face is as bright as the sun.

What year was the Bible written?

What year was the Quran written?

The bible is over 10,000 years old, that is backed by tons of scientist. We are of course talking about the Dead sea scrolls and other books that have been found to make up what is the book of the bible. The Dead Sea Scrolls proves that a bible was made that long ago and that only Gods word can survive that long. The Quran was written long after Jesus walked on earth when the Bible FORETOLD his coming and YOU all still don't believe it.

Jesus is GOD!!!!!!

Jesus came to the Jews and Arabs born a Jew for a reason. Neither of you believed he is the one true Messiah so he has made you all fight for ever to teach you all a Lesson. We are all Gods in his eye but Never ever worship any other God but him unless you like hell.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join