It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a muslim. I'm not violent/radical. Tell me I'm lying!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

Their actual motivation is something that I really don't know. I assume it's kind of like the gang banging craze here in America. These were mostly poor people missing vital parts of their family life who had an opportunity to gain respect and a family, so they joined a gang. I think the same goes for radicals, they come from the poorest of places, and are told that they'll be on Gods light but nobody ever teaches them that SUICIDE IS A SIN!

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Even the Jewish nation have their gangs.......the RED MAFYIA

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

I know money is...

What did I say to get your reply? I said the actions of others in those regions is why they are looked at in a negative light.

I also didn't say anything about the war.

edit on 3/6/2011 by ugie1028 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

link   

These are full passages from the Koran. Not "disjointed quotes'

You haven't posted any full Surahs, hence "disjointed quotes".

I in no way listed ancient or archaic forms of Islamic tradition. These are still WIDELY practiced in the Islamic world today.

Only by the uneducated, there are many Muslim scholars who do interpret the religion differently and as aforementioned, educated contemporary Muslims do not rigidly accept these views. You only refer to the Qur'an and Hadith, failing to recognise the element of critical thought and modernisation of values.

The Koran was NOT written in a chronological form. Do your homework.

Never claimed it was, it was still pretty much written over a thousand years ago. By 'over' I don't mean 'over the span of a thousand years' I mean a sum of time greater than a thousand years.

Being condescending doesn't mean that you're right. The guys a Muslim and he says that many Muslims share his perspectives, which anyone who has lived in a Muslim country or that has known multiple Muslims can tell you is the truth. How can you make any claims about modern Muslim attitudes by basing your opinions on media declarations about people who you've never met?

link   
look buddy did god gave his evidence by appearing in front of us making this dispute came to end for who is right and who is wrong no he didn't but he left us signs to believe in him without even seeing him but we believe in him... thats deeper than you think much deeper

we are born with freewill in this world we can claims to be god in this world and get our self hell fire as satan programmed us to do are submit to the will of god by doing rightmost deeds ..

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

If you watch the below video......believe you me.....the Arab "gangsters" or "brotherhood", Italian Mafia, the black hoods and Hispanic groups are a walk in the park!

www.youtube.com...
edit on 6-3-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Can you answer my question instead of directing me toward a video please?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware
reply to post by projectvxn

Exactly, the Islamic dogma is the same today as it used to be a long time ago. Infact, they think a lack of reform or change stands in favour of it's truth. It contains disgusting preaching. Wake up from it. Throw away your label.
edit on 6/3/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

The set up of the Koran is non-chronological. The first revelation given to Mohammad by the Angel Gabriel was not Sura 1 it's Sura 96. The last revelation is Sura 110 not the last chapter which is Sura 114. Mohammad was not literate and had to recite what he had been told by Gabriel to others. The first Islamic Caliph Abu Bakr, sent out a scribe to piece together the various recitations given to chosen few, and these men had not written down what they had been told by Mohammad, in fact, as the story goes, they committed the Recitation to memory.

The Koran is a collection of Sermons interspersed with historic incidents that assume the reader to know the context of the story. In fact to understand the Koran one must read the Torah, the New Testament, and many of the old Akkadian and Sumerian stories and religious texts to provide the historical context one needs to understand the context of Koranic history.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

I'm not understand why people are failing to realize that taking one or two sentences from an entire chapter doesn't work. It doesn't help you understand the context in which the verse was spoken. And even then, you have to study the circumstances of the verses revelation. For example, most people on ATS are not idol worshipers, we have muslims, christians, jews, buddhists, atheists, and probably a lot of other things. The Prophet Muhammad was born in a time when idol worship was just the way things were, and he was breaking tribal tradition speaking out against idol worshipers. He became a target of numerous assassination attempts and then you expect him to not be allowed to fight back??

However in this day and age, there is nobody tryna kill me for being muslim, there is nobody oppressing my family, raping my mother, sisters, wife, and daughters. There is nobody tryna kill any muslims I know, so why then would I be allowed to fight them?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by arollingstone

Full Suras take whole pages. I address individual claims made by the OP of certain things not appearing in the Koran as well as his misinterpretation of what is Shari'a Law by using the Suras he claimed didn't exist.

Only by the uneducated, there are many Muslim scholars who do interpret the religion differently and as aforementioned, educated contemporary Muslims do not rigidly accept these views. You only refer to the Qur'an and Hadith, failing to recognise the element of critical thought and modernisation of values.

This doesn't change what Shari'a Law is, nor does it change it's WIDE practice in Islamic Jurisprudence in the Middle East.

edit on 6-3-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

You're one of two things..

If you're not a liar then you're an "APOSTATE".

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

I know it's not an arabic word. I'm just saying, does anybody really use the word anymore???

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

I expect you to also address your misdirection in the first post I made here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I expect you to address this here:

You have not. It seems you have deliberately ignored these posts.

I'm not understand why people are failing to realize that taking one or two sentences from an entire chapter doesn't work. It doesn't help you understand the context in which the verse was spoken. And even then, you have to study the circumstances of the verses revelation.

This is addressed here:

I fail to see why, if you are Muslim, you do not understand what I am saying, nor do you address these glaring inconsistencies in your posts. You know full well it is not necessary to post "Full Suras". That is of course, if you are a real Muslim in any stretch.

My guess is you're expecting me to post entire Chapters. Posting the entire Chapter of The Cow is ridiculous and unnecessary. The Suras I posted are complete.
edit on 6-3-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

Mod Note: ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.
edit on 3/6/2011 by maria_stardust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Funny that you choose to ignore my earlier statement with regards to the fact that there is not one set of Sharia laws, pretty much every Muslim country has different laws that all fall under the blanket term of 'Sharia law'. For example, in some Muslim countries it is illegal to consume alchohol, in some others it is legal. Sharia law has nothing to do with the original post mind you.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   

mods please delete
edit on 6-3-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: no reason given

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by infomaster

Try this video for size.....

Jew & Palestinian v Neo Nazi

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by arollingstone

I addressed what Shari'a is in my first post.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

It was'nt meant for you......was meant for Poet

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Well actually if you are as "well versed" as you think you are then you would know that it is COMPLETELY necessary to read an entire surah as everything is related in that CHAPTER. You know, how books are written?

As for what you call inconsistencies I said back in the early pages of the thread, sharia law was never mentioned in the quran. Commandments such as fasting, praying, and charity are not considered sharia they are considered requirements of faith. Sharia is a form of governance derived mostly from the sunnah of the Prophet which has been twisted shaken and turned countless times throughout history, which is why it's not solid. Why should I follow sharia, which is the alleged laws of God in governing the land when I've read the Qur'an numerous times and have never read anything about sharia. As you claim to as well, I'm 100% sure you never read anything about sharia.

new topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join