It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a muslim. I'm not violent/radical. Tell me I'm lying!

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Dear OP,

This site is all freedom, and the freedom to speak out.

It attracts all kind of people, contributing and sharing words of truth, beauty and inspiration that cannot be from a mortal, to the insane, hatefill rage rants, utter stupidities that are starkly inhuman, as if from an undiscovered subspecies of humanity.

All kinds, but with fullest freedom to express themselves. But it does not mean that what is said is accepted. Trinklets such as flags and stars are no evidence of agreement for it is so easy to fake, and so are supposedly supportive posts, for it is not difficult to come in with another nick. Thus, do not be fooled into anger.

Speak your mind, freely and without fear, just as others will do so.

Then step back, and reply only if you wish to, for you owe nothing to anyone. We are all annonymous here. There is no way we can change minds, or attempt to do so, for each that comes here, come with a mind of their own, and will never readily accept anything that challenges their long held perceptions.

Best you can hope for, is consideration for your thoughts. There are many silent readers here, and not just those who post in a thread are the readers alone. There are those whom may think over what you had said given time, and through them change may come.

Thus, never be brought down by brickbats from other posters, for you cannot change their perceptions, good or bad, or respond in kind that baits you, to change topic or cast you in a lesser light.

Speak, stand your ground, but be prepared to change if the logic, facts and reasons are far superior than your own held notions. Better to live with the pain of truth and change than to continue on with the regressive path of delusions...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by dellbboytrotter

Damn dude, I'm critical of Islam, but that's just mean spirited and discriminatory .

Perhaps addressing what bothers you about Islam in a stern but respectful way would be better than what you're doing now.

Yes, many nations and peoples have issues with Islam and Shari'a, but that is not to say that every Muslim on the planet is out to kill you.

edit on 6-3-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Friend, your pleas are falling on deaf ears. Those who would support you already do. The polarization is pretty much complete and people are choosing to either evolve, or stay in their pre-built worlds forged by mainstream media, corporate propaganda, and political discord. Some people need the fear of the Muslim to give meaning to their shallow existences. Some people need to fear the Russian because they are still stuck in a time warp. Some need to fear their own shadows because conventional fear no longer, after years of addiction, feeds the mind's ever growing chemical dependency on its choice of consumption.

They want and need an external enemy because it keeps them focused on something besides their own emptiness. The attributes of fear and hate are utilized by very young and inexperienced souls, and you have to understand that they are your brothers and sisters regardless. Think about it, if you were a chimpanzee in your previous life and was shoved into the more superior brain of a human, you would probably be quite barbaric considering the fact that you haven't yet learned to use your mind to its fullest capabilities.

With the extinction of so many species on planet earth, it only makes sense that they are recycling into the most dominant species as a means of evolutionary survival. It may seem far-fetched to you now, but, if you consider it at the most basic and cellular level, it begins to make the "most logical sense" on a spiritual, biological, and evolutionary plane.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Thank you for posting. I would like to ask you do not leave ATS.
I am not Muslim, I am not christian, I am not of any faith that exists. I am truth. The following is a post that I posted on my Facebook not too long ago (edited slightly), I feel it will contribute to your post....

First, I want to say that I am the first to admit that EVERYTHING I say could be wrong. These are my understandings.

I'm sure many Christians, Muslims and Jewish people will fully and completely disagree with me here. That being said, I have also spoken with, and heard lectures from, Christian, Jewish, and Muslim humans who DO agree with some, or all of what I am about to say.

In the book of John, (I think...I'm not a scriptures master) Jesus prophecies another prophet after him....one who will not perform miracles, but will speak the truth.
Now, I'll admit that some will not like what I'm about to say... I don't think there is much of a difference between Christianity and Muslim. The major difference (and I know it is considered a BIG one to some) is that Christians believe Jesus died on the cross, while Muslims believe he was taken down, still alive.(again I point out my note that I might be wrong. : )
Other than that, both Christians and Muslims believe in one God, the God of Moses, the God of Abraham, of Noah. Like Christians do not know God's TRUE name (Jehovah is not a name, it is a characteristic....describing an explosive burst of energy) Muslim's do not claim to Know God's true name. They call God by many characteristics (Like Christians do...the Alpha and Omega for example.) Allah is not God's name, Allah, by definition, means God. So when someone says "praise Allah", they are saying "praise God"....not giving him a name.
Christians know the antichrist will rise, Muslims know the dajjal will rise. And there are many more similarities.

In our world today, nothing is as it seems. What is thought to be good is really evil and what is thought to be evil is really good. (IE/ the monetary system is illegal (the bible says no usury (interest), the Quran says no Reba (interest), yet our money system is nothing but interest debt.
Governments are corrupt, pharmacy is corrupt, food is corrupted, air is F%$D up....sadly, this list goes on. I believe that the book of Revelations states that in the days of the antichrist, nothing will be as it seems....I know it says so in the Quran about the days of the Dajjal.

My belief? There is and has been a MASSIVE, centuries old, divide and conquer plan in effect , orchestrated by the devil, to keep people apart. Not just between Muslims and Christians, but between ALL of humanity. Racism, sexism, all of that. Even Israel and Islam have been victim of divide and conquer. Jewish people are not evil, they believe in the God of Moses too. They don't believe Jesus was the son of God as Prophesied..
But I think All will agree on the messages of Love that Jesus Spoke of.
There are individuals of ALL religions, ALL races, ALL people who are evil. Some would call them Zionist. But not all Jews are Zionist and, in fact, most Zionists are NOT Jews.

I believe that God is love, and God's love is everywhere, in every single atom of creation. Love is loving, forgiving, compassionate, understanding.
In this world, which has been turned upside down into a massive ball of confusion, a loving, compassionate, understanding God will look in the heart of the individual. If the individual is/ was honestly loving towards ALL of creation, and if the individual strived to always do what was right and to always understand the truth, and to stand up for good....well...God would understand if that individual was confused about what religion was right, or wrong. God knows about ALL the misinformation in the world, and God knows each man's heart.
I believe that if a man shunned every religion out there, and just loved God, the one and only creator, he will do what is right in God's eyes.
As well, the masses are under a highly technological and propaganda chemical mind control. They are indoctrinated to believe the media, to believe and go along with the lies. God knows if a person is so mind controlled that they are truly not making their own choices. I believe God will forgive those who are acting not of their own will, but as they've been programmed.
Again, I'd like to reiterate, I may be 100% wrong. But a fair question to ask oneself.... If you believe that 911 WAS an inside job, and not an act of terrorism...why blame Muslims? (If one doesn't believe 911 was an inside job, they may wish to revisit some of the evidence available. I believe 911 was a satanic ritual myself...)

I hope I have offended None. basically, my belief is that ALL are 100% equal in God's eyes.....but he looks ONLY at an individuals heart, their intentions towards Love.

That being said, i think it's important you do not leave ATS. Although I am not Muslim, I too am tired of the ignorant and unresearched public opinion of Muslims. I am frankly surprised that members of ATS would be so close minded and dumbed down. Like I said, I am searching the truth. If ATS members are doing the same, they need to learn how to believe nothing except what they learn on their own.
Thanks you again for the post.
Peace and one love.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Don't worry about closed minded buffoons that wouldn't know the difference between a Muslim and a Hindu. Closed minded people who are so stuck on themselves that they can't even open there eyes to anything outside of there view are the problem in this world.

I for one respect you and your religion and I have no clouded visions of what a Muslim is. There is no difference between terrorist scum and Westboro baptists/kkk scum. They are all the same using religion as a shield to hide behind and justify there actions.

The world always has been and always will be a closed minded. This is why if there really is a NWO it will win because the human race is to busy worrying about what there next door neighbors are up to, to take the time to look in there own front yards.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I would also like to say to the OP, do NOT leave ATS just because some of us, myself included, are critical of Islam(Some present company EXCLUDED). We are all here to learn and debate. Leaving doesn't help facilitate that. I'd rather you stay and argue with me.

edit on 6-3-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by Wolfenz

I'd love for you to find where this guy beheading his wife has anything to do with his faith, not from HIM, but from islam itself. All that stoning, beheading, beating, and whatever else is cultural and is something that is so alien to me as an American from Baltimore, MD. The worst beatings I've ever seen is what I got when I talked back to my mother.

What??? have you read of what i posted the links to the those Article's

The Man, Made a Muslin TV Channel to Show People that Muslims are not what people thought of in the Western World ! Then he does this ! (Mercy Killing) all Because of his religion ! Beheading his Wife ! Just because She wanted to Be Americanized ! and have a Divorce!

if you have read what i posted and WATCH that VIDEO CLIP ! of this Trials ! where he talks about his Religion Involvement and VS other Religion and His Lawyers are even trying to get him off the Hook for the Sake of this Religion ! claiming he was in the Right ! Yet as you are American You cant see this is Wrong!!!

What does that Tell the Member's on this Forum

Here let me put the these Videos on this Thread

Mo Hassan beheading trial: Day 1
!

Mo Hassan beheading trial: Day 2

To me it sounds like a Mercy Killing / Honor Killing if it wasn't why the Beheading ! ?

Muzzammil Hassan
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

Possibility of 'honor killing' mulled in Orchard Park slaying
www.buffalonews.com...

Muslim TV mogul Muzzammil Hassan's alleged beheading of wife, Aasiya Hassan, may be 'honor killing'
BY FRED O. WILLIAMS
THE BUFFALO NEWS
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
articles.nydailynews.com...

(PHAUX NEWS)
Beheading in New York Appears to Be Honor Killing, Experts Say

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

CBS New York ( honor Killing )
newyork.cbslocal.com...

(MSNBC)
Exec of Muslim TV station found guilty of beheading wife
Couple opened studio to counter negative stereotypes
www.msnbc.msn.com...

From the start, his lawyers dismissed suggestions that culture played a role in the crime. Immediately after Aasiya Hassan's death, the manner in which she died prompted speculation her death was an honor killing. The practice is still accepted among some fanatical Muslim men, including in the couple's native Pakistan, who feel betrayed by their wives.

Well the News Media Assumes it was a Honor Killing !
edit on 6-3-2011 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by projectvxn

Give it a break will you!

Jeezes

Just accept that we are all different and thats what makes life interesting

I hate to say this but when I look at how sick our Western society is today in 2011; makes me think that perhaps some aspects of Sharia Law would'nt be a bad thing to have in our judicial system thats already broken down.

What is that noise I hear? Is it someone yelling "BINGO!!"

Why I think it is - "Shut up you western devil, I think we should actually have some sharia in our society!!"

What first? Cut the hands off thieves? Whip women for showing skin? Beat a man with a beard not of proper length?

Bad news no-one, he might be hiding something!!..

oO

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
I'm so so so sick and tired of people, ESPECIALLY on ATS with all of their "where are the moderate muslims" and "why don't peaceful muslims speak out against radical Islam", and when I'm right here in your face, and when I respond to your request for a voice, you tell me I'm LYING TO PROTECT MY FAITH! You don't want a muslim to speak out against radicals, you just want another muslim CO-SIGNING THEIR ACTIONS! I'm considering leaving ATS because for a community of open minded people, there are surely a LOT of close minded individuals here. And based on the amount of stars and flags THEY get I'd say the number keeps growing. I OPPOSE RADICALS OF ANY FAITH. I oppose violence, especially violence in the name of God. Now, lets see how many people say I'm lying...

PeaceLoveLight

Even so, but you still think your "holier" than everyone else, and that gets up my nose. Not to mention that in the eyes of god we are all created equal. And flouncing about in a funny hat, telling everyone else how to live, because you still beleave that your "holier" than everyone else, gets up Gods nose too.

Many thanks,

The oldest being in creation.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I was just thinking about this issue the other day, and whereas I believe you, of course, being not an idiot and all, but I'm afraid we're just gonna have to lump you all in together. See, if we do that, then we have the right to lump all the Christians together with the Westboro bunch. In my opinion that's a win for the country. Just pray in private, we won't tell anyone.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf

Jeezes

I hate to say this but when I look at how sick our Western society is today in 2011; makes me think that perhaps some aspects of Sharia Law would'nt be a bad thing to have in our judicial system thats already broken down.

Why I think it is - "Shut up you western devil, I think we should actually have some sharia in our society!!"

What first? Cut the hands off thieves? Whip women for showing skin? Beat a man with a beard not of proper length?

oO

And you know what? She expressly suggests it be instituted in our judicial system....tres interessants, non?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain
reply to post by Wolfenz

What are you saying?
Is it me or are you simply being unclear?
I have no idea what you are talking about.
Not that I should care. It isn't my thread.

what part ! are you implying

Im talking about was the reference to a What if? Situation and to what the Op My Mind is Mine would do if He/ or She was in the same situation
And if The OP would of done the same as Mo Hassan (Beheading his wife) or Nidal Malik Hasan ( the Fort Hood Shootings) and the things that the Western World is against/disagreement of My mind is Mine Islamic Religion The Strict Teaching of Punishment !

That what im talking about !

As both of the 2 Murdered because of their Religious faith ! and they were AMERICANS!!
One was Born In America the other became a American Citizen that came from Pakistan at the Age of 17

But I apologize for my Grammer as i tend to miss a few words out
Especially the Letter S and those 2 letter Words or left words in when i change the wording ..

I might as well of been written in a Vowel less Language like Old Original Hebrew then you would of been really confused !

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain
reply to post by Lynda101

You make a good point Lynda but at the same time people should never feel a need to hide or conceal who they are what religion they may be for fear of retaliation. I mean... in a free country anyway.

Hi Rusethorcain,

I agree with you that in a free country/world etc. I saw the Mod note earlier saying nothing quite like religion to make us all stop playing nice and took a peek at the floor for any of my toys from my pram..

However my mind goes back to this, which is something I can't lay at any other religion's door. In the UK one of the Bombers who tried to blow up an airport was a Doctor working in a hospital. Obviously smiling courtesly and trying to heal people then he goes leaping off to blow them to bits.

For me that requires a very nasty programming capable of acting constructively then so wickedly destructively, one wonders how these opposites got so successfully inplanted into an educated psyche and the answer always come back to me, only through a religious doorway. If you work to link people's personalities to a religion you have the perfect tool to get people to unquestioningly do things which, if they were free thinkers they would rule out immediately.

This is why although I wish only the best to the poster, I think he/she is trying to put their problem onto my shoulders and that's a bad idea.

I hope I am not giving an impression of being judgemental, its not the case.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

I think the word is "Tehkia" or something like that.

It's Taqqiya. And the line where persecution is drawn is flaky and flimsy due to interpretations. Some say that just having kafir in the holy lands is persecution thus permissible to lie in order to deceive.They say that merely having haram ways forced onto them when living in Western nations are actions to destroy Islam, again so it is acceptable.

Indeed these are also reasons to enact Jihad against the 'persecutor' - "to take part in the defence of the Muslim community when it is attacked by an enemy who wishes to destroy Islam."

These are the radicals that hide in plain sight, and giving a bad name to moderate Muslims. These are the people who need to be told that their interpretations are unacceptable. These are the people who plot inside western borders.

They use these reasons and quotes such as "Permission to fight is given to those on whom war is made, because they are oppressed... those who are driven from their homes without a just cause except that they say: Our Lord is Allah." (22:39-40) in order to hide themselves until they have the power in numbers to fight, claiming it is self defence.

And they DO exist within moderate Muslim communities in Western countries. Some are more open about their agendas, such as Hizb ut-Tahrir who have, here in Australia, publicly called for a "Muslim superstate, and warned Muslims they must be prepared to kill anyone who threatened its existence".

A pan-global organisation in Egypt, Iraq, Libya, Syria, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Russia, Indonesia and Malaysia, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Turkey, Australia, Denmark, Germany and The United Kingdom to name currently known countries - Banned in most which strengthens them - and with tens of thousands of followers.

Not bad for just a few mad people... Just *ONE* group.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Jeezes

oO

I think you are pointing out an obvious fact here, this subject has many many different streams of topics however people seem to just mush them all up into the same pot.

While I don't condone the barbaric and culturally ignorant behavior I have to look at the low crime rates and low social problems in these areas (yes cultural, it's not the religions that are the issue, it's the baggage people carry).

Sure you have "human rights" in the US and the UK, but then you also have a society where you can get banged up for 20+ years for stealing precious metal and stones but get a slap on the wrist murder.

Especially here in the UK crime and punishment is a joke, a system of hypocritical rules designed to do one thing only - provide an escape route for the very crooked sitting at the top.

Hell if we had that kind of punishment in the UK you would see a serious reduction in teenagers stamping fathers to death, burglars raping old women and pedophiles running rampant.

Tit for tat my friend, we can sit here and argue how barbaric these places seem to us yet these 'backwards people' can boast something we don't have - genuine peace of mind on a day-to-day basis. Sure everyone has their share of corrupt leaders and generic social problems but one thing I and many others experienced with the middle east and asia is that these people, with their simple lives have something we in the west will never have and that is a genuine sense of serenity.

Being able to leave your doors open, the freedom to interact with your neighbours without any ill will and knowing the only thing you worry about on a day to day basis is the things in front of you seems to me like something we all need a little in our lives.

It is every easy to sit in your chair and judge a place you probably have never really tried to look at truthfully or with your full attention but trust me it's us in the west who are the real poor people living in a 3rd world.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by old_god

Yeah but still, I don't like climbing slippery slopes because when you reach the top, you find what you were climbing for slipped away and you're stuck with all that's left.

Start at the good bits, suddenly there's enough interest by enough people to start with the bad bits... no thanks.

I'd much rather FIX our problems than replace them.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
" I was born and raised in USA, and I´m not a racist, foreign country invader, tell me I´m lying!"
I don´t mean to be agressive, just wanted to put things in perspective.

A muslim is just a guy like everyone of us, there is no need to "believe him" since that is considering the posibility that he is lying. If any of you say "I´m not a racist!" I don´t have to doubt you. Some people are, but if you say you are not, I believe you. Unfortunately as I have read, many in this forum are.

Did you dislike my initial line? ¿what makes you think that muslims or everybody else in the world likes to be stereotyped?

NOT EVERY MUSLIM IS A TERRORIST, JUST LIKE NOT EVERY USA PEOPLE IS RACIST OR A COUNTRY INVADER. WE ARE ALL PEOPLE.

RISE YOUR MIND!!!

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lynda101
For me that requires a very nasty programming capable of acting constructively then so wickedly destructively, one wonders how these opposites got so successfully inplanted into an educated psyche and the answer always come back to me, only through a religious doorway. If you work to link people's personalities to a religion you have the perfect tool to get people to unquestioningly do things which, if they were free thinkers they would rule out immediately.

I thought about that as well...but then you just need to look at history to see how a person could be so easily manipulated - simply hold his family to ransom, isn't that also a form of mind control? Just giving an alternative view here.

I don't discount religion can be used by the real radicals wielding it to their own end but that's no different from someone taking a kitchen knife used to make their dinner...to then walk out in the street and stab someone to death...

In both cases a tool is manipulated to reach an end goal.
edit on 6-3-2011 by old_god because: typo

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

reply to post by old_god

Yeah but still, I don't like climbing slippery slopes because when you reach the top, you find what you were climbing for slipped away and you're stuck with all that's left.

Start at the good bits, suddenly there's enough interest by enough people to start with the bad bits... no thanks.

I'd much rather FIX our problems than replace them.

No one talked about replacing them, I am simply pointing out that you need to see both sides of the picture... and quite frankly our problems are beyond fixing.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join